PDA

View Full Version : American Pale Ale

delhalew
5/12/2011, 09:54 AM
We are good at taking things and making them our own. The APA is no exception. This beer is light and crisp enough to steer a BudMillerCoors drinker into a new world.

Today we can thank Sierra Nevada and Samuel Adams for spear heading a beer revolution in this country. Now we have micro breweries around the country putting quality above quantity.

Thank you, American Pale Ale.
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/style/97
http://beernationshow.com/?p=271

oudavid1
5/12/2011, 10:02 AM
I thought this might have been about some wimmens. My b.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 10:12 AM
I thought this might have been about some wimmens. My b.

Is it legal for you to post in this thread?

oudavid1
5/12/2011, 10:15 AM
Is it legal for you to post in this thread?

depends which ID i hand you first.

Mongo
5/12/2011, 10:31 AM
delhalew is to beer as Oklahomey is to Good Morning threads

delhalew
5/12/2011, 10:35 AM
delhalew is to beer as Oklahomey is to Good Morning threads

Til I run out of **** to say about booze...

I'm doing my part to provide balance to the "pull my finger", "hey random *******", and "my vag hurts" threads.

NormanPride
5/12/2011, 10:40 AM
But what if your vag really, really hurts?

delhalew
5/12/2011, 10:49 AM

Hey bro, I'm not here stop anybody from speaking out about a bad case of vagitis I'm just offering an alternative..

Mongo
5/12/2011, 10:50 AM

drink some Merican pale ale to numb it, while resting the ice cold bottle between your legs

Position Limit
5/12/2011, 10:56 AM
with the exception of a few microbreweries, america is still centuries behind europe when it comes to beer. look no further than the current IPA rage as a gateway beer. mouthfull of straw with random dogs on the label. whatever... i do applaud the effort though.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 11:09 AM
One of these was my first craft brew. I don't remember which I had em all about the same time.

http://www.ronnestam.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/doggiestyle.jpg
http://tullysbeerandwine.com/store/images/SierraNevadaPaleAle.jpg
http://www.brenandsven.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/AnchorSteam2.jpg

Fraggle145
5/12/2011, 11:15 AM
Sierra Nevada is the tits.

Mississippi Sooner
5/12/2011, 11:25 AM
Sierra Nevada is the tits.

Totally agree. They restored my faith in American breweries.

JohnnyMack
5/12/2011, 11:27 AM
with the exception of a few microbreweries, america is still centuries behind europe when it comes to beer. look no further than the current IPA rage as a gateway beer. mouthfull of straw with random dogs on the label. whatever... i do applaud the effort though.

What are you talking about? Is that English?

delhalew
5/12/2011, 11:28 AM

If you don't know from the other threads, I agree mostly. Baby steps. We have come a long way. Evidenced by the fact that our craft brewers have brought back styles that were well and truly dead. I'd list them, but it's a long assed list. Maybe later.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 12:27 PM
I haven't seen this, but it looks interesting.
http://www.beerguppy.com/productions.html

Harry Beanbag
5/12/2011, 12:28 PM
While I despise Sierra Nevada and Sam Adams is mediocre at best, American Pale Ale is my favorite style of beer.

And the best beer on earth is made in America. Outside of Belgium and Britain, European beer sucks pretty hard IMO.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 12:31 PM
American craft brews go global.
http://marcussamuelsson.com/news/the-beer-revolution-in-america

delhalew
5/12/2011, 12:34 PM
While I despise Sierra Nevada and Sam Adams is mediocre at best, American Pale Ale is my favorite style of beer.

And the best beer on earth is made in America. Outside of Belgium and Britain, European beer sucks pretty hard IMO.

One day I might have a good beer from Asia, but it hasnt happened yet.

Harry Beanbag
5/12/2011, 12:36 PM
One day I might have a good beer from Asia, but it hasnt happened yet.

They're not even really in the discussion are they? I've had a few from Asia and Australia that were good enough to consume large quantities of, but they would be comparable to an American macro brew, not "good".

Harry Beanbag
5/12/2011, 12:40 PM
Currently, these are my favorite American Pale Ales. This sounds pretty gay, but I like them a little more on the fruity side.

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08/02/0206_best_beers/image/2_anchor_liberty.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3176/2858389504_3da5ca6ba7.jpg
http://c2cbeers.info/images/Speakeasy/speakeasy-Untouchable-pale_ale.jpg

OhU1
5/12/2011, 12:47 PM
Anchor Steam's flagship is kind of a hybrid beer - it uses lager yeast but ferments at ale temperature. Anchor tastes like a hybrid too, it's lighter than many ales but has much more flavor than the typical lager. Anchor is less hoppy than a Pale Ale too.

Take a tour of the Anchor Steam Brewery if you ever visit San Francisco. The people are great and the tour was a lot of fun (and you get generous samples!).

Speakeasy is a very good brewery too. Wish they shipped from SF to Okla.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 01:02 PM
Anchor Steam's flagship is kind of a hybrid beer - it uses lager yeast but ferments at ale temperature. Anchor tastes like a hybrid too, it's lighter than many ales but has much more flavor than the typical lager. Anchor is less hoppy than a Pale Ale too.

Take a tour of the Anchor Steam Brewery if you ever visit San Francisco. The people are great and the tour was a lot of fun (and you get generous samples!).

Yeah, Anchor Steam is an interesting critter.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 01:05 PM
Currently, these are my favorite American Pale Ales. This sounds pretty gay, but I like them a little more on the fruity side.

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08/02/0206_best_beers/image/2_anchor_liberty.jpg

How is that Big Sky? I brewed a clone of their brown ale, Mule Drool. It will be ready soon.

Position Limit
5/12/2011, 01:06 PM

you appear to be quite the novice when it comes to beer from what you've been posting. there's nothing wrong with that, you gotta start somewhere. but i have some advice for you. dont limit your love of music to just one song. once you move past your pale ale fascination you'll quickly realize they blow. it's a gateway beer. a poor mans bitters. trust me.

sooner_born_1960
5/12/2011, 01:07 PM
I like all the beers that have been mentioned.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 01:11 PM

The lines do get blurry. I was going to include Rogues Dead guy Ale in the conversion, then I realized, Dead Guy is a Maibock/Hellisbock that uses an Ale yeast.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 01:19 PM
you appear to be quite the novice when it comes to beer from what you've been posting. there's nothing wrong with that, you gotta start somewhere. but i have some advice for you. dont limit your love of music to just one song. once you move past your pale ale fascination you'll quickly realize they blow. it's a gateway beer. a poor mans bitters. trust me.

Good lowered. Some people just like Pale Ales. I see no need to push your tastes on other. If he tried a bitter, yeah, he'd prolly like it.

I see no need to be obnoxious. That keeps people from branching out.

Position Limit
5/12/2011, 01:22 PM
Good lowered. Some people just like Pale Ales. I see no need to push your tastes on other. If he tried a bitter, yeah, he'd prolly like it.

I see no need to be obnoxious. That keeps people from branching out.

just trying to help.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 01:31 PM
just trying to help.

My bad.

Harry Beanbag
5/12/2011, 01:59 PM
How is that Big Sky? I brewed a clone of their brown ale, Mule Drool. It will be ready soon.

Moose Drool. It's pretty good, but I like some of their other offerings better. But what do I know, I'm a beer novice. :rolleyes: :)

OUMallen
5/12/2011, 02:02 PM
depends which ID i hand you first.

Please get the non-drinker out of our beer thread! :mad:

Harry Beanbag
5/12/2011, 02:03 PM

Before I tell you to go **** yourself, just a reminder that the title of this thread is American Pale Ale.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 02:05 PM
Moose Drool. It's pretty good, but I like some of their other offerings better. But what do I know, I'm a beer novice. :rolleyes: :)

Drink two barlywines and three Belgian Quads, if you can still walk...I absolve thee.

OUMallen
5/12/2011, 02:05 PM

No need to be a jerk. :mad:

Harry Beanbag
5/12/2011, 02:13 PM

Yeah, not sure where that came from. Apparently, he didn't like me dissing Heineken and Becks. :)

delhalew
5/12/2011, 02:14 PM
Before I tell you to go **** yourself, just a reminder that the title of this thread is American Pale Ale.

A+ for grasping context:D

Harry Beanbag
5/12/2011, 02:15 PM
Drink two barlywines and three Belgian Quads, if you can still walk...I absolve thee.

I'm up for that challenge. I was a sailor; therefore, I'm a professional drinker.

BTW, we were drinking with some Russian sailors in Honolulu one time, we were drinking pints of beer, they were drinking pints of vodka. Like water. One of the more amazing drinking feats I've witnessed.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 02:19 PM

In general the cool thing about beer geeks, is that they tend to be less pretensious than wine snob...I guess you can't win em all.

Position Limit
5/12/2011, 02:23 PM
i'll give you small street credit for mentioning moose drool. which is the only good thing from big sky.

AlboSooner
5/12/2011, 02:25 PM
what's the best dark beer? any opinions on negra modelo?

OhU1
5/12/2011, 02:29 PM
In general the cool thing about beer geeks, is that they tend to be less pretensious than wine snob...I guess you can't win em all.

Yep. And I think those folks who talk about superior beer styles are pretentious. A beer lover usually loves all the styles to some degree (but may have preferences). I get in the mood for different styles all the time and in different seasons. Hell, I'll even enjoy an occasional Miller Lite after mowing the lawn on a hot day.

Position Limit
5/12/2011, 02:30 PM

negro modelo is the best. right behind it is shiner bock. that's beer royality.

OhU1
5/12/2011, 02:31 PM

Negra Modelo is a dark lager. It is very good in my opinion and one of my favorite brews to drink in hot weather. Modelo is not a heavy beer, I prefer the dark over the "regular" as it has a more malty flavor.

Harry Beanbag
5/12/2011, 02:32 PM
negro modelo is the best. right behind it is shiner bock. that's beer royality.

Now I know you're trollin'.

NormanPride
5/12/2011, 02:32 PM
Shiner Bock is beer royalty?

AlboSooner
5/12/2011, 02:34 PM
Negra Modelo is a dark lager. It is very good in my opinion and one of my favorite brews to drink in hot weather. Modelo is not a heavy beer, I prefer the dark over the "regular" as it has a more malty flavor.

I don't drink much or often, but once a month I'll have a beer, and I like dark lagers. NM has been the best I've tried so far. I tried a dark Sam Adams once, and didn't like it much.

If any of you are in Norman, go to Tarahumaras and ask for a NM in a glass......just perfect

Harry Beanbag
5/12/2011, 02:34 PM
Yep. And I think those folks who talk about superior beer styles are pretentious. A beer lover usually loves all the styles to some degree (but may have preferences). I get in the mood for different styles all the time and in different seasons. Hell, I'll even enjoy an occasional Miller Lite after mowing the lawn on a hot day.

Yeah, out here it is really freaking hot 5 or 6 months a year and I drink a lot so I usually stick with the ales. Camping trips are all about PBR. When it does cool off I love stouts. There is a different beer for different occasions.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 02:35 PM

I'll give it best Mexican beer. That's all I can do. For me Porters, Russian Imperial Stouts, or a Wee Heavy are the best dark beers...I almost forgot about Newcastle on draught, not skunked all to hell from being in a clear bottle.

Harry Beanbag
5/12/2011, 02:35 PM
Shiner Bock is beer royalty?

If you're a :texan: it is.

Harry Beanbag
5/12/2011, 02:37 PM
I'll give it best Mexican beer. That's all I can do. For me Porters, Russian Imperial Stouts, or a Wee Heavy are the best dark beers...I almost forgot about Newcastle on draught, not skunk all to yell from being in a clear bottle.

That's one of the failing points of most European beers, clear or green bottles. Pilsner Urquell is really good out of a keg, out of a green bottle it is skunk heaven.

AlboSooner
I'll give it best Mexican beer. That's all I can do. For me Porters, Russian Imperial Stouts, or a Wee Heavy are the best dark beers...I almost forgot about Newcastle on draught, not skunk all to yell from being in a clear bottle.

Ok, what's a good dark lager to try, without having to search heaven and earth for it.

OhU1
i'll give you small street credit for mentioning moose drool. which is the only good thing from big sky.

Big Sky IPA is very good. My brother in law would bounce an empty off your head if he heard this as the Big Sky IPA is his regular. :)

I did drink a 6'er of Big Sky IPA during the 2008 National Title game so unfortunately I can't help but associate that beer with the freaking game.

Harry Beanbag
5/12/2011, 02:39 PM
Big Sky IPA is very good. My brother in law would bounce an empty off your head if he heard this as the Big Sky IPA is his regular. :)

I did drink a 6'er of Big Sky IPA during the 2008 National Title game so unfortunately I can't help but associate that beer with the freaking game.

As it usually goes, Moose Drool is their flagship and most advertised and available, but they have at least three others that are better IMO: IPA, Scapegoat, and Troutslayer. There was another one that I've tried, but can't remember the name.

Position Limit
5/12/2011, 02:40 PM

here we go with pale ales again. i bet you like boulevard wheat too. and blue moon with a fruit wedge in it. blah.

Position Limit
5/12/2011, 02:41 PM
As it usually goes, Moose Drool is their flagship and most advertised and available, but they have at least three others that are better IMO: IPA, Scapegoat, and Troutslayer. There was another one that I've tried, but can't remember the name.

i forgot about troutslayer. that's money. you gave me an idea for after work. thanks.

OhU1
5/12/2011, 02:43 PM

Every beer I've had from Big Sky has been solid. But the local beer stores are too proud to sell a 6 pack for less than $11 - $12 most of the time. Great Divide is another fantastic brewery but their beers are priced even higher where I live.

OhU1
5/12/2011, 02:44 PM
here we go with pale ales again. i bet you like boulevard wheat too. and blue moon with a fruit wedge in it. blah.

Bite me. Those are chick beers.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 02:53 PM
Ok, what's a good dark lager to try, without having to search heaven and earth for it.

Germans make the best dark lagers. True Bochs. Maibochs, Doppelbochs, and most especially awesome the Dunkel. This deserves it's own thread at some point.

Harry Beanbag
5/12/2011, 02:55 PM
Every beer I've had from Big Sky has been solid. But the local beer stores are too proud to sell a 6 pack for less than $11 - $12 most of the time. Great Divide is another fantastic brewery but their beers are priced even higher where I live.

Guess I'm lucky, they're $8 here at Bevmo.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 02:56 PM
Bite me. Those are chick beers.

I drink the biggest meanest beers on earth, and I believe a nice light wheat beer is perfect lawn mowing and landscaping beer.

BillyBall
5/12/2011, 02:57 PM
There are a few Pale Ales that I think are absolutely ****ing awesome:
1) Founders
2) Stone
3) Three Floyds Alpha King

But IPA's are the ****
1) Two Hearted Ale
2) Stone's IPA
3) Lagunitas IPA
4) Green Flash West Coast IPA
I could go on for a long *** time... Yes, I'm basically a drunk.

Position Limit
5/12/2011, 02:58 PM
Germans make the best dark lagers. True Bochs. Maibochs, Doppelbochs, and most especially awesome the Dunkel. This deserves it's own thread at some point.

warstiner dunkel lights the fuc*king world on fire. cant drink enough of that stuff.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 03:01 PM
There are a few Pale Ales that I think are absolutely ****ing awesome:
1) Founders
2) Stone
3) Three Floyds Alpha King

But IPA's are the ****
1) Two Hearted Ale
2) Stone's IPA
3) Lagunitas IPA
4) Green Flash West Coast IPA
I could go on for a long *** time... Yes, I'm basically a drunk.

Well then I'll need your help with the IPA thread because I think Americans are doing it wrong.

Really only double imperial super super IPAs that I dislike.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 03:20 PM
An article about how the American beer market climbed out of the toilet. Try to imagine how different American beer would be if it weren't for prohibition.
http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2009/03/blog-post_09.html

NormanPride
5/12/2011, 04:03 PM
We'd probably be flying beermobiles and they would have figured out how to make a deliciois ESB that is a diet shake.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 04:05 PM
We'd probably be flying beermobiles and they would have figured out how to make a deliciois ESB that is a diet shake.

Yeehaw!

C&CDean
5/12/2011, 04:14 PM
Some pretty dang good brews are coming outta here:

http://www.sandiegoisbrewing.com/san-diego-breweries.html

JohnnyMack
5/12/2011, 04:27 PM
Beer snobs are the ****ing worst. I love beer, I feel like I know a lot about it, probably more than most, but that doesn't mean I won't drink Natty Light tallboys on the back porch while grilling burgers.

My ratebeer.com user ID is Soonah: http://www.ratebeer.com/View-User-35297.htm

I'm 100 or so ratings behind. I got really burned out.

NormanPride
5/12/2011, 04:29 PM
I don't mind drinking pacifico, but natty light just tastes like burning anymore. It's like once you eat real cheese, that fake crap they put on your sandwiches in elementary school just doesn't fly.

Jammin'
5/12/2011, 04:39 PM
Beer snobs are the ****ing worst. I love beer, I feel like I know a lot about it, probably more than most, but that doesn't mean I won't drink Natty Light tallboys on the back porch while grilling burgers.

My ratebeer.com user ID is Soonah: http://www.ratebeer.com/View-User-35297.htm

I'm 100 or so ratings behind. I got really burned out.

I'm the worst then. I can no longer tolerate the highly marketed beers.

Last week at a convention they had a happy hour everyday at 4 and gave away a ton of keg beer, Miller Lite to be exact. I took one drink of one on the 1st day, put it down and switched over to the bad wine they were giving out instead. Just don't want to drink that stuff anymore.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 04:42 PM
Some pretty dang good brews are coming outta here:

http://www.sandiegoisbrewing.com/san-diego-breweries.html

Damn right. I have no desire to spend more than a week or two in SoCal, I am fully jealous of the beer selection.

OUMallen
5/12/2011, 04:43 PM

Beer-loving is like the weightroom- you don't make fun of the newbies, the out of shape, etc. You respect that they're there, and if they want some help, help them. Everyone starts somewhere.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 04:46 PM

Last week at a convention they had a happy hour everyday at 4 and gave away a ton of keg beer, Miller Lite to be exact. I took one drink of one on the 1st day, put it down and switched over to the bad wine they were giving out instead. Just don't want to drink that stuff anymore.

I would have to have no other options...and it would be very unfortunate.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/12/2011, 04:59 PM

Start bold. Quit screwing around with whittling your way darker and darker and get your hands on a schwarzbier, AKA black lager. Kostritzer from the fields and fauna of Thuringia is a fairly commercialized but amazing example.

http://justbeer.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/kostritzer-glass.jpg

Should be able to find it in Oklahoma liquor stores. It's german and it's amazing, no matter what that knuckle dragging beer heathen Harry says.

Work your way brighter from there. Whoever mentioned a dunkel made a good suggestion but don't confuse a dunkel with a Dunkelweizen (dark wheat). Two different animals. Paulaner makes a bad *** dunkel as does Spaten. Pretty much if it's a Munchen brew, they should have a serviceable dunkel in the stable.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/12/2011, 05:03 PM
warstiner dunkel lights the fuc*king world on fire. cant drink enough of that stuff.

Stretch your legs a little. I agree 100%, but there's better to be had, believe it or not.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 05:09 PM
Start bold. Quit screwing around with whittling your way darker and darker and get your hands on a schwarzbier, AKA black lager. Kostritzer from the fields and fauna of Thuringia is a fairly commercialized but amazing example.

Should be able to find it in Oklahoma liquor stores. It's german and it's amazing, no matter what that knuckle dragging beer heathen Harry says.

Work your way brighter from there. Whoever mentioned a dunkel made a good suggestion but don't confuse a dunkel with a Dunkelweizen (dark wheat). Two different animals. Paulaner makes a bad *** dunkel as does Spaten. Pretty much if it's a Munchen brew, they should have a serviceable dunkel in the stable.

Good call.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/12/2011, 05:19 PM
Well then I'll need your help with the IPA thread because I think Americans are doing it wrong.

*barf*

IPAs should be drug out and shot in the street. To go from a stopgap method to preserve it from spoiling to a fancy brew type is ridiculous.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 05:31 PM
*barf*

IPAs should be drug out and shot in the street. To go from a stopgap method to preserve it from spoiling to a fancy brew type is ridiculous.

I've got hoards of hopheads across the nation with pitchforks at the ready. I am on record that an IPA should be a nice balanced beer that is otherwise hop forward and maybe dry hopped. English style. Americans are ****ing it up.

As is to be expected, though, many would disagree...STRONGLY.

Caboose
5/12/2011, 05:44 PM
I never understood why some people worry so much about what kind of beer some complete strangers are drinking. Who cares? Drink what you like and move on.

Beer snobs rate barely a notch above terrorists in my book.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 05:51 PM
I never understood why some people worry so much about what kind of beer some complete strangers are drinking. Who cares? Drink what you like and move on.

Beer snobs rate barely a notch above terrorists in my book.

I don't give **** what you drink, **** stick. However, the only way to have a conversation is to share opinions...do you have anything offer...

Caboose
5/12/2011, 05:54 PM
I don't give **** what you drink, **** stick. However, the only way to have a conversation is to share opinions...do you have anything offer...

So then does it sound like that was directed at you?
It was clearly directed at people who are worried about what others drink. So if you don't care what others drink why did you think I was talking to you, **** stick? Are you a beer snob? If no then why are you getting so emotional about this? If yes, then **** off and stop stressing over what other people like. People have different tastes, get over it.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 06:03 PM
So then does it sound like that was directed at you?
It was clearly directed at people who are worried about what others drink. So if you don't care what others drink why did you think I was talking to you, **** stick? Are you a beer snob? If no then why are you getting so emotional about this? If yes, then **** off and stop stressing over what other people like. People have different tastes, get over it.

You don't even make any sense. You posted right after me, and you didn't quote anyone else. Let there be no confusion. I am talking to you. You have nothing to offer. You bring nothing to the conversation.

You could come back. You could join in now. I'll be holding my breath with the other terrorists.:D

Harry Beanbag
5/12/2011, 06:06 PM

Ok, never had that one, I'll keep an eye out for it. In general, I don't care for German, Dutch, or Italian beers though. I do like me some marzen in the fall, but many disappointing bottles from the Continent have led me to stop even trying others.

Harry Beanbag
5/12/2011, 06:10 PM

Miller Lite is absolutely horrid. It is on the list of beers I just will not drink along with Bud Light and Coors Light. Although any of them are preferable to wine, if I have no other choice.

delhalew
5/12/2011, 06:12 PM
Ok, never had that one, I'll keep an eye out for it. In general, I don't care for German, Dutch, or Italian beers though. I do like me some marzen in the fall, but many disappointing bottles from the Continent have led me to stop even trying others.

It was years ago that I had a Schwartzbier, but it was good. I think you would like a Dunkel. Who knows. I am a rare person that doesn't dig the light lager or the hefe's.

Harry Beanbag
5/12/2011, 06:17 PM
It was years ago that I had a Shwartzbeir, but it was good. I think you would like a Dunkel. Who knows. I am a rare person that doesn't dig the light lager or the hefe's.

Believe it or not, just because Troll Limit said so, I am not a novice at drinking good beers. :) I've had a few dunkels, we actually got our local grocery store to start carrying Warsteiner Dunkel for us. The first time they screwed up and got the Verum, which isn't nearly as good.

I'm not a big hefe or light lager fan either. Once you go dark...

delhalew
5/12/2011, 06:23 PM
Believe it or not, just because Troll Limit said so, I am not a novice at drinking good beers. :) I've had a few dunkels, we actually got our local grocery store to start carrying Warsteiner Dunkel for us. The first time they screwed up and got the Verum, which isn't nearly as good.

I'm not a big hefe or light lager fan either. Once you go dark...

:D I didn't figure you for a beer newb, but I know lots of people who haven't ever had a Dunkel.
Honestly, it sounds easier to find good beer in your area, than it is in mine.

Harry Beanbag
5/12/2011, 06:28 PM
:D I didn't figure you for a beer newb, but I know lots of people who haven't ever had a Dunkel.
Honestly, it sounds easier to find good beer in your area, than it is in mine.

I never would have guessed Phoenix has a better beer selection than Duncan, OK. ;)

delhalew
5/12/2011, 06:39 PM
I never would have guessed Phoenix has a better beer selection than Duncan, OK. ;)

Ahhh. I knew you were in Az. just couldn't remember were. I have an old girlfriend with big boobies in Phoenix.

soonerinabilene
5/12/2011, 07:10 PM
I am by no means a beer snob, I just like them ice cold. Never had a beer from a tap that wasnt at least drinkable, but the same beer out of a bottle can be downright horrible. Sam Adams is a great example of that to my taste buds. So is miller lite and bud light. Put any of those in a frozen mug out of a keg and I drink it all night. Give it to me in a bottle and I cant even force it down.

Caboose
5/12/2011, 07:12 PM
You don't even make any sense. You posted right after me, and you didn't quote anyone else. Let there be no confusion. I am talking to you. You have nothing to offer. You bring nothing to the conversation.

You could come back. You could join in now. I'll be holding my breath with the other terrorists.:D

2/10 on your backpeddling attempt.

My post was directed at beer snobs, so if you want to end the confusion just state for the record if you are a beer snob or not. Don't forget you already claimed in your first emotional outburst towards me that you dont care what other people (me) drink. Be careful, **** stick, because either way you answer you are going to contradict yourself.

Jammin'
5/12/2011, 07:28 PM
2/10 on your backpeddling attempt.

My post was directed at beer snobs, so if you want to end the confusion just state for the record if you are a beer snob or not. Don't forget you already claimed in your first emotional outburst towards me that you dont care what other people (me) drink. Be careful, **** stick, because either way you answer you are going to contradict yourself.

I'm a beer snob, in that I care very much what I'm drinking.

As for what you're drinking, man, like, whatever.

Caboose
5/12/2011, 07:32 PM
I'm a beer snob, in that I care very much what I'm drinking.

As for what you're drinking, man, like, whatever.

Then you aren't a beer snob.

Jammin'
5/12/2011, 09:19 PM
Then you aren't a beer snob.

I believe i am You're not the boss of me. I disagree with your definition.