PDA

View Full Version : Obama's "Mission Accomplished"!

soonercruiser
5/9/2011, 06:18 PM
This is what it's been all about this past week.
(Sometimes, a picture is worth a thousand words.)

http://members.cox.net/franklipsinic/Obama/super%20president.jpg

SoonerNate
5/9/2011, 06:18 PM
Brilliant!

mgsooner
5/9/2011, 06:33 PM
I'm sure if Osama had been caught or killed while Bush was still in office you would've posted a similar graphic.

SoonerNate
5/9/2011, 06:35 PM
I'm sure if Osama had been caught or killed while Bush was still in office you would've posted a similar graphic.

It wouldn't have made sense had it been Bush. Bush made the war on terror the cornerstone of his presidency and was vilified for doing so.

Sooner_Tuf
5/9/2011, 06:37 PM

That's true, Bush wouldn't have claimed he single-handedly rid the world of a terrorist while pretending to care about the comfort of his compadres.

mgsooner
5/9/2011, 06:37 PM
It wouldn't have made sense had it been Bush. Bush made the war on terror the cornerstone of his presidency and was vilified for doing so.

It would've made perfect sense, because according to this graphic the president is just a figurehead of no real significance. Oh wait, that's just because it's Obama. If it would've happened under Bush then Bush would've diagrammed the entire thing on a dry erase board for the team that went in.

2121Sooner
5/9/2011, 06:38 PM
But they only got Osama because Obama made it priority #1.

He even said so.

mgsooner
5/9/2011, 06:38 PM
That's true, Bush wouldn't have claimed he single-handedly rid the world of a terrorist while pretending to care about the comfort of his compadres.

To say Obama has claimed he "single-handedly" killed Osama is completely ridiculous. Some of you hate Obama so much you are willing to say just about anything. You make yourselves look like fools.

2121Sooner
5/9/2011, 06:39 PM
Have you heard about the new Bin Laden cocktail?

Two shots and a splash of water

SoCaliSooner
5/9/2011, 06:53 PM
I kinda look at it like Obama called the touchdown play in the National Championship game.

Bush recruited the players, got assistant coaches, went through spring practice, fall work outs, won the close games and got the criticism when plays went wrong, media and fans called for his head, but he gutted out the season and left Obama a team headed to the national championship.

AlboSooner
5/9/2011, 06:56 PM
wait, Bush is Blake? ;)

Soonerson1975
5/9/2011, 06:56 PM
I kinda look at it like Obama called the touchdown play in the National Championship game.

Bush recruited the players, got assistant coaches, went through spring practice, fall work outs, won the close games and got the criticism when plays went wrong, media and fans called for his head, but he gutted out the season and left Obama a team headed to the national championship.

Obama>John Blake

SoCaliSooner
5/9/2011, 06:57 PM
Bush was Kevin Wilson....Obama was Heupel in the UConn game.

rekamrettuB
5/9/2011, 07:01 PM

BAN HIM!!! HE'S TALKING **** ABOUT HEUPEL!!!

Which of course is off limits until he records an L as OC.

lexsooner
5/9/2011, 07:04 PM
This is what it's been all about this past week.
(Sometimes, a picture is worth a thousand words.)

http://members.cox.net/franklipsinic/Obama/super%20president.jpg

I'm convinced there are certain individuals on this board and in the community who, if given a choice of Bin Laden not being found during Obama's term vs. Bin Laden being found and killed, would choose the former because they could not stand the fact it happened on Obama's watch and the fact he would be given some (not all) of the credit. To the extent this is true, all I can say is those individuals are unpatriotic, plain and simple. This sounds harsh, but I am afraid I cannot accurately call them anything but this.

jk the sooner fan
5/9/2011, 07:05 PM
i'm far from an Obama fan - but give him credit for having the balls to pull the trigger on a VERY risky mission

had it failed -and there was a great chance it could have gone very wrong - the masses would have been calling for his head

but the mission was a HUGE success - so to the victors go the spoils - it is what it is - he gets to claim victory.....just my humble opinion

SoonerNate
5/9/2011, 07:16 PM
i'm far from an Obama fan - but give him credit for having the balls to pull the trigger on a VERY risky mission

This. I will add though the irony that his Attorney General is the one prosecuting CIA Operatives at this very moment. This is the reason some are conflicted. You can't have it both ways. I know of no one that is not happy that we got him though. Anyone believing that I would consider highly unpatriotic.

mgsooner
5/9/2011, 08:07 PM

had it failed -and there was a great chance it could have gone very wrong - the masses would have been calling for his head

but the mission was a HUGE success - so to the victors go the spoils - it is what it is - he gets to claim victory.....just my humble opinion

Bingo.

soonercruiser
5/9/2011, 08:10 PM

Nope!
I was stuck defending the fact that GW had said "Mission Accomplished" after SH was overthrown........when there was a much bigger battle ahead.
**I'm sure YOU pointed that out to the "Right" at that time.
:rolleyes:

soonercruiser
5/9/2011, 08:11 PM
Have you heard about the new Bin Laden cocktail?
Two shots and a splash of water

He sleeps with the fishes.
I will give GHO credit for that!
(i.e.....he's not in the court system in the U.S!)

soonercruiser
5/9/2011, 08:14 PM
I'm convinced there are certain individuals on this board and in the community who, if given a choice of Bin Laden not being found during Obama's term vs. Bin Laden being found and killed, would choose the former because they could not stand the fact it happened on Obama's watch and the fact he would be given some (not all) of the credit. To the extent this is true, all I can say is those individuals are unpatriotic, plain and simple. This sounds harsh, but I am afraid I cannot accurately call them anything but this.

The guy is a political cartoonist FGS!
That's a political comedian who draws pictures.
Sorry you LWers are taking it too seriously.
(Please post some cartoons from the Huffington Post. I am sure they would be very fair. :rolleyes: )

StoopTroup
5/9/2011, 08:16 PM
Nope!
I was stuck defending the fact that GW had said "Mission Accomplished" after SH was overthrown........when there was a much bigger battle ahead.
**I'm sure YOU pointed that out to the "Right" at that time.
:rolleyes:

OK....So we all agree you have something stuck.

Can we move on now?

jkjsooner
5/9/2011, 08:26 PM

You forgot to mention that Bush sent two thirds of his players to play a flag football game in the intramurals field while trying to convince everyone it had something to do with the national title game.

SoonerNate
5/9/2011, 08:40 PM
Good God some of the liberals are such pu$$ies.

diverdog
5/9/2011, 10:46 PM

Note even close. Bush left Afghanistan in a mess when he decided to invade Iraq. In the meantime Afghanistan went to hell in a hurry. So Bush was Blake to Obama being Stoops.

SoonerNate
5/9/2011, 10:58 PM
Bush had "full employment." Obama has it at 9%

Canyonero
5/10/2011, 01:02 AM
So Bush was Blake to Obama being Stoops.

Bush was Schnellenberger, good start but an ugly collapse at the end. Obama is Blake, took over a bad situation, good with young people but is in way over his head running a program. Hopefully we can get us a Stoops with the next election.

sooner59
5/10/2011, 02:13 AM
Bush was that old drunk, good start but an ugly collapse at the end. Obama is Blake, took over a bad situation, good with young people but is in way over his head running a program. Hopefully we can get us a Stoops with the next election.

Is a George Washington descendant running? That would be sweet. :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/10/2011, 03:52 AM
Bush had "full employment." Obama has it at 9%

Great Joke man!!!