View Full Version : No bin Laden pics coming

The Maestro
5/4/2011, 12:44 PM
Damn, Barry. Just when I liked you.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/04/osama-bin-laden-pictures_n_857568.html

BUZZKILL!!!!!

badger
5/4/2011, 12:48 PM
Agree with the decision. I think there's too much risk in saying that bin Laden is dead if he actually isn't, so the fact that the announcement was so definitive is good enough for me.

If you want to see a picture of a dead Osama, visit our fark board. In particular this thread right here. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153852)

Mississippi Sooner
5/4/2011, 12:49 PM
Well, that seals it for me. It was all a fake!

OULenexaman
5/4/2011, 12:51 PM
makes sense....58% of the people want to see them....NO he say's......58% didn't want Obamacare shoved up their ***....YES he say's.

3rdgensooner
5/4/2011, 12:51 PM
I have zero interest in seeing the pics. And most who are suspicious of the veracity of the story won't be convinced by any pics.

Soonerson1975
5/4/2011, 12:52 PM
I bet within 6 months they are in Rolling Stone magazine.

Mississippi Sooner
5/4/2011, 12:52 PM
I have zero interest in seeing the pics. And most who are suspicious of the veracity of the story won't be convinced by any pics.

Veracity always makes me very suspicious.

jk the sooner fan
5/4/2011, 12:55 PM
there pictures of the 1) holocaust ; 2) landing on the moon; c) planes flying into the world trade center

and yet - people still deny any of it exists

i think they should release the burial photo - just because it'd be fun to see him getting fed to the fishes

homerSimpsonsBrain
5/4/2011, 12:56 PM
The folks that are really upset about this are on Fox and CNN. No morbid ratings boost. The people that saw him as a hero wont believe he is dead unless they can put their fingers in the holes in his head.

OUDoc
5/4/2011, 12:57 PM
They will be leaked.
Everything gets leaked.

The Maestro
5/4/2011, 01:01 PM
Well, I did pull a long gray hair out of my crab cake last night so I figure that was bin Laden's beard hair in the sea...so that proves it happened.

The
5/4/2011, 01:02 PM
I bet within 6 months they are in Rolling Stone magazine.

This

They will be leaked.
Everything gets leaked.
And this.

And the White House will be OUTRAGED that they were leaked.

OUMallen
5/4/2011, 01:06 PM
Actually kind of brilliant. Think about it.

Al Queda will likely announce the truth of OBL being dead in a call to arms. That way, everyone has enough proof of OBL's death, we don't have to release the photos as a focal point of fundamentalist muslim rage, and we may al queda admit a defeat.

And if al queda DOESN'T want to announce that OBL is dead, thereby admitting a big defeat at the hands of Americans, then that's cool too. OBL is then not used as a matyr, but we still have plenty of people (vast majority) believing he is dead.

Win-win for USA, and this whole matter has been handled very well, I think.

sooner59
5/4/2011, 01:08 PM
Even Leon Panetta said they will come out eventually.

The Maestro
5/4/2011, 01:10 PM
From the reports it said he was living with 9 women and 23 kids. We should have left him alive. Sounds like hell to me. Death was an escape for him.

lexsooner
5/4/2011, 01:18 PM
One of OBL's wives attacked the SEALs when they entered the bedroom. She was unarmed and a SEAL shot her in the leg, wounding her. There is nothing indicating OBL did anything but get shot. In the end, one of Osama's wives showed more guts than he did. And I still don't believe OBL got shot with only two bullets to the head. I tend to think he was peppered with machine gun bullets like Bonnie and Clyde. Two bullets just sounds cleaner.

Soonerson1975
5/4/2011, 01:48 PM
One of OBL's wives attacked the SEALs when they entered the bedroom. She was unarmed and a SEAL shot her in the leg, wounding her. There is nothing indicating OBL did anything but get shot. In the end, one of Osama's wives showed more guts than he did. And I still don't believe OBL got shot with only two bullets to the head. I tend to think he was peppered with machine gun bullets like Bonnie and Clyde. Two bullets just sounds cleaner.

So Warren Beatty is going to play Osama in a movie now?

Romulus
5/4/2011, 01:51 PM
make him squeal like a pig?

Mjcpr
5/4/2011, 01:53 PM
make him squeal like a pig?

That's Ned. Warren's pudgy little brother.

yermom
5/4/2011, 01:54 PM
:mad:

Romulus
5/4/2011, 01:54 PM
doh

Soonerwake
5/4/2011, 01:55 PM
Agree with the decision. I think there's too much risk in saying that bin Laden is dead if he actually isn't, so the fact that the announcement was so definitive is good enough for me.

If you want to see a picture of a dead Osama, visit our fark board. In particular this thread right here. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153852)

Agreed. I see nothing good coming from releasing the pics other than our morbid desire to see gruesome pics. And, no reason to inflame the situation any more than we have to. The announcement is good enough for me.

Plus, as was said many times, the pics will get leaked out anyway within the year.

REDREX
5/4/2011, 01:56 PM
It serves no purpose to let the pictures out---Good Call by Barack

badger
5/4/2011, 01:57 PM

Other reports say that Osama had euros sewn into his clothes, as well as phone numbers written on them so that he could make an imminent escape at any time.

As for the wives et al, they were apparently zip-tied while they went after "Geronimo." Speaking of, the real Geronimo's tribe wants an apology for that code name.

Romulus
5/4/2011, 01:59 PM
Ubama probably did the right thing

The Maestro
5/4/2011, 02:26 PM
Speaking of, the real Geronimo's tribe wants an apology for that code name.

We'll try better next time, sensitive Geronimo tribe peoples.

http://www.80stees.com/images/products/George-T-Bone-Seinfeld-Shirt-link.jpg

C&CDean
5/4/2011, 02:27 PM
Meh. I doubt it's Geronimo's homeys. It's the uber-retarded white apologists that run around calling indians "native americans."

The
5/4/2011, 02:29 PM
Meh. I doubt it's Geronimo's homeys. It's the uber-retarded white apologists that run around calling indians "native americans."

Tru dis. The Apaches really just would like to have his skull back.

C&CDean
5/4/2011, 02:30 PM

Well that, and a couple cases of Krylon Clear and we'll call it good.

3rdgensooner
5/4/2011, 02:30 PM
Or maybe it's some uber-sensitive American Indians (http://www.freep.com/article/20110504/NEWS05/110504030/Metro-Detroit-s-American-Indians-angry-over-use-Geronimo-code-name)....

C&CDean
5/4/2011, 02:32 PM
Detroit apaches? STFU. This dumb bitch ain't never even been to Ft. Sill, and I'd bet a dollar I have more indian blood than she does.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/4/2011, 02:33 PM
NO BODY, NO PHOTOS...where's Trump when ya REALLY need him?

picasso
5/4/2011, 02:34 PM
Even Leon Panetta said he will come out eventually.

I knew it!

OrlandoSooner
5/4/2011, 02:50 PM
And the White House will be OUTRAGED that they were leaked.

Fixed it for you. They can take the high road and still release/leak them when it is advantageous to them.

I'm not an Obama fan at all, but I think he has handled this thing right. Down to the details of releasing the Long Form Birth Certificate the week of the invasion...Anybody remember that from last week?

TheHumanAlphabet
5/4/2011, 02:53 PM
I have great interest in seeing the pics from a voyeur stand point.

I hope and bet they will make the diplomatic rounds with those pics...

The A-rabs are stupid for claiming he ain't dead.

soonerhubs
5/4/2011, 02:54 PM
Although I feel that displaying the photo is unnecessary, I can't help but bring up the hypocrisy pointed out by Drudge.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/5215068/Barack-Obama-to-release-up-to-2000-photographs-of-prisoner-abuse.html

TheHumanAlphabet
5/4/2011, 02:55 PM

Some tribe up New York way was complaining... The Onodaga's?

The Profit
5/4/2011, 03:16 PM

I heard that George Bush (the old one) has it on the shelf in his library.

JLEW1818
5/4/2011, 03:20 PM
from what i heard, Michelle Obama ate the pics

The Profit
5/4/2011, 03:23 PM
[U]

Actually, its the Okie Apaches, who are complaining

[I]Indian Tribe Seeks Apology for Use of Code Name Geronimo for Bin Laden

The Fort Sill Apache Tribe leader is demanding that President Obama apologize for the government's use of the code name "Geronimo for terrorist Usbama bin Laden.

Tribal Chairman Jeff Houser asked for the apology in a letter sent Tuesday to the president.

"We are grateful that the United States was successful in its mission against Bin Laden, but associating Geronimo's name with an international terrorist only perpetuates old stereotypes about Apaches," Houser wrote.

JohnnyMack
5/4/2011, 04:14 PM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/photos/unidentified-body-man-seen-raid-u-navy-seal-photo-195008698.html

Supposedly from Reuters. I think this person is dead.

Fixed link direct from Reuters:

http://www.reuters.com/subjects/bin-laden-compound

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/4/2011, 04:22 PM
I agree with the decision

It accomplishes nothing

Bourbon St Sooner
5/4/2011, 04:36 PM
They will be leaked.
Everything gets leaked.

Including bin Laden's brains.

ba-dum crash!

soonercoop1
5/4/2011, 05:05 PM
My bet is they'll be released when he needs a poll bump....he is that predictable...

AlboSooner
5/4/2011, 07:53 PM
Have members of the various media, even Al Jazerra, come in and look at them, but do not release them publicly. I don't care about gore voyeurism.

soonercruiser
5/4/2011, 08:06 PM
Osma pictures? Not a good idea!

Mjcpr would just post a pictiure of Bin Laden's wife.....drop dead gorgeous I hear!

MR2-Sooner86
5/4/2011, 08:50 PM
Yup, defiantly no balls.

OUMallen
5/6/2011, 10:16 AM
Actually kind of brilliant. Think about it.

Al Queda will likely announce the truth of OBL being dead in a call to arms. That way, everyone has enough proof of OBL's death, we don't have to release the photos as a focal point of fundamentalist muslim rage, and we may al queda admit a defeat.

And if al queda DOESN'T want to announce that OBL is dead, thereby admitting a big defeat at the hands of Americans, then that's cool too. OBL is then not used as a matyr, but we still have plenty of people (vast majority) believing he is dead.

Win-win for USA, and this whole matter has been handled very well, I think.

Al-Qaida has confirmed Osama bin Laden's death in an Internet statement.

5/6/2011, 11:53 AM
Al-Qaida has confirmed Osama bin Laden's death in an Internet statement.That settles it. They never lie.

OUMallen
5/6/2011, 11:58 AM
That settles it. They never lie.

I hate you. Seriously, I honestly do. If you were hurt in an auto accident and needed someone to call 911, I happened by, I knew who you were somehow, and you weren't going to die, I think I'd just go on about my way. Happily.

5/6/2011, 01:17 PM
I hate you. Seriously, I honestly do. If you were hurt in an auto accident and needed someone to call 911, I happened by, I knew who you were somehow, and you weren't going to die, I think I'd just go on about my way. Happily.You are NOT alone. Prolly all the lefty, PC types here feel that way. Even some of the more PC "centrists" don't like to hear from me. Good that you are showing your true self.

Scott D
5/6/2011, 01:24 PM
I'd be sad if that happened to rushy clone. How else would I be able to see 17 threads in a week about his mancrush on John McCain?

XingTheRubicon
5/6/2011, 01:41 PM
I hate you. Seriously, I honestly do. If you were hurt in an auto accident and needed someone to call 911, I happened by, I knew who you were somehow, and you weren't going to die, I think I'd just go on about my way. Happily.

good lord, it's just the internet dude.

soonercruiser
5/6/2011, 01:56 PM

Nope!
This is the problem with this forum.
There are people behind every post.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. (just not their own facts)

I wouldn't even jokingly tell someone that I'd let them die, if I had the opportunty to intervene.
That's as sick as all the perverts on this site that turn every thread into a discussion of their genitals. I really have no respect for them at all. And, if required to do CPR to save, I just wouldn't be the one doing the mouth-to-mouth.
:(

Scott D
5/6/2011, 01:59 PM
why does this thread suddenly have to be about your genitals cruiser?

JohnnyMack
5/6/2011, 02:00 PM

Says the guy who just threatened me in a PM. You really are a piece of work.

XingTheRubicon
5/6/2011, 04:02 PM
I thought cowards liked irony

starclassic tama
5/6/2011, 04:21 PM
Says the guy who just threatened me in a PM. You really are a piece of work.

hahaha

in jesus name we beat people up over the internet!

JohnnyMack
5/6/2011, 04:28 PM
I thought cowards liked irony

http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/19/1924/PLO9D00Z/posters/wwjd.jpg

OUMallen
5/6/2011, 04:37 PM
Good lord, no one can detect or take a joke anymore. Sheesh.

But seriously Limbaugh, I was just adding a fact to the thread.

5/6/2011, 08:58 PM
How does an avowed hatred thread stay active, and one mentioning JOHN MCCAIN get locked? This place is becoming really fu-ukced effing-UP. in a somewhat srs way!

The Maestro
5/7/2011, 08:02 AM
I'm drinking coffee reading this thread and I am about as confused as the final season of "Lost".

What in the wide world of sports just happened here?

sanantoniosooner
5/7/2011, 10:32 AM
http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/23319/slide_23319_275202_large.jpg?1304782177175

pphilfran
5/7/2011, 10:38 AM
Looks like we are going to get his home movies instead....

stoopified
5/7/2011, 10:54 AM
Am I the only one who hopes they chummed the waters to attract sharks before deep-sixing Osama?

pphilfran
5/7/2011, 11:44 AM
Am I the only one who hopes they chummed the waters to attract sharks before deep-sixing Osama?

I though OBL was the chum...

Whet
5/7/2011, 03:40 PM
No death pictures, but Obama releases propaganda videos of Osama.

BudSooner
5/7/2011, 03:51 PM
Looks like we are going to get his home movies instead....
Muslim pr0n?:eek:

StoopTroup
5/7/2011, 04:11 PM
How many of you who grow pot....don't smoke it like UBL?