PDA

View Full Version : Divorced/Divorcing...

SoCaliSooner
5/9/2011, 06:56 PM
How many of you people fit into that category?

BillyBall
5/9/2011, 06:58 PM
Divorced.

2121Sooner
5/9/2011, 07:00 PM
I left my first wife because she had this crazy fetish.

She liked to dress up in her own clothes and act like a total b!tch.

Soonerfan88
5/9/2011, 07:06 PM
Don't marry them in the first place and you don't have to worry about it. :D

jk the sooner fan
5/9/2011, 07:06 PM
divorced, remarried

reflector
5/9/2011, 07:11 PM
I can honestly say that I have never been divorced.

Thaumaturge
5/9/2011, 07:14 PM

I'll take 72-78%..

Mongo
5/9/2011, 07:40 PM
Don't marry them in the first place and you don't have to worry about it. :D

truer words have never been posted

C&CDean
5/9/2011, 07:41 PM

Why do you ask?

SoCaliSooner
5/9/2011, 07:54 PM
Why do you ask?

Mere curiosity. None of my friends are divorced but most of the guys I work with are. The saying where I work is that within 5 years of hiring on you'd have a mustache, a boat or a divorce. Within 10 years you'd have 2 of the 3, and within 20, you're pretty much guaranteed the trifecta.

Mongo
5/9/2011, 07:56 PM
i'd opt for the mustache. I still cant grow a respectable one

SoCaliSooner
5/9/2011, 07:57 PM
i'd opt for the mustache. I still cant grow a respectable one

I got a boat...with 15 years on.

stoopified
5/9/2011, 07:58 PM
I can honestly say that I have never been divorced.Yeah.....but the smell uder your house is awful. :D
I am divorced,remarried

C&CDean
5/9/2011, 07:58 PM
Mere curiosity. None of my friends are divorced but most of the guys I work with are. The saying where I work is that within 5 years of hiring on you'd have a mustache, a boat or a divorce. Within 10 years you'd have 2 of the 3, and within 20, you're pretty much guaranteed the trifecta.

No offense brother, but when your old lady is into sucking face and baring her titties with the other girls/boys, your day is not "if" it's merely "when." Just sayin'.

SoCaliSooner
5/9/2011, 08:02 PM
No offense brother, but when your old lady is into sucking face and baring her titties with the other girls/boys, your day is not "if" it's merely "when." Just sayin'.

None taken. The trick is that I've dated women hotter than her, and chicks she knows. So she knows I can upgrade...but she'd rather have my line of duty death pension, benefits and life insurance and then run off with her personal trainer instead of only getting half.

StoopTroup
5/9/2011, 08:06 PM
And you are still married why?

GKeeper316
5/9/2011, 08:07 PM
i was never dumb enough to marry any of the random skanks i been with since high school (would have married one of em, but she decided to go to vegas and be a stripper).

charlie sheen said it best... the only reason a man gets married is if he has some sick compulsion to give away half his stuff.

StoopTroup
5/9/2011, 08:10 PM
Or if he's willing to see if she'll be willing to give away 1/2 of her stuff?

I think one of his Wives did pretty good.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51FBK83D9FL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

SoCaliSooner
5/9/2011, 08:14 PM
And you are still married why?

Been together 12 years...married 9. We rarely fight, never really yelled at each other and get along. Neither of us are jealous people and give each other space to pursue hobbies and interests. So.... I fail to see the reason to divorce.

StoopTroup
5/9/2011, 08:18 PM
Been together 12 years...married 9. We rarely fight, never really yelled at each other and get along. Neither of us are jealous people and give each other space to pursue hobbies and interests. So.... I fail to see the reason to divorce.

So then you are asking to make yourself feel better about someone else's misery?

StoopTroup
5/9/2011, 08:22 PM

Is the fact that you are presently beating the odds why you ask others to talk about things that more than likely wasn't to pleasant?

Seriously....with the amount of divorce we've seen in America....did you get married for the challenge of it or because you love her?

mgsooner
5/9/2011, 08:26 PM
Never been divorced, but rest assured if it happens this will be the first place I talk about it. ;)

C&CDean
5/9/2011, 08:27 PM
Never been divorced, but rest assured if it happens this will be the first place I talk about it. ;)

You and about 9 million others. Hey, it's cheap therapy.

StoopTroup
5/9/2011, 08:33 PM
I wish more ex-Wives would come here. That would really be fun.

SoCaliSooner
5/9/2011, 08:57 PM
Is the fact that you are presently beating the odds why you ask others to talk about things that more than likely wasn't to pleasant?

Seriously....with the amount of divorce we've seen in America....did you get married for the challenge of it or because you love her?

Had a chick I was engaged to that had a thing for cops and she was banging one of my deputy partners once I told her I was leaving the sheriffs department to go fire. Split up and spent the next nearly 6 years manwhoring and enjoy it. Took some time off from that because my head was a bit twisted about women. Met the wife, she hated me but heard good things from some of her friends I dated. We dated for 3 years, got married have 2 kids and that's my story.
I have pretty much no complaints. Like I said, most guys I work with trade up or get caught messing around...I was just wondering how many here have gone through it.

olevetonahill
5/9/2011, 08:59 PM
If i said I had 3 wives would some doosh bag here report me to the Marriage PoPos?

SoCaliSooner
5/9/2011, 09:01 PM
If i said I had 3 wives would some doosh bag here report me to the Marriage PoPos?

I'd assume you live in Utah and feel sorry for having to deal with 3.

jk the sooner fan
5/9/2011, 09:04 PM
i dont buy the whole "she knows i've dated hotter"

i'm not saying you havent...being a legend and all, i'm sure you have

but marriages dont last simply because of aesthetics - and i can give you plenty of examples of people with "pretty spouses" who cheated/strayed

you really think she stays because she knows you can "do better?"

warped imo......

SoCaliSooner
5/9/2011, 09:08 PM
i dont buy the whole "she knows i've dated hotter"

i'm not saying you havent...being a legend and all, i'm sure you have

but marriages dont last simply because of aesthetics - and i can give you plenty of examples of people with "pretty spouses" who cheated/strayed

you really think she stays because she knows you can "do better?"

warped imo......

I think she knows that after screwing around for 6 years and banging some attractive women, she knows that I am happy...we are happy. She is in no way an insecure chick, she just knows I am not drooling over every hot piece of a$$ on the beach trying to stick my dick in them.

purplecrayon
5/9/2011, 09:11 PM
Married 16 years here. Happily. Wouldnt trade and for those who know me as Opusrex (mods. Please change my name to Opusrex) she is hot as hell.

NCSooner18
divorced, remarried

Aldebaran
If you grow the mustache, they will come.

proud gonzo
5/9/2011, 09:15 PM
I think she knows that after screwing around for 6 years and banging some attractive women, she knows that I am happy...we are happy. She is in no way an insecure chick, she just knows I am not drooling over every hot piece of a$$ on the beach trying to stick my dick in them.
wow, that's romantic.

DRLSooner
5/9/2011, 09:16 PM
Dated for 3 years, married for more than 15 now. The "D" word has only surfaced 1 time during our marriage and that was during the first year when I was acting like a dickhead and hanging with my buddies a little too much.

Like SoCali, neither of us are too jealous (okay she is a little at times because I work with mostly women, but nothing too terrible), we each have our buddy time... mine is mostly sporting events and roadies with the boys, hers are road trips and scrapbooking with the hens (yes, we're party animals). This is big to me, seems that almost all of my buddies divorces have been because neither of them could trust each other, always freaking out about where the other is at all times.

I've got it pretty good, better than I probably deserve.

Mongo
5/9/2011, 09:18 PM
None taken. The trick is that I've dated women hotter than her, and chicks she knows. So she knows I can upgrade...but she'd rather have my line of duty death pension, benefits and life insurance and then run off with her personal trainer instead of only getting half.

I had the same deal with the ex. she knew I loved fat chicks, so she blew the **** up to keep me around.

SoCaliSooner
5/9/2011, 09:22 PM
wow, that's romantic.

Easy now. I booked her all day at a day spa in Huntington Beach yesterday. She's treated quite well.

GKeeper316
5/9/2011, 09:23 PM
"Garth, marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries!"

-Wayne Campbell

proud gonzo
5/9/2011, 10:01 PM
Easy now. I booked her all day at a day spa in Huntington Beach yesterday. She's treated quite well.
Which, I suppose, is why you used passive voice in that sentence, the way one might talk about a prisoner or pet.

Aldebaran
5/9/2011, 10:04 PM
Show us the way to the clitoris proud gonzo. Testify!

SoCaliSooner
5/9/2011, 10:07 PM
Which, I suppose, is why you used passive voice in that sentence, the way one might talk about a prisoner or pet.

Interesting. As a deputy I supervised inmates...and...I took my wife's cats to be euthanized.

So are you diagnosing us as headed for divorce...or will I be a widower?

BudSooner
5/9/2011, 10:08 PM
This thread is going to end well.

Or not.

SoonerNate
5/9/2011, 10:09 PM
The Governator and Maria Shriver are now separated

Ruh Roh
(http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-mew-arnold-maria-separate-20010510,0,961258.story)

proud gonzo
5/9/2011, 10:09 PM
Interesting. As a deputy I supervised inmates...and...I took my wife's cats to be euthanized.

So are you diagnosing us as headed for divorce...or will I be a widower?
I'm saying your phrasing betrays your dooshiness.

SoCaliSooner
5/9/2011, 10:13 PM
I'm saying your phrasing betrays your dooshiness.

Does that mean I am a doosh or not, because I think I am happy either way.

Blue
5/9/2011, 10:19 PM
PG owning SoCali....

Just walk away, bro. :D

SoCaliSooner
5/9/2011, 10:32 PM
PG owning SoCali....

Just walk away, bro. :D

Well, I am wondering her insight, like I said we're both happy, enjoy each other and I guess we're doing something wrong. Who knew? I guess true happiness can only be found by ones wife finding them a job. Luckily for me, we don't have that issue.

Blue
5/9/2011, 11:02 PM
Well, I am wondering her insight, like I said we're both happy, enjoy each other and I guess we're doing something wrong. Who knew? I guess true happiness can only be found by ones wife finding them a job. Luckily for me, we don't have that issue.

Your better than that. Aren't you?

proud gonzo
5/9/2011, 11:16 PM
I made no commentary on your relationship. I pointed out that the manner in which you speak about your wife reflects your character.

Also, your punctuation usage is subpar.

SoCaliSooner
5/9/2011, 11:20 PM
Your better than that. Aren't you?

I am just wondering if she might be projecting misplaced anger at me. Obviously all marriages and even divorces are different. Somehow peeps here seem to think, based on their responses, that I treat my wife bad and we are doomed to divorce. I just find it amusing.

Blue
5/9/2011, 11:25 PM
I am just wondering if she might be projecting misplaced anger at me. Obviously all marriages and even divorces are different. Somehow peeps here seem to think, based on their responses, that I treat my wife bad and we are doomed to divorce. I just find it amusing.

Post a pic and I'll decide this dispute.:texan:

StoopTroup
5/9/2011, 11:40 PM
she just knows I am not drooling over every hot piece of a$$ on the beach trying to stick my dick in them.

If she's done her share of sand secs....she knows how bad it is so she's probably not to worried unless you get them out in the Water. Still.....you don't wanna get a Man O'War on your Vienna Sausage for any kind of *** IMO

2121Sooner
5/9/2011, 11:40 PM

I have seen your boat.......upgrade that before you upgrade your wife

SoCaliSooner
5/9/2011, 11:42 PM
I have seen your boat.......upgrade that before you upgrade your wife

You know how I love pontoons...

2121Sooner
5/9/2011, 11:44 PM
I do too.....not gonna lie

StoopTroup
5/10/2011, 12:25 AM
Pontoons are for losers....

Catamarans are SEXY ! !

http://www.ahoist.net/wp-content/uploads/palmbeach-catamarans.jpg

Sooner_Tuf
5/10/2011, 12:32 AM

You start a thread implying you are on the road to divorce. You pretend you are indifferent one way or the other about here and say you can do better. Then you find it amusing that people reach a conclusion.

I have another version of who you are. I'd guess in reality you are insecure, p-whipped, and playing Captain Rico Suavee on the internet.

How long have you suspected that she is cheating on you? LoL

That's some amusing **** right there.

SoCaliSooner
5/10/2011, 12:41 AM
You start a thread implying you are on the road to divorce. You pretend you are indifferent one way or the other about here and say you can do better. Then you find it amusing that people reach a conclusion.

I have another version of who you are. I'd guess in reality you are insecure, p-whipped, and playing Captain Rico Suavee on the internet.

How long have you suspected that she is cheating on you? LoL

That's some amusing **** right there.
I didn't imply anything about a divorce for me at all. I made it clear from the beginning that we aren't divorcing or even really fight. My wife is attractive, I stated I have dated more attractive women but my wife has qualities others don't. It just seems many of the guys on here have been divorced and last week a poster mentioned he was getting a divorce and quite a few dudes jumped in mentioning their divorces.

oudavid1
5/10/2011, 02:09 AM
So then you are asking to make yourself feel better about someone else's misery?

Ha, i do this sh** all the time.

I wish more ex-Wives would come here. That would really be fun.

Instead they sent me.

Do you have an alligator?

olevetonahill
5/10/2011, 02:28 AM
Ha, i do this sh** all the time.

Instead they sent me.

Do you have an alligator?

If I ever get another I wont say anything about it here.:D

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2011, 07:18 AM
I didn't imply anything about a divorce for me at all. I made it clear from the beginning that we aren't divorcing or even really fight. My wife is attractive, I stated I have dated more attractive women but my wife has qualities others don't. It just seems many of the guys on here have been divorced and last week a poster mentioned he was getting a divorce and quite a few dudes jumped in mentioning their divorces.

so another "i'm better than you" post?

Tin Cup
5/10/2011, 07:28 AM
Divorced, already lost half my chit. Not gonna let that happen again.

KantoSooner
5/10/2011, 08:00 AM
Married 17 years. One beautiful daughter on the scoreboard. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. We can still talk and haven't argued over much of anything. She got what was left after my adventure in semiconductor entrepreneurship proved to be a bit behind optimum timing.

Now divorced and healthier than I've been in close to 20 years. I won't rule marriage out in the future, but there's a certain joy in being able to sleep outside as the firepit burns down that you just can't really do if you're 'with' someone.

My Opinion Matters
5/10/2011, 08:00 AM
I'm saving myself for Johnny Mack.

Gunga Galunga
5/10/2011, 08:11 AM
Okies critiquing marriages. Now that is irony.
If you sons a bitches would just listen to Bobbie Burbridge Lane this **** would not happen.

87sooner
5/10/2011, 08:23 AM
married almost 18 years....
i have no doubt it will be for life...

royalfan5
5/10/2011, 08:40 AM
I have a houseplant.

SoCaliSooner
5/10/2011, 08:46 AM
Divorced, already lost half my chit. Not gonna let that happen again.

You need/deserve a sugar momma.

Fish&Game
5/10/2011, 08:49 AM
Happily married for 15 years now.

BudSooner
5/10/2011, 08:51 AM
20yrs here, almost ended twice, but I agreed to stop masturbating 8 times a day so...everything is cool now.

KuppiKunta
5/10/2011, 08:55 AM
Both my parents have been thru multiple divorces. None for me and I've been married almost 17 years.

SoCaliSooner
5/10/2011, 08:57 AM
My folks were married 40, but at 12 years in we were living temporarily in Florida, my mother was unhappy and they discussed divorce but they didn't. As far as I know, that's the closest my immediate family was affected by divorce.

GDC
5/10/2011, 09:05 AM
I lost count years ago...

DRLSooner
5/10/2011, 09:09 AM
My folks were married 40, but at 12 years in we were living temporarily in Florida, my mother was unhappy and they discussed divorce but they didn't. As far as I know, that's the closest my immediate family was affected by divorce.

Same here, kinda.. well not really I guess. Dad got tired of moms **** and went to Dallas to work for a year. It was 3x the cash he was pulling down in OKC so it made for a convenient excuse, but I knew why he left (even though I was only 9). They survived it, but not without a ton of resentment on both sides. They really should have just done it, as they still really cant stand each other to this day.

Its the craziest thing I've ever seen, 2 people who basically despise each other living under the same roof and basically ignoring each other, unless their grandkids are present and then it appears to be Ward and June Cleaver. They literally dont speak unless the kiddos are there or theyre going out to dinner. Unreal.

Theyve each threatened it (mostly to me) a couple of times a year but neither has ever had the balls to pull the trigger.

87sooner
5/10/2011, 09:14 AM
Same here, kinda.. well not really I guess. Dad got tired of moms **** and went to Dallas to work for a year. It was 3x the cash he was pulling down in OKC so it made for a convenient excuse, but I knew why he left (even though I was only 9). They survived it, but not without a ton of resentment on both sides. They really should have just done it, as they still really cant stand each other to this day.

Its the craziest thing I've ever seen, 2 people who basically despise each other living under the same roof and basically ignoring each other, unless their grandkids are present and then it appears to be Ward and June Cleaver. They literally dont speak unless the kiddos are there or theyre going out to dinner. Unreal.

Theyve each threatened it (mostly to me) a couple of times a year but neither has ever had the balls to pull the trigger.

interesting...
my parents are similar..
my dad suspected my mom was cheating on him altho i'm pretty sure it never got that far...
40+ years later....still married...but the kind of relationship they've had....i almost look forward to their deaths...well....sort of....

Turd_Ferguson
5/10/2011, 09:24 AM
The key to a good marriage is to PIITB once in a while...

SoCaliSooner
5/10/2011, 09:27 AM
The key to a good marriage is to PITTB once in a while...

This is knowledge that needs knowing.

3rdgensooner
5/10/2011, 09:32 AM
Do you mean PIITB?

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2011, 09:33 AM
if you've been thru a nasty divorce once - go thru it a second time!

SoCaliSooner
5/10/2011, 09:33 AM
I figured the other T meant "through".

2121Sooner
5/10/2011, 09:35 AM
Do you mean PIITB?

No, he was talking about a bullet.

Put it through their brain

JDMT
5/10/2011, 09:37 AM
Do you mean PIITB?

You game?

3rdgensooner
5/10/2011, 09:38 AM
I figured the other T meant "through".
That begs the question: How often does he let her strap it on?

No, he was talking about a bullet.

Put it through their brain
But would you do that "once in a while" or "once".

Aldebaran
5/10/2011, 09:38 AM

Be careful. I got into trouble for talking about sex earlier in this very thread. That kind of conversation may not be welcome here.

purplecrayon
5/10/2011, 09:54 AM
Be careful. I got into trouble for talking about sex earlier in this very thread. That kind of conversation may not be welcome here.

and the thread comes full circle back to "pegging"

dynersooner
5/10/2011, 09:55 AM
I made no commentary on your relationship. I pointed out that the manner in which you speak about your wife reflects your character.

OH HAIL, OH HAIL, OH HAIL NAW!!!!!!!!!

The Maestro
5/10/2011, 09:56 AM
I've never understood how ANYONE gets married a second time...why? I mean, if you are a religious person you have already broken the sacred vow so what does it matter if you just live with someone? If you aren't a religious person why the hell would you want to get married in the first place or again?

Men that marry over and over again....that is a study I want to see. Mommy issues, I assume. Not saying it about everyone--but if you sucked at it once, knew that over time you were going to grow apart...why the hell would you want to rinse and repeat?

I'm almost 15 years into my one and only marriage. We have gone through serious rough spots but I don't see divorce as an option even when it seems like I am miserable. Three kids that I do not want to lose and half of my income is not liveable. Plus, you don't get rid of someone you have kids with...they just become more of a pain in the ***...so deal with the problems and move forward.

If no kids...hell yeah, get a divorce if miserable. But don't marry again expecting some newfound greatness at it. There is a lot to be said for freedom to go wherever, whenever without any accountability.

dynersooner
5/10/2011, 09:58 AM

btw, your use of the words "subpar" is sub par.

just sayin...

tator
5/10/2011, 09:58 AM
I've never understood how ANYONE gets married a second time...why? I mean, if you are a religious person you have already broken the sacred vow so what does it matter if you just live with someone? If you aren't a religious person why the hell would you want to get married in the first place or again?

Men that marry over and over again....that is a study I want to see. Mommy issues, I assume. Not saying it about everyone--but if you sucked at it once, knew that over time you were going to grow apart...why the hell would you want to rinse and repeat?

I'm almost 15 years into my one and only marriage. We have gone through serious rough spots but I don't see divorce as an option even when it seems like I am miserable. Three kids that I do not want to lose and half of my income is not liveable. Plus, you don't get rid of someone you have kids with...they just become more of a pain in the ***...so deal with the problems and move forward.

If no kids...hell yeah, get a divorce if miserable. But don't marry again expecting some newfound greatness at it. There is a lot to be said for freedom to go wherever, whenever without any accountability.
This is a ridiculous opinion by someone that has no idea what they are talking about.

proud gonzo
5/10/2011, 09:59 AM

that's assuming the problem is marriage itself and not the two people that were married.

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2011, 10:01 AM

really?

proud gonzo
5/10/2011, 10:02 AM

just sayin...
Actually it's not. "Sub" is a prefix and, according to the Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition, does not require a hyphen or a space. Thanks for trying.

The Maestro
5/10/2011, 10:06 AM
This is a ridiculous opinion by someone that has no idea what they are talking about.

I've been married almost 15 years and was separated attempting divorce about halfway through it...and I am happily reconciled...

So how do I have no idea what I am talking about? Cause I haven't gotten divorced?

Besides, this is just my opinion. I would never want a second wife. Sorry that is just hard for you guys to figure out. Get married three or four times and maybe you will find the right way to do it.

It's not everyone's solution or mindset...just mine. Relax. If you have been divorced and re-married and it is just awesome, good for you. If you have kids with the first wife, you still have tough stuff to deal with.

My Opinion Matters
5/10/2011, 10:07 AM
Maestro, I like you, but you're a better poster when you don't say stuff. This is really embarassing for you.

KantoSooner
5/10/2011, 10:08 AM
Well Maestro, you got body slammed. Folks, lighten up. It's divorce, not capital murder. If you don't want to be married to someone, and it's to the point where it seriously negatively impacts every one around you, hie yourself to a lawyer. And keep any kids first and foremost in mind.

And seriously consider not getting married again.

But it's not like some crime or something.

Aldebaran
5/10/2011, 10:09 AM
I can understand how someone would feel the burn of the first marriage enough to not want to enter into that kind of officially binding relationship again. It's not like you can't love someone without getting married to prove it (especially if you're gay).

The Maestro
5/10/2011, 10:10 AM
Maestro, I like you, but you're a better poster when you don't say stuff. This is really embarassing for you.

MOM...I don't have a feeling at all for you, like or dislike. You are a internet message board stranger. And your opinion doesn't matter. I'm not sure what everyone is up in arms about.

Oh, well...touchy sensitive men club. Kinda ghey.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/10/2011, 10:11 AM
been married for 9 years but I get the feeling I'm not much more than a trophy husband for my average wife

C&CDean
5/10/2011, 10:11 AM
Actually it's not. "Sub" is a prefix and, according to the Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition, does not require a hyphen or a space. Thanks for trying.

Maybe that'll teach dyner to climb down off his little white knight pony. But prolly not.

dynersooner
5/10/2011, 10:12 AM

Use the 17th Edition, noob!

side note, are you familiar with what a "Gonzo" film entails?

i can honestly say i giggle every time i read your user handle...

TIA

BudSooner
5/10/2011, 10:14 AM
been married for 9 years but I get the feeling I'm not much more than a trophy husband for my average wife:D

stoops the eternal pimp
5/10/2011, 10:15 AM
I stay with her even though she dresses like a hobo

WichitaSooner
5/10/2011, 10:18 AM
I've been married almost 15 years and was separated attempting divorce about halfway through it...and I am happily reconciled...

So how do I have no idea what I am talking about? Cause I haven't gotten divorced?

That's EXACTLY why you don't know what you are talking about. lol. I remember the days when I lived in the same glass house you do now... it was such a cut and dry place...

Just hope you don't ever know...

Aldebaran
5/10/2011, 10:18 AM
Fact: Jesus clubs a baby seal any time folks engage in grammar smack on an internets message board. Everyone loses (especially baby seals).

soonerchk
5/10/2011, 10:19 AM
Had a chick I was engaged to that had a thing for cops and she was banging one of my deputy partners once I told her I was leaving the sheriffs department to go fire. Split up and spent the next nearly 6 years manwhoring and enjoy it. Took some time off from that because my head was a bit twisted about women. Met the wife, she hated me but heard good things from some of her friends I dated. We dated for 3 years, got married have 2 kids and that's my story.
I have pretty much no complaints. Like I said, most guys I work with trade up or get caught messing around...I was just wondering how many here have gone through it.

Was that the chick who threw all your stuff out the window?

*still reading, this may have already been asked and answered*

3rdgensooner
5/10/2011, 10:20 AM
Everyone loses (especially baby seals).Have you confirmed this? Do you actually know everyone?

BudSooner
5/10/2011, 10:24 AM
I stay with her even though she dresses like a hobo
Does she have a shotgun?:confused:

proud gonzo
Use the 17th Edition, noob!

side note, are you familiar with what a "Gonzo" film entails?

i can honestly say i giggle every time i read your user handle...

TIA
The 16th edition is the newest version.

:rolleyes: Giggle all you want, asswipe. Yes, I know what "gonzo" film is, and my handle has nothing to do with that. "Gonzo" journalism was first used to describe Hunter S. Thompson's style of writing. "Gonzo" is also a Muppet. "Proud" refers to my two years in the Pride marching band.

Mississippi Sooner
I hate baby seals.

soonerchk
5/10/2011, 10:25 AM
Married 16 years here. Happily. Wouldnt trade and for those who know me as Opusrex (mods. Please change my name to Opusrex) she is hot as hell.

And she's a saint.

If you grow the mustache, they will come.

It's the beard

Happily married for 15 years now.

Because she's a saint and you'd never survive without her.

just sayin...

Grammar smack from Dyner, it's how you know you've hit rock bottom.

Aldebaran
5/10/2011, 10:28 AM
Have you confirmed this? Do you actually know everyone?

I'm going on solid 3rd party hearsay and the name Jesus. What's not to believe?

The Maestro
That's EXACTLY why you don't know what you are talking about. lol. I remember the days when I lived in the same glass house you do now... it was such a cut and dry place...

Just hope you don't ever know...

Did you really laugh out loud? Doesn't seem like the right time to.

Fine. I'm 40 and have known hundreds of people who have gone through divorce...some learned from it...some didn't...some run within six months right back into a serious relationship or marriage thinking that will fix it...only to be running right back into a new set of problems.

And I'm not in a glass house throwing stones. If you want to get married 15 times be my guest. My thought process...at least for me...is "why would anyone want to do that?"

Oh, well...enough from me, the non-divorced guy. Good luck to you all. Relationships are hard. I would just avoid too many legal one's that can cause you nightmares.

KuppiKunta
"Proud" refers to my two years in the Pride marching band.

This explains so much.

3rdgensooner
5/10/2011, 10:30 AM
I'm going on solid 3rd party hearsay and the name Jesus. What's not to believe?
Dinosaur Jesus or Buddy Jesus?

C&CDean
5/10/2011, 10:30 AM
This explains so much.

Really? Expound.

Aldebaran
5/10/2011, 10:31 AM
This explains so much.

Don't be a **** gobbling dildo munching fluffer with an anal bead necklace. This place has standards.

Aldebaran
5/10/2011, 10:32 AM
Dinosaur Jesus or Buddy Jesus? I don't know if He road dinosaurs. I wasn't there.

Thaumaturge
Only people who have divorced can have valid opinions about divorce.

Divorce, here, is of course a code-word for abortion.

jk the sooner fan
so wait

the marching band now allows muppets?

3rdgensooner
5/10/2011, 10:34 AM
I don't know if He road dinosaurs. I wasn't there.

Last edited by Aldebaran : 5/10/2011 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Holy capitalization for the masses. Dude, you should have edited more. You are sooooo gonna get smacked.

TMcGee86
5/10/2011, 10:34 AM

Fine. I'm 40 and have known hundreds of people who have gone through divorce...some learned from it...some didn't...some run within six months right back into a serious relationship or marriage thinking that will fix it...only to be running right back into a new set of problems.

And I'm not in a glass house throwing stones. If you want to get married 15 times be my guest. My thought process...at least for me...is "why would anyone want to do that?"

Oh, well...enough from me, the non-divorced guy. Good luck to you all. Relationships are hard. I would just avoid too many legal one's that can cause you nightmares.

FWIW, I agreed with everything you said. Not real sure why it caused such an uproar.

The Maestro
5/10/2011, 10:38 AM
FWIW, I agreed with everything you said. Not real sure why it caused such an uproar.

Me, either. Shoulders with chips, I guess.

BudSooner
5/10/2011, 10:40 AM
Don't be a **** gobbling dildo munching fluffer with an anal bead necklace. This place has standards.
Please refrain from describing Lid, it's been known to make small children cry.

dynersooner
5/10/2011, 10:41 AM
The 16th edition is the newest version.

:rolleyes: Giggle all you want, asswipe. Yes, I know what "gonzo" film is, and my handle has nothing to do with that. "Gonzo" journalism was first used to describe Hunter S. Thompson's style of writing. "Gonzo" is also a Muppet. "Proud" refers to my two years in the Pride marching band.

dean, can i call her an asswipe, or some equally offensive pejorative, as well?

seems like she was being a slight dick, but i'll let you be the judge of dicks.

TIA.

SoCaliSooner
5/10/2011, 10:42 AM
Was that the chick who threw all your stuff out the window?

*still reading, this may have already been asked and answered*

No. That chick was a one nighter I let stay at my place when I went to work the next day.

soonerchk
5/10/2011, 10:44 AM
No. That chick was a one nighter I let stay at my place when I went to work the next day.

It's hard to keep track of your crazy slutty exes.

WichitaSooner
5/10/2011, 10:46 AM

I actually agree more with you than I led on... I don't get why someone would get married multiple times...

But, unless you've been through it, you really don't know what it's like... and it's pretty naive to say something like

"I'm almost 15 years into my one and only marriage. We have gone through serious rough spots but I don't see divorce as an option even when it seems like I am miserable."

I certainly love the pollyanna feel of your sentiment, and even agree with it whole heartedly in concept.... HOWEVER, it's not always YOUR option to keep the marriage alive... and if you don't have kids yet, and still want them... well, then it's either kids out of wedlock with some crazy chick you won't marry (real healthy) or re-marriage...

So yeah, I did laugh out loud before....

2121Sooner
5/10/2011, 10:48 AM

It's kind of like being a true Sooner fan. Unless you have been divorced your comments arent necessary on this thread.

emiryte????

The Maestro
5/10/2011, 10:49 AM
HOWEVER, it's not always YOUR option to keep the marriage alive... and if you don't have kids yet, and still want them... well, then it's either kids out of wedlock with some crazy chick you won't marry (real healthy) or re-marriage...

Couldn't agree more with that scenario. Now wanting kids? Don't get me started on that! ;)

KuppiKunta
Really? Expound.

(&(*& (*&%$^ $^$#$ ) ( &*& ##@$ #$%^@ @#% @#$#@ @$%^ @#$%% (*&^& &**&( +_)_(&.

Didn't wanna get banned this week, so you'll have to decipher on your own.

jk the sooner fan
how on earth would you be able to tell with true certainty - how you'd feel AFTER you've been divorced - if you've never been down that road?

you can suggest all you want - but people do things they swore they'd never do ALL THE TIME

soonerchk
5/10/2011, 10:50 AM
how on earth would you be able to tell with true certainty - how you'd feel AFTER you've been divorced - if you've never been down that road?

you can suggest all you want - but people do things they swore they'd never do ALL THE TIME

Never say never because sure as sh!t you'll wind up doing what you swore you'd never do.

Aldebaran
5/10/2011, 10:51 AM
but people do things they swore they'd never do ALL THE TIME

How did you get away from that supervisor who used to lean in on you? And promoted, too? :pop:

purplecrayon
5/10/2011, 10:53 AM

I feel a San Fran bathhouse story coming on...

TMcGee86
5/10/2011, 10:53 AM
It's kind of like being a true Sooner fan. Unless you have been divorced your comments arent necessary on this thread.

emiryte????

I don't have to jump off a building to know I won't like how it feels when I hit the ground.

I could see uproar if he had said "YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS I WOULD NEVER GET MARRIED AGAIN BECAUSE I KNOW FOR A FACT HOW I WOULD FEEL..."

or something along those lines. But he just gave his opinion on what he's seen in his own life. I'm not saying people can't disagree with what he says, but I just didn't take it to be quite as offensive as many others seemingly did.

sooner_born_1960
5/10/2011, 10:56 AM
Kinda like that idiot who thinks you have to have done drugs to have an opinion on drugs.

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2011, 10:57 AM
How did you get away from that supervisor who used to lean in on you? And promoted, too? :pop:

i dont work there anymore

keep up

BudSooner
5/10/2011, 10:57 AM

Damn straight, cheering for Texas vs USC is a prime example.

Please excuse me whilst I throweth up.:eek:

The Maestro
5/10/2011, 10:58 AM

I understand. However, as a life lesson goes...

George Clooney way of life >>>>> Larry King's 7 marriages

jk the sooner fan
I don't have to jump off a building to know I won't like how it feels when I hit the ground.

I could see uproar if he had said "YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS I WOULD NEVER GET MARRIED AGAIN BECAUSE I KNOW FOR A FACT HOW I WOULD FEEL..."

or something along those lines. But he just gave his opinion on what he's seen in his own life. I'm not saying people can't disagree with what he says, but I just didn't take it to be quite as offensive as many others seemingly did.

1. you won't ever remember how "it feels' to hit the ground after jumping form a building
b. it's not likely you'll be able to do it a second time

jk the sooner fan
I understand. However, as a life lesson goes...

George Clooney way of life >>>>> Larry King's 7 marriages

what works for one - doesnt work for all

Aldebaran
5/10/2011, 11:00 AM
PEEM me an updated resume. TIA.

SoCaliSooner
5/10/2011, 11:13 AM
Never say never because sure as sh!t you'll wind up doing what you swore you'd never do.

Whoa. Only one ex was slutty and she now lives in Idaho. One nighters are all slutty, hence they will bang a dude on the first date or sometimes without even taking them out.

Those are f*** puppets...and a f*** puppet trashed my stuff/house.

The Maestro
5/10/2011, 11:14 AM
what works for one - doesnt work for all

True, but Clooney has endured less headache and that smile is fairly genuine, I assume.

Anyway, if you do find yourself considering marriage...a first, second or third time...make sure you read this and make sure these things just aren't that important to you...cause they are all about to go bye bye...

http://www.askmen.com/top_10/dating_60/76_dating_list.html

3rdgensooner
5/10/2011, 11:16 AM

Those are all reasons I like being single.

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2011, 11:17 AM
askmen.com - now there's a resource rooted in research

soonerchk
5/10/2011, 11:18 AM
#5 for the win. My home is a no farting zone.

OutlandTrophy
5/10/2011, 11:19 AM
I love being married. I don't see myself ever getting divorced.

I doubt anyone that is divorced saw themselves getting divorced either.

The Maestro
5/10/2011, 11:21 AM
askmen.com - now there's a resource rooted in research

It doesn't have to be scientific to be fairly easy to figure out.

It's almost like you are mad that someone could be single and happy. I'm happily married but my wife and I both are not afraid to admit the single life has a lot of upside to it.

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2011, 11:23 AM
It doesn't have to be scientific to be fairly easy to figure out.

It's almost like you are mad that someone could be single and happy. I'm happily married but my wife and I both are not afraid to admit the single life has a lot of upside to it.

mad? lol - hardly - if you're single and happy - more power to you

i just think your comments about second marriages are specific to you and shouldnt be applied across the male population with such a broad brush

BudSooner
5/10/2011, 11:26 AM
#5 for the win. My home is a no farting zone.Heh, we would never get along then.
:D

DRLSooner
5/10/2011, 11:28 AM
interesting...
my parents are similar..
my dad suspected my mom was cheating on him altho i'm pretty sure it never got that far...
40+ years later....still married...but the kind of relationship they've had....i almost look forward to their deaths...well....sort of....

As horrible as that looks/sounds to most, I know exactly what youre talking about. I've told my wife many times that my life will be so much easier when theyre both gone.

They hate each other, which makes them hate their lives, which makes them intolerable to everyone theyre around and I get to hear about it from everyone.

The good side of it is that growing up in such a crappy situation it made me swear that I would never put my kids through that kind of crap. I heard those 2 idiots scream and cuss at one another on a daily basis for 17 years. My wife and I havent raised our voices at each other since we were 18 and dating :D

DIB
5/10/2011, 11:31 AM
Those are all reasons I like being single.

Do you...uh...want to be single together?

KuppiKunta
5/10/2011, 11:37 AM
#5 for the win. My home is a no farting zone.

Bull****!! If I can fart in church, surely I can fart in your house!

tator
5/10/2011, 11:42 AM
I love being married. I don't see myself ever getting divorced.

Tempered and open-minded thinking isn't allowed here. We only accept fitting everyone into the category we have already created for them.

How dare you.

The Maestro
5/10/2011, 11:44 AM
i just think your comments about second marriages are specific to you and shouldnt be applied across the male population with such a broad brush

I never intend any comment I make to be a sweeping generalization that applies to everyone. Maybe "in general"...but never "this rule applies to all."

Damn. Still more than 17 weeks till football. Can we ALL agree that is depressing??? :(

purplecrayon
5/10/2011, 11:53 AM
True, but Clooney has endured less headache and that smile is fairly genuine, I assume.

Anyway, if you do find yourself considering marriage...a first, second or third time...make sure you read this and make sure these things just aren't that important to you...cause they are all about to go bye bye...

I do all of those things now. #WINNING!

SoCaliSooner
5/10/2011, 11:57 AM
I do all of those things now. #WINNING!

I would say most of those apply here too. We have our own checking accounts and have never argued about money. Best advice a happily married guy gave me.

Aldebaran
5/10/2011, 12:10 PM
Whoa. Only one ex was slutty and she now lives in Idaho. One nighters are all slutty, hence they will bang a dude on the first date or sometimes without even taking them out.

Because you talk about women as if they are **** puppets on an internets message board, I can tell that you have character issues.

JDMT
5/10/2011, 12:15 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t267/jdmt37/sock-puppet.jpg

My f*** puppet.

Aldebaran
5/10/2011, 12:16 PM
He/She/It looks so happy.

Luckkkky bastage.

StoopTroup
5/10/2011, 12:18 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t267/jdmt37/sock-puppet.jpg

My f*** puppet.

i like Blondes too.

JDMT
5/10/2011, 12:21 PM
He/She/It looks so happy.

Luckkkky bastage.

He/She/It Loves me very much.

BudSooner
5/10/2011, 12:21 PM
I never intend any comment I make to be a sweeping generalization that applies to everyone. Maybe "in general"...but never "this rule applies to all."

Damn. Still more than 17 weeks till football. Can we ALL agree that is depressing??? :(Wanna see depressing?

Linda Hamilton from many years ago....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NMUZfRr71Yk/SbAGsW3krqI/AAAAAAAADOg/fHR2JnDirZA/s400/lindahamilton.jpg
Nice eh??

How about now? :D

http://www.celebritysmackblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/linda-hamilton-51.jpg:D

The Maestro
5/10/2011, 12:23 PM
Is Linda Hamilton starring in "The Robert Redford Story"?

soonerchk
5/10/2011, 12:23 PM
She should have used sunscreen.

Aldebaran
5/10/2011, 12:25 PM
Wanna see depressing?

Linda Hamilton from many years ago....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NMUZfRr71Yk/SbAGsW3krqI/AAAAAAAADOg/fHR2JnDirZA/s400/lindahamilton.jpg
Nice eh?

How about now? :D

http://www.celebritysmackblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/linda-hamilton-51.jpg:D

She's already dead!!! Do you hear me?!?! SHE'S ALREADY DEAD!!!!!!

I'd still hit it, FWIW & FML

SoCaliSooner
5/10/2011, 12:28 PM
Is Linda Hamilton starring in "The Robert Redford Story"?

Excellence In Posting Award nominee...

BudSooner
5/10/2011, 12:47 PM
She's already dead!!! Do you hear me?!?! SHE'S ALREADY DEAD!!!!!!

I'd still hit it, FWIW & FML
Damn, lmao.....I probably would too.:P

The Maestro
5/10/2011, 01:22 PM
Think about it. Maria Shriver taking on that look as well these days. Maybe Arnold does it to them!

SunnySooner
5/10/2011, 01:34 PM
She should have used sunscreen.

No ****. My mom is old enough to be Linda H.'s mom, and she doesn't have a fraction of those wrinkles. Dang, she could prolly go ahead and use a little of that James Cameron money on a Lifestyle Lift, I'm not usually a big facelift fan, but at this point, it couldn't look much worse. She's way too young to look THAT old. Yikes.

C&CDean
5/10/2011, 02:24 PM
It ain't the sun people. The dumb bitch was (and probably still is) a chain smoker. I remember reading some **** when she was working out for her Terminator role. She'd do some sit ups, push ups, then smoke 3 cigs. 2-3 packs of cigs a day will make any woman look like 40-miles of dirt road.

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2011, 02:26 PM
It ain't the sun people. The dumb bitch was (and probably still is) a chain smoker. I remember reading some **** when she was working out for her Terminator role. She'd do some sit ups, push ups, then smoke 3 cigs. 2-3 packs of cigs a day will make any woman look like 40-miles of dirt road.

yep

Thaumaturge
5/10/2011, 02:28 PM

Exactly.

Smokers will invariably look as wretched and contaminated on the outside as they are on the inside (both in body and soul).

KantoSooner
5/10/2011, 02:28 PM
Doesn't make us guys look good, either. Some seriously pure negative nonsense, tobacco is.

C&CDean
5/10/2011, 02:29 PM
Hey look. Something we can all agree on. Except the vet. He loves him some cigs.

The
5/10/2011, 02:30 PM
Exactly.

Smokers will invariably look as wretched and contaminated on the outside as they are on the inside (both in body and soul).

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs43/f/2009/104/8/7/My_name_is_Boxxy___by_DittoAI.jpg

AlboSooner
5/10/2011, 02:32 PM
I agree.

Exactly.

This

DIB
5/10/2011, 02:36 PM
Hey vet, wanna go burn one while these nerds judge us?

The
5/10/2011, 02:41 PM
People that don't smoke are terrible and everything that is wrong with the world.

purplecrayon
5/10/2011, 02:42 PM
the world is my ashtray

JDMT
5/10/2011, 02:45 PM
Chicks that smoke will f@*k on the first date.

Blue
5/10/2011, 02:45 PM
Exactly.

Really? My soul is contaminated? Overdramatize much?

Cheez-It
5/10/2011, 02:46 PM

That doesn't just apply to chicks that smoke....just FYI!

jk the sooner fan
i quit smoking in 96

DIB

If she smokes; she pokes

The
5/10/2011, 02:47 PM

Every time I see your username, this is all I can think of:

68ugkg9RePc

And yes, I am aware that nobody watches youtube videos.

AlboSooner
5/10/2011, 02:48 PM

yup. this

Blue
5/10/2011, 02:50 PM
Every time I see your username, this is all I can think of:

68ugkg9RePc

And yes, I am aware that nobody watches youtube videos.

I made it about 37 seconds. :D

Yeah, drunk in 03' and just watched Old School when i registered. Poor choice. "You're my boy blue!"

Blue
yup. this

Yes my soul is contaminated or yes he over-dramatized?

The
I made it about 37 seconds. :D

Yeah, drunk in 03' and just watched Old School when i registered. Poor choice. "You're my boy blue!"

Yabodee Yaboda yabodee yabodah

3rdgensooner
5/10/2011, 02:52 PM
That doesn't just apply to chicks that smoke....just FYI!whore

AlboSooner
5/10/2011, 02:52 PM
Yes my soul is contaminated or yes he over-dramatized?

I agree

Blue
5/10/2011, 02:54 PM
I agree

heh.

DIB
5/10/2011, 02:54 PM
Yabodee Yaboda yabodee yabodah

That is now stuck in my head, you dickknuckle

dynersooner
5/10/2011, 03:08 PM
purplecrayon regularly burns holes in his clothes driving and smoking. and i find that HI-larious.

only in tulsa...

SoCaliSooner
5/10/2011, 03:18 PM
So...are people no longer divorced or divorcing in this thread?

ByrnHoustonsSweatyPalms
5/10/2011, 04:26 PM
Been married 32 years and never divorced. That being said if something happened and I was widowed, I don't think I would remarry. I might consider loading up the Model T, moving to Beverly and looking up Socalis wife. She might through me a pity ****.

StoopTroup
5/10/2011, 04:43 PM
Been married 32 years and never divorced. That being said if something happened and I was widowed, I don't think I would remarry. I might consider loading up the Model T, moving to Beverly and looking up Socalis wife. She might through me a pity ****.

Or maybe even throw you a pity ****.

jk the sooner fan
5/10/2011, 04:55 PM
That doesn't just apply to chicks that smoke....just FYI!

go on.....

StoopTroup
5/10/2011, 04:58 PM
That is now stuck in my head, you dickknuckle

Dr. Dickknuckle has a better ring to it than Dr. The.

Thaumaturge
5/10/2011, 06:35 PM

Addiction is a cancer of the soul.

But I would expect you to take it lightly. That's part of the problem.

Blue
5/10/2011, 07:08 PM
Addiction is a cancer of the soul.

But I would expect you to take it lightly. That's part of the problem.

So you're trolling?

Thaumaturge
5/10/2011, 07:24 PM
So you're trolling?

If that's the tack you wish to take in order to brush off the issue, have at it.

But you can't say I didn't predict it.

northspeter
5/10/2011, 07:38 PM
So...are people no longer divorced or divorcing in this thread?

divorced... and deathly close to marriage again...

at least in my case... this post was very true... however, i was pretty blind and naive...

Blue
5/10/2011, 08:20 PM
If that's the tack you wish to take in order to brush off the issue, have at it.

But you can't say I didn't predict it.

Predict what? You're losing me.

I'm in the process of getting healthy again. Smoking will be dealt with.

I just don't get your logic. We're all addicted to something.

Thaumaturge
5/10/2011, 09:09 PM
I just don't get your logic. We're all addicted to something.

That sort of inductive leap is very, very unsound for a variety of reasons.

Blue
5/10/2011, 09:12 PM
That sort of inductive leap is very, very unsound for a variety of reasons.

Okay bud. :D Have a good night.

The
5/11/2011, 08:19 AM
divorced... and deathly close to marriage again...

at least in my case... this post was very true... however, i was pretty blind and naive...

To be fair, she had TERRIFIC tatas.

KuppiKunta
5/11/2011, 08:33 AM
To be fair, she had TERRIFIC tatas.

And hands.

pphilfran
5/11/2011, 08:35 AM
Yep...and almost hooked back up with her 20 years later...but I soon came to my senses....

Cheez-It
5/11/2011, 08:38 AM
We're all addicted to something.

Some are addicted to sex...

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2011, 08:41 AM
Some are addicted to sex...

yep, we even go to meetings for it

Aldebaran
5/11/2011, 09:14 AM
Go on...

Ctina
5/11/2011, 09:17 AM

You were their f*** puppet as well. Sometimes that's all a girl wants. :)

My stats: been together for just over 10 years, 7th wedding anniversary next month. We almost got divorced at year 2 but got everything worked out. I like everything on that list as well and the majority applies to us. We are both pretty independent and have our own interests, with enough in common that we co-exist quite peacefully and happily. If I want to go out dancing or whatever, I go out. He is always welcome to go with me, but I'm not sitting at home waiting on him to decide.

I don't think the problem is re-marriage in itself, it's the dicknuckles who run out and remarry without some introspection on their role in the breakup and think a new person will fix everything. Each relationship is/should be different. If not, think about what the common thread is... it's you (generic you, not specific to anyone.) If you have the same problems, it's probably because you brought the same baggage with you.

Aldebaran
5/11/2011, 09:22 AM
tag]bitches dig midgets with unlimited access to more hose.[/tag

JDMT
5/11/2011, 09:24 AM
Can i marry my dog?

3rdgensooner
5/11/2011, 09:25 AM
Can i marry my dog?She's cheating on you.

DRLSooner
5/11/2011, 09:46 AM
She's cheating on you.

What a bitch.

northspeter
5/11/2011, 09:03 PM
And hands.

and mouth.... and ***....