PDA

View Full Version : Dual Survival

jk the sooner fan
5/12/2011, 08:02 AM
anybody watch this show?

i watched an episode last night and came to the conclusion that these guys are trying to hard to one up Bear Grylls. I realize that drinking water out of elephant dung is hard to top - but on the episode last night - they demonstrated how to cauterize an open wound with gun powder.

So the one that wears shoes - actually cuts his arm with a knife - and it was a decent gash - definitely not a scratch or scrape

then they cover it with black gunpowder - and set his arm on fire - they had to do it twice because the wound kept bleeding after the first go round

what's really stupid about this is that the scenario is that they were stranded in Argentina - and "found a black powder musket" along with a backpack full of equipment (powder horn)

really - if you're THAT lucky to find that much hunting gear - is it really roughing it?

Turd_Ferguson
5/12/2011, 08:10 AM
anybody watch this show?

i watched an episode last night and came to the conclusion that these guys are trying to hard to one up Bear Grylls. I realize that drinking water out of elephant dung is hard to top - but on the episode last night - they demonstrated how to cauterize an open wound with gun powder.

So the one that wears shoes - actually cuts his arm with a knife - and it was a decent gash - definitely not a scratch or scrape

then they cover it with black gunpowder - and set his arm on fire - they had to do it twice because the wound kept bleeding after the first go round

what's really stupid about this is that the scenario is that they were stranded in Argentina - and "found a black powder musket" along with a backpack full of equipment (powder horn)

really - if you're THAT lucky to find that much hunting gear - is it really roughing it?I thought they said that area had a lot of hunter's during powder season and a lot of them get lost or injured and stranded...I may or may not have been drunk.

jk the sooner fan
5/12/2011, 08:16 AM
I thought they said that area had a lot of hunter's during powder season and a lot of them get lost or injured and stranded...I may or may not have been drunk.

they did indeed say that.......i just thought it was a bit ridiculous that they'd stumble across the hunters equipment like that and think "hey, lets cut my arm open and use the powder to cauterize the wound"

C&CDean
5/12/2011, 08:57 AM
They got you to watch so I guess they did their job.

jk the sooner fan
5/12/2011, 09:02 AM
well the other option was to watch the Thunder, and i had no interest in that

C&CDean
5/12/2011, 09:06 AM
well the other option was to watch the Thunder, and i had no interest in that

The hell you say. You mean the team that is going to roll the Mavs?

jk the sooner fan
5/12/2011, 09:09 AM
so cute, you guys are

achiro
5/12/2011, 09:30 AM
they did indeed say that.......i just thought it was a bit ridiculous that they'd stumble across the hunters equipment like that and think "hey, lets cut my arm open and use the powder to cauterize the wound"

They didn't just "stumble across it". The scenario was that they were black powder hunters that got injured/lost. The show sets up certain situations for them so they usually start with some equipment that someone would have.

I think some of the stuff they teach could help someone in a survival situation. Try some of the stuff that Bear does and it could get you killed.