PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin Improvement.

SoonerofAlabama
5/4/2011, 10:33 PM
What do you guys think Blake Griffin could improve in his game to get to the elite player status?

I was thinking free throws and that deep shot, but what do you think?

Boomer.....
5/5/2011, 07:23 AM
Needs to work on his free throws.

C&CDean
5/5/2011, 09:59 AM
He needs to be more aggressive in the paint...

nativesooner
5/5/2011, 10:23 AM
If Blake could step out and consistently hit a 15 - 20 ft jumper like like some of those other big guys in the league he'd be unstoppable! That would also make his other bigs better as well because it would unclog the paint.

Mad Dog Madsen
5/5/2011, 10:24 AM
I think if he can sink that 14-16 foot jump shot consistently then he could be unstoppable. His free throws will get better IMO. He complains to the ref's too much when he thinks he is fouled a lil too much as well. I think his shot-blocking needs to get better. He has the size and athleticism to dominate the paint Dwight Howard style. That's really about all I can think of off the top of my head. There's no doubt he'll be a great player though...

badger
5/5/2011, 11:03 AM
He should be improving his free throws just with all the in-game practice he's receiving :D

After that, he needs to have more of an outside shot like Dirkie in Dallas. I think he could do this without giving up his dunking, but like many tall guys before him, you can't fly around forever into your 30s, possibly 40s in the NBA. A jumper would extend his career, definitely... and possibly be a little bit safer than pounding his way into the paint all of the time.

starclassic tama
5/5/2011, 03:33 PM
overall defense. play recognition, defending with his back to the basket... with his athleticism there is no reason why he shouldn't be an elite defender.

yankee
5/5/2011, 03:45 PM
Defense and a mid range jump shot (Amar'e style). He gets those things down, and I can't even comprehend how good he can be.

stoopified
5/5/2011, 04:04 PM
If Blake could step out and consistently hit a 15 - 20 ft jumper like like some of those other big guys in the league he'd be unstoppable! That would also make his other bigs better as well because it would unclog the paint.True dat because he already has the 3 shot.While his FT still needs work , he did finish the season around 64% and that is a step up from the 55% he shot at OU.

AlboSooner
5/5/2011, 09:04 PM
He needs to dunk more. Too many layups and not enough dunks.

Blue
5/5/2011, 10:39 PM
He's on Conan in a second. Lets see his comedy skills.

SoonerofAlabama
5/5/2011, 10:51 PM
Blake was really funny. He is still kinda shy in front of the camera.

Soonerjeepman
5/6/2011, 09:33 AM
obviously like most...FT's, mid-range (12 - 15 ft jump shot) and QUIT complaining...at least not as much...

course that last could be said about every elite player...just gets stupid...

Lott's Bandana
5/6/2011, 10:38 AM
He needs to be more aggressive in the paint...

And needs to stop jumping like us white boys...

the_ouskull
5/6/2011, 06:31 PM
Defense, defense, defense. Oh, and also defense.

Outside of that, a willingness to step up his overall offensive game, and let his ability to handle the ball and pass the ball be showcased more. Blake needs to be able to park up at the high post, for possessions at a time, and allow the Clips' offense to run THROUGH him instead of just parking him on the low post and letting it BE him. If Blake can start consistently knocking-down 12'-18'ers, then that will only make everybody on his team (especially DeAndre Jordan) that much better. Instead of being a dangerous player, he could - given time - make them a dangerous (offensive) team.

But first, defense.

the_ouskull