View Full Version : OU/Florida State Kickoff Time

Boomhauer
5/11/2011, 10:32 AM
From Tulsa World:

OU-Florida State to kick off in primetime

By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer
Published: 5/11/2011 10:19 AM
Last Modified: 5/11/2011 10:19 AM

Oklahoma’s Sept. 17 game at Florida State will kick off at either 6:30 or 7 p.m. and will be televised by either ESPN or ABC on a national basis.

Florida State and the Atlantic Coast Conference announced kickoff times on their respective websites Wednesday morning.

The OU-FSU game will be part of an ABC/ESPN package that also includes Ohio State at Miami, also on Sept. 17. Specific details of kickoff time and television will be announced later.

The Sooners and Seminoles are projected as top-five teams for the week three showdown.

OU won last year’s meeting in Norman 47-17.

JLEW1818
5/11/2011, 10:35 AM
as expected

another night road game, ABC, Gameday

:(

Boomhauer
5/11/2011, 10:37 AM
Im not thrilled about night games....unless played in Stoolwater.

badger
5/11/2011, 10:45 AM
In Florida State time, that's an hour later. :P

SoonerNomad
5/11/2011, 10:54 AM
This will be my third home night game in Tallahassee. They put on quite a show. I saw them beat Clemson and Florida in 2000.

I haven't been back since I moved away in summer 2001. It will be a great atmosphere.

rekamrettuB
5/11/2011, 11:30 AM
Awesome!!!

The Maestro
5/11/2011, 11:36 AM
I am hoping they are circling this game and treating it much like Nebraska did their game against Texas last year. How'd that work out?

badger
5/11/2011, 12:14 PM
I am hoping they are circling this game and treating it much like Nebraska did their game against Texas last year. How'd that work out?

They realized after much badmouthing of their rental property that they couldn't afford to move out, but their landlord evicted them anyway.

OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS! OWNED BY TEXAS!

:D

Sooner in Tampa
5/11/2011, 12:32 PM
FACK!!!! OU and road night games do NOT mix.

MyT Oklahoma
5/11/2011, 12:39 PM
Oh geez.. I don't know. The 2001 BCS National Championship Game against FSU was at night.

Sooner in Tampa
5/11/2011, 01:24 PM
Oh geez.. I don't know. The 2001 BCS National Championship Game against FSU was at night.

Yeah...that was 10 yrs ago...check our recent history...not good...not good at all

NormanPride
5/11/2011, 02:15 PM
Hell yes. Make it as big as possible. We want the pressure and the rewards from that pressure. If we show up big and layeth the smack down we will reap the rewards all year long.

IMO, Bob will be secretly pumped. No way is he going to let Mark beat him.

The Maestro
5/11/2011, 02:23 PM

Well, if you want to be national champs you are going to have to face everyone's best and a lot of times at night.

We can't play every game at 1 in Norman.

Mississippi Sooner
5/11/2011, 02:54 PM
Well, if you want to be national champs you are going to have to face everyone's best and a lot of times at night.

Yep. Win this one and there will probably be several more night games.

tfoolry
5/11/2011, 03:00 PM
Night game on road; likely #1 ranking. We're DOOMED!

Sooner in Tampa
5/11/2011, 03:36 PM

Maestro...I agree COMPLETELY!!!! We just haven't seemed to be able to do it...except in Stoolwater.

SoonerofAlabama
5/11/2011, 03:46 PM
It will be on ABC, why would they show Miami-Ohio State? Two teams that have lost many players. I am fine with the night game. It gives Bob another chance to prove to the experts he can do better at something that he hasn't done well in a while. It started with him winning a BCS game after the experts said Big Game Bob had left the building.

texaspokieokie
5/11/2011, 04:14 PM

what you say is true, but hardly any day games are played in norman. they had one last season when it was still really hot. the folks in charge are much more concerned about tv money than the fans who attend the games.

like you said, if you are no. 1, you must prove it in the tuffest situations.

JLEW1818
5/11/2011, 04:17 PM
i almost died at the air force game.... so hot

85sooners
5/11/2011, 04:20 PM
ou has the swagger back!!

tfoolry
5/11/2011, 04:33 PM

More importantly, they have #28 back too :D

http://s3.amazonaws.com/newsok-photos/1132497/medium.jpg

Sooner24
5/11/2011, 04:58 PM

http://www.huskyfan.com/stadium.jpg

sendbaht
5/11/2011, 06:15 PM
I LOVE night games because it's morning here. 7 there 7 here.....I love to raise early but not at 3AM if possible.

madillsoonerfan5353
5/12/2011, 07:38 AM

THIS^^^^^ This team is full of SWAGGER IMO! Jefferson, Still, Wort, Lewis, Finch and most of all Coach Norvell!!!

:gary:

fwsooner22
5/12/2011, 10:00 AM
I could care less what time the game is and I suspect neither do the guys playing the game (except having to wait all day). It's not like they are going to give less effort.

swardboy
5/12/2011, 12:27 PM
LJ and Broyles land solidly on the Heisman map with this game.

ouwasp
5/12/2011, 11:34 PM
If the Sooners can cover the opening KO, I like OUr chances...

Sooner in Tampa
5/13/2011, 05:37 AM
Call me crazy, but everytime the Sooners score on the opening drive during a night road game...I have flashbacks to the Big XII Championship game when we did that to KSU...then they proceeded to whip out ***

olevetonahill
5/13/2011, 05:56 AM
Gonna be some durnk bitches at the shack that night.:D

soonerfan28
5/15/2011, 08:44 PM
Last road night game was a win against a ranked team.

alabama sooner
5/17/2011, 08:48 PM
Saw Stubhub had tickets for sale around $150 each but don't know where the Sooner Faithful will be parked. Does anyone know? Also what are the chances of getting tickets at face value from Norman so we can sit with fellow fans?

SoonerofAlabama
5/17/2011, 08:50 PM
Nice name.

Blue
5/21/2011, 12:37 AM
Wheres the best place to stay?

spencer20
5/21/2011, 09:32 AM
Hotels are pretty booked.

not much left in town when i called this past week.

soonerfromgeorgia
5/23/2011, 12:53 PM
buy me 3 tickets and you can stay at my house for free :D

JLEW1818
5/23/2011, 12:57 PM
stay at Jimbo's house

Bob is staying with his brother

yukonsooner
5/23/2011, 01:11 PM
We are at a Best Western in Madison. It is supposed to be just about an hour drive to Tallahassee

soonerfromgeorgia
5/23/2011, 01:14 PM
You guys will be glad it is a 7:00 game when you get here and feel how freaking hot and humid it is at 1:00. Playing at noon or early afternoon will be in the Noles favor since they practice in it all the time.

We just have a different kind of hot down here.

alabama sooner
5/28/2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks to SoonerofAlabama. Glad to see other Sooner Fans stranded (but enjoying life) in Alabama amongst all of the Tide Fans.

Any other good Sooner Fans in Alabama besides you and Blue?

Still looking to get a commitment from one of my brothers in Oklahoma to attend the Florida State game but hotel rooms evaporating.

Blue
5/28/2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks to SoonerofAlabama. Glad to see other Sooner Fans stranded (but enjoying life) in Alabama amongst all of the Tide Fans.

Still looking to get a commitment from one of my brothers in Oklahoma to attend the Florida State game but hotel rooms evaporating.

Frozen Sooner (admin) is in Tuscaloosa getting a law degree. I think there is a few more.

SoonerofAlabama
5/29/2011, 01:45 PM

And the Auburn fans, and the Tennessee fans.