PDA

View Full Version : Marketing 101.........

hvhurricane
5/12/2011, 08:12 PM
When your team is playing in their final homestand, trying to make a stretch run to host a regional, give them as small of a push as possible. Seriously, one game out of four is being shown on webcast this weekend? Seriously?

IndySooner
5/12/2011, 08:46 PM
Marketing? Is it a brown oblong ball? Marketing? Ha!

Gaius_Longinus
5/13/2011, 08:21 AM
SoonerSports is all booked up this Saturday due to Sam Bradfords statue unveiling ... Go Figure, the baseball team cant even compete with a statue

rekamrettuB
5/13/2011, 09:17 AM
Maybe they don't want them webcast so folks will go to the park.

King Crimson
5/14/2011, 03:44 AM
i'm not sure whether the game is on webcast or not....is really "marketing".

the game could be on webcast and have a crapton of ad space sold...that would be marketing.

if there is one thing you can say about Castiglione, there is no shortage of marketing with him.

ouboomer1
5/14/2011, 10:00 AM
turned on the game on the radio and Chuck Kelly annouced the crowd just under a 1,000 and was dissapointed that a team ranked in the top 10 playing its last regular series of games at home could only draw less than a 1,000 fans. It has always been a problem filling the ball park or basketball arena all season long , why i do not now, but i will be at the double header today.

Sooner11JK
5/14/2011, 11:16 AM
When your team is playing in their final homestand, trying to make a stretch run to host a regional, give them as small of a push as possible. Seriously, one game out of four is being shown on webcast this weekend? Seriously?

The problem I have to assume this weekend is that OU is hosting the Big XII Track & Field Championships as well as NCAA Tennis Regionals so I would imagine that all of the video resources are being used to cover those two events.

hvhurricane
5/14/2011, 05:46 PM
i'm not sure whether the game is on webcast or not....is really "marketing".

the game could be on webcast and have a crapton of ad space sold...that would be marketing.

if there is one thing you can say about Castiglione, there is no shortage of marketing with him.

The marketing department at OU, which is under Castiglione, does a horrible job for the baseball program.

King Crimson
5/14/2011, 05:58 PM
The marketing department at OU, which is under Castiglione, does a horrible job for the baseball program.

they are still playing after school is over....you lose 20,000 of your potential fan base/consumers in the two weeks before now.

i've followed OU baseball my whole life, but as allocation of limited funds go.....you are marketing to people who are gone for the part of the season that matters. they are half of your attendance.

i do find it lame as hell when people complain about L. Dale Mitchell or the LNC as being too far from "campus". drunk, i can walk from here to Denver if i put a mind to it. and christ, it's like a half a mile from the Gaylord Family....and if you are someone who doesn't live in Norman.....why does it matter it's "too far from campus". you aren't driving to Bizzell, touch base, and then park.

and i used to live off imhoff and there people reading this who threw beer bottles into my backyard to go see Foghat or Billy's Sooners. so don't give me this it's too hard to park thing. most of you would sell your children and first wife into Moroccan white slavery for lower section tix at Owen Field.

go see baseball, pretend it's Foghat.