PDA

View Full Version : OU/Tex Priority Point cutoff...

nativesooner
5/10/2011, 02:20 PM
Since I see this on here every year, I thought I'd ask...

Does anyone know what the cutoff will be for OU/Tex tickets this year? I believe last year it was 39 or so, and it goes up 1 or 2 points every year. Though this year I expect it to go up more because of the "you can be cool like the players and give 110%" campaign the Sooner Club used this year. Anyone know yet? Anyone even care? :D

OUMallen
5/10/2011, 02:32 PM
Does OU even know yet?

yermom
5/10/2011, 02:35 PM
if it only goes up 1-2 a year, then i'm golden

badger
5/10/2011, 02:55 PM
Thank you rich people of Sooner Nation for subsidizing the cost of me getting to attend OU football occasionally.

Thank you also to less-rich people of Sooner Nation who have season tickets, but sell them to me below face value outside the stadium because I can't afford season tickets.

Thank yous all around :)

yermom
5/10/2011, 03:10 PM
:mad:

i get enough points from attendance to stay ahead of 1-2 points

if i stopped getting Texas tickets, i'd have to think a little harder about renewing

fwsooner22
5/10/2011, 03:20 PM
:mad:

i get enough points from attendance to stay ahead of 1-2 points

if i stopped getting Texas tickets, i'd have to think a little harder about renewing

YUP YUP YUP

badger
5/10/2011, 03:29 PM
Do they tell you that you're getting Tex tickets before or after you send your money in for renewal?

I mean, do you receive your tickets and do they attach a note saying "You get to purchase X number of OU/Tex tickets this year!" or when asking for renewal, are they like "Your current priority points status entitles you to purchase X OU/Tex tickets with your season ticket renewal this year."

SoonerofAlabama
5/10/2011, 03:47 PM
Thank you rich people of Sooner Nation for subsidizing the cost of me getting to attend OU football occasionally.

Thank you also to less-rich people of Sooner Nation who have season tickets, but sell them to me below face value outside the stadium because I can't afford season tickets.

Are you admitting to purchasing merchandise from a scalper?:cool:

nativesooner
5/10/2011, 03:57 PM
Badj, Some folks get their renewals that say "and if you want, you can also get your X amount of Tex tickets!" or "your tickets are this much, and your tex tickets are this much for a grand total of" Unfortunately, most of us are just peeon donors who get the "let's wait and see what the REAL donors do!" treatment where we have to wait until all the renewals are in to see if we get them or not. We donated for 4 years before we got Texas tickets but we have gotten them ever since. It also depends on how much $$ you throw their way. Money talks....

badger
5/10/2011, 03:58 PM
Are you admitting to purchasing merchandise from a scalper?:cool:

I've never considered football tickets "merchandise."

But if you've never shopped Marshalls, Gordmans or Ross for OU merchadise, you are missing out on cheapo Sooner gear :)

nativesooner
5/10/2011, 03:59 PM
Does OU even know yet?

They just emailed today telling what our priority total for the new year is, so they should know now or very soon.... :) I'm about 90% sure I'm over the min.

SoonerofAlabama
5/10/2011, 04:03 PM
I've been to Marshalls for gear. I have several shirts and jerseys that say Oklahoma on them. Marshalls sells every major college too.

Bxbysooner
5/10/2011, 04:46 PM
They told me 32 points is what it takes to get a chance at getting tickets....most likely that wont get you tickets

agoo758
5/10/2011, 06:39 PM
I've never considered football tickets "merchandise."

But if you've never shopped Marshalls, Gordmans or Ross for OU merchadise, you are missing out on cheapo Sooner gear :)

Badger, has anyone other than Leroid tried to scalp you a sweaty XXL OU t-shirt outside the stadium?:eek:

Chiliman
5/10/2011, 06:53 PM
I don't have donor tix but have had 4 in the south end zone since '99. I've been able to get texass tix for 4 years now. I don't have a clue how many points I have.

Got my notice today. I have access to 4 more texass tickets. Anybody interested in buying any? ;)

texaspokieokie
5/11/2011, 07:24 AM

Leech !!!:D
we're not donors. we 1st got our season tix in 89, & got OU/tx tix every year
until OU won mnc. after that we've only gotten tx tickets once, about 2002.

i don't care, for some reason i'd rather watch that game @ home.
seems silly, make 6 trips to Norman, but not drive to dallas.
can't be over 15 to 20 miles, while norman = 185.
one way

East Coast Bias
5/11/2011, 09:10 AM
What do tickets cost if bought through normal channels? I want to attend this years game, have never been before. Is there any chance of getting tickets?I would be flying in from new Hampshire looking for 3 tickets.. Should I start saving cash now?

nativesooner
5/11/2011, 11:04 AM
What do tickets cost if bought through normal channels? I want to attend this years game, have never been before. Is there any chance of getting tickets?I would be flying in from new Hampshire looking for 3 tickets.. Should I start saving cash now?

Yep, better start saving now. Unless Tex is horrible again and you don't mind sitting on their side? The last few years pairs have been $400 - $600. You may have a harder time getting 3 together though? You can always take a chance and try to get some outside?