PDA

View Full Version : Some folks are down on marriage...

Okla-homey
5/14/2011, 04:53 PM
not me.

I'm a big fan. The trick is, find the right gal* and convince her to marry your sorry ***.

Me? Celebratin' 29 years with my best friend this weekend.

I'm available for "relationship" advice if you're having trouble. But in the interest of saving time, just remember: you can "win" an argument with a woman, but still lose. The key is, just do WTF she says...as long as that doesn't involve breaking the law or compromising your principles. It's much easier, less painful, and waaaay cheaper than divorce.

*if you and your girl are at the same place in terms of faith, politics and spending, you'll be happy for life. Promise.

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/Okla-homey/marry.jpg

sanantoniosooner
5/14/2011, 04:57 PM
23 years this month.

Soonerfan88
5/14/2011, 04:58 PM
Congrats to both of you!

soonerhubs
5/14/2011, 05:00 PM
Congrats, you two... er four!

lexsooner
5/14/2011, 05:30 PM
not me.

I'm a big fan. The trick is, find the right gal* and convince her to marry your sorry ***.

Me? Celebratin' 29 years with my best friend this weekend.

I'm available for "relationship" advice if you're having trouble. But in the interest of saving time, just remember: you can "win" an argument with a woman, but still lose. The key is, just do WTF she says...as long as that doesn't involve breaking the law or compromising your principles. It's much easier, less painful, and waaaay cheaper than divorce.

*if you and your girl are at the same place in terms of faith, politics and spending, you'll be happy for life. Promise.

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/Okla-homey/marry.jpg

Congrats, Homey. The folks I don't understand are the ones who keep getting married and then divorced, repeating this cycle over and over again. If your track record is not great with relationships, why keep getting married?There is nothing in the law mandating a dating couple get married. I know guys who are older and in the financial dumpster due to their repeated divorces.

Chuck Bao
5/14/2011, 05:38 PM
Oh my gosh, you had a big nose back then!!! I guess that was before that dog bit part of it off.

Seriously, congrats to you and Mrs. Homey.

Partial Qualifier
5/14/2011, 05:59 PM
The key is, just do WTF she says...as long as that doesn't involve breaking the law or compromising your principles.

---------------------

if you and your girl are at the same place in terms of faith, politics and spending, you'll be happy for life. Promise.

Bull****

Sooner_Tuf
5/14/2011, 06:54 PM
whooped I say whooped.

GKeeper316
5/14/2011, 07:09 PM
i'd rather eat broken glass than strap myself to some bitch for the rest of my days...

but i'm a selfish hedonist, generally unconcerned with the feelings of other people.

grats to you, none the less.

C&CDean
5/14/2011, 07:10 PM
Bull****

Rut roh. Somebody is going through some ****...

Congrats K. Tell momma I love her.

soonerhubs
5/14/2011, 07:12 PM
Congrats, Homey. The folks I don't understand are the ones who keep getting married and then divorced, repeating this cycle over and over again. If your track record is not great with relationships, why keep getting married?There is nothing in the law mandating a dating couple get married. I know guys who are older and in the financial dumpster due to their repeated divorces.

Google "Serial Monogamy," and you may see a few reasons why. Courtship and the honeymoon phase are quite exciting periods that some folks love to do over and over again.

Okla-homey
5/14/2011, 07:46 PM
Google "Serial Monogamy," and you may see a few reasons why. Courtship and the honeymoon phase are quite exciting periods that some folks love to do over and over again.

I call those people "butterfly chasers." See, as soon as the "butterfly" feeling in their guts end, they think they've fallen out of love. I submit to you, they've only fallen out of "lust.' But duma$$es will be duma$$es. That's why half the population can't make it work.

soonerhubs
5/14/2011, 08:18 PM
I call those people "butterfly chasers." See, as soon as the "butterfly" feeling in their guts end, they think they've fallen out of love. I submit to you, they've only fallen out of "lust.' But duma$$es will be duma$$es. That's why half the population can't make it work.

Spot on!

Ctina
5/14/2011, 11:32 PM
I miss that feeling sometimes, that new person/discovery phase, but it's really nice to have someone you have a history after going through some trenches together. When you're in a situation and can look at each other and know you're thinking the same thing, #winning.

Congrats!

soonerhubs
5/15/2011, 06:43 AM
One way to enhance the "butterfly" romance with your spouse is to travel somewhere new to the both of you. Trips to cities you both have never seen are great for this.

Turd_Ferguson
5/15/2011, 06:47 AM
Sometimes you gotta put your mouth where the money is...

jk the sooner fan
5/15/2011, 07:07 AM
"do everything she says"

righttttttttt

Flagstaffsooner
5/15/2011, 07:55 AM
nitwits

texaspokieokie
5/15/2011, 08:03 AM
One way to enhance the "butterfly" romance with your spouse is to travel somewhere new to the both of you. Trips to cities you both have never seen are great for this.

good idea, especially for someone that's been married 40 yrs.

also, would probably work if we went to vegas, that she loves, but we've been many times.

yermom
5/15/2011, 08:06 AM
"do everything she says"

righttttttttt

I'd rather not be married than put my balls in some yainch's purse.

1890MilesToNorman
5/15/2011, 08:50 AM
Not now, not never!! Get yer mind right guys.

yermom
5/15/2011, 08:58 AM
I'd rather not be married than put my balls in some yainch's purse.

spoken in the most general sense, of course.

having met Mrs. Homey, she is a very nice lady :)

jk the sooner fan
5/15/2011, 09:05 AM
marriage is about a partnership

not one submitting to the other

The Maestro
5/15/2011, 10:08 AM
marriage is about a partnership

not one submitting to the other

True, but most long term marriages I am familiar with (parents, grandparents, etc.) involve a man that is another woman's little bitch. Apologies to my Dad and others...but it is pathetic and true...

jk the sooner fan
5/15/2011, 10:23 AM
True, but most long term marriages I am familiar with (parents, grandparents, etc.) involve a man that is another woman's little bitch. Apologies to my Dad and others...but it is pathetic and true...

there are plenty of happy healthy marriages where neither partner is a 'submissive bitch"

mgsooner
5/15/2011, 10:26 AM
It's pretty easy to spot those that have been burned in the past and are obviously bitter about it.

lexsooner
5/15/2011, 02:05 PM

This is so true. And it is often the case where the husband is quite successful at work and in the community, but the wife owns him at home. I used to go to our gym at work, and these he-men would be in there bad mouthing their wives and complaining about how fat they were, but then they would always make sure they called her to tell them they would be home soon, so they would not get in trouble with the boss lady.

AlboSooner
5/15/2011, 02:11 PM
I agree with OP