PDA

View Full Version : I don't care how good In and Out might be

GrapevineSooner
5/11/2011, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't wait 70 minutes in the rain for a burger.

reflector
5/11/2011, 05:32 PM
Are there any In and Out Burgers in Oklahoma?

SoonerProphet
5/11/2011, 05:34 PM
Saw some dude came all the way up from Brownwood. Seriously, for just a burger.

The Profit
5/11/2011, 05:41 PM
Oh, I thought you were talking about the other kind of "in and out."

The Maestro
5/11/2011, 05:44 PM
I saw a link of some lady in Dallas crying about it.

I have them from time to time here in AZ. It's good, but nothing special. It's a burger.

Aldebaran
5/11/2011, 05:47 PM
They are pretty good.

JohnnyMack
5/11/2011, 05:53 PM
Double Meat Animal Style is one of the best fast food hamburgers ever. But I wouldn't wait 10 minutes, much less 70 for one.

Turd_Ferguson
5/11/2011, 06:06 PM
Double Meat Animal Style is one of the best fast food hamburgers ever. But I wouldn't wait 10 minutes, much less 70 for one.Concur.

Mongo
5/11/2011, 06:09 PM
over rated

DRLSooner
5/11/2011, 06:10 PM
Best and most consistent fast-food burger on the planet, but no meal is worth a 70 minute wait.

sappstuf
5/11/2011, 06:11 PM
Double Meat Animal Style is one of the best fast food hamburgers ever. But I wouldn't wait 10 minutes, much less 70 for one.

Man up and get a 4 x 4... ;)

Thaumaturge
5/11/2011, 06:12 PM
Once, I waited at Red Lobster for 70 minutes or so. But there you can at least talk to the lobsters while you wait.

C&CDean
5/11/2011, 06:21 PM
Once, I waited at Red Lobster for 70 minutes or so. But there you can at least talk to the lobsters while you wait.

And they've got a bar.

JohnnyMack
5/11/2011, 06:24 PM
Hey. I'm gonna be in Vegas next week! I'll go get one then!

StoopTroup
5/11/2011, 06:28 PM
And they've got a bar.

Those biscuits have to have crack in them.

sooner59
5/11/2011, 06:31 PM
Those biscuits are awesome. And I always get the calamari. I would also say that fried vegetables dipped in ranch have crack in them as well.

C&CDean
5/11/2011, 06:33 PM
The biscuits at RL are the only thing there worth eating though.

Talk about overpriced, overcooked, below average seafood. I still go there sometimes (since there ain't any seafood joints in Norman that I know of) but I'm always disappointed, and I'm not eating **** like biscuits anymore except on special occasions, and going to RL ain't one of them.

sooner59
5/11/2011, 06:39 PM
That's the only place where I eat them as well. And I barely ever go to RL. I just like to go when they have endless shrimp or crab or lobster fest. You can get quite a bit of food for decent $ when they run specials. Otherwise, you are right, better to go elsewhere.

SoCaliSooner
5/11/2011, 06:48 PM
Red Lobster is the Denny's of seafood. The only people I ever see outside the place is welfare recipient looking mofos and geriatrics.

C&CDean
5/11/2011, 06:52 PM
Red Lobster is the Denny's of seafood. The only people I ever see outside the place is welfare recipient looking mofos and geriatrics.

Not true mon ami. In Norman (and other places where seafood doesn't exist) you get pretty much everybody.

True story:

I was in the Daytona Beach area one evening and we were looking for a good, fresh seafood joint. We drove for about a half-hour or so and after not finding anything, I pull into a convenience store and ask "so, where can a guy get good seafood around here?" Dude goes "oh man, the absolute best seafood in the world, you go two blocks down, turn left and it's right there. It's called Red Lobster and it's killer." I go "dude, I'm in ****ing Flowerduh. I ain't eating seafood somewhere that I can get in Norman, Oklahoma." He goes "they have them in Oklahoma? I thought this was the only one."

C&CDean
5/11/2011, 06:53 PM
Oh, but I do agree about it being the Denny's of seafood part.

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2011, 06:54 PM
in and out is "ok" - but i'd rather have a Runza from Nebraska

C&CDean
5/11/2011, 06:57 PM
in and out is "ok" - but i'd rather have a Runza from Nebraska

Hey, we almost agree. I think I&O is just ok as well, but I can't comment on a Runza cause I ain't had one.

For my $$ right now, the 1/2 pound burger at Abner's for $3 is the best burger going.

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2011, 07:04 PM
well, i like the hamburgers at Runza - but you'd probably like this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4sEXH_lu4TM/R8uJPQRYZCI/AAAAAAAABhs/s6JgkL6YqgI/s400/bierock.jpg since your taste buds are all shot to hell from that kimchi

they sell them with/without cabbage

C&CDean
5/11/2011, 07:06 PM
wtf is it? Too much bread for me. And I pretty much like everything except really fishy fish and guts. I ain't a picky old soldier with no sense of taste like you.

sappstuf
5/11/2011, 07:08 PM
wtf is it? Too much bread for me. And I pretty much like everything except really fishy fish and guts. I ain't a picky old soldier with no sense of taste like you.

Dean,

do you know the name of that stuff they sold in Korea usually roadside and at night? You could get a big bag of that stuff for a couple of dollars.

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2011, 07:09 PM
it's not anymore bread than you'd find for a bun on a burger - the husker folks up there love the hot runza's on a cold day - it's got hamburger and cabbage in a bread roll

jkjsooner
5/11/2011, 07:10 PM
They have an In and Out in Dallas? I think In and Out and Five Guys are going to learn that their mystique is lost when they expand nationally.

delhalew
5/11/2011, 07:10 PM
We have gas stations in Oklahoma that will make you a better burger than In and Out.

C&CDean
5/11/2011, 07:12 PM
it's not anymore bread than you'd find for a bun on a burger - the husker folks up there love the hot runza's on a cold day - it's got hamburger and cabbage in a bread roll

Oh. That was a Runza? I'd try one, especially since it does have some cabbage.

sappstuf
5/11/2011, 07:12 PM
They have an In and Out in Dallas? I think In and Out and Five Guys are going to learn that their mystique is lost when they expand nationally.

I think you are right. When I lived in DC about 5 years ago, Five Guys was the best burger around.

Now there are Five Guys in San Antonio, but I can go to 3-4 places that have burgers just as good and usually cheaper.

C&CDean
5/11/2011, 07:14 PM
We have gas stations in Oklahoma that will make you a better burger than In and Out.

I've got a Conoco (H&T on the corner of Hwy 39 and 156th) just east of the prison, and a mile-and-a-half from the Deanarosa that does a burger that I promise blows away an I&O. But like somebody said above, it's the "mystique" that makes them and 5-Guys so "good." Ever since I saw Brack eats at 5-Guys I've vowed to never try one. I don't wanna turn mooslim.

sooner ngintunr
5/11/2011, 07:14 PM
Best thing about InNOut is the price. Having workers that speak english is a plus too.

dbl dbl grilled onions is the only way to go. ywia.

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2011, 07:18 PM
I think you are right. When I lived in DC about 5 years ago, Five Guys was the best burger around.

Now there are Five Guys in San Antonio, but I can go to 3-4 places that have burgers just as good and usually cheaper.

i cried when little hips closed there in san antonio

Chesters
Cheesy Janes
Chris Madrids (low on my list, too much grease)

there's another one there but i cant think of the name of it at the moment

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2011, 07:22 PM

well, runza is the name of the place, but they also call that cabbage contraption a 'runza' - but they have pretty damn good hamburgers and the O-rings are greatness as well

sooner59

I tried one in 2009 when we made the ill-fated trip to Lincoln. They are good with mustard. They also have them with cheese and several other variations. The original still sounded the best to me, though.

sappstuf
i cried when little hips closed there in san antonio

Chesters
Cheesy Janes
Chris Madrids (low on my list, too much grease)

there's another one there but i cant think of the name of it at the moment

Longhorns Cafe (unfortunate name, but great burger)
Sam's Burger Joint
And Culvers. It is a chain out of Wisconsin, but they make a mean butterburger.

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2011, 07:23 PM
we have a culvers here - indeed very good

i think i've tried sam's - is that down off Broadway and 281??

C&CDean
5/11/2011, 07:24 PM
Look. We're getting dangerously close to having another Dallas lunch deal. The more things change, the more they stay the same...

I just hope this version drops all the drama.

I was in Dallas this past weekend helping my brother set up his RV. He's in the process of moving there from Denver. I'll be spending a lot more time down that way in 20 days.

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2011, 07:25 PM
you know where you can get a good burger in dallas? we've had a few lunches there - smaller ones - Duke's Roadhouse

GREAT burger imo

sappstuf
5/11/2011, 07:25 PM
we have a culvers here - indeed very good

i think i've tried sam's - is that down off Broadway and 281??

That is the one.

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2011, 07:29 PM
i didnt care for sams - they branded the burger patty with a lonestar emblem and it tasted burnt - didnt care for it at all

were you ever able to go to Little Hips before it closed?

DIB
5/11/2011, 07:34 PM
5 Guys > In-N-Out

Bodeans > Red Lobster

C&CDean
5/11/2011, 07:35 PM
5 Guys > In-N-Out

Bodeans > Red Lobster

Dude, fish sticks are almost > RL. Is there a Bodeans in Norman?

sappstuf
5/11/2011, 07:36 PM
i didnt care for sams - they branded the burger patty with a lonestar emblem and it tasted burnt - didnt care for it at all

were you ever able to go to Little Hips before it closed?

Maybe they were having a bad night, they are usually pretty good. They brand it with Sam's now.

Little Hips must have been closed before I got here, because I never heard of it.

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2011, 07:38 PM
mmmmmm fish sticks and box macaroni/cheese

now thats good eatin

DIB
5/11/2011, 07:38 PM
Dude, fish sticks are almost > RL. Is there a Bodeans in Norman?

I don't think so. They fly in fresh sea food twice a day, so it isn't conducive to becoming a chain. It is about as good of seafood as you can find in Oklahoma

C&CDean
5/11/2011, 07:39 PM
mmmmmm fish sticks and box macaroni/cheese

now thats good eatin

When you're on food stamps...

Actually, in the day that was an All-American meal right there. I would trade soda bottles for enough $$ to pick up a box of Kraft to supplement the cheap fish stix. Good times.

C&CDean
5/11/2011, 07:39 PM
I don't think so. They fly in fresh sea food twice a day, so it isn't conducive to becoming a chain. It is about as good of seafood as you can find in Oklahoma

Donde esta?

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2011, 07:40 PM

Actually, in the day that was an All-American meal right there. I would trade soda bottles for enough $$ to pick up a box of Kraft to supplement the cheap fish stix. Good times.

if by food stamps you mean "5 years old" :D

sappstuf
5/11/2011, 07:41 PM

I was usually stuck with the black and white generic box of mac and cheese.

DRLSooner
5/11/2011, 07:42 PM
if by food stamps you mean "5 years old" :D

..or in college. We made some damn fine meals out of Kraft Mac & Cheese and canned tuna and salmon. Maybe even cat food if we were inebriated.

yermom
5/11/2011, 07:51 PM
Dallas has Burger Street, doesn't it?

In-N-Out is good, but it's not that great

In Vegas it's pretty darn cheap compared to everything else though

SanJoaquinSooner
5/11/2011, 07:57 PM
There's an in-n-out about mile down the road. My daughter doesn't eat meat but their grilled cheese is one of her favorites. She says it is superior to five guys grilled cheese.

The impressive thing to me is how well trained the employees are. They rarely make a mistake, whereas at McDonalds, Burger King, etc, stupid pills are mandatory.

BajaOklahoma
I have a friend who camped out last night to be one of the first. Apparently everyone who camped out got free food.
She was ticked because a "guy in a suit" tried to linejump this morning.

Burger Street has decent shakes. Fives Guys and Twisted Root have better burgers. And I know Burgers.

mgsooner
Burger Street does good work. Got em here in tulsa

SoonerStormchaser
5/11/2011, 08:05 PM
Saw some dude came all the way up from Brownwood. Seriously, for just a burger.

So? That's nothing...

After my first deployment, my wife and I took a mileage run on Delta to Phoenix...had a two hour layover...grabbed In-N-Out...and flew back home.

royalfan5
5/11/2011, 08:16 PM
Also if you are eating at a Runza, get the french onion dip for either your fries or onion rings.

yermom
5/11/2011, 08:37 PM
i can't imagine i will be getting the Runzas again anytime soon

sooner59
5/11/2011, 08:38 PM
Donde esta?

Tulsa

A Sooner in Texas
5/11/2011, 08:44 PM
5 Guys > In-N-Out

Bodeans > Red Lobster

Bodeans > many, many seafood places.

The only place I'd wait an hour for a burger (and have before) is Murphy's in Bartlesville. And not the hot hamburger with gravy. Hell, I'm craving their burger and fries now, dammit.

C&CDean
5/11/2011, 08:47 PM
Well if it has dean in the name it's gotta be allsome.

StoopTroup
5/11/2011, 08:54 PM

They have some pretty good stuff. It can be a bit pricey but it's usually really good.

A Sooner in Texas
5/11/2011, 09:01 PM

They obviously named it in honor of you. You should go. Seriously, it is good, and like any good seafood place, it can be pricey. Worth every penny.

OutlandTrophy
5/11/2011, 09:31 PM
awe man, I just saw this thread and was going to say that Red Lobster was Denny's by the Sea.

Socali beat me to it.

Al Gore
5/11/2011, 09:33 PM
The best burgers!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XxP0V-XmDg

OutlandTrophy
5/11/2011, 09:40 PM
J&W Grill > In & Out

Mongo
5/11/2011, 09:50 PM
buncha fat asses

sooner59
5/11/2011, 10:29 PM
buncha fat asses

HEY! I resemble that remark. :mad:

KuppiKunta
5/12/2011, 08:03 AM
I look forward to being able to finally try an In-N-Out burger, but I bet it won't be any better than Bill's in Tulsa.

jk the sooner fan
5/12/2011, 08:07 AM
what kills me about the lines for In and out - is that people seem to think it's only going to be open for one or two days

i'm definitely gonna go grab a burger there - but i'll survive long enough to go when it's a normal day

jeebus - you'd think a new harry potter book had been released or something

texaspokieokie
5/12/2011, 08:23 AM
saw a pic in the DMN of a girl that stood in line @ in & out for 14 hours.

there is no food in the world worth waiting that long.

remember, it all turns to the same thing.

i have lived in CA but don't remember ever having an I & O burger.

i plan to go to allen or frisco, in not too distant future, to try it out.

not in dallas.

C&CDean
5/12/2011, 08:24 AM
what kills me about the lines for In and out - is that people seem to think it's only going to be open for one or two days

i'm definitely gonna go grab a burger there - but i'll survive long enough to go when it's a normal day

jeebus - you'd think a new harry potter book had been released or something

No kidding. Remember the lines for Krispy Kreme when they first opened? Now they're a taco or bbq joint.

Also, I will have you know I never stood in line for a HP book. I pre-ordered. I'm a smart wizard.

jk the sooner fan
5/12/2011, 08:32 AM
No kidding. Remember the lines for Krispy Kreme when they first opened? Now they're a taco or bbq joint.

Also, I will have you know I never stood in line for a HP book. I pre-ordered. I'm a smart wizard.

ok but did you stay up all night reading the book from cover to cover in one sitting like so many others did?

C&CDean
5/12/2011, 08:35 AM
ok but did you stay up all night reading the book from cover to cover in one sitting like so many others did?

Nah. I savored every page like a delicious steak.

I took the next day off work and read it then...

texaspokieokie
5/12/2011, 08:36 AM
did it taste as good as an I & O burger ???

C&CDean
5/12/2011, 08:37 AM
did it taste as good as an I & O burger ???

Much, much better.

Mississippi Sooner
5/12/2011, 08:37 AM
In and Out = overhyped crap. IMO

But I'll let y'all be the judge.

jk the sooner fan
5/12/2011, 08:44 AM
14 hours to stand in line for a hamburger

absurd

C&CDean
5/12/2011, 08:48 AM
Ever since my military days I've made a vow about standing in line for food. 45-minutes is the most/longest I've ever waited and that just about killed me. It was for Pappadeaux's after an OU win over UT.

If I'm gonna eat somewhere that is popular I'll usually make a reservation.

texaspokieokie
5/12/2011, 08:49 AM
i don't mind a wait if there is a bar.

except, don't drink much anymore.

SoonerAtKU
5/12/2011, 09:42 AM
I've waited over an hour to get into Murphy's back home. I try to go every time I'm back to visit my dad, which works out to every other year or so. I do either that or the Lot-a-Burger downtown in B'Ville.

StoopTroup
5/12/2011, 10:41 AM
I can't remember the last time I ate at a red lobster but the old Denny's on Yale near I-44 across from Outback and Applebees in Tulsa got bulldozed this week. I almost stopped to take a pic as it was kind of like watching the scene of many a late night meal suddenly disappear into the sunset.

SoonerAtKU
5/12/2011, 11:56 AM
Oh wow, was that the one with the zig-zag roof and the dome/cone at one end? Sad times if so...

Mississippi Sooner
5/12/2011, 12:06 PM
It's official now. OKC >> Tulsa

Sooner_Tuf
5/12/2011, 04:12 PM
It's official now. OKC >> Tulsa

Like there was ever any question. :D

Thaumaturge
5/12/2011, 07:48 PM
One mention of Red Lobster and the whole lot of you is revealed as the bunch of hoity-toity ivory tower elitists you are.

jkjsooner
5/14/2011, 12:07 PM

My wife pre-ordered her Harry Potter books. When one didn't come the day it was supposed to she was crying while bitching out the mail guy.

But, then again, USPS kinda sucks. (Just kidding, don't remember if it was USPS or not.)

Sooner_Tuf
5/14/2011, 12:27 PM
One mention of Red Lobster and the whole lot of you is revealed as the bunch of hoity-toity ivory tower elitists you are.

Well that or they have actually eaten a meal at Red Lobster and know first hand that it sucks.