PDA

View Full Version : Republican Debate

MR2-Sooner86
5/5/2011, 09:54 PM
What did you think?

I believe Herman Cain and Ron Paul were tied. Ron Paul knocked it out of the park with the social issues/foreign policy but Herman Cain knocked it out of the park with the economy.

Rick Santorum's picture is in the dictionary by neo-con.

Tim Pawlenty danced around the issues and came across as a typical politician.

Gary Johnson has some good ideas but he comes across as weak. He needs to be much more assertive.

JohnnyMack
5/5/2011, 10:06 PM
Ron Paul's economic policies will keep him from getting the R nom. He's right about what he's saying, but the powers that be won't allow him to advance.

Blue
5/5/2011, 10:09 PM
Ron Paul's economic policies will keep him from getting the R nom. He's right about what he's saying, but the powers that be won't allow him to advance.

So we don't live in a represenative republic? Btw, I agree.

sooner ngintunr
5/5/2011, 10:12 PM
Ron Paul killed it as usual.

MR2-Sooner86
5/5/2011, 10:14 PM
Ron Paul's economic policies will keep him from getting the R nom.

Personally I feel the religious right won't be able to allow gays to marry, the possibility of people enjoying sex, or recreational drug use. I mean the economy is taking a nose dive and we're in a ton of debt but telling people how they're destroying our social fabric is much more important.

See the thread on Gary Johnson announcing this presidential run and it turned into a bunch of pissing and moaning about this stance on marijuana. I mean it's obviously the most important issue and not jobs, foreign policy, or the debt.

Blue
5/5/2011, 10:16 PM
Personally I feel the religious right won't be able to allow gays to marry, the possibility of people enjoying sex, or recreational drug use. I mean the economy is taking a nose dive and we're in a ton of debt but telling people how they're destroying our social fabric is much more important.

See the thread on Gary Johnson announcing this presidential run and it turned into a bunch of pissing and moaning about this stance on marijuana. I mean it's obviously the most important issue and not jobs, foreign policy, or the debt.

Yeah its all the "Christians" fault that Ron Paul won't be the nomination. :rolleyes:

bigfatjerk
5/5/2011, 10:26 PM

Since when has a democrat won presidency or most major offices on a pro gay marriage, anti-drug war platform? In fact I would argue democrats have made most of those social issues more strict, and controlled more by the federal government than republicans have, although it's close between the two. Fact is abortion, drugs, and most other social issues should be determined by the state not the federal government. And marriage should be a church thing and the government should be out of it completely.

bigfatjerk
5/5/2011, 10:39 PM
Herman Cain impressed me the most of those in the debate. Ron Paul was Ron Paul, he's been consistent as ever.

delhalew
5/5/2011, 10:42 PM
What did you think?

I believe Herman Cain and Ron Paul were tied. Ron Paul knocked it out of the park with the social issues/foreign policy but Herman Cain knocked it out of the park with the economy.

Rick Santorum's picture is in the dictionary by neo-con.

Tim Pawlenty danced around the issues and came across as a typical politician.

Gary Johnson has some good ideas but he comes across as weak. He needs to be much more assertive.

This is spot on. Cain did very well, and Paul was a rock star.

The Profit
5/5/2011, 10:44 PM
Not a single one of this 2nd team lineup can defeat Obama.

soonercruiser
5/5/2011, 10:48 PM

Don't wory profit.
Obama will defeat himself!

Gee! Sure missed John McLame...:rolleyes:

bigfatjerk
5/5/2011, 10:48 PM
Obama has no chance of winning the south. If he loses say Ohio and Virginia there's a good chance he won't win the general election. Obama is not near as safe as you think.

bigfatjerk
5/5/2011, 10:53 PM
The last time one of the first teamers as you put went up against Obama they got killed big time. If the economy continues like it has, anyone can beat Obama. It'll come down to 3 states really. North Carolina, Virginia, Ohio. Republicans win 2 of 3 or all 3 they probably win the general election.

delhalew
5/5/2011, 10:54 PM
Without knowing what he said, I can tell you Profit's thoughts on a Republican debate are as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

yankee
5/5/2011, 11:42 PM

I THINK Ron Paul could. His ardent supporters are extremely passionate about him, and if he could get that to be more widespread like Obama did...

AlboSooner
5/5/2011, 11:43 PM
I THINK Ron Paul could.

so there is a chance....

MR2-Sooner86
5/5/2011, 11:57 PM
Yeah its all the "Christians" fault that Ron Paul won't be the nomination. :rolleyes:

I was probably a little off there. His foreign policy and economic policies really upset them more than anything. However, Gary Johnson's stance on abortion will for sure kill any chances he has and that's the only issue it'll take.

Since when has a democrat won presidency or most major offices on a pro gay marriage, anti-drug war platform

How about Obama not challenging the Defense of Marriage Act?

How about gay marriage in red states?

Could you see "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" being repealed under a Republican?

Who was it who did the "Just Say No" campaign?

Who was it who started the War on Drugs with the creation of the DEA?

To deny that there's a religious section of the Republican party with some weight to throw around is silly.

You suck at trying to be a troll.

If you are serious then I highly suggest taking Obama's balls out of your mouth because if you don't people will give you as much credibility as a 9/11 Truther.

bigfatjerk
5/6/2011, 12:15 AM
How about Obama not challenging the Defense of Marriage Act?

DOMA is different because it basically says states have the right to defend marriage in whatever terms they see. Basically the federal government wants to tell you what marriage is instead of giving that to states. I argue it shouldn't even be up to states, because of the separation of church and state that Jefferson argued for.

How about gay marriage in red states?

There's only about 4 states that have legalized gay marriage and Washington DC. California legalized it before it was overturned for now. But DOMA being turned down may end bad for Gay marriage because you could see someone legislate what marriage is federally. That just isn't right. It would basically make it like abortion is now. Abortion shouldn't be a federal issue either.

Could you see "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" being repealed under a Republican?

Yes especially with the newer republicans. It was a democrat who passed the last 2 acts as a president and supported both.

Who was it who did the "Just Say No" campaign?

I'm not really against a Just Say No type campaign. Especially for youth. That's how you should go after drugs. Not using law to make drugs illegal at the federal level. We should basically treat drugs like we do alcohol. Limit the age that you can use them. And if you drive under the influence you it's a serious offense.

Who was it who started the War on Drugs with the creation of the DEA?

And have democrats done anything to slow this down? No they promote it just as much. They keep on spending more money on the DEA and FDA basically limiting freedoms. And now obamacare is going to do the same thing.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/6/2011, 02:23 AM
Without knowing what he said, I can tell you Profit's thoughts on a Republican debate are as useful as a screen door on a submarine.Sadly.

The Profit
5/6/2011, 08:49 AM
The republican debate was a joke. Tim Pawlenty was the only participant with a scant chance of defeating Obama, but he really lacks the personality to do so. For those of you hanging on to the hope of a Ron Paul presidency, I have only one thing to say, "bwaaahahahaha." That stuttering old fart doesn't have a chance in hell.

Herman Cain sounded like another Alan Keyes, and you might remember how far that clown went in presidential or senatorial politics. Santorum is the kid in class that always got his azz whipped. Again, not a chance.

When the A-team is trotted out, perhaps there will be someone, who has a legitimate shot (e.g. Romney, Huntsman, Daniels), but the bozos we saw last night were laughable to say the least.

Again, my fervent prayer is that the GOP chooses the biggest bible banging, hate-spewing, right winged wacko that it can find (e.g. the nut from Minnesota, the Barbie from Alaska, Joe the Plumber, Huckleberry, Santorum, etc.).

The
5/6/2011, 08:51 AM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3692/5rrqu.jpg

JohnnyMack
5/6/2011, 09:20 AM
:les:GAY!

MR2-Sooner86
5/6/2011, 09:50 AM
DOMA is different because it basically says states have the right to defend marriage in whatever terms they see. Basically the federal government wants to tell you what marriage is instead of giving that to states. I argue it shouldn't even be up to states, because of the separation of church and state that Jefferson argued for.

There's only about 4 states that have legalized gay marriage and Washington DC. California legalized it before it was overturned for now. But DOMA being turned down may end bad for Gay marriage because you could see someone legislate what marriage is federally. That just isn't right. It would basically make it like abortion is now. Abortion shouldn't be a federal issue either.

Yes especially with the newer republicans. It was a democrat who passed the last 2 acts as a president and supported both.

I'm not really against a Just Say No type campaign. Especially for youth. That's how you should go after drugs. Not using law to make drugs illegal at the federal level. We should basically treat drugs like we do alcohol. Limit the age that you can use them. And if you drive under the influence you it's a serious offense.

And have democrats done anything to slow this down? No they promote it just as much. They keep on spending more money on the DEA and FDA basically limiting freedoms. And now obamacare is going to do the same thing.

I don't deny what you say but what I'm trying to say is that I don't see a "Religious Left" clinging to these issues. However when I look at guys like Rick Santorum, I see the "family values" stuff that you usually see on the right. From what I saw, last night he was well received which is a bad thing.

I don't remember a Democrat saying, "We are going to keep on trying to strengthen the American family, to make American families a lot more like the Waltons and a lot less like the Simpsons."

The reason I brought up the states is because, usually, the social issues, like gay marriage, aren't apposed. Do you see Oklahoma, Buckle of the Bible Belt, lifting it's ban on gay marriage soon? I don't.

However, I agree the federal government should stay out of it, all of it. I believe marriage is a religious institute, nothing more. You're right on the money with that.

delhalew
5/6/2011, 10:49 AM
I don't deny what you say but what I'm trying to say is that I don't see a "Religious Left" clinging to these issues. However when I look at guys like Rick Santorum, I see the "family values" stuff that you usually see on the right. From what I saw, last night he was well received which is a bad thing.

I don't remember a Democrat saying, "We are going to keep on trying to strengthen the American family, to make American families a lot more like the Waltons and a lot less like the Simpsons."

The reason I brought up the states is because, usually, the social issues, like gay marriage, aren't apposed. Do you see Oklahoma, Buckle of the Bible Belt, lifting it's ban on gay marriage soon? I don't.

However, I agree the federal government should stay out of it, all of it. I believe marriage is a religious institute, nothing more. You're right on the money with that.
The gay marriage was another home run for Ron Paul.