PDA

View Full Version : For those of us who dont follow politics hardcore

oudavid1
5/12/2011, 09:39 AM
Who do the Republicans have that are a viable candidate for 2012?

Your my only hope.

I wanna use improper grammar

The Profit
5/12/2011, 09:41 AM

Your my only hope.

I think Huntsman would probably be the toughest candidate for Obama to defeat. Some say Daniels of Indiana, but he worked in the GWB administration, and that would be poison.

BOOMERBRADLEY
Sara Palin
Mike Huckabee
Maybe Mitt Romney
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0pO1q4SbHaw/TZi5omhvEgI/AAAAAAABD2I/jtUdXuJNqBw/s1600/donald-trump-bad-hair-day.jpg

saucysoonergal
U.S. Sen. James Inhofe

oudavid1
5/12/2011, 09:42 AM
The sarcastic remarks are going to be the funnest.

tator
5/12/2011, 09:43 AM
Nobody, that's the sad part

The Profit
5/12/2011, 09:44 AM
U.S. Sen. James Inhofe

Wow, never thought of him. The country would be in great hands with that goober.

3rdgensooner
5/12/2011, 09:46 AM
“Republicans have surveyed the field and believe their best chance to win is a charismatic black guy with a funny name.” – Jon Stewart

C&CDean
5/12/2011, 09:47 AM
“Republicans have surveyed the field and believe their best chance to win is a charismatic black guy with a funny name.” – Jon Stewart

Alan West is a funny name?

jk the sooner fan
5/12/2011, 09:49 AM
Alan West is a funny name?

Herman Cain

C&CDean
5/12/2011, 09:50 AM
Never heard of it.

sappstuf
5/12/2011, 09:50 AM
http://www.nyuzaishanghai.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Jon-huntsman-jr-1.jpg

saucysoonergal
5/12/2011, 09:52 AM

Thomas Sowell?

The Profit
5/12/2011, 09:52 AM
Never heard of it.

He is either a coffee or pizza dude, and the gop's great black hope. The previous great black hope (allen keyes) petered out when his daughter was busted for crank.

Midtowner
5/12/2011, 10:09 AM
I'd like to see Coburn throw his hat in.

TIMB0B
5/12/2011, 10:19 AM

Your my only hope.

Drudge Report (http://www.drudgefeed.com/ynu/cnn_shock_poll_ron_paul_has_best_chance_to_beat_pr esident)

The Profit
5/12/2011, 10:21 AM
Drudge Report (http://www.drudgefeed.com/ynu/cnn_shock_poll_ron_paul_has_best_chance_to_beat_pr esident)

I'd love that match-up. Obama would beat that old fart like a red headed stepchild. (no offense intended to any fire crotches out there).

soonercruiser
5/12/2011, 10:23 AM
No matter!
Obama will have to run on his record, energy policies, and the economy and unemployment.
He will not be able to hide from the direction that he is heading the country.
:pop:
(Any presidential debates will be worth the price of admission!)

IndySooner
5/12/2011, 10:24 AM
I'd like to see Coburn throw his hat in.

He would get beat like a drum. He plays well in small town Oklahoma, but he would get smoked in the north and on the coasts.

jk the sooner fan
5/12/2011, 10:24 AM
when ron paul says he wants to cut off all foreign aid - he loses all credibility with me

we cant survive in this world as strict isolationists.....it's good to have leverage in the world

StoopTroup
5/12/2011, 10:31 AM
If only RLIMC would chime in with his clairvoyant hardcore knowledge of who will be the GOP Candidate.

RLIMC is our only hope

sappstuf
5/12/2011, 10:32 AM
He is either a coffee or pizza dude, and the gop's great black hope. The previous great black hope (allen keyes) petered out when his daughter was busted for crank.

He is an interesting guy. He worked for the Navy.. Always a plus(Except for poor, poor Carter). And he certainly seems to know how to turn around companies.

He graduated from Morehouse College in 1967 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in mathematics and received a Master of Arts degree in computer science from Purdue University in 1971, while he was also working full-time in ballistics for the U.S. Department of the Navy.

After completing his master's degree from Purdue, Cain left the Department of the Navy and began working for The Coca-Cola Company as a business analyst. In 1977, he joined Pillsbury where he rose to the position of vice president by the early 1980s. He left his executive post to work for Burger King – a Pillsbury subsidiary at the time – managing 400 stores in the Philadelphia area. Under Cain's leadership, his region went from the least profitable for Burger King to the most profitable in three years. This prompted Pillsbury to appoint him president and CEO of Godfather's Pizza, another of their then-subsidiaries. Within 14 months, Cain had returned Godfather's to profitability. In 1988, Cain and a group of investors bought Godfather's from Pillsbury. Cain continued as CEO until 1996, when he resigned to become CEO of the National Restaurant Association – a trade group and lobby organization for the restaurant industry – where he had previously been chairman concurrently with his role at Godfather's.[6]

Cain became a director of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in 1992 and served as its chairman from January 1995 to August 1996, when he resigned to become active in national politics

Here is an old video of him questioning Clinton on healthcare back in the day.

ptrTa8C_Pl4&

The Profit
5/12/2011, 10:35 AM
He is an interesting guy. He worked for the Navy.. Always a plus(Except for poor, poor Carter). And he certainly seems to know how to turn around companies.

Here is an old video of him questioning Clinton on healthcare back in the day.

ptrTa8C_Pl4&

He is definitely an interesting guy, but he doesn't have a chance in hell of getting the GOP nomination. If he did get the nomination, he would be a viable candidate. He is pro-choice, and pro gun control. That is a kind of republican I could support.

TIMB0B
5/12/2011, 10:47 AM
when ron paul says he wants to cut off all foreign aid - he loses all credibility with me

we cant survive in this world as strict isolationists.....it's good to have leverage in the world

For God sakes that is NOT isolationism. He's a free trade proponent. Here is his stance, and this might sound familiar: "Commerce with all nations, entangling alliances with none." - Thomas Jefferson

In layman's terms, that's Free trade, and non-interventionism (If it does not DIRECTLY affect our national SECURITY, we do not go to war).

The Profit
5/12/2011, 11:00 AM
For God sakes that is NOT isolationism. He's a free trade proponent. Here is his stance, and this might sound familiar: "Commerce with all nations, entangling alliances with none." - Thomas Jefferson

In layman's terms, that's Free trade, and non-interventionism (If it does not DIRECTLY affect our national SECURITY, we do not go to war).

Hey, there are some things I like about Ron Paul. He would try and destroy the military industrial complex, and that needs to be done. He would legalize pot, and that needs to be done. If he is really a libertarian, he needs to come out strong as pro-choice, pro gay-marriage, and he needs to reconcile his racist past.

oudavid1
5/12/2011, 11:06 AM
Hey, there are some things I like about Ron Paul. He would try and destroy the military industrial complex, and that needs to be done. He would legalize pot, and that needs to be done. If he is really a libertarian, he needs to come out strong as pro-choice, pro gay-marriage, and he needs to reconcile his racist past.

http://www.blogcdn.com/golf.fanhouse.com/media/2008/12/boooooo.jpg

The Profit
5/12/2011, 11:07 AM

You don't wanna legalize weed? Why not? Would you also like to see the country have another prohibition? Just curious....

oudavid1
5/12/2011, 11:09 AM
You don't wanna legalize weed? Why not? Would you also like to see the country have another prohibition? Just curious....

na, people need to drink to feel good. But ive never met anyone who smokes weed and makes any real progress in life.

The Profit
5/12/2011, 11:10 AM
na, people need to drink to feel good. But ive never met anyone who smokes weed and makes any real progress in life.

Plenty of us have....

sappstuf
5/12/2011, 11:14 AM
Plenty of us have....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YgroRTJmh_4/SzzdQKbuWYI/AAAAAAAABWQ/U63iVqwJkXI/s320/Donald+Sutherland.jpg

;)

NormanPride
5/12/2011, 11:18 AM
Other than all the football players you salivate over? ;)

TIMB0B
5/12/2011, 11:20 AM
You ever met an alcoholic?

oudavid1
5/12/2011, 11:20 AM
Other than all the football players you salivate over? ;)

Peyton Manning is the only one i really love. No homo.

oudavid1
5/12/2011, 11:21 AM
You ever met an alcoholic?

Yeah, I dont get your point?

The Profit
5/12/2011, 11:22 AM
Peyton Manning is the only one i really love. No homo.

I'm guess that Peyton hits the bong from time-to-time.

TIMB0B
5/12/2011, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I dont get your point?

I've never met an alcoholic who has made any real progress in life.

But you know what? If they like that lifestyle, that's their prerogative.

JohnnyMack
5/12/2011, 11:25 AM

Yeah. Can't have that. It'd greatly hinder our efforts at nation building and propping up the Military Industrial Complex.

oudavid1
5/12/2011, 11:28 AM
I've never met an alcoholic who has made any real progress in life.

But you know what? If they like that lifestyle, that's their prerogative.

Oh i agree, but as you'll see on this board. People love their beer. They have to have it.

TIMB0B
5/12/2011, 11:34 AM
Yeah. Can't have that. It'd greatly hinder our efforts at nation building and propping up the Military Industrial Complex.

sooner ngintunr
5/12/2011, 11:40 AM
The sarcastic remarks are going to be the funnest.

And hard to detect.

CrimsonCream
5/12/2011, 11:50 AM
No matter!
Obama will have to run on his record, energy policies, and the economy and unemployment.
He will not be able to hide from the direction that he is heading the country.
(Any presidential debates will be worth the price of admission!)

Yes.

Plus, he's a liar and an arrogant, egotistical sleaze that follows his own agenda than doing what's right for this Country.

It is sad that roughly half of the Voters think it is okay for their President to continually lie, distort, deceive us and have the Country on the verge of bankruptcy.

What about the insensitivity of having Common Sense perform at the White House? Just another indication of saying to the American People, "Stick it in your a$$ I'll do what I want to."

Again, don't know what is the saddest. The people that still believe in this guy or the corrupt Media that says nothing at all.

The Maestro
5/12/2011, 01:02 PM
I've never voted for a Democratic presidential candidate...and let me be the honest observer here and say that the GOP has ZERO shot. ZILCH.

IMO.

Obama has a base that is insanely supportive, he is a great speaker (American voters are suckers for this) and he got Osama. Talking economy is over 99.99% of the heads of Americans...just tell 'em what they want to hear and he does it well.

saucysoonergal
5/12/2011, 01:07 PM
Yes.

Plus, he's a liar and an arrogant, egotistical sleaze that follows his own agenda than doing what's right for this Country.

It is sad that roughly half of the Voters think it is okay for their President to continually lie, distort, deceive us and have the Country on the verge of bankruptcy.

What about the insensitivity of having Common Sense perform at the White House? Just another indication of saying to the American People, "Stick it in your a$$ I'll do what I want to."

Again, don't know what is the saddest. The people that still believe in this guy or the corrupt Media that says nothing at all.

You are describing any political canidate, your party as well, are you really this obtuse?

sanantoniosooner
5/12/2011, 01:08 PM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Joh* McCai*

Position Limit
5/12/2011, 01:16 PM
Yes.

that's quite the dynamic political view. you seem scholarly. please tell us more.

soonercruiser
5/12/2011, 01:28 PM

Yup!
Profit is all for weak Repug cabdidates, sex, and drugs!
It will make society soooooo much better!
:rolleyes:

3rdgensooner
5/12/2011, 01:35 PM
Talking economy is over 99.99% of the heads of Americans...just tell 'em what they want to hear and he does it well.
I don't think that's a factual statistic.

soonercruiser
5/12/2011, 01:37 PM

Demoncrats must prop up the Military-Industrial Complex, so that they have a place to send their potential voters, to give them a quick path to citizenship.
:D (sarcasm)

silverwheels
5/12/2011, 01:41 PM
GOP needs to be blown up and started over. Should probably do that with the Democrats, too, just to be sure.

The Maestro
5/12/2011, 01:45 PM
I don't think that's a factual statistic.

Okay. 90%.

If it is 51% it works.

SoonerScribe
5/12/2011, 01:50 PM
Even though he says that he will not run, I believe the GOP presidential nominee will be... wait for it... 'Chris Christie', and his VP will be... 'Marco Rubio'.

If this is in fact the GOP ticket, it's so long Obama. Take it to the bank.

Position Limit
5/12/2011, 01:53 PM

link? wager?

diverdog
5/12/2011, 02:42 PM
Even though he says that he will not run, I believe the GOP presidential nominee will be... wait for it... 'Chris Christie', and his VP will be... 'Marco Rubio'.

Christies favorable ratings in NJ have taken a hit. Among likely NJ voters Obama wins in a national election in NJ right now.

soonercoop1
5/12/2011, 03:10 PM
I think Huntsman would probably be the toughest candidate for Obama to defeat. Some say Daniels of Indiana, but he worked in the GWB administration, and that would be poison.

You wish...I am hoping for a Cain/West ticket...