PDA

View Full Version : Broken Arrow=6A State Champs, Bradley great game...

OU-HSV
5/14/2011, 10:03 PM
I listened to some of the game on the radio, I believe I caught the 5th and 6th innings when B.A. started rolling. Archie Bradley ended the game with 14 strikeouts. Apparently he was very impressive. I don't think he'll be setting foot on OU's campus. He's going to have some big MLB money thrown at him.
Here's a story that sums the game up...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/highschool/article.aspx?subjectid=229&articleid=20110514_229_B1_CUTLIN794610

jadubya
5/15/2011, 01:02 PM
I listened to some of the game on the radio, I believe I caught the 5th and 6th innings when B.A. started rolling. Archie Bradley ended the game with 14 strikeouts. Apparently he was very impressive. I don't think he'll be setting foot on OU's campus. He's going to have some big MLB money thrown at him.
Here's a story that sums the game up...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/highschool/article.aspx?subjectid=229&articleid=20110514_229_B1_CUTLIN794610

Amen and hallelujah.....anybody but Owasso.

I read with interest the DOK write up on the Deer Crek / Kelley 5A final in which the homeplate ump allowed Kelley to pick their own strike zone. According to the Kelley catcher....the ump informed him that pitcher was hitting his spots (catcher set up) he was gonna call it a strike. Kelley catcher starts setting up way outside the plate....and a "dominant" pitching performance ensues. Nice work, blue :eek:

northspeter
5/15/2011, 07:52 PM
Amen and hallelujah.....anybody but Owasso.

I read with interest the DOK write up on the Deer Crek / Kelley 5A final in which the homeplate ump allowed Kelley to pick their own strike zone. According to the Kelley catcher....the ump informed him that pitcher was hitting his spots (catcher set up) he was gonna call it a strike. Kelley catcher starts setting up way outside the plate....and a "dominant" pitching performance ensues. Nice work, blue :eek:

if you watched the game... kelley was just better... i thought the ump in the 6a game was much worse...

jadubya
5/15/2011, 10:13 PM
no disrespect to kelley....but that is just straight crappy umping....which is a subject that i am all too familiar with in state title games.

SOONER STEAKER
5/16/2011, 11:03 AM
Get the State Tourney on the Westiside of the state and we can get westside umps. I'm not saying it will make a difference but it may stop the conspiracy if there is one.

I have seen Kelley play for years though, and they are always very talented.

northspeter
5/16/2011, 07:36 PM
Get the State Tourney on the Westiside of the state and we can get westside umps. I'm not saying it will make a difference but it may stop the conspiracy if there is one.

I have seen Kelley play for years though, and they are always very talented.

4a and 3a were at shawnee... 2a down was at putnam city i believe... as always...

OUmillenium
5/19/2011, 01:33 PM
BK was really good this year. Lots of major league bloodlines in that lineup. They pounded some good teams in the Jenks Invitational.

Broken Arrow was incredibly talented but also were the trashiest group of baseball players to ever disgrace a diamond. It comes from the top down so blame goes to Shannon "we're not coming" Dobson. Although, listening to their crowd, some blame also should go to the parents as well. Poor sportsmanship reaches an all time high.

bcolston15
5/19/2011, 02:08 PM
BK was really good this year. Lots of major league bloodlines in that lineup. They pounded some good teams in the Jenks Invitational.

Broken Arrow was incredibly talented but also were the trashiest group of baseball players to ever disgrace a diamond. It comes from the top down so blame goes to Shannon "we're not coming" Dobson. Although, listening to their crowd, some blame also should go to the parents as well. Poor sportsmanship reaches an all time high.

Sour grapes?

northspeter
5/19/2011, 07:33 PM
Sour grapes?

a 14 run 6th inning will do that to ya... was shannon a bad guy at OU as well???