PDA

View Full Version : Does this not put Luck in NCAA jeopardy ?

olevetonahill
5/7/2011, 05:45 PM
No way in hell can they convince me this Kid aint gettin something out of this deal.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Luck-will-teach-Kaepernick-San-Francisco-8217-s?urn=nfl-wp1898

royalfan5
5/7/2011, 06:09 PM
Players are allowed summer jobs. How is working for Kapernick any different than working for anyone else. Players often work college camps, I don't see why the rules would be different here.

Muno
5/7/2011, 06:12 PM
Doesn't seem all that unusual. College players work out with professionals all the time. What is the violation?

olevetonahill
5/7/2011, 06:16 PM
Just axin, I dont GAS.
Just seems Like some times a Pro does some tin with a College kid and they get in trouble with the NCAA:confused:

bluedogok
5/7/2011, 06:45 PM
Well, Kaepernick isn't really a "pro" yet as he has not signed a contract since the lockout prevents that. He just has been drafted so in effect it would be no different than when an underclassman is throwing balls to receivers at a pro day. There is very much a status limbo/gray area for recently drafted players and things aren't the norm this season.

olevetonahill
5/7/2011, 06:47 PM
Trust me I dont want the Kid to get in trouble, Thats why I said Jeopardy.
But Im sure he has some great advisers to help with this .
Just thinkin Sure Hes gettin paid By a Pro Team to help their Draft pick.

SoonerofAlabama
5/7/2011, 08:37 PM
All he gets is a little extra training, but what kind of a coach would let their star go to this thing during spring training?

85sooners
5/7/2011, 10:49 PM
Seems fishy

Salt City Sooner
5/7/2011, 11:02 PM
He doesn't need to be getting anything out of it. His father's an ex-NFL QB who's also the AD at West Virginia. Just like our QB, any time he needs a chunk of change, it's just a Hey Dad away.

oudavid1
5/8/2011, 12:25 AM
eh, Nothing to see here. And who cares, Stanford will not win anything big this year.

RedstickSooner
5/8/2011, 03:07 AM
Working at a summer football camp where a *bunch* of other players are gonna work isn't remotely similar to this gig. Coaching an NFL player (even if he isn't technically in the NFL yet) should pay well, one would presume. And if it does, that's going to raise eyebrows at the NCAA, I'm sure.

And, no, I don't know anything about how the rules work for this kinda thing. I just know the NCAA is a bunch of paranoid ninnies, and how could they *not* want to at least look into the situation when you've got a player training an NFL player one-on-one, unless it's something that's being done gratis or for some minimal token sum? Heck, even then they're probably going to be curious about what's going on. It's sorta their "thing".

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/8/2011, 03:47 AM
The kid goes to Stanford not Okie St. or Ohio St. I am sure he knows what he is doing. If this was Brandon Wheedon, I would bet he could screw this up somehow. But Andrew Luck goes to THE University of Stanford and surely is smarter than most college kids.

ashley
5/8/2011, 06:59 AM
Goood heavens, this means nothing.

Sooner Cal
5/8/2011, 03:42 PM
Some of you borderline on the ridiculous, even worse than the NCAA.

yankee
5/8/2011, 03:45 PM
Yeah, Stanford is probably getting the death penalty. :rolleyes:

BigJerm7
5/9/2011, 08:25 AM
LOIC! I'm sure he got a free Gatorade out of the deal somewhere.

Ruf/Nek7
5/9/2011, 08:30 AM
What i find funny is Mcnabb throwing to Cardinal receivers...the best QB to throw to their receiving corp since Warner!

Mad Dog Madsen
5/9/2011, 08:40 AM
Interesting...