PDA

View Full Version : Great read on the Thunder

yankee
5/11/2011, 02:05 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/5/11/2163263/kevin-durant-russell-westbrook-oklahoma-city-thunder-nba-playoffs-2011

ocsooner
5/11/2011, 02:43 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/5/11/2163263/kevin-durant-russell-westbrook-oklahoma-city-thunder-nba-playoffs-2011

Agreed. It is a good read. The guy gives a good perspective on who these players are and just how far they have come. I read another article (can't remember where) that said that Jordan took 5 years to get past the second round (assuming the Thunder get past the second round). That really sheds some light on what we are seeing unfold before us here.

starclassic tama
6/10/2011, 03:05 PM
bumpy bump

fwsooner22
6/10/2011, 03:52 PM
The window of opportunity is different for the Thunder. Can they afford to pay Durant 20 million and still surround him with other superstars. They still need at a stopper and a shooter. Those don't come cheap. They aren't on the same planet as the Mavs, Heat or Bulls and those teams will get better not worse.

starclassic tama
6/10/2011, 09:29 PM
how are they not on the same planet? dallas obviously won the series comfortably, but that team is definitely not getting any younger. OKC would absolutely have a good chance against the bulls in a 7 game series, the heat i'm not so sure, although OKC did go into miami and win by double digits

fwsooner22
6/11/2011, 10:21 AM
Playoffs do not equal regular season. OKC not tough enough yet and the Thunder can't put their star player (who is slight in stature) through the playoff grind too many times without help. The Thunder got wiped out by the Mavericks. Wasn't even a series they have to get better.

silverwheels
6/11/2011, 03:14 PM
Wasn't even a series? Had OKC not choked in Game 4, it was likely going 7. Come the **** on.

fwsooner22
6/12/2011, 11:34 AM
But they did choke......that's the point.....it's the playoffs....you can't choke....I am no Mavs fan I just think the Thunder have a ways to go. Not looking to hurt anybodys feelings. The Thunder can't win it with the present roster. The Mavs mowed right through then during crunch time of games and that is when NBA games are decided. No it was not a series Coach Brooks basically said so when he talked of embarassment. Again just my opinion,

starclassic tama
6/13/2011, 04:28 PM
the point is if you had watched the series at all, even though it was 4-1, it was a competitive series. the mavs are old, the thunder are extremely young. how difficult is it to understand that the thunder will continue to get much better given their age?

starclassic tama
6/13/2011, 04:30 PM
in other news the influx of bandwagon mavs fans is about to get even more annoying than it already is. i'm just glad the heat lost