PDA

View Full Version : This is the "age" of Ron Paul...

TIMB0B
5/11/2011, 02:32 AM
dn4GnPqgF7Y

soonercruiser
5/11/2011, 10:03 AM
Juan Williams is still a talking head of the Left! (despite being dissed by NPR; he hasn't wised up). He was reasonable for a period of time after being fired at NPR.

But, he's back to his old ways. He has a vested interest in talking moderate Repubicans into coming up with a weak candidate who will not be able to beat the liberal black candidate - Obama.
Whenever he says something - I know that the opposite is probably the truth!
:rolleyes:

The
5/11/2011, 10:03 AM
75?

Aldebaran
5/11/2011, 10:06 AM
The way back is the way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future.

The Profit
5/11/2011, 10:13 AM
Juan Williams is still a talking head of the Left! (despite being dissed by NPR; he hasn't wised up). He was reasonable for a period of time after being fired at NPR.

But, he's back to his old ways. He has a vested interest in talking moderate Repubicans into coming up with a weak candidate who will not be able to beat the liberal black candidate - Obama.

The right winged wackos can have Juan Williams. He sold his soul years ago when he joined the Republican Propaganda Network. You guys can have him.

yermom
5/11/2011, 10:58 AM

i don't get why you "conservatives" hate Ron Paul so much

would you rather see Trump or Palin?

Aldebaran
5/11/2011, 10:59 AM
You forgot to mention the godfather huricane.

TIMB0B
5/11/2011, 11:01 AM

Reach down and grab your ears. Ron Paul has best chance against Obama (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/05/cnn-poll-still-no-front-runner-in-the-battle-for-the-gop-nomination/)

Tulsa_Fireman
5/11/2011, 11:02 AM
Because he's a dirty ISOLATIONIST

Which is just another word for New and Improved devil worship and puppy killing.

KantoSooner
5/11/2011, 11:06 AM
The repubs need to focus on the house and senate. With the current or potential field that is out there opposed to Obama, he'll get reelected in a landslide.
I mean seriously. Pawlenty? Gingrich? Palin? we're only four short of breaking into a chorus of "Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Work We Go".

AlboSooner
5/11/2011, 11:09 AM
The repubs need to focus on the house and senate. With the current or potential field that is out there opposed to Obama, he'll get reelected in a landslide.
I mean seriously. Pawlenty? Gingrich? Palin? we're only four short of breaking into a chorus of "Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Work We Go".

can't disagree with this

Aldebaran
5/11/2011, 11:18 AM
No way... I see people around here already celebrating the fact that Obama will be a one term wonder. They have to know something I don't know.

diverdog
5/11/2011, 11:39 AM
Reach down and grab your ears. Ron Paul has best chance against Obama (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/05/cnn-poll-still-no-front-runner-in-the-battle-for-the-gop-nomination/)

Timbob:

Ron Paul is unelectable. Here is some recent polling numbers:

The real estate mogul tied for fifth place in a Public Policy Polling survey of the 2012 Republican field released Tuesday (pdf). That's down from first place in PPP's April survey.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee was the leading preferred candidate among Republican voters, with 19 percent support in this week's survey. He was followed by former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney with 18 percent, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich with 13 percent, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin with 12 percent. Trump tied with Rep. Ron Paul of Texas at 8 percent.

His problem is that his support is a mile deep and an inch wide. Paul does not have the political infrastructure at this point to win. It could change but I doubt it.

TIMB0B
5/11/2011, 11:51 AM
Because he's a dirty ISOLATIONIST

Which is just another word for New and Improved devil worship and puppy killing.

Good Lord, where do people get their info, the media? He's not an isolationist, he's for free trade.

TIMB0B
5/11/2011, 11:55 AM
Timbob:

His problem is that his support is a mile deep and an inch wide. Paul does not have the political infrastructure at this point to win. It could change but I doubt it.
When Palin, Huck, and Trump officially drop out, his numbers will soar. This unelectable jargon just pisses me off. All it tells me is that people have given up on this country and have become too dependent on the government to give a **** anymore. They're fine with whoever as long as "they get their's."

delhalew
5/11/2011, 11:56 AM
Timbob:

Sorry, but when my mother and father, lifelong moderate democrats, have become Ron Paul supporters...I have to disagree.

Granted my folks are rare in that, they won't let selfishness and greed influence the decision to look out for their grandchildren's future.

crawfish
5/11/2011, 11:57 AM
Ron Paul will never get the nomination. No way he will cowtow to the wealthy support base of the RNC, and thus, they will not support him. The Tea Partiers are using his base and tapping into the energy he created, but in no way do they represent the radical ideas that make Paul appealing. They are old-style Republicans dressed in new clothes.

delhalew
5/11/2011, 12:18 PM
Ron Paul will never get the nomination. No way he will cowtow to the wealthy support base of the RNC, and thus, they will not support him. The Tea Partiers are using his base and tapping into the energy he created, but in no way do they represent the radical ideas that make Paul appealing. They are old-style Republicans dressed in new clothes.

Some are, some aren't. Don't underestimate what the people are ready for.

Fraggle145
5/11/2011, 12:31 PM
So I actually am starting to kind of like Paul.

What are his stances on healthcare, medicare, etc...?

TIMB0B
5/11/2011, 01:27 PM
So I actually am starting to kind of like Paul.

What are his stances on healthcare, medicare, etc...?
To get the federal government out of the industry, and let the local governments decide whether they want socialized care in their state. Basically he wants to get rid of all federal mandates and leave it up to each individual state to have their own laws i.e. the 10th Amendment. In essence, what states' rights does, is create competition between states.

Soonerman82
5/11/2011, 03:40 PM

This! The republican party is filled to the brim with neocons that will do anything to make sure Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination. Ron Paul's views pretty much are in line with my ideas especially on war on drugs which is a huge waste of money.

diverdog
5/11/2011, 03:55 PM
Sorry, but when my mother and father, lifelong moderate democrats, have become Ron Paul supporters...I have to disagree.

Granted my folks are rare in that, they won't let selfishness and greed influence the decision to look out for their grandchildren's future.

Del and Timbob:

What you have to understand about politics is that it is not so much about the man as it is about the machine. You have to have the boots on the ground infrastructure in the Iowa Caucus and the early primaries. Ron Paul does not have the money or the support to make a serious run for POTUS in the primaries at this time.

As someone also pointed out his views on Israel, which I agree with, are going to be the nail in his coffin in the Republican Party.

Fraggle145
5/11/2011, 05:28 PM
**** Israel.

yermom
5/11/2011, 05:33 PM
if they are God's chosen people, they shouldn't need our help :D

delhalew
5/11/2011, 06:19 PM
Del and Timbob:

What you have to understand about politics is that it is not so much about the man as it is about the machine. You have to have the boots on the ground infrastructure in the Iowa Caucus and the early primaries. Ron Paul does not have the money or the support to make a serious run for POTUS in the primaries at this time.

As someone also pointed out his views on Israel, which I agree with, are going to be the nail in his coffin in the Republican Party.

Oh, I know how it works too well. That's why I cut the strings of political parties. Today I choose not find cynical. Today I choose to believe Republicans can separate their heads from their asses. They are the only hope. I can't vote in their primary, may the force be you.

Talk to me tomorrow, and maybe I'll back in "we're all ****ed" mode.