View Full Version : 2008 Oklahoma @ Oklahoma State video of the day

JLEW1818
5/7/2011, 02:50 PM
another bored Saturday

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZilsZVKzuIs&feature=related

EatLeadCommie
5/7/2011, 03:44 PM
Man it's too bad we didn't play defense that year. That team should have creamed everybody.

There will never be another Sam.

Soonerlife07
5/7/2011, 04:40 PM
Theres so many NFLers on the field. How did we not win the championship this year?

SoonerofAlabama
5/7/2011, 05:35 PM
Theres so many NFLers on the field. How did we not win the championship this year?

Chris Brown is out there, though. He tried the NFL. I don't mean that in a bad way. He seemed to come out of nowhere that season and it just didn't translate to the NFL. And also, just because there is loads of talent on a team, doesn't mean there is success. For example, and I am sorry for this, our men's basketball team the year after Griffin left.

SoonerofAlabama
5/7/2011, 10:00 PM
Also, I don't remember Zac Robinson running as much as I saw him. Great to see that Bradford run again too.

AlboSooner
5/7/2011, 10:43 PM
I had forgotten what a quick release Sam has.

85sooners
5/7/2011, 10:44 PM
If we would of made a couple more plays stoops would have been holding the crystal over his head

sendbaht
5/8/2011, 06:57 AM
Thanks SOOOOOOOOOO much I loved seeing it again!!!!!!!!!!!

fossil
5/8/2011, 07:11 AM
:confused: I couldn't believe I heard Musberger say, "The Irish still needing a score!" Then again, its Musberger.

boomersooner28
5/8/2011, 07:52 AM
Man, those were some great offenses. Zach Robinson tore us apart that game. He didn't even look like the same player the next year in OUr building. Sam was/is amazing.

boomersooner28
5/8/2011, 07:53 AM
I had forgotten what a quick release Sam has.

And ACCURATE! You never see the WR's arms in that video! Why? Because they never had to extend their arms to catch the ball. Everything hit them in the chest. Amazing.

101sooner
5/8/2011, 08:56 AM
The next time we give up a kick return against those fools to let them back in the game I'm gonna...do something. Not sure what, but I'll do it.

VA Sooner
5/8/2011, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the link, JLEW. Counting down the weeks until the season starts.

meoveryouxinfinity
5/8/2011, 10:37 AM
Robinson killed us with his feet and sometimes got real lucky by throwing the ball to an open receiver as he was being tackled.

-That was an OBVIOUS turnover by Hunter. Can't believe they missed that one.
-Sam's flip on 3rd down isn't nearly as impressive as the next play: 4th down, botched snap, picks it up and scores.
-OSU's receivers look about 6'9" with 5 feet long arms. They were beating our secondary on just about every play.
-Gresh & Bradford.. two best players in that game, can't believe they both came back for another season and had it stolen away from them.
-OSU fans are annoying with their paddles. Can't believe we have to go back there again this year.

SunnySooner
5/8/2011, 11:25 AM
"It takes 4 Cowboys to tackle Gresham." ***snicker***

Flagstaffsooner
5/8/2011, 05:03 PM
:confused: I couldn't believe I heard Musberger say, "The Irish still needing a score!" Then again, its Musberger.
Mushmouth is in an early stage of Bob Barry disease.:pop:

DarrellZero
5/8/2011, 05:11 PM
Like watching a cat toy with a mouse.

The mouse might keep it interesting for a while, but eventually the cat just bitchslaps the mouse and it's over.

Flagstaffsooner
5/8/2011, 05:43 PM
Like watching a cat toy with a mouse.

The mouse might keep it interesting for a while, but eventually the cat just bitchslaps the mouse and it's over.
Rats. Big f'in rats with orange jerseys on.

goingoneight
5/8/2011, 10:03 PM
Special teams and physicality in the trenches cost us that year. The Ryan Reynolds injury came at the worst possible time, too.

I always say we'd have been SICK if Lofton came back for his senior year. But, turns out he made the right decision for himself.

JLEW1818
5/8/2011, 10:08 PM
Special teams and physicality in the trenches cost us that year. The Ryan Reynolds injury came at the worst possible time, too.

I always say we'd have been SICK if Lofton came back for his senior year. But, turns out he made the right decision for himself.

yep

Ruf/Nek7
5/8/2011, 10:09 PM
did muffbergerson say "the irish" at about the 49 second mark?

King Crimson
5/9/2011, 08:46 AM
did muffbergerson say "the irish" at about the 49 second mark?

yes, he did. Musberger is drunk most of the time i think, anyway. Herbstriet repeats his same "points" for the whole game. he's like Billy Packer in that.

"like i said earlier...." ad nauseum.

our kickoff coverage needs to improve in Stillwater. jus sayin.

King Crimson
5/9/2011, 08:50 AM
and you have to give it up to Demarco Murray and Chris Brown.

and Gresham.

and i almost sport wood on the 2 point conversion....Frank Alexander, my man.

JLEW1818
5/9/2011, 09:02 AM
and you have to give it up to Demarco Murray and Chris Brown.

and Gresham.

and i almost sport wood on the 2 point conversion....Frank Alexander, my man.

makes me go crazy every time i see that play. One of the most underrated defensive plays under Stoops.

Sooner Among The Pack
5/10/2011, 03:53 PM
Patrick Lavine's dad works in my building. Anytime I see him the Friday before a game, and I have my OU #14 jersey on, I ask him if his son recognizes the back of this jersey :)