PDA

View Full Version : Reaching for my shoe, you people.

JDMT
5/10/2011, 08:34 AM
Is that like dropping the soap?

BudSooner
5/10/2011, 08:35 AM
Be warned, do not mock the Duke of David Earl.....it will end.

badly.

rekamrettuB
5/10/2011, 08:51 AM
You people?

Soonerfan88
5/10/2011, 09:04 AM
You people?

I've never understood why this is so offensive to folks. I've used it all my life as a type of hillbilly pronoun when referring to groups of any size or shape. For example, when discussing a past gathering with the hosts - "You people really know how to throw a party!" :confused:

rekamrettuB
5/10/2011, 09:09 AM
Y'all should be offensive too then.

BudSooner
5/10/2011, 09:10 AM
I've never understood why this is so offensive to folks. I've used it all my life as a type of hillbilly pronoun when referring to groups of any size or shape. For example, when discussing a past gathering with the hosts - "You people really know how to throw a party!" :confused:Or you people know how to **** up a good thread, you people sure like watermelon, you people better finish cutting my grass or i'll get the INS out here pronto, you people really enjoy wearing that puke orange? you people are still cowgirl fans?

Something like that?;)

JDMT
5/10/2011, 09:12 AM
you people really enjoy wearing that puke orange? you people are still cowgirl fans?

Something like that?;)

Yes, yes, oh, and yes.

Soonerfan88
5/10/2011, 09:22 AM
So if I see a family on a picnic in the park and they have 4 watermelons with them, I can't make a comment about them liking watermelon because it's offensive?

The problem here is a two-way street. A racist person used a common phrase in a racist way OR a racist/waaayyy too sensitive person interpreted an innocent statement in the wrong way. So now, no one else can ever use that phrase because two people decided it was racist. If you are trying, you can make almost any sentence or phrase racist just by intent.

And every thread gets jacked around here, good or not.