PDA

View Full Version : Meet Thailand’s next prime minister

Chuck Bao
5/11/2011, 03:45 AM
Seriously, and Yingluck is like a billionaire and single.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy301/ghuebsch62/Yingluck.jpg

Naw, I put the odds at 10:90 against. It would be 60:40 for except that the military can’t afford for her to be prime minister and will immediately get involved or stage a coup. Or, some judge will get involved and declare the election invalid.

Actually it would be 50:50 but a sizeable portion of Bangkok will just vote “no” to all candidates. Go figure how that works out.

By the way, I went checking on Yingluck’s bio and found out that she got her MBA at Kentucky State University. Kentucky State University? I had never heard of it.

Kentucky State University is the smallest of Kentucky’s public universities with an enrollment of approximately 2,700 students and 155 full-time instructional faculty members. From its modest beginnings as a small normal school for the training of black teachers for the black schools of Kentucky, Kentucky State University has grown and evolved to become the state’s unique, small, liberal studies institution, serving students without regard to their race, age, sex, national origin, or economic status. The university was chartered in May 1886 as the State Normal School for Colored Persons, only the second state-supported institution of higher learning in Kentucky.

Now, why would one of Thailand’s wealthiest families send their attractive young daughter to study there? Brain power may not be involved and I am no education snob by any means.

But there are plenty of education snobs in Thailand. The current prime minister was born in England and attended Eton and got his bachelors and masters degrees from Oxford. Too bad that he turned out to be such a sucky prime minister. But he talks real good and has a pretty mouth.

I am so disgusted by this that I could spit fire. Surely, the Red Shirts can come up with a much better and respected Prime Minister candidate.

At the end of the day, there is only one stark reality – it is all a beauty contest and you have to vote for or against the people behind the beauty contestants. I think that applies to America too!

SoonerBread
5/11/2011, 03:50 AM
At the end of the day, there is only one stark reality – it is all a beauty contest and you have to vote for or against the people behind the beauty contestants. I think that applies to America too!

+1

Chuck Bao
5/11/2011, 04:40 AM
Oh wait...wait for it...wait for it...the Red Shirt leaders are all in jail...bail denied. I guess they could campaign from jail. One dude almost won a Bangkok election campaigning from his jail cell, no less. That is almost hero status in the provinces. Politics is such a farce that we can just laugh about it and keep on doing what we do the best that we can.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/11/2011, 05:06 AM
Chuck, How did she make her dough???

Chuck Bao
5/11/2011, 05:44 AM
Chuck, How did she make her dough???

From her brother (Thaksin - former Prime Minister who is currently in self-imposed exile) and who owned the leading cell phone company and satellite company and the cell phone company in Cambodia and Laos and...

Originally, the Shinawatra family is a Chinese family (Chin) from Chiang Mai and they are into the Thai silk industry.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/11/2011, 11:53 PM
From her brother (Thaksin - former Prime Minister who is currently in self-imposed exile) and who owned the leading cell phone company and satellite company and the cell phone company in Cambodia and Laos and...

Originally, the Shinawatra family is a Chinese family (Chin) from Chiang Mai and they are into the Thai silk industry.

Oh, from Thaksin's family. I don't see that going over too well...

yankee
5/12/2011, 12:12 AM
So move to America.