PDA

View Full Version : Bradley and Choplick officially added to the 2011 recruiting class...

northspeter
5/9/2011, 06:33 PM
choplick is a big big boy... and we'll likely never see bradley, as you all are aware...

soonersports.com official release... (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/050911aab.html)

rysooner
5/10/2011, 10:27 AM
Wouldn't it be fun to, just once, get all the kids we sign to come to school? Just dreaming, I know, but wow....

NMSooner'80
5/10/2011, 11:23 AM
If Bradley does wind up coming, that would be sweet. It'd take about three seconds for the various orange-crowds in the league to call OU baseball an example of "them cheatin' gooners."

He might also be the first baseball player to get his own cut-outs - like those head shots that the student section waved during basketball season. You could get the comic book version of Archie, but he might not like that.

http://comicrelated.com/graphics/ArchieComicsLogo_sm.jpg

bcolston15
5/10/2011, 11:56 AM
It's a really deep draft class this year, especially on the mound. I could see some teams passing on Bradley because he could be a tough sign. If it were a shallow class teams might take a risk like that, but with plenty of similar studs to choose from, that might be easier to sign, maybe Bradley slips past the top 20.

I'd certainly expect him to sign, but I wouldn't be totally floored if he came to OU.

northspeter
5/10/2011, 01:06 PM
i've seen him listed from 2 overall... to 6th in the highschool class... we'd be very lucky if he slipped past 20... don't see it happening with his frame... as good as bundy is... he has to work his tail off... archie is very naturally gifted... his size will get him drafted very high....

bcolston15
5/10/2011, 01:36 PM
i've seen him listed from 2 overall... to 6th in the highschool class... we'd be very lucky if he slipped past 20... don't see it happening with his frame... as good as bundy is... he has to work his tail off... archie is very naturally gifted... his size will get him drafted very high....

If he's a signing risk teams will shy away. All that natural ability doesn't do much for a franchise if they can't sign him.

A lot will depend on what he tells the scouts, teams, etc., about what it will take for him to sign.

soonertravis
5/10/2011, 01:45 PM
I haven't seen him enough to make a full/legit assessment, but Bundy seems by far the more sure fire prospect. Bradley has the size and projectability, but I have been underwhelmed by performance. It has been a lot better this year, but last year I was unimpressed for the tools he has.

TopDawg
5/10/2011, 02:05 PM
soonersports.com offical release... (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/050911aab.html)

No Californians? Have we lost that pipeline since Cochell left? (You can tell I don't follow baseball recruiting very closely.)

It doesn't really matter to me where they come from...in fact, I like havin quite a few homegrown guys...but I was just surprised by that.

northspeter
5/10/2011, 06:16 PM
If he's a signing risk teams will shy away. All that natural ability doesn't do much for a franchise if they can't sign him.

A lot will depend on what he tells the scouts, teams, etc., about what it will take for him to sign.

you are right about him usng leverage... however i don't think he's a big signing risk... he's a baseball player... football is just leverage for more dollars....

WichitaSooner
5/11/2011, 08:45 AM
So we could have a Bushyhead AND a Choplick???? Nice...