PDA

View Full Version : The Lonely Island and Michael Bolton

The Maestro
5/9/2011, 10:58 AM
A digital short from SNL this past weekend...classic stuff...and kudos to Bolton for being able to make fun of himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GI6CfKcMhjY

The
5/9/2011, 10:59 AM
http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/a6302aef9690bf28ee0e3d1386f95eac/65091.jpg

delhalew
5/9/2011, 11:38 AM
Hmm. I didn't like it so much.

jk the sooner fan
5/9/2011, 12:17 PM
i didnt find it funny at all

The Maestro
5/9/2011, 12:23 PM
I miss being an jort wearing Okie that still yells, "Get er done!"

jk the sooner fan
5/9/2011, 12:24 PM
well sure - us dumb okies only get low brow humor

look, i love the digital shorts - they've all been funny to me

this one wasnt

delhalew
5/9/2011, 12:36 PM

After "Dick in Box", "I'm a Boss, ect., they have set the bar pretty high.

Fraggle145
5/9/2011, 12:37 PM

Okies dont wear jorts. Florida, now that is a different story.

WichitaSooner
5/9/2011, 12:39 PM
I can not fathom how you can watch that and not think it was funny... especially if you think their other stuff is funny. It's the same type of humor.

SoonerStud615
5/9/2011, 12:48 PM
I didn't really like that one, but I did have this stuck in my head all day yesterday:

http://youtu.be/X0DeIqJm4vM

Boomer_Sooner_sax
5/9/2011, 01:28 PM
I thought it was hilarious. The best part is that Bolton is making fun of himself. It was pretty good.

The Maestro
5/9/2011, 02:50 PM
Didn't mean any disrespect. I don't know what you guys are really like. But Wichita is right...if you like their other stuff how does this one not fall right in line with I Just Had Sex, Dick in a Box, Shy Ronnie 1 and 2, the coked up guy, Helen Mirren's boobs, etc.? And to get someone like Bolton to agree to make fun of himself was good stuff.

Oh, well...to each his own, I guess. Just like with the Will Ferrell thread...if he isn't funny, who is to you?

There are those that express their hate or dislike for ESPN, Colin Cowherd, Al Eschbach, little bunnies, etc. I tend to not be so "that sucks" about everything.

SunnySooner
5/9/2011, 02:51 PM
I giggled, good stuff.

jk the sooner fan
5/9/2011, 02:54 PM
i didnt say i hated it - i just didnt find it funny

i like will ferrell - but not EVERY joke he tells makes me laugh

the jorts reference really helped your assertion....i'm sure that some of us are just not refined enough to get it

delhalew
5/9/2011, 03:01 PM
Didn't mean any disrespect. I don't know what you guys are really like. But Wichita is right...if you like their other stuff how does this one not fall right in line with I Just Had Sex, Dick in a Box, Shy Ronnie 1 and 2, the coked up guy, Helen Mirren's boobs, etc.? And to get someone like Bolton to agree to make fun of himself was good stuff.

Oh, well...to each his own, I guess. Just like with the Will Ferrell thread...if he isn't funny, who is to you?

There are those that express their hate or dislike for ESPN, Colin Cowherd, Al Eschbach, little bunnies, etc. I tend to not be so "that sucks" about everything.

That's a healthy attitude. I didn't hate it. It just didn't slay me like some of the others. I was thinking, "so the punchline here is what?" I considered that maybe I needed to know more about Bolton to get it.

tator
5/9/2011, 03:03 PM
Only way I can see youtube at work
GI6CfKcMhjY

oudavid1
5/9/2011, 03:06 PM
I thought it was catchy. But not funny.

tator
5/9/2011, 03:07 PM
I say it's moderately amusing in a funny way. You can close this thread now.

Pricetag
5/9/2011, 03:51 PM
It would have been even more funny if they'd dressed him up as Michael Bolton from Office Space.

Blue
5/9/2011, 06:18 PM
Funny. But not as funny as others.

And Colin cowherd does suck.

AlboSooner
5/9/2011, 07:00 PM
Jack Sparooooouw

C&CDean
5/9/2011, 07:56 PM
SNL? That **** stopped being funny about the time Belushi ODd.

Blue
5/9/2011, 08:06 PM
SNL? That **** stopped being funny about the time Belushi ODd.

Pffft!

They have a great cast. Alot of funny people. And there's only been a few years out of 35 that have been bad.

Ya old curmudgeon.

C&CDean
5/9/2011, 08:26 PM
Pffft!

They have a great cast. Alot of funny people. And there's only been a few years out of 35 that have been bad.

Ya old curmudgeon.

Don't get me wrong, they've had their MOMENTS. Sherri Oteri and Farrell in "The Spartans?" Classic. Some of the news bits. Very good. 98% of the rest of it? Meh. And I'm really only talking about the last 5-6 years here. Before that I'd at least watch it, and sometimes it was very good. Since then, I turn it on for about 10-seconds and I go "nope, not tonight."

Blue
5/9/2011, 08:31 PM
Yeah some of the skits are bad and sometimes overplayed. But as far as the comedians...Fred Armisen, Kristin Wiig, Jason Sedakis, Samburg, Will Forte, Bill Hader. All funny. The new girls are good too. And hot.

proud gonzo
5/9/2011, 09:22 PM
Ok, the best part of that is that the chord progression under Bolton's vocals is the chord progression from the actual Pirates of the Caribbean theme. That's genius. The rest of it, meh. I'll go watch "Rollin' with Saget" and "I'm on a Boat"