PDA

View Full Version : Western Conference Finals

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Quik Sand
5/15/2011, 05:25 PM
The matchup is now set. Dallas was playing at a tremendous level after sweeping LA. I say was because who knows if they will keep that up after being off for awhile. A little bit about each player matchups.

Westbrook vs. Kidd - After two rounds of facing smaller quick PG's in Lawson and Conley, Westbrook will now face future hall of famer Jason Kidd. Kidd is crafty, slow, and a good stand still three point shooter. I prefer to see Westbrook go underneath the screens to help fight against his passing. Kidd will be almost reluctant to shoot the majority of the time from a pick n roll play. Kidd likes to get his shots from ball rotation and stand still three pointers. Westbrook must push the ball at all times to wear both Kidd out and the rest of the Mavs. Kidd is a much stronger PG for Westbrook to face, but the footspeed is not there to stay in front.

Thabo vs. Stevenson - Thabo's minutes should again be limited as Stevenson is not a threat to score from the two guard position. He is a decent stand still three point shooter, but is not going to break a defense down and create opportunities for others. Caron Butler would have changed this as he is a solid scoring option and Thabo's minutes would need to be up trying to slow him down.

KD vs. Marion - Marion, while being a solid defender, is not the physical defender that KD normally struggles with (Artest / Allen / Battier). Dallas plays better team defense than Denver did so while KD should have a somewhat easier time getting shots it will not be like the Denver series. Marion gets his points from scraps mainly at this point in his career and while KD should not fall asleep defending him, he should have an easier go than chasing around Denver's sharp shooters.

Ibaka vs. Dirk - This is the key matchup of the series. Dirk has been on a tear this postseason. I would like to think that Ibaka's length would bother Dirk a bit, but my concern is Dirk upfaking and creating fouls on Serge. Serge will have to be more disciplined in this series than he ever has. Dirk guarding Ibaka on the other end will also be key. Serge needs to do his best to get Dirk in foul trouble and also crash the boards on him. Ibaka is becoming known in the league for his helpside blocks. This will be a major challenge as he cannot leave Dirk to help.

Perkins vs. Chandler - The matchup of could have been vs. current Thunder centers. Chandler has made a tremendous difference for the Mavs. He is long and athletic and will alter shots when the Thunder come into the lane. As fans we need to see Perk block out instead of just going for the rebound. If Perk just tries to rebound the ball, Chandler will eat him alive. This will be the first true shot blocker the Thunder have faced this playoffs.

Sixth Man
Harden vs. Terry - This should be a great match between two players that are paramount to their team's success. The Thunder will need Harden to match what Terry brings. Terry brings playmaking ability and can be a big problem on fast breaks. With no real inside presence, the Thunder will need to stay at home on the perimeter as Terry is primarily a jumpshooter.

This next series is so contrasting to what we faced that it is amazing. Memphis lacked perimeter play, but made up for it with gritty play and a dominant inside game. Dallas is perimeter oriented with no real inside presence (Dirk will post up). Dallas (similar to Denver) is loaded with snipers and the Thunder will have to be disciplined on ball rotations. Dallas killed LA with this.

Thunder really need to get a split to open the series. Dallas is a really good road team and is very capable of winning at our place.

I would like to hear from our resident Mavs fans on this board about the matchups and other comments. Should be a fun series!

OUMallen
5/15/2011, 05:36 PM
No one will stop Dirk, and that's OK. We just need to limit everyone else on the floor and be seriously athletic and push the ball as much as possible. We *have* to wear them down in that manner. We can't go half-court v. half-court against them.

I love the Thunder about as much as the Sooners, but I think DAL in 6 on this one and it won't feel that close.

silverwheels
5/15/2011, 05:40 PM
Yeah Dallas just owns OKC, unfortunately. Then again, so did Memphis before that series. Should be interesting.

soonerbub
5/15/2011, 08:07 PM
Nice breakdown. We just need to ride the wave & steal Game 1.

This **** is BANANAS

SapulpaSooner
5/15/2011, 08:17 PM
We are in it to win it

colleyvillesooner
5/15/2011, 08:23 PM
Agree on the breakdowns and the fact that Dirk will get his. Stopping Terry (or letting Terry stop himself) will be the key. That and keeping Chandler out of early foul trouble.

Mavs in 6, but OKC will battle. Weird to not root for a team from Oklahoma, but no problem rooting against a team lead by a Whorn. Don't know how y'all sleep at night. ;)

yankee
5/15/2011, 08:26 PM
Great breakdown Quiksand, though I agree with Mallen. Dirk will get his, and thats just something we'll have to live with. It's containing and being physical with the supporting cast. They've been fantastic in these playoffs, but I don't think they can keep that pace going. We're not an old unathletic team like the Lakers. If we can play focused, we can expose the Mavs (no real true number 2 go to guy).

oumartin
5/15/2011, 09:01 PM
Dallas wins game one then their age gets them. OKC in 6

ouleaf
5/15/2011, 09:08 PM
I would like to hear from our resident Mavs fans on this board about the matchups and other comments. Should be a fun series!

Nice analysis

To me the key to the Mavs winning this series are:

1) Containing Westbrook - The Mavs simply have no one on their roster that can match him athletically or speed-wise. The Mavs have to limit his chances at getting the ball out in transition. Look for the Carlisle to throw Kidd, Barea, Stevenson, and possibly Terry at him to slow him down.

2) Defensive Rebounding - The Mavs play pretty good team defense, but they can be sometimes be lazy on the defensive glass. The Mavs simply cannot afford to give OKC second chance opportunities. Plus, good rebounding will allow the Mavs to get the ball out in transition to Kidd, who is still one of the best in the league at running a fast break

3) Dallas Bench - This has really been a huge key for the Mavs success this season and even more so in the playoffs. They will have to continue to produce for the Mavs to advance. To think what this team could role out with if they had a healthy Caron Butler. It is without question the best bench in the league. Jet Terry definitely found his shooting touch during the Lakers series. Here is hoping he still has it against OKC. Aside from Dirk, he is really the only Mav that has the ability to explode for 30+ points in a game.

J.J. Barea killed the Lakers on the high pick and roll. When Peja is locked in, he can be deadly from the perimeter. Haywood has upped his level of play during the playoffs, and he has been very solid when Chandler is out. You might even see Brewer come in for a few spot minutes to help defend KD if Marion gets in foul trouble.

4) Carlisle - While he has been heavily criticized at times this season, he has done a good job this playoffs, with the game 4 in Portland being the only exception. He is a good X's and O's guy, and look for him to exploit any mismatches he feels are out there. The offense will run through Dirk, either getting him in isolation around the free throw line, or in the two man game with Terry or Kidd/Barea. If they don't double Dirk will hopefully show the same versatility he has in mixing it up between driving or knocking down the fadeaway jumper

Look for him to use Kidd's size/strength advantage if Westbrook covers him and post him up to get looks close to the bucket or to draw double teams and kick it to the open guy. Also need to watch for the Kidd/Chandler alley-oop monster jam. Nothing can change the momentum of a game when they connect on one of those.

Quik Sand
5/15/2011, 09:45 PM
Nice analysis

To me the key to the Mavs winning this series are:

1) Containing Westbrook - The Mavs simply have no one on their roster that can match him athletically or speed-wise. The Mavs have to limit his chances at getting the ball out in transition. Look for the Carlisle to throw Kidd, Barea, Stevenson, and possibly Terry at him to slow him down.

2) Defensive Rebounding - The Mavs play pretty good team defense, but they can be sometimes be lazy on the defensive glass. The Mavs simply cannot afford to give OKC second chance opportunities. Plus, good rebounding will allow the Mavs to get the ball out in transition to Kidd, who is still one of the best in the league at running a fast break

3) Dallas Bench - This has really been a huge key for the Mavs success this season and even more so in the playoffs. They will have to continue to produce for the Mavs to advance. To think what this team could role out with if they had a healthy Caron Butler. It is without question the best bench in the league. Jet Terry definitely found his shooting touch during the Lakers series. Here is hoping he still has it against OKC. Aside from Dirk, he is really the only Mav that has the ability to explode for 30+ points in a game.

J.J. Barea killed the Lakers on the high pick and roll. When Peja is locked in, he can be deadly from the perimeter. Haywood has upped his level of play during the playoffs, and he has been very solid when Chandler is out. You might even see Brewer come in for a few spot minutes to help defend KD if Marion gets in foul trouble.

4) Carlisle - While he has been heavily criticized at times this season, he has done a good job this playoffs, with the game 4 in Portland being the only exception. He is a good X's and O's guy, and look for him to exploit any mismatches he feels are out there. The offense will run through Dirk, either getting him in isolation around the free throw line, or in the two man game with Terry or Kidd/Barea. If they don't double Dirk will hopefully show the same versatility he has in mixing it up between driving or knocking down the fadeaway jumper

Look for him to use Kidd's size/strength advantage if Westbrook covers him and post him up to get looks close to the bucket or to draw double teams and kick it to the open guy. Also need to watch for the Kidd/Chandler alley-oop monster jam. Nothing can change the momentum of a game when they connect on one of those.Good breakdown. I agree the Mavs bench is great. I actually think that OKC's bench is the second best behind them. Maynor is Mr. Steady, Cook is a sniper, Collison is intangibles, Mohammed is a wal, and Harden is the X factor. Dallas counters that better than anyone.

At first thought you would think that Westbrook should dominate this series. I went back and looked how he fared against Dallas and he is averaging about 14 points per game and porous shooting. He will need to be more under control and finish better for OKC to win.

ouleaf
5/15/2011, 10:01 PM
At first thought you would think that Westbrook should dominate this series. I went back and looked how he fared against Dallas and he is averaging about 14 points per game and porous shooting. He will need to be more under control and finish better for OKC to win.

Yes, Westbrook could use another year or two to really fine tune his game, and in general that is another key factor in this series...Experience. Experience in that the Thunder don't have much of it and the Mavs have a surplus of it. However, experience doesn't always mean success.

Westbrook is a completely different animal than anything the Mavs will have faced so far this playoffs. About the only guy I can even think would have some similarities physically that they have faced might be Shannon Brown with the Lakers, and Westbrook is waaayyy better than Brown.

boomersooner28
5/15/2011, 10:07 PM
Charles Barkley is a dick-knuckle.

OKC Wins.

The End.

Mike Stoops
5/16/2011, 12:25 AM
When did Dallas become this unbeatable juggernaut? They ran into an aging LA team that imploded at the right time. Dirk is one of the biggest chokers in NBA history.

GrapevineSooner
5/16/2011, 08:09 AM
When did Dallas become this unbeatable juggernaut? They ran into an aging LA team that imploded at the right time. Dirk is one of the biggest chokers in NBA history.

:rolleyes:

GrapevineSooner
5/16/2011, 08:22 AM
And by that last comment, I mean that Dallas' past playoff failures can't be all pinned on Dirk.

I'd submit that Jason Terry's failure to show up has had more of an impact than anything Dirk's done.

That having been said, he has been playing at a higher level than I think I've seen him play at in any other playoffs. And in the end that, combined with Dallas being more of a complete team, is what should prove to be the difference.

That having been said, if Westbrook has many games where he's in double figures in points and assists and keeps his turnovers down, OKC's got a real shot.

That is why they play the games afterall.

But if forced to make a pick, I'll echo colley and go Dallas in 6.

GrapevineSooner
5/16/2011, 11:10 AM
Also, Ben and Skin, a radio show here in Dallas pointed out that in Dallas' two wins in OKC this year, the Mavs overcame 4th quarter deficits by outscoring the Thunder in the 4th by totals of 36-24 and 24-12.

That last win came with Dirk having played only 11 minutes before leaving in the 2nd quarter.

Ruf/Nek7
5/17/2011, 01:44 PM
Nobody has even mentioned Corey Brewer and the defense he brings to the court. Also, Maynard is another quick, shifty point that has the potential to score like westbrook, just lacks the experience. Its going to be a great series nonetheless.

ouleaf
5/17/2011, 02:25 PM
Nobody has even mentioned Corey Brewer and the defense he brings to the court.

Yes I did

You might even see Brewer come in for a few spot minutes to help defend KD if Marion gets in foul trouble.

Honestly though, i would not to expect to see him a whole lot. I'd say you're only likely to see him if Marion gets into foul trouble, which he usually does not.

Mavs will run mostly 9 deep w/Brewer, Cardinal, and Mahinmi only called upon in the rarest of situations.

GrapevineSooner
5/17/2011, 03:06 PM
Yes I did

Honestly though, i would not to expect to see him a whole lot. I'd say you're only likely to see him if Marion gets into foul trouble, which he usually does not.

Mavs will run mostly 9 deep w/Brewer, Cardinal, and Mahinmi only called upon in the rarest of situations.

In Cardinal's case, it'll be to set a screen in garbage time that's meant to simply **** the Thunder off.

Quik Sand
5/17/2011, 03:33 PM
Nobody has even mentioned Corey Brewer and the defense he brings to the court. Also, Maynor is another quick, shifty point that has the potential to score like westbrook, just lacks the experience. Its going to be a great series nonetheless.I agree. Thunder goes 10 deep with a few more options if needed.

Harden
Maynor
Collison
Nazr
Cook

Options: Robinson, Ivey

Both benches are superb and are easily the two best in the league.

Quik Sand
5/17/2011, 03:37 PM
TOGETHER

yAUEdt4JNf0

SoonerofAlabama
5/17/2011, 04:24 PM
Off Topic: Do the Clippers still have their draft lottery pick?

ouleaf
5/17/2011, 04:28 PM
Off Topic: Do the Clippers still have their draft lottery pick?

Nope....think it went to the Cavs in that Baron Davis for Mo Williams/Jamario Moon trade.

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 08:09 PM
It would be asking too much for the Thunder to win this game. The crowd looks fired up. the ref power trip has started early, as perk and chandler get technicals

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 08:14 PM
Thunder are playing a little intimidated. Ibaka can't defend Dirk

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 08:26 PM
Ok Thunder playing much better nao. they do so good when they run

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 08:37 PM
TREMENDOUS QUARTER FOR THE THUNDER. /yelling

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 08:45 PM
TREMENDOUS QUARTER FOR THE THUNDER. /yelling

I agree AlboSooner. However Dallas is getting some calls nao

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 08:55 PM
**** Dallas!

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 08:55 PM
When did Dallas become this unbeatable juggernaut?

Never.

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 08:58 PM
too much respect for Berea

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 09:00 PM
no foul called on chandler

Tiptonsooner
5/17/2011, 09:03 PM
I bet Serge hates tech foul shots, he doesn't get a chance to sniff the ball...

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 09:05 PM
Dirt finally missed one

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 09:07 PM
commentators openly cheering Dallas scoring.

Tiptonsooner
5/17/2011, 09:11 PM
we're getting ripped...

yankee
5/17/2011, 09:28 PM
These refs suck, BIG TIME. For both teams. I f'n hate it when refs are determined to be a part of a game. GTFO of the way and let the teams play. This is the western conference finals for crying out loud.

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 09:30 PM
My Dad calls me and we go down to the mavs....

WTH?

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 09:32 PM
Damn...those Denny's pancakes look good.

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 09:33 PM
Peyton Manning goes to hair club?

Ruf/Nek7
5/17/2011, 09:34 PM
I would like to ruffle some feathers with all you thundered up fans but I will refrain since I had to come in late on the game.

Ruf/Nek7
5/17/2011, 09:36 PM
Yes I did

I meant none Dallas type. Actually I never read yours so I assumed and well ya, you know.

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 09:38 PM
bad westbrook showed up tonight

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 09:41 PM
You can't touch Dirk in this series. Dallas should just give the ball to dirk. why do they bother with other players

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2011, 09:42 PM
Game of runs right now. I'm sure OKC has another one in them. Gonna be a tight game.

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2011, 09:46 PM
You can't touch Dirk in this series. Dallas should just give the ball to dirk. why do they bother with other players

Kinda like you can actually not touch the Whorn on a 3 but a foul is called.

And that last one on Chandler was not a foul. It's going both ways.

Ruf/Nek7
5/17/2011, 09:46 PM

Um Durant isn't getting any of those calls either?

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 09:48 PM
you can't touch dirk. put some third teams on him. you cannot make flesh contact with dirk in this game.

There is no equivalence between the favoritism dirk gets and the favoritism durant gets. Dirk has three Thunder players on foul trouble on dubious fouls.

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2011, 09:48 PM
So we made it almost 3 quarters in the first gamebefore the first "the refs are screwing us" post. :D

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 09:49 PM
Incredible play by Westbrooke!

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 09:50 PM
See you can't touch him. I don't know why Sefolosha touched him. You can't do that.

StoopTroup
Knob blitz ski gets a call....

The refs are screwing us....:D

colleyvillesooner
you can't touch dirk. put some third teams on him. you cannot make flesh contact with dirk in this game.

There is no equivalence between the favoritism dirk gets and the favoritism durant gets. Dirk has three Thunder players on foul trouble on dubious fouls.

Dude. A reach in is a foul. They have been calling those and hand checks all year. The Whorn has to know that.

yankee
5/17/2011, 09:53 PM
I'll say it again. These refs suck. They literally like dick in their mouth. I wanna throw up, this is almost unwatchable to see Dirk get calls like this.

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 09:53 PM
Knob blitz ski gets a call....

The refs are screwing us....:D

If MJ, Kobe and Durant combined their preferential treatment by the refs, it would still be less than Dirk's. You can't touch Dirk at all here. Less than one half of the physicality of the Memphis-Thunder game has been applied on Dirk, and he is about to foul our even out water boy.

Randolph must be cursing watching this game.

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 09:55 PM
Even when you don't touch Dirk, he still gets to shoot a free throw.

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2011, 09:56 PM
If MJ, Kobe and Durant combined their preferential treatment by the refs, it would still be less than Dirk's. You can't touch Dirk at all here. Less than one half of the physicality of the Memphis-Thunder game has been applied on Dirk, and he is about to foul our even out water boy.

As a long time Mavs fan, and I think Grapevine will agree with me, it is hilarious to hear another team claim that Dirk gets all the calls.

Kinda true in this game, but as an overall view, it's hilarious.

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 09:58 PM
This is like watching OU-Texas, being reffed by Jon Bible. Another technical on the Thunder. I think you can't even look at Dirk with a mean face or you will get called for a technical.

Nothing new though: an Oklahoma team getting screwed in Texas.

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 09:58 PM

Well....nobody even covered Dirk on that last one and he drained it. now we are down by 11.

That wasn't a bad call.....he was open and got the shot and took it. The dude can shoot and he's on fire right now.

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2011, 10:00 PM
This is like watching OU-Texas, being reffed by Jon Bible. Another technical on the Thunder. I think you can't even look at Dirk with a mean face or you will get called for a technical.

Nothing new though: an Oklahoma team getting screwed in Texas.

You do know that was a tech for a defensive 3 seconds right? But don't let the facts stop you, you're on a roll. :D

Fearing one more OKC run here.

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 10:01 PM
Well....nobody even covered Dirk on that last one and he drained it. now we are down by 11.

That wasn't a bad call.....he was open and got the shot and took it. The dude can shoot and he's on fire right now.

There is a reason why mark cuban hasn't been Jerry Jones lately: he knows the NBA will let him team in the finals.

A small market team is no threat to him.

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 10:01 PM
Also.....the thing i believe above sports.

Sure....maybe you get some bad calls sometimes.

You have to get over it and keep on playing your best and quit complaining when you are up against a Team like the Mavs. you have to overcome the bad calls and you have to own the loss or accept the win....

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 10:02 PM
Now Jon Bible will sprinkle some fouls here and there on our worst free throw shooters, so when the game is over they can claim objectivity.

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 10:03 PM
There is a reason why mark cuban hasn't been Jerry Jones lately: he knows the NBA will let him team in the finals.

A small market team is no threat to him.

You need to get over the fact that Dallas and Cuban are evil and that they are going to be given this series because that's what the NBA wants.

Seriously....if you are going to take that viewpoint....you should probably log out and go over to Land Thieves and post with Nic Zepp.

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 10:04 PM
Yet another foul called in favor of Dirk.

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 10:05 PM
More fouls called in favor of Dirk. Now MJ is getting upset.

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 10:05 PM
Yet another foul called in favor of Dirk.

Really?

Are you drinking?

Why don't you go kick your dog.....

Ruf/Nek7
5/17/2011, 10:07 PM
Another foul called for Dirk.....oh wait he is on the bench.

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 10:07 PM
Down by 10

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 10:08 PM
Four players in foul trouble by one player. Either Dirk is a German basketball god, or the thunder suck at defending properly.

StoopTroup
Another foul called for Dirk.....oh wait he is on the bench.

Exactly....lol

Ruf/Nek7
Dirk doing his best MC Hammer impression....CAN'T TOUCH THIS!

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 10:09 PM
Four players in foul trouble by one player. Either Dirk is a German basketball god, or the thunder suck at defending properly.

Or maybe they can't count and when they got in foul trouble...as pro Basketball players they ignored that they were in foul trouble and just kept playing him close....lol

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 10:09 PM
now that the game is out of control, Jon Bible will sprinkle a few fouls to make the stat sheet look legit.

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 10:10 PM
We've got 1 quarter to pull this together and make this a W

Ruf/Nek7
5/17/2011, 10:11 PM
There that "no technical" technical call made up for all the "no foul" fouls on Dirk....or not.

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 10:11 PM
Dirk now is directing fouls from the bench.

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2011, 10:12 PM
Harden left his skirt on the floor after that flop.

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2011, 10:13 PM
Dirk now is directing fouls from the bench.

You're embarrassing your fellow Thunder fans.

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 10:15 PM
You're embarrassing your fellow Thunder fans.

I agree....it doesn't stop at Thunder is my guess. Wait until you see the football board this year....

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 10:16 PM
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee483/albosooner/cantouch.png

The thunder would be on top if they were allowed to play D like in the memphis game

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 10:20 PM
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee483/albosooner/untouch.png

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2011, 10:21 PM
I would like to personally apologize to SAS if I sounded like this during our Spurs/Mavs series.

tfoolry
5/17/2011, 10:22 PM
Quote of the night: "JJ is dynomite!"

BetterSoonerThanLater
5/17/2011, 10:25 PM
i'm actually suprised the score isn't worse than it is....now we're afraid to play defense cause of all the fouls called, and we've gone cold on the offensive side....

BetterSoonerThanLater
5/17/2011, 10:27 PM
smallest guy on the floor is on fire

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 10:30 PM
I hope some of you got it that I was trollin' :D

Dallas has a tremendous team, and expect them to win the championship. Nobody can defend Dirk, and it has nothing to do with the refs.

Tiptonsooner
5/17/2011, 10:31 PM
Dirk is a freak, no doubt. I think the fouls are bull****, both ways. This is the finals, let em play.

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 10:31 PM
I hope some of you got it that I was trollin' :D

Dallas has a tremendous team, and expect them to win the championship. Nobody can defend Dirk, and it has nothing to do with the refs.

Well....it's always good to have some sort of excuse in your pocket for being an *******.

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2011, 10:32 PM
Yeah, right

Tiptonsooner
5/17/2011, 10:33 PM
BTW, Barea will embarass your 7 ft ***.....

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 10:34 PM
Dirk is a freak, no doubt. I think the fouls are bull****, both ways. This is the finals, let em play.

Thing is....we are 11 points down right now and not out of this....

Play your heart out....pull this game out.

It's not over until it's over....

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 10:34 PM
Call it 7 points

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 10:35 PM
LETS GO THUNDER ! ! !

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 10:35 PM
Well....it's always good to have some sort of excuse in your pocket for being an *******.

sounds like an excuse for being dense my friend.

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2011, 10:36 PM
Here the run I was talking about...

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 10:36 PM
5 POINTS!

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2011, 10:40 PM
So the announcers want a flagrant 1 on Dirk because ge didn't make a play on the ball. Is that possible when you actually touch the ball?

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 10:41 PM
we need westbrook of game 7

picasso
5/17/2011, 10:44 PM
Dirk's a Nazi. There, it had to be said.

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2011, 10:45 PM
Heh

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 10:45 PM

spek

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 10:46 PM

Well....there you go...The Hitler Motive.

Nice.

BetterSoonerThanLater
5/17/2011, 10:46 PM
game over. 5 pts was as close as it was gonna get. dirk can do no wrong tonight, if he shoots, he makes it, if we foul him, he makes the free throw anyway. might as well just let him take the shot, and run down and score then repeat.

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 10:47 PM
Even with all the fouls....we could have won this one IMO.

AlboSooner
you can't defend that shot. what can you do to that

StoopTroup
Freaking nazi is on fire.

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 10:48 PM
Why doesn't someone kick him in the junk?

BetterSoonerThanLater
5/17/2011, 10:50 PM
i like westbrook, but damn, how many points has he cost us tonight? he keeps tryin to force everything. having a bad night? use the rest of the team...damn

StoopTroup
Dallas is good but The Thunder have nothing to be ashamed of tonight....

StoopTroup
That one hurt....

Got to be Game Over.

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 10:51 PM
Night all....

Better luck next time Thunder!

BetterSoonerThanLater
you know what? **** it... the whole damn team doesn't miss.....how frustrating it must be for the thunder...no matter what you do, it's not good enough. lets get'em in game two!!

picasso
Freaking nazi is on fire.

That's what Yuri said in the garden at the Reich Chancellery.

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 10:52 PM
you know what? **** it... the whole damn team doesn't miss.....how frustrating it must be for the thunder...no matter what you do, it's not good enough. lets get'em in game two!!

It reminds me of the first Memphis game. I don't think dallas can keep this up. They are better than OKC though, at this stage.

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 10:52 PM

Yep. Dirk was on fire. He had an NBA Legend kind of night. We always can push him in another game to see how many times he can have nights like this.

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 10:53 PM
232 points scored. Hell of a game tonight. It sucks losing.

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2011, 10:54 PM
Dallas is good but The Thunder have nothing to be ashamed of tonight....

Agree

Tin Cup
5/17/2011, 10:56 PM
5'5" midget also killed OKC. Dirk is gonna get his, but you have to keep everyone else at a minimum.

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 11:01 PM
Albo..."You got Trolled"

What a ****.

I'm thinking maybe he's Jerry Brewer....

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/jerrybrewer/2015057150_brewer15.html

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2011, 11:02 PM
Yep. Terry and JJ are why the Mavs won. the Whorn didn't get the help Dirk did.

Partial Qualifier
5/17/2011, 11:03 PM
I finally figured out why Clark Kellogg sounds like he's got something in his mouth when he speaks, he's got Dirk Nowitskie's **** and balls jammed in there

edit: or who was it on the telecast? Obviously a big Mavs fan. Sounds just like kellogg

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 11:03 PM
Albo..."You got Trolled"

What a ****.

I'm thinking maybe he's Jerry Brewer....

oh burnzzz.

Partial Qualifier
5/17/2011, 11:07 PM
at least now the Thunder know what NOT to try vs. Nowitsky. SHeesh.

Sooner74
5/17/2011, 11:15 PM
Dirk and the Mavs outplayed the Thunder. It wasn't close. Westbrook is selfish and the Thunder won't win with him on the team.

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 11:17 PM
oh burnzzz.

Nope I'm wrong. Jerry has a job.

Partial Qualifier
5/17/2011, 11:23 PM
Dirk and the Mavs outplayed the Thunder. It wasn't close. Westbrook is selfish and the Thunder won't win with him on the team.

I agree he's (sometimes) selfish but really?

What OKC Thunder team have you been watching the past 2 years??

AlboSooner
5/17/2011, 11:29 PM
Nope I'm wrong. Jerry has a job.

so what, I like to stay on here and pad up my post count?! what's wrong with that?

ouleaf
5/17/2011, 11:37 PM
You were all just Nowitnesses!!! I think any worry of rust for the Mavs can be put to rest....An all-time performance by an all-time great in Dirk. Mavs did a good job in limiting Westbrook, and again got great bench play from Terry and Barea tonight.

Much props to KD too, who had a hell of a game. Definitely hope the ref crew for game 2 swallows their whistles a bit more though....79 free throws taken between the two teams is just ridiculous. Crawford called way too many ticky-tack fouls both ways.

Best moment of the night has to be the killer cross-over JJ put on Robinson for the layup. Great, great play.

Huge win for the Mavs!

yankee
5/17/2011, 11:45 PM
You were all just Nowitnesses!!! I think any worry of rust for the Mavs can be put to rest....An all-time performance by an all-time great in Dirk. Mavs did a good job in limiting Westbrook, and again got great bench play from Terry and Barea tonight.

All that going for you, plus you were at home, and yet the Mavs only led by 5 with 30 seconds to play in the game. Not a moral victory by any means, but what that tells me is the Thunder could have still won this game and are still very capable of taking Game 2 and this series.

SoonerNate
5/17/2011, 11:48 PM
OKC was being screwed all night by the officials. It was blatantly obvious. Those refs were blowing the whistle every 5 seconds and that kept OKC from getting out and running and wearing down the Wahhhvericks. The refs reminded me of Big 12 basketball officials.

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2011, 11:52 PM
All that going for you, plus you were at home, and yet the Mavs only led by 5 with 30 seconds to play in the game. Not a moral victory by any means, but what that tells me is the Thunder could have still won this game and are still very capable of taking Game 2 and this series.

That, or the Mavericks closed better and made the shots when it counted. Spin it how you want, still a "L"

yankee
5/17/2011, 11:54 PM
That, or the Mavericks closed better and made the shots when it counted. Spin it how you want, still a "L"

If blowing a lead and getting outscored in the 4th quarter is closing better, tell me where to find the drugs your on.

ouleaf
5/17/2011, 11:55 PM
OKC was being screwed all night by the officials. It was blatantly obvious. Those refs were blowing the whistle every 5 seconds and that kept OKC from getting out and running and wearing down the Wahhhvericks. The refs reminded me of Big 12 basketball officials.

Thunder actually shot more FT's than the Mavs.

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2011, 11:56 PM

That must be why the Thunder shot 7 more FT's than the Mavs.

You ran into the Dirk Buzzaw and got beat. you outrebounded the Mavs, shot better from 3 pt land, and took more FT's. Not much else you cam ask for.

yankee
5/18/2011, 12:17 AM
Thunder actually shot more FT's than the Mavs.

There's no denying that, however I get a kick out of the box score. Free throws for the Mavs by player:

1-1
1-2
4-4
24-24
3-3
1-2

LOL.

Curly Bill
5/18/2011, 12:21 AM

I agree with you on a lot of stuff, but this ain't one of em brother. You can say there were too many fouls shot, but at one point late in the game the Thunder had shot more FTs than the Mavs had.

...and it may have ended up that way, I'm too lazy to go look up any stats.

Curly Bill
5/18/2011, 12:21 AM
LOL...now I see a couple of peeps already made my point. :D

ouleaf
5/18/2011, 12:25 AM
There's no denying that, however I get a kick out of the box score. Free throws for the Mavs by player:

1-1
1-2
4-4
24-24
3-3
1-2

LOL.

And the Thunder's isn't as ridiculous? two players with 37 FTs attempts?

18-19
3-3
1-2
14-18
1-1

LOL

yankee
5/18/2011, 12:29 AM
And the Thunder's isn't as ridiculous? two players with 37 FTs attempts?

18-19
3-3
1-2
14-18
1-1

LOL

At least the refs spread the love a little more with the Thunder. Sheesh. All that lovin' on one guy.

GrapevineSooner
5/18/2011, 12:49 AM
If blowing a lead and getting outscored in the 4th quarter is closing better, tell me where to find the drugs your on.

Tell me when they actually blew the lead?

Sure, whittling it down to 5 made for tense moments in the 4th. But that doesn't constitute a blown lead, son.

yankee
5/18/2011, 12:51 AM
Tell me when they actually blew the lead?

Sure, whittling it down to 5 made for tense moments in the 4th. But that doesn't constitute a blown lead, son.

Someone from Grapevine defending someone from Colleyville. Never thought I'd see the day.

The Mavs let a double digit lead get down to a 2 possession game with under a minute left. Fine, they NEARLY blew a lead. My point still stands about the Mavs closing out, which is something they didn't do tonight. They hung on. And won. Deservedly so.

GrapevineSooner
5/18/2011, 12:57 AM
Put it this way, both teams have plenty of adjustments to make for Game 2.

Dallas allowed over 100 points for the first time all playoffs.

Oklahoma City doesn't have an answer for Dirk on the defensive end, nor do they have one for JJ Barea, apparently.

And they need Russell Westbrook to shoot better from the field.

Still a ton of basketball left to be played in this series. And hopefully tonight is the last night where there's a combined 79 FT's.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/18/2011, 02:25 AM
OKC was being screwed all night by the officials. It was blatantly obvious. Those refs were blowing the whistle every 5 seconds and that kept OKC from getting out and running and wearing down the Wahhhvericks. The refs reminded me of Big 12 basketball officials.I didn't even see the game, but I like your homer style, there.

SoonerNate
5/18/2011, 02:56 AM
I agree with you on a lot of stuff, but this ain't one of em brother. You can say there were too many fouls shot, but at one point late in the game the Thunder had shot more FTs than the Mavs had.

...and it may have ended up that way, I'm too lazy to go look up any stats.

I am aware of who shot more. But the fact that the officials slowed down the game on both ends hurt the Thunder by not allowing them to utilize their strength of playing a more fast paced game.

ouleaf
5/18/2011, 08:34 AM
But the fact that the officials slowed down the game on both ends hurt the Thunder by not allowing them to utilize their strength of playing a more fast paced game.

Really? you make it sound like they chopped of one of their legs. Great teams in the playoffs adjust to any situation, including refs with a quick whistle like Crawford.

Partial Qualifier
5/18/2011, 10:18 AM
Really? you make it sound like they chopped of one of their legs. Great teams in the playoffs adjust to any situation, including refs with a quick whistle like Crawford.

So neither of these teams is a "great team in the playoffs". Fair enough.

ouleaf
5/18/2011, 11:04 AM
So neither of these teams is a "great team in the playoffs". Fair enough.

The Mavs are a great team right now. They've won 7 straight playoff games....Are the Thunder as great?...TBD

Partial Qualifier
5/18/2011, 11:51 AM
So okay, are you saying the Mavs are "great"? Or that they're "playing great". I would agree they're certainly playing great. But it doesn't matter -- your point was "Great teams in the playoffs adjust to any situation", yet the Mavs had more fouls than the Thunder last night, Marion fouled out with plenty of time left and Chandler was in foul trouble the whole game.

colleyvillesooner
5/18/2011, 12:31 PM
The team that won adjusted, the team that lost did not.

That's Day 1 stuff. :D

ouleaf
5/18/2011, 12:47 PM
The Mavs are a great team right now.

The Mavs are playing great right now, and have done so over the course of this playoffs and specifically the last 7 games.

yet the Mavs had more fouls than the Thunder last night, Marion fouled out with plenty of time left and Chandler was in foul trouble the whole game.

Exactly....the Mavs had to go without those guys for significant minutes and had to adjust. Haywood played big minutes last night and they had to adjust their defensive plan without Marion on Durant the last 3 minutes of the game.

Partial Qualifier
5/18/2011, 01:33 PM
You Mavs fans sure are eager to crown your team and decree them as vastly superior to the Thunder! Strange behavior considering (and I'm assuming here) you're all Sooner fans, so you should have at least some sense of things from a favored team's perspective. This board, the ESPN boards, are full of Mavs fans trying to tweak every little angle and obscure facet of this series into the very reason why the Mavericks are the greatest team ever. It's getting weird.

instigator
5/18/2011, 01:59 PM
I don't think my Mavs are far superior. I do believe that they should win this series just like I think OU should win every game they play. :)

I think the whole thing is interesting. We are all here because of a common team and now since OKC got a basketball team, we are divided. Fun stuff. I would expect more Mavs fans in OKC since the Thunder are so new.

soonerbub
5/18/2011, 02:25 PM
When you can't stop one player on a team you MUST increase ball pressure on the other players so the main man has trouble getting catches. For all the preaching we do about defense we sure laid an egg last night.

My adjustments would be as follows:

-put Russ on Mini Me and CLAMP DOWN when he is in the game (if that opens it up more for the Jet so be it)

-put KD on the Dirk for extended periods & use the Durantula arms to DENY the basketball instead of massaging Dirk (this is why I think KD MUST get stronger--if he would hold his arms up on D he should average 10 deflections a game)

-send a playoff message that easy baskets will NOT be tolerated (even if that means Dirk goes 40/40 from the stripe--might be harder to do with beat up arms)

-realize it was 1 game and now it's time to learn from it and move on

THUNDER the **** UP see ya tomorrow night Mavvies

instigator
5/18/2011, 03:02 PM
Seemed like they were going to try denying Dirk the ball, but when Perk got called for 3 seconds, they never did it again. Got to keep him from ever getting the ball. It can be done. It's not like he is running off screens like Ray Allen. That is what I would try. Once he has it, you have no chance. Single coverage? You're dead. Brong a double? He'll just pass to the open man.

Mavs rarely have more than three and usually only two players on the floor at the same time that can really score.If Dirk doesn't have the ball there aren't many other options.

I don't think Durantula is the best option on Dirk. He isn't really strong so he gets called every time he reaches those long *** arms around. Ibaka really did a decent job. Dirk just made tough shots.

silverwheels
5/18/2011, 03:08 PM
There isn't a best option on Dirk. The Thunder just need to realize that and limit every other Mav as much as possible.

ouleaf
5/18/2011, 03:32 PM
You Mavs fans sure are eager to crown your team and decree them as vastly superior to the Thunder! Strange behavior considering (and I'm assuming here) you're all Sooner fans, so you should have at least some sense of things from a favored team's perspective. This board, the ESPN boards, are full of Mavs fans trying to tweak every little angle and obscure facet of this series into the very reason why the Mavericks are the greatest team ever. It's getting weird.

It's not that Mavericks are the greatest team ever (far from it), rather it's that this is probably one of the greatest Mavericks teams ever playing some of the best basketball this town has seen. They've beaten a Portland team that was supposed to oust them in the first round. They swept the 2 time defending champs, which not even the most optimistic of Mavericks fans could have predicted. And you have this franchises all time greatest player playing at such a high level and with such confidence right now. With a lockout on the horizon it really is now or never for the Mavs.

tator
5/18/2011, 03:46 PM
There isn't a best option on Dirk. The Thunder just need to realize that and limit every other Mav as much as possible.
I agree with this. Dirk is playing exactly as good as he has for years. Nothing new.

ouleaf
5/18/2011, 03:48 PM
I don't think Durantula is the best option on Dirk. He isn't really strong so he gets called every time he reaches those long *** arms around. Ibaka really did a decent job. Dirk just made tough shots.

Agreed....even if you have KD guard Dirk defensively, it does not mean Dirk is going to be guarding KD on the other end. Seems awfully risky to put KD in a position where Dirk might be able to draw a few quick fouls and KD has to sit.

Ibaka and Collison did about as much as anyone can do, but Dirk just could not be denied last night. You have to stick with that and if you do double, be ready to close out on who ever Dirk passes to. Also, maybe try and mix it up by fronting him in the post to try and deny the inbound. Try and force a bad pass into him and maybe get a few extra TO's. When he is in a zone like that though, there really is not a whole lot you can do. Same thing goes for Durant, on some nights the guy is pretty much unguardable if everything he puts up goes in.

soonerbub
5/18/2011, 03:58 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

To me all the things you mention should be part of the normal game plan. The challenge to KD IMO would be to deny Dirk WITHOUT fouling (taking advantage of his wiry frame). I'm not talking about when he gets it down low (at that point you're done--which is why I agree on fronting him) I'm more concerned with his perimeter touches.

All that said if Dirk continues to play out of this world we have no chance--just trying to think of ways to stop der Kommissar
THUNDER UP

colleyvillesooner
5/18/2011, 05:51 PM

I don't want to be lumped into this group. That game could have turned very easily the other way. But it didn't, so the Thunder now suck. :D

Ruf/Nek7
5/18/2011, 06:46 PM

Wow outscored us by a whole 2 whopping points....too bad the thunder babies were lacking 9 more.

tfoolry
5/18/2011, 06:57 PM
That's what Yuri said in the garden at the Reich Chancellery.

Best comment.

GrapevineSooner
5/19/2011, 10:21 AM

I don't think I should be lumped in with this crowd, either.

To append to what everyone else has said, this Thunder team reminds me of the 2003 Mavericks, who got into the Western Conference Finals ahead of schedule.

We were cocky and thought our athleticism would be enough to outlast the "old" Spurs. Then Dirk got hurt in Game 3 and it changed the entire complexion of the series.

Sure, it got to Game 6 where Dallas had a 12 point lead in the 4th that they promptly blew because nobody thought it would be a good idea to cover Steve Kerr.

But the Spurs were going to win that series anyway because they were a team on a mission. They beat their archnemesis in the 2nd round and weren't going to be denied a title that Phil Jackson could consider legit.

This year's Mavs team has the same motivation. Dirk's as motivated this year as Tim Duncan was in 2003.

I truly believe something special's going on up in OKC. And you'll get to your share of NBA Finals and might win a title. Obviously nothing's guaranteed on that front. Dallas found out in 2006 and there's no guarantee they'll win the title if they get to the Finals this year.

It's just that in the NBA, conventional wisdom states you have to lose on the grand stage sometimes to truly learn what you need to learn in order to win at this level. And I think that's where OKC is at right now.

Ruf/Nek7
5/19/2011, 08:21 PM
No whining about foul calls tonight, Mavs just whoppin that a$$ right now!

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 08:22 PM
The thunder rarely has a good play out of a time out.

Ruf/Nek7
5/19/2011, 08:25 PM
The thunder rarely has a good play out of a time out.

That is shocking with players like Durant, Westbrook and Harden. Coaching?

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 08:27 PM
No whining about foul calls tonight, Mavs just whoppin that a$$ right now!

It's the first quarter.

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 08:28 PM
That is shocking with players like Durant, Westbrook and Harden. Coaching?

I think it's execution. They are good players, but young. As Dallas has learnt through many failures in the postseason, even failure can teach you things.

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 08:31 PM
Hopefully the D will
Improve

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 08:34 PM
Terrible call on the technical. Keep your Dirk, I'd rather have Durant

colleyvillesooner
5/19/2011, 08:38 PM
Terrible call on the technical. Keep your Dirk, I'd rather have Durant

They don't tolerate trash talk this year, no matter the reason. Gotta keep your cool.

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 08:39 PM
Still a weak tech after Durant posterized Haywood who gave up on trying to block the shot and just pushed him to the ground.

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 08:50 PM
Excellent effort by OKC to start the 2nd quarter. Smarter defense and they're attacking the rim more. Gotta keep it up.

colleyvillesooner
5/19/2011, 08:59 PM
No fair! The thunder have shot more free throws than the Mavs. Boo refs!!!

;)

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 09:02 PM
The Thunder shot more free throws than Dallas in Game 1, too. My problem is Dirk drawing 16 fouls when he plays with his back to the basket the majority of the time.

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 09:06 PM
Westbrook having a good game so far

colleyvillesooner
5/19/2011, 09:06 PM
Then don't foul him. :D

Ruf/Nek7
5/19/2011, 09:08 PM
Dirk drawing 16 fouls when he plays with his back to the basket the majority of the time.

That is how Dirk plays, that is why he is so unguardable

colleyvillesooner
5/19/2011, 09:08 PM
slamma. jamma.

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 09:09 PM

If he drove to the basket a lot, then sure. Call fouls on the defense. But most of the fouls he drew in Game 1 were incredibly weak.

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 09:10 PM
Interpretations of losing your cool vary from people to people.

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 09:11 PM

Suddenly.

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 09:13 PM
Perkins is just not cutting it for me. Get Mohammed out there. Anything.

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 09:15 PM
Two-point lead going into halftime despite looking fairly poor for a few stretches. I'll take it.

colleyvillesooner
5/19/2011, 09:16 PM
Boy, who didn't see Westbrook keeping that and jacking up the 3 to end the half.

Fine with the 1st half, look for Dallas to tighten up the D in the second half and try to get Terry going.

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 09:17 PM
Two-point lead going into halftime despite looking fairly poor for a few stretches. I'll take it.

I agree.

If I am an impartial ref and there is a 50/50 call to be made, I give it to the Mavs. I know them for a longer period of time, they are at home, they have chocked in the past so there is a human side of you pulling for them, and in the back of my mind I know Dallas is a larger market than OKC.

Ruf/Nek7
5/19/2011, 09:18 PM
1st half and the whinning is been kept to a bare minimum. I'll take it

P.S. yes that is exactly how Dirk has played....if i wanted to professional analysis on how Durant releases the ball or what foot westbrook attacks with first then i will ask you.

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 09:19 PM
if i wanted to professional analysis on how Durant releases the ball or what foot westbrook attacks with first then i will ask you.

que?

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 09:19 PM
1st half and the whinning is been kept to a bare minimum. I'll take it

P.S. yes that is exactly how Dirk has played....if i wanted to professional analysis on how Durant releases the ball or what foot westbrook attacks with first then i will ask you.

And if I want poor analysis and grammar, I'll ask you.

colleyvillesooner
5/19/2011, 09:20 PM
I agree.

If I am an impartial ref and there is a 50/50 call to be made, I give it to the Mavs. I know them for a longer period of time, they are at home, they have chocked in the past so there is a human side of you pulling for them, and in the back of my mind I know Dallas is a larger market than OKC.

Jesus, give it a rest man. If you are so sure the Mavs a gonna win because of the refs, then stop watching.

Ruf/Nek7
5/19/2011, 09:21 PM
And if I want poor analysis and grammar, I'll ask you.

Good because I is a professional at both myself

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 09:22 PM
Jesus, give it a rest man. If you are so sure the Mavs a gonna win because of the refs, then stop watching.

you're reaching here man

Ruf/Nek7
5/19/2011, 09:25 PM
que?

It was just a rebuttal to the fact I have non-Dallas fans telling me how Dirk currently, as well as, how he has always played.

colleyvillesooner
5/19/2011, 09:27 PM
you're reaching here man

Yeah, I'm the one that's reaching.

Your team is winning at half time. Let the Ref thing go!

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 09:27 PM
It was just a rebuttal to the fact I have non-Dallas fans telling me how Dirk currently, as well as, how he has always played.

Gotcha.

Don't you think it is due to us pulling for a guy to raise them to levels they aren't at? Sorry for ending with a preposition. /grammar nazi

To say that a player can't be guarded, you are putting them in that top three NBA all time. Dirk, clearly is not there yet.

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I'm the one that's reaching.

Show me one post where I say the Mav have won, are winning, or will win because of the refs. That was the main point of your objection, which I said it clearly reached. Which it did. I can't think for a moment that a veteran team at home will not get the better end of those 50/50 calls. Or do we only see it when the Lakers are playing?

Ruf/Nek7
5/19/2011, 09:30 PM
Gotcha.

Don't you think it is due to us pulling for a guy to raise them to levels they aren't at? Sorry for ending with a preposition. /grammar nazi

To say that a player can't be guarded, you are putting them in that top three NBA all time. Dirk, clearly is not there yet.

Dirk most definitely is not top 3 of all time, i agree. Oops capitalization error, anyway, he does show flashes of being a top 3 player hence Tuesday night. But he has used his off balance, off foot, fade away shot for quite some time now.

It's not like this guy just comes up with this stuff. He is constantly in the gym practicing these shots, and he has one of the best shooting instructors in the world. THE WORLD I TELL YA!

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 09:31 PM
Dirk most definitely is not top 3 of all time, i agree. Oops capitalization error, anyway, he does show flashes of being a top 3 player hence Tuesday night. But he has used his off balance, off foot, fade away shot for quite some time now.

It's not like this guy just comes up with this stuff. He is constantly in the gym practicing these shots, and he has one of the best shooting instructors in the world. THE WORLD I TELL YA!

I agree with this. He can be guarded though. I don't know if OKC has a guy who can guard him.

Sooner_Tuf
5/19/2011, 09:32 PM

Because you are the only one that has ever seen him play?

Ruf/Nek7
5/19/2011, 09:33 PM
I agree with this. He can be guarded though. I don't know if OKC has a guy who can guard him.

The way the media has jumped the Dirk bandwagon, my guess would be that he is unguardable, and if he misses, it is not to good defense but just Dirk being off.

But I do LOVE the publicity he is getting :D

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 09:36 PM
Is it just me, or is that Ice Cube Coors Light commercial one of the worst ever?

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 09:39 PM
What a move by Durant.

Ruf/Nek7
5/19/2011, 09:39 PM
Is it just me, or is that Ice Cube Coors Light commercial one of the worst ever?

Agreed!

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 09:43 PM
Look at Jason Kidd still stroking it

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 09:44 PM
I don't mind RW shooting, but at least pass it around a few times.

Ruf/Nek7
5/19/2011, 09:44 PM
Look at Jason Kidd still stroking it

Yeah, his 3 pt. percentage is greater than his layup percentage...if that makes sense

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 09:45 PM
listen to those MAV fans whining about the call

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 09:46 PM
make up call. give that guy an Oscar

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 09:46 PM
Flopping all over the place by the Mavs. Shameful.

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 09:48 PM
Flopping all over the place by the Mavs. Shameful.

everybody does it though

Ruf/Nek7
5/19/2011, 09:48 PM
You guys are pathetic sometimes haha...the way you all acted last night and now the things you are saying are hilarious. I will be glad when OU football starts back up....then we can all agree on something

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 09:49 PM
everybody does it though

Sure, but the Mavs are being really obvious about it. I haven't even seen Harden pull the flailing flop in a few games. Then again, this is the first time I've been really able to pay attention to a Thunder game in a while because of work.

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 09:49 PM
OK 92 is ruining the game with the acting.

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 09:51 PM
You guys are pathetic sometimes haha...the way you all acted last night and now the things you are saying are hilarious. I will be glad when OU football starts back up....then we can all agree on something

some of you won't be happy until we root for the mavs.;)

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 09:51 PM

Welcome to sports fandom. By the way, I hate pretty much everything having to do with the Metroplex, so my comments may get a little (more) biased and spiteful as the game goes on.

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 09:52 PM
we need to fire that doc who failed Chandler

Ruf/Nek7
5/19/2011, 09:55 PM
Welcome to sports fandom. By the way, I hate pretty much everything having to do with the Metroplex, so my comments may get a little (more) biased and spiteful as the game goes on.

Like I just got here. I hope I could atleast offer you yet another reason to hate the DFW area.

some of you won't be happy until we root for the mavs.;)

Definitely don't want any of you guys;)

colleyvillesooner
5/19/2011, 09:56 PM
we need to fire that doc who failed Chandler

I was wondering what the Thunders fans perspective on that was but didn't want to ask in a game thread. To me, you couldn't risk it, and there's no way you would think he would be this good. He's a great fit for the Mavs.

silverwheels
Even Colt McCoy thought those flops by Stevenson were pathetic.

AlboSooner
Durant is a superstar at 22

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 09:57 PM
I was wondering what the Thunders fans perspective on that was but didn't want to ask in a game thread. To me, you couldn't risk it, and there's no way you would think he would be this good. He's a great fit for the Mavs.

Hey man, Perk is not the healthiest guy ever with his Jason White knees.

Ruf/Nek7
5/19/2011, 09:58 PM
Ok in all seriousness, Dallas is not shooting nearly as well as Tuesday night, and Dirk is not destroying ya'll single handedly, so how do you feel about only being up 1 or do you like it since you are on the road?

Sooner98
5/19/2011, 09:59 PM
Deshawn Stevenson has perfected the flop down to an art form.

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 09:59 PM
A win is a win, especially on the road. I don't care if it's by 1 or 20.

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 10:00 PM
Ok in all seriousness, Dallas is not shooting nearly as well as Tuesday night, and Dirk is not destroying ya'll single handedly, so how do you feel about only being up 1 or do you like it since you are on the road?

It doesn't feel like the Thunder can win. The experience is helping Dallas a lot. I would only trade Perk for Chandler though.

Ruf/Nek7
5/19/2011, 10:00 PM
Even Colt McCoy thought those flops by Stevenson were pathetic.

Dude, are you seriously stuck on that still? Move on buddy

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 10:01 PM
Dude, are you seriously stuck on that still? Move on buddy

No. I just wanted to relate Colt McFlop/Texas to the Mavs somehow, because I hate both teams.

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 10:02 PM
No. I just wanted to relate Colt McFlop/Texas to the Mavs somehow, because I hate both teams.

Colt deserved an Oscar for the flopping in that 2008 game.

Ruf/Nek7
5/19/2011, 10:03 PM
Ok, Dirk has been pretty good in the 4th quarter in the playoffs. He has been getting plenty of rest, mostly impart to playing so many mins Tuesday night, so he will likely play all of the 4th. Mavs have also kept Barea on the bench for a while so look for him to get in early in the 4th to give Kidd a rest. Long story short, should be an exciting 4th quarter.

The Mavs 9 point win Tuesday may be the biggest win of the series as far as points go

colleyvillesooner
5/19/2011, 10:06 PM
Terry doesn't have it. This worries me down the stretch.

AlboSooner
LOl at Dirk for looking at the ref after that layup....

silverwheels
Hard to believe those were Dirk's first points of the 2nd half.

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 10:08 PM

looks like he's catching fire

Ruf/Nek7
5/19/2011, 10:08 PM

And Mavs are only down 1 despite that hmmm

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 10:09 PM
If Collison did that to Dirk, you bet your house they call an offensive foul

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 10:09 PM
And Mavs are only down 1 despite that hmmm

It's not like he's the only Mav who can score.

Durant looking smoooooooth.

Ruf/Nek7
5/19/2011, 10:10 PM
It's not like he's the only Mav who can score.

Durant looking smoooooooth.

Really? Thank you John Madden

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 10:12 PM
Really? Thank you John Madden

I was just helping you out.

colleyvillesooner
5/19/2011, 10:12 PM
Hey man, Perk is not the healthiest guy ever with his Jason White knees.

Don't get me started on that trade.

Ruf/Nek7
5/19/2011, 10:13 PM
I was just helping you out.

Understandable

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 10:14 PM
The beard

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 10:14 PM
Weak call there, I have to admit. Still, Dirk should know better.

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 10:15 PM
the beard

Ruf/Nek7
5/19/2011, 10:15 PM
Hey when did Harden become OKC's elite player?

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 10:16 PM
I wish Harden could play like this every game. I think he's working his way up to that, though.

Fear the Beard.

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 10:16 PM
How does anyone let this Barea scrub score at all? For ****'s sake.

Ruf/Nek7
5/19/2011, 10:17 PM
Fear the Beard.

As a Texas Ranger fan, this is the absolute last thing I want to hear!

silverwheels
5/19/2011, 10:18 PM
Durant is starting to master that jump-back fadeaway.

AlboSooner
5/19/2011, 10:18 PM
I wish Harden could play like this every game. I think he's working his way up to that, though.

Fear the Beard.

He has all the tools to be that kind of player. Look at Dirk's work ethic. That's what Harden needs.