PDA

View Full Version : 2 an 1/2 Men Will ya give the new format a chance?

olevetonahill
5/13/2011, 12:25 PM
Or just say its done and forget about it.
I may try to watch the 1st few episodes then decide. Then again maybe not.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/sources-confirm-ashton-kutcher-will-join-two-and-a-half-men--2967#0512

KuppiKunta
5/13/2011, 12:29 PM
I'll give it a shot, but not gonna be the same without Crazy Charlie.

jumperstop
5/13/2011, 12:30 PM
The show sucked with Charlie, it'll will still suck after him with Kutcher...

soonerchk
5/13/2011, 12:31 PM

Kind of my thoughts. I've never watched it, but I might possibly give it a shot. Probably won't though.

olevetonahill
5/13/2011, 12:33 PM
I'll give it a shot, but not gonna be the same without Crazy Charlie.

I think I will to.It was the only show I watched on TeeVee, It was getting kinda boring tho even with Charlie

See above, Yup theres only so many times a dude can bang strippers , Hookers and one night stands, and it still have any humor.

The Maestro
5/13/2011, 12:34 PM
The only thing I found funny about the show was Charlie's sexual overtone one-liners. Otherwise, I always thought it was overacted, especially by whatshisotherbrotherface.

Cheez-It
5/13/2011, 01:08 PM
Can Charlie's character be replaced by a 33 yr old?

olevetonahill
5/13/2011, 01:11 PM

Very doubtful
As some one said somewhere
They shoulda just had his character Off dying in some hospital with Liver failure and then had Herb divorce judith and move in with Alan.

No one New needed and lots of funny ideas ;)

WichitaSooner
5/13/2011, 01:12 PM

He's married to a 50 year old so it's okay...

olevetonahill
5/13/2011, 01:15 PM
So SSC is gonna be the new star?
Oh wait he aint 33 yet;)

saucysoonergal
5/13/2011, 01:18 PM
Otherwise, I always thought it was overacted, especially by whatshisotherbrotherface.

shut yer whore mouth about Duckie!!!

;)

KuppiKunta
5/13/2011, 01:49 PM
The show really toes the line for what can be said on Network television. I still catch myself watching re-runs at 10:35pm.

jk the sooner fan
5/13/2011, 01:56 PM
i didnt read the link, so the answer to my question may lie there

is Kutcher going to be the same character? or are they going to create another story line of some sort so that Kutcher is somebody else?

Sheen was really playing himself in that role - not much acting required - which makes me think it'll be hard for anybody to pull off -as it just wont be the same

olevetonahill
5/13/2011, 02:33 PM
Dont think they have said how it will play out yet.

OULenexaman
5/13/2011, 02:38 PM
never seen it...

texaspokieokie
5/13/2011, 02:46 PM
one of my favorite shows, so i have to give it a chance.

kutcher was funny on "70s show".

the kid has actually gotten too old for the show.

i don't expect much.

funny thing to me is; they talk a lot about going from Sherman Oaks to Malibu like it's just around the corner. with the normal traffic (miserable),
it would be a baaad drive. (just threw that in )

proud gonzo
5/13/2011, 03:35 PM
Eh, charlie sheen wasn't the funniest part of the show anyway.

reflector
5/13/2011, 03:44 PM
I can honestly say that I have never seen the show.

royalfan5
5/13/2011, 04:18 PM
So Ted Mcginley wasn't available?

BU BEAR
5/13/2011, 04:21 PM
No winning on this show anymore.

MsProudSooner
5/13/2011, 04:54 PM
I'll watch it just to spite Charlie Sheen. It would serve him right if the ratings were higher than when he was on it.

proud gonzo
5/13/2011, 05:11 PM
hehehehehe

StoopTroup
5/13/2011, 05:24 PM
I'll watch it and if it's on during Dancing with the Stars....i will watch it and fake that i enjoy it. i will lie about how good it is just so I don't get caught having to watch it with the Wife. :D ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
5/14/2011, 02:26 AM
Haven't read the story, but is Kutcher sliding in as Charlie or are they gonna develop some contrived explanation how Charlie is no longer there and Kutcher is the new Charlie type character...

jk the sooner fan
5/14/2011, 06:51 AM
i didnt read the link, so the answer to my question may lie there

is Kutcher going to be the same character? or are they going to create another story line of some sort so that Kutcher is somebody else?

Sheen was really playing himself in that role - not much acting required - which makes me think it'll be hard for anybody to pull off -as it just wont be the same

ummmm

SanJoaquinSooner
5/14/2011, 08:27 AM
I liked Charlie Sheen on the show. I rarely watch the current episodes but catch reruns occasionally.

I'll give Kutcher a chance. I liked him in "What Happens in Vegas." I think it really depends on how the writers have him interact with the other characters on the show, including some new recurring or guest female characters.

Sooner_Tuf
5/14/2011, 11:25 AM
never seen it...

I don't watch any TV Shows, but I don't think I ever even heard of it until this little stink started.

jkjsooner
5/14/2011, 12:37 PM
Is Kutcher young enough to play Charlie's long lost child? Charlie did talk about having sex at like 12...

Charlie could die which would leave his house and fortune to Alan until it is discovered that Charlie had a child. Kinda predictable but it could work.

jk the sooner fan
5/14/2011, 01:22 PM
instead of a child - i'd make it a guy that co-wrote a jingle with charlie - charlie dies and now he has a legal claim to the house and all the money

proud gonzo
5/14/2011, 01:45 PM
He's not playing charlie--they've got some sort of story to write him into the show. Dunno if it's what JK suggests, but I do think they're going to somehow have him move into charlie's house.

jkjsooner
5/14/2011, 03:15 PM
instead of a child - i'd make it a guy that co-wrote a jingle with charlie - charlie dies and now he has a legal claim to the house and all the money

Could be something like this but it would need to be family otherwise Alan would get kicked to the curb.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/15/2011, 12:46 AM
charliesheen Charlie Sheen
Dad 1, James 0 RT @JamesDegner I told MY dad I was tweeting you everyday and he said "you're 34, what the f**k is wrong with you?!".

TheHumanAlphabet
5/15/2011, 01:25 AM
He's not playing charlie--they've got some sort of story to write him into the show. Dunno if it's what JK suggests, but I do think they're going to somehow have him move into charlie's house.

Everybody thinking "jump the shark"?

jkjsooner
5/15/2011, 04:22 PM
Everybody thinking "jump the shark"?

Strong possibility but it wouldn't really be the true definition of jumping the shark. That is reserved more for desperate acts by producers to increase ratings.

A true jumping the shark moment would have been if the show's ratings fell and figuring the kid was getting too old they decided to someone add in another little kid. (Which, by the way, I can't think of a single example where this tactic ever worked.)

olevetonahill
5/15/2011, 04:28 PM
Strong possibility but it wouldn't really be the true definition of jumping the shark. That is reserved more for desperate acts by producers to increase ratings.

A true jumping the shark moment would have been if the show's ratings fell and figuring the kid was getting too old they decided to someone add in another little kid. (Which, by the way, I can't think of a single example where this tactic ever worked.)

The show might have been good if they had done what I were thinkin and Have Herb and Judith get a divocre and move in with Alan an Jake. Then the Little girl that was Herb and Judiths could have been comedy gold with Alan thinkin shes his.;)

1890MilesToNorman
5/15/2011, 05:00 PM
Is Astin going to be counted as a full man? Or did Angus catch up a little? Damn questions and few answers. SOB

proud gonzo
5/15/2011, 05:52 PM
Jumping the shark isn't even necessarilly when a character leaves. It has more to do with the writers/producers running out of ways to keep the show interesting, relying on the same gags, or in some other way compromising the dynamics that kept the show interesting.

"Friends" never jumped the shark because even after Rachel and Ross got together, they were on-again-off-again. "Frasier," on the other hand, had Daphne and Niles get together...and then get married. Totally jumped the shark.

Sometimes a show will stray too far from its foundation (such as Crossing Jordan looking for her mother's killer constantly instead of being a forensic pathologist).

There are plenty of examples when a main character leaving hasn't killed a show. In fact, some even improve with cast replacements. For example, they replaced Sharona with Natalie on "Monk", Kate with Ziva on "NCIS", and Captain Sinclair with Captain Sheridan on "Babylon 5." And "MASH" traded Col. Blake for Col. Potter, Trapper John for B.J. Honeycut, added Klinger and Winchester, and wrote out Frank Burns and Radar. Eleven seasons and it didn't seem to suffer any.

jk the sooner fan
5/15/2011, 05:54 PM
Jumping the shark isn't even necessarilly when a character leaves. It has more to do with the writers/producers running out of ways to keep the show interesting, relying on the same gags, or in some other way compromising the dynamics that kept the show interesting.

"Friends" never jumped the shark because even after Rachel and Ross got together, they were on-again-off-again. "Frasier," on the other hand, had Daphne and Niles get together...and then get married. Totally jumped the shark.

Sometimes a show will stray too far from its foundation (such as Crossing Jordan looking for her mother's killer constantly instead of being a forensic pathologist.

There are plenty of examples when a main character leaving hasn't killed a show. In fact, some even improve with cast replacements. For example, they replaced Sharona with Natalie on "Monk", Kate with Ziva on "NCIS", and Captain Sinclair with Captain Sherican on "Babylon 5." And "MASH" traded Col. Blake for Col. Potter, Trapper John for B.J. Honeycut, added Klinger and Winchester, and wrote out Frank Burns and Radar. Eleven seasons and it didn't seem to suffer any.

you watch a lot of tv

GDC
5/15/2011, 06:33 PM
I have a mandatory "no Ashton Kutcher" policy, but then I rarely watched this show to begin with.

stoopified
5/15/2011, 07:39 PM
I am a big fan of the show BUT I don't think it will fly without crazy Charlie.I will give it a shot.

proud gonzo
5/15/2011, 08:44 PM
you watch a lot of tvYep.
Plus when I was a film minor I took Writing for TV, and the professor told us we couldn't write TV if we didn't watch TV.

TOTP, beyonces!

jkjsooner
5/15/2011, 11:17 PM
On another topic, Sheen really made a fool out of himself with his criticism of Lorre. The genius of the show was the idea, not Charlie Sheen. It might have trouble without him but I really think the show would have been strong had another actor taken that role at the beginning. Plus, the surrounding cast (minus the boy) is very talented.

All you have to do is watch the Big Bang Theory to understand that Lorre knows what he's doing. The first time I watched that show I laughed more than I had done in a long time but I wrote it off because I thought the unique nature of that show would make it impossible to keep it fresh. It just shows that Lorre knows a lot more about this stuff than I (or Charlie Sheen) do.

If 2.5 Men was the only hit show for Lorre then maybe Sheen would have an argument. It would still be a weak argument but at least he would be able to make one.

StoopTroup
5/16/2011, 11:25 AM
TOTP

Top of the Penis?

That's totally hawt that a married gal admits to totally owning it. :D ;)

proud gonzo
5/16/2011, 01:22 PM
:rolleyes:

IndySooner
5/16/2011, 01:49 PM
I was once offered a smoke (not the legal kind) by Kutcher in Iowa City, so I'll probably watch just for curiosity's sake.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/16/2011, 09:17 PM

You mean it didn't work on The Brady Bunch??? ;)