PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul 2012: Epic Consistency and TRUTH

TIMB0B
5/5/2011, 12:15 AM
FxHkNNPou-Q

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/5/2011, 01:04 AM
I'm partial to Bachman right now, or Christy should he run. If Paul gets the nomination, fine. We can pull all our military back to the USA. That would be interesting, to say the least.

sooner59
5/5/2011, 01:05 AM
Bachman is dumber than the barbie doll she resembles. Needs to lose a few pounds of makeup on most days as well.

lexsooner
5/5/2011, 06:53 AM
Bachman is dumber than the barbie doll she resembles. Needs to lose a few pounds of makeup on most days as well.

Is she smarter than Palin?

delhalew
5/5/2011, 08:23 AM

Dude. She is not dumb. She knows her **** especially on economics.

sooner59
5/5/2011, 08:48 AM

God I hope so.

purplecrayon
5/5/2011, 08:52 AM
For the record, I would throw it in both Bachman and Palin.

The Profit
5/5/2011, 08:54 AM
As a Democrat, let me just say I hope it is one of the following. An even greater dream would be to have two of them on the same ticket.

Ron Paul
Sarah Palin
Michelle Bachman
Rand Paul
Rick Santorium
Newt Gingrich
Huckleberry
Anyone with the last name "Bush"

I would be more worried by The Mormon, Huntsman, or any moderate republican.

bigfatjerk
5/5/2011, 09:12 AM
I'm not sure a Romney or another moderate would get enough republican support if they won. I would do what I did 4 years ago an not vote because there isn't a choice. There wasn't a bit of difference between McCain and Obama.

soonerscuba
5/5/2011, 09:47 AM
I generally prefer my opposition candidates to not be completely nuts. Romney, Huntsman, Pawlenty and Daniels are at least tuned into the same frequency the rest of us are hearing.

bigfatjerk
5/5/2011, 09:48 AM
I don't think any of them will really solve anything they will just keep on pushing the same policies that are destroying this country right now. We won't be able to pay for this welfare state in the next 10-15 years as it is right now.

BoomerJack
5/5/2011, 10:31 AM
As a Democrat, let me just say I hope it is one of the following. An even greater dream would be to have two of them on the same ticket.

Ron Paul
Sarah Palin
Michelle Bachman
Rand Paul
Rick Santorium
Newt Gingrich
Huckleberry

I haven't seen such an anemic lineup since the '62 Mets.

soonerscuba
5/5/2011, 10:46 AM
I haven't seen such an anemic lineup since the '62 Mets.In fairness, at least Ron Paul has came to policy positions based on logic, is consistent and doesn't pander to the rubes.

delhalew
5/5/2011, 11:20 AM
The debate tonight will be interesting,as it includes Herman Cain, Paul, and Pawlenti. You will see a wide range of beliefs.

soonerscuba
5/5/2011, 11:25 AM
The debate tonight will be interesting,as it includes Herman Cain, Paul, and Pawlenti. You will see a wide range of beliefs.Wide range? The most interesting thing that will come out of this is whether Pawlenty gets taken down by surrounding himself with that much kookery or rises above it and takes some ground with the normies.

TIMB0B
5/5/2011, 11:35 AM
I can tell several of you didn't even watch the video.

BTW, debate day moneybomb going on right now for Ron Paul. http://www.RonPaul2012.com

delhalew
5/5/2011, 11:35 AM
Wide range? The most interesting thing that will come out of this is whether Pawlenty gets taken down by surrounding himself with that much kookery or rises above it and takes some ground with the normies.

I respectfully disagree...a lot.

delhalew
5/5/2011, 11:37 AM

BTW, debate day moneybomb going on right now for Ron Paul. http://www.RonPaul2012.com

I have no bandwidth right now. I'll watch it later.

The Profit
5/5/2011, 11:38 AM

I watched it. There are many things I like about Ron Paul. He wants to do away with the Military Industrial Complex, and I couldn't agree more. I have a real problem with his racial bigotry, though, and he seems to line up too many times with the bible banging fanatics of the gop.

delhalew
5/5/2011, 11:44 AM
Everything Profit said is wrong, buy most of you know that.

TIMB0B
5/5/2011, 11:47 AM
I watched it. There are many things I like about Ron Paul. He wants to do away with the Military Industrial Complex, and I couldn't agree more. I have a real problem with his racial bigotry, though, and he seems to line up too many times with the bible banging fanatics of the gop.
Bigotry? Are you speaking of his position on "individualism" or those articles written by someone in his newsletter?

From the horse's mouth...
uk7qiY-aoiQ

5/5/2011, 11:48 AM
Bachman is dumber than the barbie doll she resembles. Needs to lose a few pounds of makeup on most days as well.ALL conservatives are dumb! We get that. The only thing dumber is voting democrat.

5/5/2011, 11:50 AM
I'm not sure a Romney or another moderate would get enough republican support if they won. I would do what I did 4 years ago an not vote because there isn't a choice. There wasn't a bit of difference between McCain and Obama.HooBoy, that's a good move...you're joking, right?

TheHumanAlphabet
5/5/2011, 12:00 PM

Why the worry on intelligence. Clinton is dumber than a sack of snot; Biden is dumber than a rock, he had to plagiarize his graduate thesis; Carter may have been book smart, but he missed the bus to commonsense town...

bigfatjerk
5/5/2011, 12:29 PM
HooBoy, that's a good move...you're joking, right?
No I'm not when it all comes down to it there really isn't that much a difference between the pro army republicans that won't go after spending or entitlement and up spending overseas. And the democrats. There's a good reason that no republicans outside of maybe Ron Paul will really attack Obama's foreign policy because it's essentially the same as Bush.

delhalew
5/5/2011, 12:36 PM
No I'm not when it all comes down to it there really isn't that much a difference between the pro army republicans that won't go after spending or entitlement and up spending overseas. And the democrats. There's a good reason that no republicans outside of maybe Ron Paul will really attack Obama's foreign policy because it's essentially the same as Bush.

You are right. A status quo Republican doesn't stand a chance.

soonerscuba
5/5/2011, 12:37 PM
Why the worry on intelligence. Clinton is dumber than a sack of snot; Biden is dumber than a rock, he had to plagiarize his graduate thesis; Carter may have been book smart, but he missed the bus to commonsense town...Rhodes scholar Clinton or Wellesley and Yale Law alumni Clinton?

Bourbon St Sooner
5/5/2011, 12:40 PM

Well at least he went on that apology tour before he became Bush's third term. He's giving the rest of the world the finger while holding his Nobel Peace Prize.

The Profit
5/5/2011, 12:45 PM
Everything Profit said is wrong, buy most of you know that.

Nothing I said was wrong. Everything I said is well documented.

bigfatjerk
5/5/2011, 12:46 PM
Yeah all the last 4 presidents went to Ivy League schools. And they are a big part of why we have the crap we got right now. So was Nixon who went to Duke, Ford who went to Michigan, Reagan and Carter who went to who cares? They are all part of why we have a disastrous foreign policy and an entitlement society that we can't afford. About the last decent president we had was a Westpoint grad.

Mississippi Sooner
5/5/2011, 12:48 PM
Yeah all the last 4 presidents went to Ivy League schools. And they are a big part of why we have the crap we got right now. So was Nixon who went to Duke, Ford who went to Michigan, Reagan and Carter who went to who cares? They are all part of why we have a disastrous foreign policy and an entitlement society that we can't afford. About the last decent president we had was a Westpoint grad.

Grant? Nah, corruption ran rampant under his watch. :texan:

bigfatjerk
5/5/2011, 12:50 PM
Grant? Nah, corruption ran rampant under his watch. :texan:

I was talking about Ike but he wasn't all that good either.

Mississippi Sooner
5/5/2011, 12:52 PM

That's what Mamie said.

SoonerInTN
5/5/2011, 12:52 PM
nm

swardboy
5/5/2011, 12:54 PM
Cain/West....Please Lord, let it be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy542UgSelQ

TheHumanAlphabet
5/5/2011, 01:25 PM
Rhodes scholar Clinton or Wellesley and Yale Law alumni Clinton?

Clinton may have been a "Rhodes" scholar but he is dumber than hell...at least he doesn't like to show it...

TheHumanAlphabet
5/5/2011, 01:28 PM
...Carter who went to who cares?

I am still trying to figure out how the hell did he got by the Rickover interviews, or just not get thumped by Rickover???

lexsooner
5/5/2011, 02:29 PM
Clinton may have been a "Rhodes" scholar but he is dumber than hell...at least he doesn't like to show it...

What is your definition of "dumb?" Clinton had serious personal issues relating to his behavior with women and probably other personal conduct involving very poor judgment, so you can say he acted dumb by doing those things. In terms of raw intellect, he is extremely smart, as shown by his admission to Yale, Rhodes scholarship, professorship in law, and other academic achievements. He is downright brilliant when it comes to people/political smarts, probably born to be a political animal. I'm not sure where you are coming from.

Or maybe it is just a case of Democrat/liberal = dumb. GOP/conservative = smart. If this is the case, this is not even worth debating.

The Profit
5/5/2011, 02:41 PM

Didn't Carter go to the US Naval Academy? If so, that would blow your theory all to hell. I agree with you on Ike, though. He ended up being a great president, who on his last day in office, warned the nation about the Military Industrial Complex. How much money would this nation have save if we would have listened to him.

5/5/2011, 02:45 PM
Or maybe it is just a case of Democrat/liberal = dumb. GOP/conservative = smart. If this is the case, this is not even worth debating.Is the light coming on for you, finally?

soonerscuba
5/5/2011, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I've noticed THA has a tough time separating intellect from policy, of which the two are not connected. I might not agree with Scalia on much of anything, but among the last things I would think about him dumb is one of them.

lexsooner
5/5/2011, 02:50 PM
Is the light coming on for you, finally?

Yes, that THA thinks in such simple terms.

5/5/2011, 02:55 PM
Yes, that THA thinks in such simple terms.Are you knocking the Texas Hospital Association?

bigfatjerk
5/5/2011, 02:55 PM
Carter went to like 4 different schools. But it's not like the Navy and Army are bad schools or easy schools. I wouldn't want to go to either.

lexsooner
5/5/2011, 02:57 PM
Yeah, I've noticed THA has a tough time separating intellect from policy, of which the two are not connected. I might not agree with Scalia on much of anything, but among the last things I would think about him dumb is one of them.

Which makes THA . . . . :)

The Profit
5/5/2011, 03:02 PM
What is your definition of "dumb?" Clinton had serious personal issues relating to his behavior with women and probably other personal conduct involving very poor judgment, so you can say he acted dumb by doing those things. In terms of raw intellect, he is extremely smart, as shown by his admission to Yale, Rhodes scholarship, professorship in law, and other academic achievements. He is downright brilliant when it comes to people/political smarts, probably born to be a political animal. I'm not sure where you are coming from.

Or maybe it is just a case of Democrat/liberal = dumb. GOP/conservative = smart. If this is the case, this is not even worth debating.

Being dumb and being a cockhound are two very different things..Here is a short list of presidents, who definitely knocked off some on the side.

Roosevelt (died in the saddle)
Eisenhower (military secretary)
Kennedy (too many to keep count of)
Washington (Sally Fairfax among many)
Arthur (not known for much, but he did dally with the ladies)
LBJ (notorious for chasing tail)
Reagan (was banging Nancy while married to Jane)
Jefferson (was banging the help)

There are many others.....I think the same ego that it takes to be president, is the same ego that creates skirt chasers.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/5/2011, 03:42 PM

Don't think this. I just haven't seen the sharp mind of Clinton. Perhaps the cigar gets in the way of that and his Bimbo eruptions in Arkie...

Do you know first hand of his brilliance? I haven't seen anything that he has published as a jurist that would make him "brilliant". Now political, he does have a mind for timing and fudging opinions...

The Profit
5/5/2011, 03:45 PM
Don't think this. I just haven't seen the sharp mind of Clinton. Perhaps the cigar gets in the way of that and his Bimbo eruptions in Arkie...

Do you know first hand of his brilliance? I haven't seen anything that he has published as a jurist that would make him "brilliant". Now political, he does have a mind for timing and fudging opinions...

You have lost all credibility.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/5/2011, 03:46 PM
You have lost all credibility.

Why? Again, what has Clinton done as a jurist that makes him brilliant?

As a Ph.D. I wouldn't say all academic types are brilliant. Some are just puffed up really big and look important.

soonerscuba
5/5/2011, 03:46 PM

Do you know first hand of his brilliance? I haven't seen anything that he has published as a jurist that would make him "brilliant". Now political, he does have a mind for timing and fudging opinions...Lulz.

soonerscuba
5/5/2011, 03:52 PM
As a Ph.D. I wouldn't say all academic types are brilliant.That much is glaringly obvious.

5/5/2011, 04:13 PM

Do you know first hand of his brilliance? I haven't seen anything that he has published as a jurist that would make him "brilliant". Now political, he does have a mind for timing and fudging opinions...Perhaps you've seen the brilliance from his better? half, and were duly impressed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQYdg3LYqJE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-6P7G2RIyg&feature=related

soonercoop1
5/5/2011, 05:31 PM

Ron Paul
Sarah Palin
Michelle Bachman
Rand Paul
Rick Santorium
Newt Gingrich
Huckleberry

Herman Cain would be a great candidate...would love to see how the liberal media treats him...

soonercoop1
5/5/2011, 05:35 PM
You are right. A status quo Republican doesn't stand a chance.

You are correct so if the elites serve up Romney, Huckabee, Gingrich, etc they won't get my vote....

soonercoop1
5/5/2011, 05:37 PM
Cain/West....Please Lord, let it be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy542UgSelQ

That would be great...I would vote for that

delhalew
5/5/2011, 05:42 PM
Herman Cain would be a great candidate...would love to see how the liberal media treats him...

It would be so beautiful. No nonsense Cain against the political hokee pokee of Obama.

5/5/2011, 05:51 PM
Herman Cain would be a great candidate...would love to see how the liberal media treats him...He would get the Clarence Thomas anal exam, and rightly so. Just what does a black man think he's doing acting as a capitalist, and espousing an individual's rights, anyway?

delhalew
5/5/2011, 06:11 PM
He would get the Clarence Thomas anal exam, and rightly so. Just what does a black man think he's doing acting as a capitalist, and espousing an individual's rights, anyway?

He will be the target of vicious attacks. Something tells me he can take it.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/6/2011, 08:52 AM
That much is glaringly obvious.

'Scubas, you know not of what you speak. Someone has a different opinion and like all leftie liberals, you vilify, rather than discuss. You are as intelliectually dishonest as you purport to be high minded. You sir, are a joke.

The Profit
5/6/2011, 09:06 AM
It would be so beautiful. No nonsense Cain against the political hokee pokee of Obama.

We finally have the right wingers where we want them. Now they are looking for a great black hope.

pphilfran
5/6/2011, 09:21 AM
We finally have the right wingers where we want them. Now they are looking for a great black hope.

:)

soonerscuba
5/6/2011, 10:03 AM
'Scubas, you know not of what you speak. Someone has a different opinion and like all leftie liberals, you vilify, rather than discuss. You are as intelliectually dishonest as you purport to be high minded. You sir, are a joke.Cool story, bro. Always, never, no one and everybody are always the true hallmark of a good mind. What else do ALL liberals do? Don't forget to tell everyone about your PhD... again.

lexsooner
5/6/2011, 10:22 AM
Cool story, bro. Always, never, no one and everybody are always the true hallmark of a good mind. What else do ALL liberals do? Don't forget to tell everyone about your PhD... again.

This reminds me of Big Red Ron and his claim he received a J.D. from Brown University. Then when it was pointed out Brown did not have a law school, he said he was mixed up, and Brown was where he got his graduate degree in mathematics. Yeah, that's it, that's the ticket, Ph.D., yeah, I have a Ph.D., or one of those really impressive big degrees, yeah, that's it. . . .

soonerscuba
5/6/2011, 10:32 AM
This reminds me of Big Red Ron and his claim he received a J.D. from Brown University. Then when it was pointed out Brown did not have a law school, he said he was mixed up, and Brown was where he got his graduate degree in mathematics. Yeah, that's it, that's the ticket, Ph.D., yeah, I have a Ph.D., or one of those really impressive big degrees, yeah, that's it. . . .To be totally fair, I think that THA is legit on that front. I vaguely remember him talking about being done at OU.

lexsooner
5/6/2011, 10:40 AM
To be totally fair, I think that THA is legit on that front. I vaguely remember him talking about being done at OU.

10-4, my bad.

The Profit
5/6/2011, 10:40 AM
That much is glaringly obvious.

:D :D

Excuse me for being tardy in my appreciation. Such a simple, yet profound statement.

lexsooner
5/6/2011, 10:53 AM
10-4, my bad.

I must have hurt THA's feelings. He negged me and told me about his Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering. lol OK, I believe you, ok?

soonercoop1
5/6/2011, 04:23 PM
Herman Cain/Allen West 2012

Tulsa_Fireman
5/6/2011, 04:46 PM
Paul Tay 2012

Mjcpr
5/6/2011, 04:47 PM
Paul Tay 2012

Giant wieners for all!

GKeeper316
5/6/2011, 04:56 PM
Dude. She is not dumb. She knows her **** especially on economics.

no. bachman is butt-****in stupid. in the history of american politics, you'd be hard pressed to find someone dumber than she.

GKeeper316
5/6/2011, 04:59 PM
it doesn't matter. no republican stands a chance in 2012. the tea baggers have such a stranglehold on the republican party platform that any republican candidate they nominate will lose out on the moderates and undecideds.

Obama in 2012

delhalew
5/6/2011, 05:23 PM
Herman Cain/Allen West 2012

That'd be blacktastic. I'm in.

delhalew
5/6/2011, 05:27 PM
it doesn't matter. no republican stands a chance in 2012. the tea baggers have such a stranglehold on the republican party platform that any republican candidate they nominate will lose out on the moderates and undecideds.

Obama in 2012

I see you're still on top of your game.

You are good for some laughs.

TIMB0B
5/7/2011, 10:42 AM

I'm skeptical on this guy. He did well in the debates, but he dodged foreign policy with "Romney rhetoric." Also, I have a huge problem with the fact that he was chairman of the federal reserve in Kansas City for 2 years, and does NOT want to audit the fed nor abolish it. The fed is directly responsible for our dollar crashing, and why the prices of commodities are skyrocketing. Not to mention he was in favor of TARP and stimulus!

He scored big points with me on the FairTax, but he's still a neocon as far as I can tell. I fear the GOP thinks they need a black man as candidate for pres so they can say, "see, we're not racists" to try and beat obama.

BTW, Ron Paul has the best chance to beat obama anyway --> linked from the front page of Drudge Report Thursday (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/05/cnn-poll-still-no-front-runner-in-the-battle-for-the-gop-nomination/)

bigfatjerk
5/7/2011, 12:01 PM
I kinda agree about Cain, I would like to see him come up with a better foreign policy other than just "I would need more information" If he came up with something like Palin did for example that would be just fine. Now I don't think for a second that Palin really agrees with that plan, but come up with at least something general like that but is different enough. I do agree that if we ever get into a position where we are at war we need to be in that war to win in every way possible. Which is something that Cain said.

pphilfran
5/7/2011, 12:11 PM

Obama in 2012

If the economy is still in the chitter even Palin could win...maybe not Palin, but Bozo the Clown for sure....

delhalew
5/7/2011, 01:16 PM
I'm skeptical on this guy. He did well in the debates, but he dodged foreign policy with "Romney rhetoric." Also, I have a huge problem with the fact that he was chairman of the federal reserve in Kansas City for 2 years, and does NOT want to audit the fed nor abolish it. The fed is directly responsible for our dollar crashing, and why the prices of commodities are skyrocketing. Not to mention he was in favor of TARP and stimulus!

He scored big points with me on the FairTax, but he's still a neocon as far as I can tell. I fear the GOP thinks they need a black man as candidate for pres so they can say, "see, we're not racists" to try and beat obama.

BTW, Ron Paul has the best chance to beat obama anyway --> linked from the front page of Drudge Report Thursday (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/05/cnn-poll-still-no-front-runner-in-the-battle-for-the-gop-nomination/)

Way to early to decide about Cain, but you may be right.

Any candidate that is serious about dealing with the Fed, becomes a front runner for me.

bigfatjerk
5/7/2011, 01:49 PM
Even though I'm completely against the Fed and agree with Ron Paul that's it's unconstitutional, just like getting rid of entitlements will take time, getting rid of the Fed will take time. Making it more transparent is what we need to see first.

5/7/2011, 03:24 PM
Even though I'm completely against the Fed and agree with Ron Paul that's it's unconstitutional, just like getting rid of entitlements will take time, getting rid of the Fed will take time. Making it more transparent is what we need to see first.kudos

delhalew
5/7/2011, 04:10 PM
Even though I'm completely against the Fed and agree with Ron Paul that's it's unconstitutional, just like getting rid of entitlements will take time, getting rid of the Fed will take time. Making it more transparent is what we need to see first.

Prolly, unless we get the balls to dissolve half the federal government, and revert to a representative republic. Of course, that's crazy talk.

FaninAma
5/7/2011, 05:07 PM
Ron Paul is a statesman and understands what harm
this bought and paid for government is doing to our
kids's futures.

Therefore he will never get elected.

TIMB0B
5/7/2011, 07:53 PM
kids's futures.

He raised over $1M in 24 hours Thursday. People are waking up.

TIMB0B
5/7/2011, 11:06 PM
Cain is a wolf in sheep's clothing (http://www.examiner.com/finance-examiner-in-national/winner-of-republican-presidential-debate-herman-cain-not-a-fiscal-conservative#comments)
On May 5th, several hopeful Republican candidates for President came together for a debate sponsored by Fox News. The unoffical winner of the event was Herman Cain, a recognized businessman who's resume includes being CEO of Godfather's Pizza, a vice-president of both Coca-Cola and Pillsbury, and also President and CEO of the National Restaurant Association.

However, there are two other areas of business and finance that show Mr. Cain is not as fiscally conservative as many are led to believe, and in fact, his monetary policies are more pointed towards corporate benevolence and the status quo versus what is economically good for America.

I didn't see or hear anything "straight" - just "goals", not intended acts. Let's remember who this guy is. Yes, he's a former successful CEO. So am I. He ran bigger companies, but he's got valuable (and valid) experience in the business world.

But he is also a former Federal Reserve Bank Chair!

Does he have any sort of intent - or desire - to put a stop to the abuse of leverage that got us in this mess? Oh hell no.

In fact, what I found astounding was the complete lack of any attention whatsoever in the so-called "debate" last evening to the root causes of the issues we face as a nation. – Market Ticker

Herman Cain, besides being an well established businessman, is also a former chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. In fact, on his radio showearlier this year, Mr. Cain advocated there was no need to audit the Federal Reserve, despite the overwhelming evidence of the central bank's misuse of their charter.

Secondly, during the Fox News Presidential debate Mr. Cain was outspoken for the need to implement the Fair Tax system which has been brought before Congress during the past few years. The Fair Tax is a tax on purchases, and also pays out annual subsidies for poorer citizens based on their incomes.

Herman Cain is the dychotomy between the spilt in the Republican party over the past two years, where pro-business legislators come in opposition with anti-tax and anti-regulation conservatives. Ron Paul represents the new breed of fiscal conservatives while Mr. Cain would be a stalwart of the establishment Republicans.

The business world in America is broken into two primary camps. There is wall street, which represents corporate America, the banking cartels, and global commerce, and then there is main street, which represents the local business owner, and primary provider of employment in the US. Herman Cain represents the wall street side of the business world, and Ron Paul represents the main street division.

While Herman Cain may unofficially have won the Fox News Republican Presidential debate on Thursday evening, and is known by many as a savvy and successful businessman, his track record shows his allegiance is to corporate America, and is not the fiscal conservative the country needs now in our economic state.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Winner of Republican Presidential debate Herman Cain not a fiscal conservative - National Finance Examiner | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/finance-examiner-in-national/winner-of-republican-presidential-debate-herman-cain-not-a-fiscal-conservative#comments#ixzz1LjLRty00

delhalew
5/7/2011, 11:31 PM
kids's futures.

Props for that. Statesman is a word that perfectly describes Paul. His ideas are to big for the majority of a nation bogged down in the apathy that is bred by growing up a trust fund baby. Yet, he stays calm and cool and plugs away until enough people unplug from the matrix, and catch up with him.

He is attacked, ridiculed, and outright ignored, but continues to treat those around him with respect and dignity.

Find me another true statesman in modern government.

yermom
5/7/2011, 11:43 PM
i've yet to see him say anything i really disagree with

bigfatjerk
5/8/2011, 01:52 AM
Prolly, unless we get the balls to dissolve half the federal government, and revert to a representative republic. Of course, that's crazy talk.
I don't disagree but nobody will ever have a chance of getting elected if they say get rid of all entitlements and military and the fed because they'll get demagogued to death by both sides of the aisle.

diverdog
5/8/2011, 09:22 AM

History is starting to take another look at Ike and Grant and both are starting to move up in the Presidential rankings....especially Ike.

delhalew
5/8/2011, 10:17 AM
I don't disagree but nobody will ever have a chance of getting elected if they say get rid of all entitlements and military and the fed because they'll get demagogued to death by both sides of the aisle.

Just to make a minor point, even Paul is not talking about drastically reducing our military. Merely changing the way we use it.

bigfatjerk
5/8/2011, 10:24 AM
There's some things I like about Ike, his civil rights stance for example. And the highway system he started. Although I think we need to just have the government start selling it and making money off that system now.

But if you look at the history of civil rights in the 50s and 60s. Republicans voted more for civil rights than democrats. Democrats were always the anti-civil rights party. Somehow after the CRA passed they changed the dialogue into republicans being anti-civil rights but the south didn't even accept the CRA for much of the 70s even. In Oklahoma which was mostly democrats for the 2 decades we didn't have integrated schools till the late 70s I believe. It may have been mid-70s.

Much of the CRA was actually just rewritten from what Ike couldn't get passed in the 50s. Because the democrats of the 60s in the south were still so much against civil rights act. And had all the Jim Crow laws in place. They ended up passing voting rights which weren't really even followed. The movement didn't get enough traction till the early 60s when enough northern democrats were for civil rights.

Republicans almost always all voted for civil rights acts, overwelmingly. Now the CRA of 64 was a bit different because some republicans thought it was unconstitutional because of how it went into private business. That's why the Goldwater types voted against it. But it was still about 80 something % of republicans for it. About 60% democrats for it and it barely passed.

Okay sorry for the Civil rights class in there. I didn't like that Ike expanded on social security and other entitlements. Even though he didn't do near as bad as LBJ which basically led to the crap we have now where we have no future for Social Security.

delhalew
5/8/2011, 11:38 AM
There's some things I like about Ike, his civil rights stance for example. And the highway system he started. Although I think we need to just have the government start selling it and making money off that system now.

But if you look at the history of civil rights in the 50s and 60s. Republicans voted more for civil rights than democrats. Democrats were always the anti-civil rights party. Somehow after the CRA passed they changed the dialogue into republicans being anti-civil rights but the south didn't even accept the CRA for much of the 70s even. In Oklahoma which was mostly democrats for the 2 decades we didn't have integrated schools till the late 70s I believe. It may have been mid-70s.

Much of the CRA was actually just rewritten from what Ike couldn't get passed in the 50s. Because the democrats of the 60s in the south were still so much against civil rights act. And had all the Jim Crow laws in place. They ended up passing voting rights which weren't really even followed. The movement didn't get enough traction till the early 60s when enough northern democrats were for civil rights.

Republicans almost always all voted for civil rights acts, overwelmingly. Now the CRA of 64 was a bit different because some republicans thought it was unconstitutional because of how it went into private business. That's why the Goldwater types voted against it. But it was still about 80 something % of republicans for it. About 60% democrats for it and it barely passed.

Okay sorry for the Civil rights class in there. I didn't like that Ike expanded on social security and other entitlements. Even though he didn't do near as bad as LBJ which basically led to the crap we have now where we have no future for Social Security.

It's disappointing that acknowledgments of the mistakes made with the CRA means being branded as a racist...ie Paul.

Saying something was done poorly, is quite different from saying it wasn't worth doing.