PDA

View Full Version : Best Looking Non-conference Game: 2011-2012

SoonerofAlabama
5/4/2011, 08:28 PM
These are not rankings, but if you would like to rank them: be my guest.

And the Choices Are:

1. B12 Oklahoma Sooners @ ACC Florida State Seminoles, Sept. 17

2. P12 Arizona Wildcats @ B12 Oklahoma State Cowboys, Nov. 24

3. P12 Oregon Ducks @ SEC LSU Tigers, Sept. 3

4. Ind. Notre Dame Fighting Irish @ P12 Stanford Cardinal, Nov. 26

5. P12 Washington Huskies @ B10 Nebraska Cornhuskers, Sept. 17

6. B10 Ohio State Buckeyes @ ACC Miami (FL) Hurricanes, Sept. 17

7. B12 Missouri Tigers @ P12 Arizona State Sun Devils, Sept. 9

8. MWC TCU Horned Frogs @ B12 Baylor Bears, Sept. 2

9. MWC BYU Cougars @ SEC Mississippi Bulldogs, Sept. 3

10. P12 Colorado Buffaloes @ WAC Hawaii Warriors, Sept. 4*

*This game has potential. Colorado is improving and has some remaining talent and Hawaii has the nation's leading passer and a group of talented players.

If I missed a game you think is better or you have a comment about one of my picks tell me about it.

Soonerson1975
5/4/2011, 08:29 PM
Oregon vs. LSU is a huge opening weekend game.

MeMyself&Me
5/4/2011, 08:58 PM
It's got to be either 1 or 3.

Salt City Sooner
5/4/2011, 09:08 PM
A few not on that list:

San Diego St. @ Michigan- SDSU travels to face the guy who led them to 9 wins just last year

Bammer @ Penn St.- Have to like Bama here on paper, but this one also has win one for the Gipper wrote all over it as well

Utah @ Pitt- They played a doozy out in SLC last year. Hopefully this one's close to as good

Auburn @ Clemson- Hopefully CU doesn't totally gag the rematch away

Cincinnati @ Tennessee

LSU @ West Virginia- This is the OOC game I'd be worried about if I were LSU, as you know they're going to be sky high for Oregon. I'm smelling letdown game here (they have a toughie vs. Miss. St. in between). Have to begrudgingly give Lester credit for stepping up the OOC slate this year.

Air Force @ Notre Dame- GO ZOOMIES.

Boise vs. UGA @ Atlanta- interesting to say the least. I'll be watching.

BYU @ Texas- hmmmm.....

SoonerofAlabama
5/4/2011, 09:14 PM
Like those! I guess I missed them. SDSU at Michigan will be interesting for sure.

MI Sooner
5/5/2011, 05:21 AM
Given that every ND game is a non-conference game, and they'll be ranked, you'd think more of their games would be listed. MSU vs. ND should be particularly good. ND/UM and ND/USC always have some cachet.

LVSOONER15
5/5/2011, 08:43 AM
Oregon and LSU will be a dandy. That game for sure will keep someone out of the NCG.

C&CDean
5/5/2011, 09:13 AM
Uh, game #2 is the ARIZONA Wildcats, not the Arizona State Wildcats. That's like calling us the Oklahoma State Sooners.

rock on sooner
5/5/2011, 09:30 AM
I think you have to look almost week by week because who wins and loses
early on will dictate the "value" of some of the latter season games.

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/5/2011, 09:45 AM
Oregon/LSU no doubt

OULenexaman
5/5/2011, 09:54 AM
Uh, game #2 is the ARIZONA Wildcats, not the Arizona State Wildcats. That's like calling us the Oklahoma State Sooners. He could be banned for that.....a day in the hole.:D

Mad Dog Madsen
5/5/2011, 10:31 AM
He could be banned for that.....a day in the hole.:D

I agree, give his @$$ a 1 day ban! :D

rekamrettuB
5/5/2011, 10:47 AM
It would have been Ohio State @ Miami....

badger
5/5/2011, 10:57 AM
Yeah, everyone voted for Oklahoma (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153638&highlight=monday+poll) a few weeks back too :D

Of course, that was just Big 12 non-conference games. I think we came to the conclusion (perhaps begrudgingly) that each of our teams this year is not just dining on cupcakes for once, but have at least one challenge, some more than others.

yermom
5/5/2011, 11:02 AM
#5 might be ugly without Locker. those Bugeaters are going to want blood

LSU/Oregon should be interesting

it's hard not to pick our game though. that should be a good game, but i hope it's not :D

SoonerLVZ
5/5/2011, 01:13 PM
Oregon @ LSU is a HUGE game, if it's a night game, it could be a scary please for the ducks.
Bama @ Penn State could be massive also I don't know what Penn State has in deck this year though.
Boise @ UGA, should be interesting to see how Boise does in SEC land.

rekamrettuB
5/5/2011, 01:57 PM
Oregon @ LSU is a HUGE game, if it's a night game, it could be a scary please for the ducks.
Bama @ Penn State could be massive also I don't know what Penn State has in deck this year though.
Boise @ UGA, should be interesting to see how Boise does in SEC land.

I think that game is at Jerrah World in Arlington.

The Maestro
5/5/2011, 02:45 PM
Am I the only one who thinks calling it "Best Looking" is a strange category title?

You wouldn't say "Most Intriguing" supermodel.

That is all.

Sooner_Tuf
5/5/2011, 03:59 PM
6. B10 Ohio State Buckeyes @ ACC Miami (FL) Hurricanes, Sept. 17

I think this game could have been good. As of now it looks like Ohio State will be lucky to their Scout Team eligible to play.

SoonerofAlabama
5/5/2011, 04:43 PM
I think this game could have been good. As of now it looks like Ohio State will be lucky to their Scout Team eligible to play.

...And names keep popping up of their players doing wrong. NCAA is cracking down.

SoonerofAlabama
5/6/2011, 11:31 PM
Actually, both Miami and Ohio State have lost tons of talent because of players doing wrong.

Mac94
5/7/2011, 10:14 AM
I'd think the Texas A&M vs Arkansas game is a bit better than some listed so far ;)

Mac94
5/7/2011, 10:15 AM
Texas @ UCLA will be interesting as well

Mac94
5/7/2011, 10:28 AM
And a few more:

Pitt @ Iowa
Colorado @ Ohio St.
Florida @ Florida St.
TCU vs BYU

SoonerofAlabama
5/28/2011, 11:46 PM
I don't really put Florida and Florida State as non-conference just because they play each other every year.