PDA

View Full Version : Great Saturday!

soonerty
5/8/2011, 10:54 AM
I know it's not Adrian Peterson or Billy Simms or someone like that. But I met Adron Tennell yesterday.

I live in North Idaho and was shopping at Nordstroms in Spokane with my wife. I was wearing an OU sweatshirt and this guy walks by and says that's a nice sweatshirt and keeps walking. I said thanks and he turned around. He was wearing the black Sun Bowl shirt, I asked him if he was a player and he said yes and I asked who he was.

Nice kid and it's a small world to meet a player in Spokane Washington... He plays for the Shock an Arena team here. They were really good last year but suck this year.

We had a 10 minute conversation very casual. I asked some questions about the Bradford injury season, it was nice to get a perspective without coach speak.

JLEW1818
5/8/2011, 10:58 AM
Good stuff!

Gald to hear he is still playing.

4:45 mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My1S5s66tlc

goingoneight
5/8/2011, 10:08 PM
The poor guy just seemed to have a mental block whenever the ball would hit his hands at a crucial time. Same thing plagued Quentin Chaney til about the middle of his junior year. Both of those guys had just as much if not more talent than Malcolm Kelly and Brandon Jones, they just couldn't haul it in when we needed it the most. More guys than not have that problem though. Guys like Broyles, Stills and Miller are starters over guys like Tennell and Brandon Caleb for a reason though. It's weird with Stoops teams... sometimes receivers just magically turn it on when it's a little too late as far as National Championship implications are concerned. Chaney, Tennell, Kenney for example.

85sooners
5/9/2011, 03:32 AM
Nice

SoonerOX
5/9/2011, 08:25 AM
The poor guy just seemed to have a mental block whenever the ball would hit his hands at a crucial time. Same thing plagued Quentin Chaney til about the middle of his junior year. Both of those guys had just as much if not more talent than Malcolm Kelly and Brandon Jones, they just couldn't haul it in when we needed it the most. More guys than not have that problem though. Guys like Broyles, Stills and Miller are starters over guys like Tennell and Brandon Caleb for a reason though. It's weird with Stoops teams... sometimes receivers just magically turn it on when it's a little too late as far as National Championship implications are concerned. Chaney, Tennell, Kenney for example.

I hear ya. Cam Kenney's late turn around makes you wonder what could have been.