PDA

View Full Version : For FSU, how do we make the OU fans wear white happen??

colleyvillesooner
5/11/2011, 10:17 PM
This was so cool when we traveled to Alabama. It makes the most sense when we play a team with similar colors.

Who do I have to email, get a petition going, anything. This needs to be endorsed by the school at the beginning of the season so that the word gets out there. All ideas welcome.

MrJimBeam
5/12/2011, 05:23 AM
E-mail Lon Kruger.

SoonerofAlabama
5/12/2011, 06:49 AM
Who do I have to email

everyone

thurman murman
5/12/2011, 07:14 AM
I'll wear white.

I'll tell my brother to wear white.

That's two.

texaspokieokie
5/12/2011, 07:30 AM
i'll wear white, but i'll be home.

what does it matter ??

pweitkem
5/12/2011, 07:36 AM
What kind of white shirt are you going to wear? I want to make sure we match.

colleyvillesooner
5/12/2011, 07:48 AM
It doesn't really matter, especially to you if you aren't going. but It looks cool and comes across great on TV. To me it shows a school that a fan base has got it together. It was just a cool feeling being at Alabama, and everyone for OU was in white.

See the last couple seconds of this video. http://youtu.be/xuePqhjmpNA

colleyvillesooner
5/12/2011, 07:51 AM
What kind of white shirt are you going to wear? I want to make sure we match.

Just wear your "I'm a Buzzkill" shirt and I'll buy one to match. Or you can loan me of yours. ;)

XingTheRubicon
5/12/2011, 08:23 AM
I always wear a white coaches polo for away games. It was pretty cool at Bama game, but what I remember was how loud the "home of the Sooners!" was at an away game. The Bama fans around me were not pleased.

colleyvillesooner
5/12/2011, 08:27 AM
I always wear a white coaches polo for away games. It was pretty cool at Bama game, but what I remember was how loud the "home of the Sooners!" was at an away game. The Bama fans around me were not pleased.

Forgot about that, that was awesome. Two Bama dudes in front of us said "What the hell was THAT?!"

soonerloyal
5/12/2011, 08:33 AM
Well, I see your message and we'll wear white. I think it's good.

You might start by contacting Joe C's office to see if they are considering a push to do something like that. Maybe the PR department will pick it up. Haven't they done it in the recent past? Folks do it for Coale & Company games (pink for cancer research) and for Thunder (but don't they have tees on every chair?). Most fans wear crimson to the RRS, too. It's worth a try!

Besides, while I'm not one that feels any noticeable difference between the dry heat there at home and the humid heat here in FL - many of y'all will probably be more comfortable in white/cream than in crimson.

JLEW1818
5/12/2011, 08:38 AM
E-mail Lon Kruger.

email Longar Longar

soonerboomer93
5/12/2011, 11:55 AM
It doesn't really matter, especially to you if you aren't going. but It looks cool and comes across great on TV. To me it shows a school that a fan base has got it together. It was just a cool feeling being at Alabama, and everyone for OU was in white.

See the last couple seconds of this video.

fixed

xuePqhjmpNA

stoopified
5/12/2011, 03:01 PM
That vid was cool,love that memory.

SoonerofAlabama
5/12/2011, 04:04 PM
A lot more white there than crimson.

agoo758
5/12/2011, 04:32 PM
I think that at the end of the national anthem we should all scream "home of the SEMINOLES!" and freak the hell out of the home crowd. :pop:

SoonerNomad
5/12/2011, 05:27 PM
I don't have any white OU shirts. Since I am going to be there, I will have to get my wife and I new shirts before the game.

colleyvillesooner
5/12/2011, 05:51 PM
I don't have any white OU shirts. Since I am going to be there, I will have to get my wife and I new shirts before the game.

Yes! The movement has begun. We shall call it "The White Movement"

Err, maybe not. ;)

yukonsooner
5/12/2011, 07:53 PM
Ok count us in - 2 more in white

SoonerofAlabama
5/12/2011, 09:19 PM
You can't really get a petition to make people wear white t-shirts, but I like it. The youtube video shows how awesome it can be if done right.

salth2o
5/12/2011, 09:31 PM

See the last couple seconds of this video. http://youtu.be/xuePqhjmpNA

The whole damn thing is white. Congrats!

texaspokieokie
5/13/2011, 08:16 AM
those fans have no faces.

colleyvillesooner
6/30/2011, 01:10 PM
Update: I got nuthin'.

2 weeks ago, emailed everyone who seemed right to email or would know who to forward to, from administration to the ticket office and didn't receive one damn response. Not even one, "sounds like a good idea we'll see what we can do.". Pretty disappointing.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/30/2011, 01:17 PM
http://www.bartcop.com/haha.gif

I'm sorry I just couldn't help myself... :D

BillyBall
6/30/2011, 01:18 PM
Im kinda stupid like that but I wear white on away games and crimson at home. Whether Im going to the game or watching it at my place.

colleyvillesooner
6/30/2011, 01:19 PM
Oh, it's highly appropriate.

Somebody on this damn place has to know some people of influence at OU right?

owenfieldreams
6/30/2011, 01:44 PM
Do we know if the visiting section @ the Doak is all together? At Bryant-Denny, we were split up. w/OU fans in both EZ's.

I realize this would be nearly impossible but I'd carry it one step further and have everyone wear white away jerseys with the #12 and BOX across the back.

See you in Tally!

Fraggle145
6/30/2011, 01:46 PM

See the last couple seconds of this video. xuePqhjmpNA

Cool.

Fraggle145
6/30/2011, 01:48 PM
Oh, it's highly appropriate.

Somebody on this damn place has to know some people of influence at OU right?

You need to write to the student paper. Either as an opinion or an email to the editor, but you'll probably have to wait until school is in session.

SunnySooner
6/30/2011, 04:23 PM
Colley, if it makes you feel better, everyone in my house is getting a new white OU shirt to wear to the game--that's 4 at least!!!

colleyvillesooner
6/30/2011, 05:48 PM
See, there is support for this, and many would order from OU like I did.

SoonerNomad
6/30/2011, 07:49 PM
I will be sitting with FSU fans but my wife and I will be wearing white.

pac10SUX
7/1/2011, 02:09 PM
I'll be wearing white. WAIT, will it be after Labor Day?

SunnySooner
7/1/2011, 02:11 PM
I'll be wearing white. WAIT, will it be after Labor Day?

That's only for shoes, dumas. Just wear your brown Birkenstocks, you'll be fine.;) :P :D

colleyvillesooner
8/15/2011, 11:13 AM
Update: Kenny Mossman told me today he forwarded the info onto the marketing department. I copied the editor and general email for the PI Daily as well now that we are closer to school. Couldn't find a way to contact anyone at the Oklahoman.

JLEW1818
8/15/2011, 11:17 AM
get it done!

yukonsooner
8/15/2011, 11:40 AM
White shirts already ironed and folded for traveling. 2 more white shirts in attendance

colleyvillesooner
8/15/2011, 11:57 AM
Just emailed every OU alumni club that was
Listed on the main site. That took awhile to click into each one and copy and paste the email address.

Got 21 auto bounce backs for bad emails, but that means it went through to over 80 clubs. Hopefully that helps.

Here was he release from 2003:

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090303aaa.html

Officials in the University of Oklahoma Athletics Department are encouraging the 7,000 Sooner faithful headed to Alabama this weekend to wear white.

Both the Sooners and the Crimson Tide claim crimson as a primary color. A switch to white will distinguish the visiting OU fans from the home Alabama fans.

"Actually, our true colors are crimson and cream so I guess we need to dig out the cream-colored shirts," said OU Athletics Director Joe Castiglione. "A contrasting lighter color will allow us to identify ourselves to each other and to our team. We want to make sure the players feel the support of the OU fans who will be there."

OU Associate Vice President Tripp Hall said, "This game features two great universities with storied football traditions. When OU takes the field on Saturday, we want the Sooners in Tuscaloosa to be distinguished among the sea of Crimson Tide fans. It will be a great representation of the unity of the Sooner Nation and the great fans we have here at OU."

OU and Alabama kickoff at 6:47 p.m., Saturday in Tuscaloosa, Ala. For those unable to make the trip, the game will be aired on both ESPN television and the Sooner Radio Network.

thecrimsoncrusader
8/15/2011, 12:16 PM
Ask everyone, no, demand that everyone where crimson, and they will wear white instead. It works every time.

OU GENO
8/15/2011, 12:21 PM
The Ruf Neks will paddle you if you wear white!

kiomanche
8/15/2011, 12:28 PM
Yes! The movement has begun. We shall call it "The White Movement"

Err, maybe not. ;)

I'm Native American and the word White Movement scares me!

sooneredaco
8/15/2011, 12:28 PM
Put out flyers that say "whites only"

colleyvillesooner
8/15/2011, 12:33 PM
:D

Sooner in Tampa
8/15/2011, 12:52 PM
DAMMIT...All of my OU shirts are grey or crimson!!!!

I have 3 coming to the game...we WILL find white shirts!!!!

colleyvillesooner
8/15/2011, 01:14 PM
Www.soonersports.com

http://sooners.teamfanshop.com/

SunnySooner
8/15/2011, 01:43 PM
Good jorb, Colley!!! I hope this works out, we do want to stand out, and it looks like we're gonna have a presence, so how about a little WHITE PRIDE!!! Erm, the good kind, that is. :D

XingTheRubicon
8/15/2011, 02:03 PM
white power!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/15/2011, 03:38 PM

See the last couple seconds of this video. http://youtu.be/xuePqhjmpNAhaha, isn't it better to wear red, and then the Sooners' team can pretend half the people in the stands are pulling for OU?

heathc
8/25/2011, 11:49 AM
The wife and I are in so that is 2 more. Just got my white polo shirt in the mail from the Jimmy Austin Golf Clubhouse. Pricey but very nice.

OrlandoSooner
8/25/2011, 12:12 PM
I'm game. In fact, I'm wearing it today at work just to annoy the resident Longhorn fan.

texas bandman
8/25/2011, 02:24 PM
Im kinda stupid like that but I wear white on away games and crimson at home. Whether Im going to the game or watching it at my place.

I wear white at home and crimson away...if it's good enough for Bob, it's good enough for me. :tongue:

yukonsooner
8/25/2011, 02:25 PM
haha, isn't it better to wear red, and then the Sooners' team can pretend half the people in the stands are pulling for OU?

That's my theory. Same for crowd noise. Just pretend everyone is yelling for you.

Ping
8/25/2011, 03:17 PM
5 in our group all gonna wear white!

colleyvillesooner
8/25/2011, 05:48 PM
I wear white at home and crimson away...if it's good enough for Bob, it's good enough for me. :tongue:

I'm pretty sure it's not as big a deal if your shirt color makes you blend in with the players. ;)

Tin Cup
8/26/2011, 12:54 PM
Guess I will go buy some white OU Sooners t-shirts.

colleyvillesooner
8/26/2011, 01:05 PM
Update: after sending the message out to over 85 alumni clubs, 2 wrote me back. One was to say she would forward it to the new person in charge and one, ONE!, who said they would send it out to all their members. So here's to you OU Alumni club of Los Angeles!

colleyvillesooner
9/9/2011, 01:43 PM
Bump.

Last weekend to get your white shirt for those traveling to the game. We'll see if the marketing department puts out a release on Monday like they did for Alabama in 2003.

Will be hitting up all OU twitter accounts this week to get RT's. Anybody with Facebook, would be appreciated if you would post it on your wall.

OPSEC
9/9/2011, 04:20 PM
I thought the protocol is/was you were white at ALL away games and crimson at home?! Did i miss something while deployed? Count us as two more wearing white.

colleyvillesooner
9/9/2011, 04:26 PM
You would think, but fact is most people's OU gear is red.

badger
9/9/2011, 05:08 PM
The best way to get people to act is to not force the issue. People seem to get pizzy if you tell them right before RRS how important it is to all wear the same color. That's about the time you start getting "I paid XXXX for my tix, I wear whatever I want!" comments.

If you want to REALLY be cool? Have everyone wear a white AND crimson shirt. Then, when everyone is in their seats, have people wear either white or crimson to form an "OU" in the stands with everyone's shirts. Like this photo, except WAAAAY cooler:

http://mvictors.com/images/2008/Q3/wisc/blockm2.jpg

FSU would be too a-scared to AAHHHHHHH after that :D

colleyvillesooner
9/9/2011, 05:32 PM
yes, that would be cool.

And everyone should wear Red to the OU Texas game.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/9/2011, 06:21 PM
This was so cool when we traveled to Alabama. It makes the most sense when we play a team with similar colors.

Who do I have to email, get a petition going, anything. This needs to be endorsed by the school at the beginning of the season so that the word gets out there. All ideas welcome.

COLLEY...sent a tweet to Broyles, Landry, Tony Jefferson and Kenny Stills and asked them to retweet. Broyles and Jefferson are pretty heavy tweeters and retweeters and both have tons of followers. We'll see

you might also go to FB and see what sooner pagers are out there with lots of friends

yukonsooner
9/9/2011, 06:23 PM
Anybody have any idea how much they have us spread out through the stadium?

SoonerinSouthlake
9/9/2011, 07:14 PM
COLLEY...sent a tweet to Broyles, Landry, Tony Jefferson and Kenny Stills and asked them to retweet. Broyles and Jefferson are pretty heavy tweeters and retweeters and both have tons of followers. We'll see

you might also go to FB and see what sooner pagers are out there with lots of friends

retweeted so far by BClay and Kenny Stills

SunnySooner
9/9/2011, 07:22 PM
Anybody have any idea how much they have us spread out through the stadium?

From what I've seen/heard, we're mostly around the south endzone, so hopefully we'll stand out.

However, I was just thinking about this the other day--lots of FSU peeps wear white to the home games. In fact, their game last Saturday, I noticed a lot of fans in white. It was a day game, so maybe they just wanted to be cooler, but they are not as big on wearing garnet at home as we are crimson at home. So, be prepared to see a lot of 'Nole white as well. Kinda a bummer, but maybe the guys will think those peeps are Sooner fans too, lol!!!

OUNASH
9/9/2011, 07:26 PM
I will be in the FSU section with my white on. I was also at the Bama game when we did this. Sure easier to indentify Sooner Fans.

LASooner
9/9/2011, 07:29 PM
If you really want OU fans to wear white, buy 2000 white T-Shirts online with some pro OU statement printed on it, and walk around before the game and hand them out to any OU fan not wearing white.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/9/2011, 07:34 PM
If you really want OU fans to wear white, buy 2000 white T-Shirts online with some pro OU statement printed on it, and walk around before the game and hand them out to any OU fan not wearing white.

good Call....Hey everybony LASooner is buying everyone Tshirts. Hoooooooooooorayyyy!!!!

LASooner
9/9/2011, 07:43 PM
Yeah, wait for me outside the stadium.. do not go inside until I come by.

OUbassin
9/9/2011, 08:05 PM
good Call....Hey everybony LASooner is buying everyone Tshirts. Hoooooooooooorayyyy!!!!

I will need one in "chunky" size!

We will be there in white!

SoonerinSouthlake
9/9/2011, 08:08 PM
Yeah, wait for me outside the stadium.. do not go inside until I come by.

wow! Ok then. I will see you RIGHT by the entrance. DO NOT go into the game until I get my shirt. Otherwise I will neg spek you!

C&CDean
9/9/2011, 08:11 PM
Did I ever mention that all the silly things fans do doesn't any of it really help on the field? Sure I did. Anyhow, wear white. I do it to all the home games and we haven't lost a one since when?

MHSooner
9/9/2011, 08:12 PM
I wore white at Bama but that shirt is long gone, so I just bought a new white polo with next day delivery. I just pray that it will be here on Tuesday of next week before I leave on Wednesday.

:beguiled:

colleyvillesooner
9/9/2011, 08:14 PM
No one said it would help them team dill hole.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/9/2011, 08:43 PM
No one said it would help them team dill hole.

ya know...I realize it doesnt help for me to wear the same clothes on Saturdays when I watch on TV...but in a huge away game, especially now that we have players tweeting for us about the white shirts, I say it will help them to know and see a ton of Sooners in the crowd.....SO TAKE THAT PAPOW!

mdklatt
9/9/2011, 08:46 PM
This thread has a slight whiff of aggy.

colleyvillesooner
9/9/2011, 08:57 PM
Maybe, but it was university backed in 2003 and it was a really cool sight.

brian
9/9/2011, 09:16 PM
saw this tonight

David Bassity
D_D_Bass David Bassity
by Kenny_Mossman
Have seen some Sooners asking fans going to FSU game next week to wear white...Not a bad idea, I did it as fan at Alabama in '03.
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

the-rover
9/9/2011, 09:22 PM
has gametime been determined yet?

silverwheels
9/9/2011, 09:24 PM
has gametime been determined yet?

8:00 ET on ABC.

the-rover
9/9/2011, 09:29 PM
8:00 ET on ABC.

ty

SoonerinSouthlake
9/9/2011, 09:31 PM
Broyles retweeted...
the word is officially out
nice campaign COlly
dinner on me at paulios after a win

salth2o
9/9/2011, 09:36 PM
make sure you effing hillbillies don't just wear a white wife beater. :D

Sooner in Tampa
9/9/2011, 09:43 PM
We will be 3 strong in white...the shirts arrived this week

silverwheels
9/9/2011, 09:44 PM
make sure you effing hillbillies don't just wear a white wife beater. :D

I think what few Miami fans there are have the wife beater demographic covered.

colleyvillesooner
9/9/2011, 10:43 PM
From what I've seen/heard, we're mostly around the south endzone, so hopefully we'll stand out.

However, I was just thinking about this the other day--lots of FSU peeps wear white to the home games. In fact, their game last Saturday, I noticed a lot of fans in white. It was a day game, so maybe they just wanted to be cooler, but they are not as big on wearing garnet at home as we are crimson at home. So, be prepared to see a lot of 'Nole white as well. Kinda a bummer, but maybe the guys will think those peeps are Sooner fans too, lol!!!

Yeah I noticed that too. Here is the look I would love to pull off, but in all white.

http://i.pgu.me/DesoLDUb_original.jpg

Sam.England
9/10/2011, 09:13 AM
Its gaining momentum! Lets get it done

colleyvillesooner
9/13/2011, 12:07 PM
"The White Movement" is going well. Retweeted by the following players on Monday: Broyles, Flemming, Jefferson, Clay, Stills, Alexander, and Broyles.

Can't wait for this game to get here...

jumperstop
9/13/2011, 12:22 PM
So I'm pretty sure I'm going. Guess I'm going to have to go buy a white OU shirt...

colleyvillesooner
9/14/2011, 10:04 AM
Victory!!

The Official Sooners Facebook page just put this on their wall, which is sent to over 280,000 people:

OU box office served approximately 7,000 Sooner fans (more expected in Tallahassee). Fans are urged to wear white Sooner gear to stand out from home crowd and align themselves with white road jerseys team will wear on field:
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091311aac.html

http://www.facebook.com/oklahomasooners

Sooner in Tampa
9/14/2011, 10:05 AM
COLLEY...GREAT JOB...IT WORKED!!!!!

OU box office served approximately 7,000 Sooner fans (more expected in Tallahassee). Fans are urged to wear white Sooner gear to stand out from home crowd and align themselves with white road jerseys team will wear on field: http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091311aac.html (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091311aac.html)

Osce0la
9/14/2011, 11:00 AM
now, can you get a movement started to actually get all of our fans to wear Garnet? looking forward to Saturday!

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/14/2011, 11:03 AM
i won't be able to go to the game, but i'll be there in spirit...and BY GAWD, MY SPIRIT WILL BE WHITE...err wearing white!

TheUnnamedSooner
9/14/2011, 11:16 AM
We are undefeated in the red OU shirt that i wear to games, should i scrap it for white one?

colleyvillesooner
9/14/2011, 11:19 AM
now, can you get a movement started to actually get all of our fans to wear Garnet? looking forward to Saturday!

ha, no. I've seen from pictures a LOT of your fans tend to go with white, probably somewhat do to the heat.

Sooner in Tampa
9/14/2011, 11:34 AM
We are undefeated in the red OU shirt that i wear to games, should i scrap it for white one?

I don't know...I think Dean will have to rule on this one :beguiled:

TheUnnamedSooner
9/14/2011, 11:37 AM
I don't know...I think Dean will have to rule on this one :beguiled:

I have a white hat I wear with it... so that should be good enough right? Don't want to mess with the good juju :)

winout
9/14/2011, 12:18 PM
Sorry, Walmart only sells crimson adult jerseys (well, kinda crimson more like maroon) and I have to wear a jersey with my jorts!

OU Sooners
9/14/2011, 01:56 PM
Hey i have a quick question. I got a customized White OU Jersey for my birthday and the person who got it for me ordered my real last name on the back. What do you think of that? Is that tacky to wear? I think it will look great but i dont want to be disrespectful. Obviously i didnt play there... But i'm a huge fan!!!

TheUnnamedSooner
9/14/2011, 02:43 PM
^^^ Lot's of people do that. You'll be fine. Wear it proudly!

Fraggle145
9/14/2011, 03:12 PM
The best way to get people to act is to not force the issue. People seem to get pizzy if you tell them right before RRS how important it is to all wear the same color. That's about the time you start getting "I paid XXXX for my tix, I wear whatever I want!" comments.

If you want to REALLY be cool? Have everyone wear a white AND crimson shirt. Then, when everyone is in their seats, have people wear either white or crimson to form an "OU" in the stands with everyone's shirts. Like this photo, except WAAAAY cooler:

http://mvictors.com/images/2008/Q3/wisc/blockm2.jpg

FSU would be too a-scared to AAHHHHHHH after that :D

They hand those out at game time.

colleyvillesooner
9/14/2011, 03:18 PM
they are playing right into our hand:

@TomahawkNation This should be common sense, but Oklahoma is wearing white. Wear Garnet on Saturday if you're a #Nole

soonergirlNeugene
9/14/2011, 05:20 PM
White is better than the shirts they'll be selling at that other game happening in Florida.

http://sportscrack.com/images/ineligibowltatsvstutes_large2.jpg

SunnySooner
9/18/2011, 07:07 AM
GOOD JORB, COLLEY!!!!!! There were a few that didn't get the memo, but there were TONS of white-clad Sooners, and as you can see, it did make a difference. The guys stopped and waved up at us all after the game, before they entered the tunnel, as we yelled and cheered for them, and I really think the appreciated us being there and making the effort to stand out an show that we were there to support THEM. Excellent work!!

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/okla/graphics/auto/20110917_b_crowd.jpg

Sooner24
9/18/2011, 07:37 AM
I would have worn white but I couldn't find an extra fat in Ardmore.

boomersooner28
9/18/2011, 07:41 AM
All televised football games usually show a few screen shots of fans from the opposing team when their team is doing well. I don't remember 1, not 1, screenshot of our fanbase the entire game last night. :offended:

colleyvillesooner
9/18/2011, 08:40 AM
That's what I heard. My wife said there was 1 before kickoff.

SunnySooner
9/18/2011, 08:48 AM
I'm watching the replay, no screen shots, but when they pan that south endzone, you can see the white sections, it's definitely noticeable, more on TV than in that picture. We rule. ;)

TheUnnamedSooner
12/14/2011, 02:55 PM

I wore said shirt for all games except three. Yes, they were the 3 that we lost. So.... all this drama, meltdown, exodus, dysfunction, bickering, tweeting, etc. It's all my fault. I am sorry.

;)

Fraggle145
12/14/2011, 04:33 PM
Mother ****er.

soonergirlNeugene
12/14/2011, 06:28 PM
I wore said shirt for all games except three. Yes, they were the 3 that we lost. So.... all this drama, meltdown, exodus, dysfunction, bickering, tweeting, etc. It's all my fault. I am sorry.

;)

http://troll.me/images/atomic-rage/kill-it-kill-it-with-fire.jpg