PDA

View Full Version : Thursday poll: NFL Draft one year later

badger
5/5/2011, 09:53 AM
Assuming we have a season, which team that drafted a Sooner in the first round last year does the best?

Token technical gibberish: Vote once, vote anonymously, you can't change your vote, four days of voting.

Explain your vote below if you must.

Sam Bradford:
http://media.mlive.com/lions_impact/photo/8945554-large.jpg

GK:
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Gerald+McCoy+Carolina+Panthers+v+Tampa+Bay+fwSV9Hw maA9l.jpg
Trent Williams:
http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/photo/gallery/100813/GAL-10Aug13-5443/media/PHO-10Aug13-244788.jpg

Jermaine:
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jermaine+Gresham+Denver+Broncos+v+Cincinnati+1KPR6 Bygr1bl.jpg

Mad Dog Madsen
5/5/2011, 09:59 AM
I love Sammy B more than anybody, BUT I had to pick GK's Bucs. I think they are going to surprise alot of people this upcoming season...

badger
5/5/2011, 10:07 AM
Last year:

The Cincy Bengals were the league's underachievers. So many offensive weapons, only 4 wins and last in their division. Two of their wins came in the last five games.

The Warsh Redskins fared a little better at 6 wins, but were also last in their division, and after starting the season 5-6, finished 1-4.

St. Louis was expected to win their crappy division (not knocking Sam, that division is CRAPPY though), but lost their regular season finale in Seattle to lose the tiebreaker and were knocked out of the playoffs, finishing 7-9. Still, not bad for a team that had the #1 overall pick the previous year.

Tampa Bay had arguably the best of the four Sooner first-rounder teams last year, going 10-6 and also just barely missing the playoffs. One more win would have gotten them in. That or fewer 10-6 teams.

badger
5/5/2011, 10:14 AM
As for our Sooners...

Jermaine Gresham was drafted 21st overall, started the first 15 games of the season and had 52 receptions for 471 yards and four touchdowns.

Trent Williams, drafted 4th overall, got to join fellow Sooner standout Jammal Brown while playing 14 games, starting in 13.

GK, drafted 3rd overall, had 28 tackles and 3 sacks, but was also placed on IR in December.

Sam Bradford, the first pick, started all 16 games and was 354 for 590 (60 percent completion), with 18 touchdowns and 15 picks. He also rushed 27 times for 63 yards, but some of those are likely the 34 times he was sacked. He also had 7 fumbles, losing 2.

meoveryouxinfinity
5/5/2011, 10:17 AM
I dont watch the NFL sooooooo I voted for Sam

cccasooner2
5/5/2011, 11:20 AM
I dont watch the NFL sooooooo I voted for Sam

Moron reporter who criticizes things he doesn't know about logic. :D

(Auto edited by SF, Moron reporter who criticizes things he doesn't know about = L*pica . The * represents the letter u and not *.)

badger
5/5/2011, 02:28 PM
Wow... no love for the Bengals or the Redskins? Anyone here a fan of either team and show em some support?

I mean, we are comparing four non-playoff teams here. What makes the Rams and Bucs so different from the Bengals and Skins?

Oh and here's a funny story (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/29/channing-crowder-mel-kiper-lied-made-me-spend-too-much-money/) on a guy who was projected to go in the first round by Mel Kiper awhile ago and is still bitter that he didn't go as high as Mel projected... bitter at Mel. Hehe, where do I find this crazy crap?

Oh, and the truth about Mel Kiper is in this video, even if Mel happened to be correct that Trent was better than Trev in the Neffel:

UHiUqL2KLiM

I never saw that before, but I LOVE IT. View it, view it view it!

SoonerofAlabama
5/5/2011, 03:47 PM
I was going to go with the Bucs, but I just can't see Bradford being unsuccessful for very long.

batonrougesooner
5/5/2011, 04:33 PM
Rams. It all starts with the quarterback. No that they've hopefully drafted him some more offensive talent, I suspect they continue to improve.

SoonerofAlabama
5/5/2011, 04:36 PM
Rams. It all starts with the quarterback. No that they've hopefully drafted him some more offensive talent, I suspect they continue to improve.

Josh Freeman is on the Bucs and has been really good.

starclassic tama
5/5/2011, 04:47 PM
the bucs have a much better team overall than the rams right now, and they just added 2 really good pass rushers so their defense could be pretty stout next year.

Mad Dog Madsen
5/5/2011, 04:50 PM
The Bucs won 10 games last year. They will be even better this year IMO. ...Dare I say 12 wins??? :eek:

stoops the eternal pimp
5/5/2011, 04:54 PM
Even though I like some of what the Rams did in the draft, They didn't draft some needs that they had til late or not at all...

I picked the Bucs

Salt City Sooner
5/5/2011, 05:51 PM
Wow... no love for the Bengals or the Redskins? Anyone here a fan of either team and show em some support?

I mean, we are comparing four non-playoff teams here. What makes the Rams and Bucs so different from the Bengals and Skins?

Oh and here's a funny story (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/29/channing-crowder-mel-kiper-lied-made-me-spend-too-much-money/) on a guy who was projected to go in the first round by Mel Kiper awhile ago and is still bitter that he didn't go as high as Mel projected... bitter at Mel. Hehe, where do I find this crazy crap?

Oh, and the truth about Mel Kiper is in this video, even if Mel happened to be correct that Trent was better than Trev in the Neffel:

UHiUqL2KLiM

I never saw that before, but I LOVE IT. View it, view it view it!

You won't find a bigger Bengal fan than me, & I LOVED their draft. That being said, they're also in the most difficult situation of the 4 teams (6 games vs. Pittsburgh, Baltimore, & an in-state rival who's getting better themselves) so I have to temper the enthusiasm a bit as well. Cincy lost 8 games last year by single digits so I don't think they're as far off as it initially looks, but they've got some proving to do.

I went w/ the Rams here, for a couple of reasons:

1. Their division STINKS (a 7-9 division champ?)

2. The NFL is a QB-driven league, & w/ Hasselbeck having one foot out the door in Seattle, St. Louis is the only team in that division with anything resembling an established QB, unless you want to count Alex Smith (yes, I struggled typing that w/ a straight face). Now if a McNabb (heard he wants to go to Minny, FWIW) or Kolb were to land say, in Arizona, that can easily be a different story.....

badger
5/5/2011, 06:01 PM
I made this poll last four days, so I am going to keep trying to come up with more compelling arguments for you all to consider the other options!

... ok, I've thought of something plausible!

THE NFL IS DESIGNED TO MAKE CRAPPY TEAMS SUDDENLY GOOD THE NEXT SEASON.

The hardest schedules are usually reserved for the better teams in the league, whereas the lightweights usually get a schedule that matches their previous season.

As such, there are no better positioned teams to do better this coming season (if it actually happens) than the ones that did the worst last season -- Cincy and Warsh!

The NFL parity is well-known and well-documented. It makes fans of all 32 teams hopeful that even after a 1-15 season that their once-crappy team might have a chance of the playoffs, the division, etc. etc.

Consider the other options!

SoonerofAlabama
5/6/2011, 11:57 PM
wwBengals draft this year does not guarantee success. There are way too many internal problems right now for them to be a successful franchise in the NFL. Ochocinco wanting to go to the Patriots, Owens probable retirement, Palmer's request for a trade, and their roster is very young at the moment.

wolfeco24
5/7/2011, 12:28 AM
The Rams schedule is very tough at first.

reflector
5/7/2011, 01:25 AM
I think the Rams will have the best season, if there is a season.