PDA

View Full Version : Calories How many

olevetonahill
5/3/2011, 08:41 PM
Are ya posed to take in ,in a day?
Best I can reckon the last 3 er 4 days Ive been hittin less than a 1000

Maybe why Im dumping some of this fat *** of mine.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/3/2011, 08:44 PM
2000 is normal, give or take 800.

AlboSooner
5/3/2011, 08:46 PM
2000 calories.

or 1,900 Natty Lights.

Mongo
5/3/2011, 08:48 PM
Are ya posed to take in ,in a day?
Best I can reckon the last 3 er 4 days Ive been hittin less than a 1000

Maybe why Im dumping some of this fat *** of mine.

to steadily lose weight, in a healthy manner, intake around 1500. the body naturaly burns 2000 with average movement and metabolism. add a two to three workout or cardio routine per week and your results will multiply

Mongo
5/3/2011, 08:49 PM
or 1,900 Natty Lights.

he should spend some cash on Michelob Ultra

sappstuf
5/3/2011, 08:51 PM
he should spend some cash on Michelob Ultra

That Cactus and Lime is pretty good stuff...

Mongo
5/3/2011, 08:54 PM
my metabolism is waaay up. I cooked a steak for dinner tonight, and I swear it wasnt fourty five minutes later I farted and it had the essence of the steak I just cooked

rekamrettuB
5/3/2011, 08:55 PM
12-1500 will lose you some weight without feeling weak or doing any types of fad diets or speed. Keep at it and it becomes super easy after about 3 weeks.

olevetonahill
5/3/2011, 08:55 PM
So then by just doing a 1000 Im ok?
I weighed this morning and was at 240 then this evening i were at 237.
Hell Ill take that. Im gonna get below 200 if it it kills me.

Mongo
5/3/2011, 08:58 PM
So then by just doing a 1000 Im ok?
I weighed this morning and was at 240 then this evening i were at 237.
Hell Ill take that. Im gonna get below 200 if it it kills me.

I can weight 230 in the morning, poop, pee, and walk and weigh less in the evening.

stick with 1500/day. it is slow and steady, and isnt that far of a stretch from a normal diet.

olevetonahill
5/3/2011, 08:59 PM
12-1500 will lose you some weight without feeling weak or doing any types of fad diets or speed. Keep at it and it becomes super easy after about 3 weeks.

Had a Healthy Choice her supper tonight Still feel full. And saw on the box its only 350.
Had a small bowl of Oatmeal 1 piece of toast and 1 bacon strip for Brefast. then around 2 a small Peanut butter sammich, Cause I had to go to town and that was fast an easy
Aint taking any pills er nuthin just drankin lts of water

olevetonahill
5/3/2011, 09:01 PM
I can weight 230 in the morning, poop, pee, and walk and weigh less in the evening.

stick with 1500/day. it is slow and steady, and isnt that far of a stretch from a normal diet.

Ill make sure I dont go over the 1500, But if i can keep this 1000 up Maybe Ill dump this faster.
Gonna weigh in the mornin and see what it is then

Mongo
5/3/2011, 09:04 PM
you def will lose more quicker with 1000, but that is far off from a normal amount. do you plan on intaking 1000 for the rest of your days? if so, keep it up. once you hit your target weight with a crash diet, you go back to your old ways. Look at Oprah's transistioning fat ***

olevetonahill
5/3/2011, 09:09 PM
you def will lose more quicker with 1000, but that is far off from a normal amount. do you plan on intaking 1000 for the rest of your days? if so, keep it up. once you hit your target weight with a crash diet, you go back to your old ways. Look at Oprah's transistioning fat ***

Naw, Bu8t I hope Ill stay more active and I know I wont be eating like I was

3 eggs 4er 6 pieces of bacon 2 slices of toast and some Cheese grits fer brefas will make ya Fat

Plus Id eat a 2 sammichs at least fer lunch then a Big ole supper.

Naw Im gonna get this weight off then work to keep it off.;)

C&CDean
5/3/2011, 09:13 PM
In the immortal words of Dean, "only you can control what you put on your mother****ing fork."

I feels your pain Howie. I struggle just like most of us do. In the end, you eat right, play right, party right and it's all good.

Mongo
5/3/2011, 09:15 PM
In the immortal words of Dean, "only you can control what you put on your mother****ing fork."

I feels your pain Howie. I struggle just like most of us do. In the end, you eat right, play right, party right and it's all good.

Abner's serve light scotch now?

C&CDean
5/3/2011, 09:18 PM
Abner's serve light scotch now?

Only fags drink the scotch. Irish for me.

Mongo
5/3/2011, 09:18 PM
Naw, Bu8t I hope Ill stay more active and I know I wont be eating like I was

3 eggs 4er 6 pieces of bacon 2 slices of toast and some Cheese grits fer brefas will make ya Fat

Plus Id eat a 2 sammichs at least fer lunch then a Big ole supper.

Naw Im gonna get this weight off then work to keep it off.;)

eat your eggs, but hard boiled or cooked with non fat cooking spray, not dooshed in pork grease. eat some toast, not dooshed in cow fat or sugary toppings. eat some grits, not loaded with cream or cheese. srsly, count calories and grams of fat.

C&CDean
5/3/2011, 09:22 PM
eat your eggs, but hard boiled or cooked with non fat cooking spray, not dooshed in pork grease. eat some toast, not dooshed in cow fat or sugary toppings. eat some grits, not loaded with cream or cheese. srsly, count calories and grams of fat.

STFU. You eat the eggs, the pork grease, and the cream or cheese. Leave the POS toast, sugary toppings, and grits for the diabetics. Eat the animal by-products and berries.

olevetonahill
5/3/2011, 09:23 PM

Indo love my country cookin, But I got to eat less of it.

Why Im doing these Health C meals right now
The hell of it is I aint eaten much all day but I dont feel hungry Like i did when I ate a bunch.

Hell I get down below 200 , Shave and cut my hair and start drankin Miller er some ****, wont none of ya recognize me at a Tail Gate :D

C&CDean
5/3/2011, 09:24 PM
Indo love my country cookin, But I got to eat less of it.

Why Im doing these Health C meals right now
The hell of it is I aint eaten much all day but I dont feel hungry Like i did when I ate a bunch.

Hell I get down below 200 , Shave and cut my hair and start drankin Miller er some ****, wont none of ya recognize me at a Tail Gate :D

I might just wanna **** you or something if you get that purdy...

olevetonahill
5/3/2011, 09:25 PM

Heh Im boiling 2 an 1/2 dozen right now to Pickle

STFU. You eat the eggs, the pork grease, and the cream or cheese. Leave the POS toast, sugary toppings, and grits for the diabetics. Eat the animal by-products and berries.

Dean I like My Cheese grits now :pop:

Got a big ole Ham I need to slice up

Mongo

he could eat pork grease all he wants, so can you, but if you want to change your lifestyle and weight, you will give it all up cause you know it isnt good for you. I am fixing to move again cause big truck tacos breakfast is going to be my downfall

StoopTroup
Dean....he is dead sexy right now i tell ya.

StoopTroup
5/3/2011, 09:27 PM
BTW....that Egg McMuffin toaster I bought the Wife will hard boil 3 eggs.

http://www.eggandmuffintoaster.net/toaster.jpg

Mongo
5/3/2011, 09:27 PM
Heh Im boiling 2 an 1/2 dozen right now to Pickle

I ate a couple of them in a dive bar in Noble. holy **** man, those things are rough.

Al Gore
5/3/2011, 09:31 PM
Right now I am in the cutting mode and taking in 1700. During the bulk mode, I take in 4,000.....

Also, drink Bud Select 55...

olevetonahill
5/3/2011, 09:33 PM
I might just wanna **** you or something if you get that purdy...

Better sell tickets then cause they gonna be one hell of a fight.:D

Jammin'
5/3/2011, 09:34 PM
BTW....that Egg McMuffin toaster I bought the Wife will hard boil 3 eggs.

http://www.eggandmuffintoaster.net/toaster.jpg

Ill be a sonofagun, we share the same taste in toasters AND internet suppliers?

Seriously, this is one of my fav things. Nothing like a homemade Egg JaMuffin in the morn. (well, morning bj is much, much better, but you get the point)

olevetonahill
5/3/2011, 09:35 PM
I ate a couple of them in a dive bar in Noble. holy **** man, those things are rough.

Then they wernt done right Bro

I like em, Plus By Picklin em they stay good , and ya always have a boiled egg fer yer tuna er just a salad.

C&CDean
5/3/2011, 09:35 PM
Better sell tickets then cause they gonna be one hell of a fight.:D

Wouldn't that be a sight? We could sell a ****pot of tickets.

olevetonahill
5/3/2011, 09:37 PM
Dean....he is dead sexy right now i tell ya.

Plus I aint gonna cut my hair nor scrape my face. And Ill never give up my natty

olevetonahill
5/3/2011, 09:37 PM
Wouldn't that be a sight? We could sell a ****pot of tickets.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Al Gore
5/3/2011, 09:38 PM
Had a Healthy Choice her supper tonight Still feel full. And saw on the box its only 350.
Had a small bowl of Oatmeal 1 piece of toast and 1 bacon strip for Brefast. then around 2 a small Peanut butter sammich, Cause I had to go to town and that was fast an easy
Aint taking any pills er nuthin just drankin lts of water
When I am cutting, I use my iPhone app "My Fitness Pal" to track calories, sodium, cholesterol and vitamins and minerals. You can also do it on the computer. I also recommended GNC vitamins and some type of cardio.

C&CDean
5/3/2011, 09:39 PM
he could eat pork grease all he wants, so can you, but if you want to change your lifestyle and weight, you will give it all up cause you know it isnt good for you. I am fixing to move again cause big truck tacos breakfast is going to be my downfall

If you wanna change your lifestyle and weight you give up the muffins/waffles/pancakes/taters, not the meat/eggs/cheese. Big truck tacos is ****ing you up cause of the tortillas, not the meat/cheese. When a fat boy like me can lower his cholesterol and blood pressure well below normal, and drop over 45 lbs. and not go hungry doing it then I gotta say it's the way to go. Of course I sweat my *** off every day at the gym for a couple hours but I do enjoy it.

olevetonahill
5/3/2011, 09:43 PM
My Cholesterol is Great in fact its way LOW .

I just need to dump this extra baggage, and Im sure My BP nand Blood Sugars will fall in line to.

olevetonahill
5/3/2011, 09:44 PM
When I am cutting, I use my iPhone app "My Fitness Pal" to track calories, sodium, cholesterol and vitamins and minerals. You can also do it on the computer. I also recommended GNC vitamins and some type of cardio.

How I do that on the Puter bro?
Im takin One a days right now

Mongo
5/3/2011, 09:49 PM
If you wanna change your lifestyle and weight you give up the muffins/waffles/pancakes/taters, not the meat/eggs/cheese. Big truck tacos is ****ing you up cause of the tortillas, not the meat/cheese. When a fat boy like me can lower his cholesterol and blood pressure well below normal, and drop over 45 lbs. and not go hungry doing it then I gotta say it's the way to go. Of course I sweat my *** off every day at the gym for a couple hours but I do enjoy it.

I have gained and lost more cup sizes than you can fathom. I can eat taters and tortillas and unfiltered lard, but in moderation.

weight loss is ****ing simple. it really is. your body naturally burns X per day with normal movement. you go over X, your moobs get bigger. you stay under X, titties get smaller. plain and simple. Adkins diet, weight watchers, Richard Simmons bull****, it doesnt matter. it is simple science.

no magic cure, no restricted diets. it is all about caloric intake and burning

Al Gore
5/3/2011, 09:50 PM
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

Al Gore
5/3/2011, 09:53 PM
I have gained and lost more cup sizes than you can fathom. I can eat taters and tortillas and unfiltered lard, but in moderation.

weight loss is ****ing simple. it really is. your body naturally burns X per day with normal movement. you go over X, your moobs get bigger. you stay under X, titties get smaller. plain and simple. Adkins diet, weight watchers, Richard Simmons bull****, it doesnt matter. it is simple science.

no magic cure, no restricted diets. it is all about caloric intake and burning
I agree with Mongo....

Basically.....if you are over 3,500 on your weekly intake, you gain a pound. If you are 3,500 under on your weekly intake, you loose a pound.

Mongo
5/3/2011, 09:55 PM
I agree with Mongo....

Basically.....if you are over 3,500 on your weekly intake, you gain a pound. If you are 3,500 under on your weekly intake, you loose a pound.

your B cups are looking nice these days. thanks for the pics

Al Gore
5/3/2011, 09:56 PM
I can make them dance......

Al Gore
5/3/2011, 09:57 PM
.....for a price.....

olevetonahill
5/3/2011, 09:57 PM
I agree with Mongo....

3500 a week ? :confused:

olevetonahill
5/3/2011, 09:58 PM
Just peeled 30 eggs in 10 minutes thats a record fer me.;)

Mongo
5/3/2011, 10:00 PM
Just peeled 30 eggs in 10 minutes thats a record fer me.;)

Dean would be impressed if you peeled 30 squirrels in 10 minutes

Mongo
5/3/2011, 10:01 PM
.....for a price.....

I am bored. name it and pm me your paypal

Al Gore
5/3/2011, 10:02 PM
Do this as a guideline.....

http://calculators.hpathy.com/calories-need.asp

StoopTroup
5/3/2011, 10:07 PM
I just hard boiled 4 eggs. I'm ready for a nice egg salad lunch tomorrow. I bought a huge jar of pickled jalepenos from Sams ($3.29).

I also bought two huge jars of really nice Olives too.

We have fresh Salsa fresh pico and fresh guacamole in the fridge too.

I'm having a really nice lunch tomorrow.

Al Gore
5/3/2011, 10:08 PM
I can't pm...

Just go to my site.....paypal and credit cards accepted...

www.watchmyboobsdance.com

olevetonahill
5/3/2011, 10:11 PM
Dean would be impressed if you peeled 30 squirrels in 10 minutes

Cant do that But I used to be able to skin em pretty easy, Dont reckon i forgot how.

delhalew
5/3/2011, 10:28 PM

Heh. I like the way you think. I suppose that would work if you eat less of it.

I messed up and made pancakes for my little girl once. Now I make em every sat and sun morning cause I can't figure out how to say no. They making daddy fat...ter.

SunnySooner
5/3/2011, 10:35 PM
It's just kinda hard to be a human these days, specially a 'Merican variety. Walk in to any grocery store, and you see the plenty that has never really existed before. We have easy access to thousands of calories on a daily basis, and that is really a new development. Not so long ago, we had to go out and hunt and forage for that, not just cruise down Aisle 6 for the Twinkies.

The question is not "why are so many people overweight"--that's easy! Because there is so much calorie-laden food easily and cheaply attained. The real question is "why is anyone normal/skinny/healthy" in this land of plenty.

We are so hard-wired to eat while the eatin's good, to store up for lean times, the fact that roughly 40% of the population is NOT overweight is something that needs to be figured out. THEN we could make a pill/shot/whatever to fix the 60% of the peeps that DO need to lose a few. Then, there's no diabetes/heart disease/hypertension, etc.

I hope this gets figured out sooner than later, it could be a game changer.

SoCaliSooner
5/3/2011, 11:33 PM
I cored a pineapple, ate some of the fruit, put some on a burger, cut some up for the wahine and kinai ahi, then just poured copious amounts of rum and ice into the cored out pineapple and drank. Thunder won, I'm sleepy. Hands are sticky from pineapple.

Ctina
5/4/2011, 07:17 AM

3500 excess or deficit calories, not total caloric intake.

Don't get too hung up on the day to day fluctuations on the scale since the body is constantly going up and down in water. Weekly fluctuations are more reliable. Another good way to track is to get a tailor's measuring tape and track your measurements.

soonerbrat
5/4/2011, 07:25 AM

he means 3500 calories OVER what you use. not 3500 total.

soonerbrat
5/4/2011, 07:30 AM
and btw, there's a livestrong application on the iPhone that is really good to count calories. has lots of foods to choose from, including fast food menus. you enter your weight and it gives you your daily calorie goal - you also enter your physical activity. it's very helpful

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 08:21 AM
and btw, there's a livestrong application on the iPhone that is really good to count calories. has lots of foods to choose from, including fast food menus. you enter your weight and it gives you your daily calorie goal - you also enter your physical activity. it's very helpful

Yea after I posted that I figured out what he was talking about

As for the Iphone deal, You do know who yer talking to dont ya?
Girl I can barely send a Text.:O

stoops the eternal pimp
5/4/2011, 08:22 AM
I've lost 25 lbs over the last couple of months and some change..

All I've done is eat about 1600 cals a day broken up...Eat whatever I want but

8am-2pm 800 cals
2pm-8pm 800 cals

workout 3 days a week..

down from 242 to 217...

KuppiKunta
5/4/2011, 08:26 AM
I'd pay money to see 'vet doing some cardio!!!

JDMT
5/4/2011, 08:28 AM
I take in approx 3000-4000 a day.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/4/2011, 08:29 AM
I've seen him give lapdances...that's worth a few dollars

The
5/4/2011, 08:30 AM
I take in approx 3000-4000 a day.

Fat Bastard.

JDMT
5/4/2011, 08:32 AM
Fat Bastard.

GET IN MY BELLY!!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
5/4/2011, 08:33 AM
Dr Oz said when you lose weight, the weenis grows....

The
5/4/2011, 08:34 AM
GET IN MY BELLY!!!!

I'll spike your insulins. I'm full of booze this AM.

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 08:34 AM
I'd pay money to see 'vet doing some cardio!!!

Vet dont have a clue as to what 'Cardio" means :O

JDMT
5/4/2011, 08:39 AM
I'll spike your insulins. I'm full of booze this AM.

It's hard to take in that many calories a day being diabetic. Thank god i don't have to take insulin. BG this morning 102.

The
5/4/2011, 08:43 AM
BG this morning 102.

Wat?

I know nothing of the sorceries involved in diabeetus.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/4/2011, 08:49 AM
http://www.thewheelfx.com/lane/GIFS/Diabeetus.jpg

JDMT
5/4/2011, 08:53 AM
Wat?

I know nothing of the sorceries involved in diabeetus.
102 is good. A normal person may have a fasting BG of 70-80 though

http://www.thewheelfx.com/lane/GIFS/Diabeetus.jpg

That's freaking funny!!!!

The
5/4/2011, 08:54 AM

Tha **** is a BG? Is it like a BJ?

C&CDean
5/4/2011, 09:12 AM
No cardio for the olevet, but he sure can do the 12-ounce curls:

http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/7395/dsc0034o.jpg (http://img852.imageshack.us/i/dsc0034o.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 09:13 AM

That's freaking funny!!!!

Checked mine awhile ago, It was 167 , Prolly help if Id remember to take my meds at night.:O

JDMT
5/4/2011, 09:13 AM
Metformin?

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 09:14 AM

http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/7395/dsc0034o.jpg (http://img852.imageshack.us/i/dsc0034o.jpg/)

:D Bro I can do em all day and never get tired;)

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 09:15 AM
Metformin?

You watch yer Whore mouth.:mad:

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 09:16 AM
Metformin?

1000mgs plus2 5mgs of Glyburide

JDMT
5/4/2011, 09:16 AM

Santa drinks natty lite?

C&CDean
5/4/2011, 09:17 AM
Santa drinks whatever the **** Santa wants to drink.

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 09:19 AM
Santa drinks whatever the **** Santa wants to drink.

And By gawd I brang my own. :D

Mongo
5/4/2011, 09:20 AM
workout 3 days a week...

puss

JDMT
5/4/2011, 09:20 AM
1000mgs plus2 5mgs of Glyburide

I'm on 1000 mg a day of Met for me. Doc said if it didn't help he'd put me on Glyburide. So far it's working. Sure miss my bread, taters, and pasta though!!!

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 09:23 AM
I'm on 1000 mg a day of Met for me. Doc said if it didn't help he'd put me on Glyburide. So far it's working. Sure miss my bread, taters, and pasta though!!!

They telling me next step is the insulin carp. Why im wanting to lose weight. I really believe that if I get the weight down and eat right from now on, I wont need most of these meds.

They started me out with 500 Met a day then went to a 1000 then went to 1000 in the morning and evening. Now Im maxed out on Met and Glyburide.:O

Mongo
5/4/2011, 09:26 AM
They telling me next step is the insulin carp. Why im wanting to lose weight. I really believe that if I get the weight down and eat right from now on, I wont need most of these meds.

They started me out with 500 Met a day then went to a 1000 then went to 1000 in the morning and evening. Now Im maxed out on Met and Glyburide.:O

you know alcohol converts into sugar after it goes through the liver.:D

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 09:33 AM
you know alcohol converts into sugar after it goes through the liver.:D

Actually the chick at the Monitor Clinic told me that Booze Lowers the Sugar level :confused:

JDMT
5/4/2011, 09:37 AM

Losing weight is a big part of it, also eating better helps a ton.. I'm hoping never to have to get on insulin. Also i've switched from regular bud to bud select it's pretty good, and only has 3 grams of carbs the bud select 55 only has 1.9 grams of carbs. Let me tell ya i'm not giving up my suds!!

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 09:45 AM
Losing weight is a big part of it, also eating better helps a ton.. I'm hoping never to have to get on insulin. Also i've switched from regular bud to bud select it's pretty good, and only has 3 grams of carbs the bud select 55 only has 1.9 grams of carbs. Let me tell ya i'm not giving up my suds!!

Me either, but I have cut way the hell back.

OhU1
5/4/2011, 09:46 AM
I eat 2,200 - 2,600 Sunday through Thursday and about 4,500 - 5,000 on Friday and Saturday.

I use a calorie counting/monitoring software program called "Diet Power". You set a future weight goal and imput your calories and exercise each day and the software gives you a calorie "budget" target for reaching the goal. If your weight reflects that your metabolism is slow or fast the program "learns" and adjusts your daily calorie budget to keep you on track to your goal.

I do 3 one hour jogging sessions during the week and am very strict to never let myself miss a workout or cut it short. I've lost 33 pounds since late July doing this.

Slow and steady weight loss. No feeling of deprivation at any time and still get to quaff lots of brew on the weekend. I think my metabolism stays pretty stoked this way and just as importantly to me I can enjoy my weekends and my life and not have to obsess about food because I'm not deprived.

I'll probably need to tweak my calories down a little to move the weight loss down another 20 more pounds by fall. Summer should be easier because of the volume of vegs and fruit that are readily available.

texaspokieokie
5/4/2011, 09:54 AM
i lost about 30 lbs once, bout 20 yrs ago. exercise & low cal meals.
gained it back, mostly, but weigh only about 165,now.

i too, have diabetes. not too bad tho, no insulin. just metformin.

texaspokieokie
5/4/2011, 09:57 AM
Note; when losing weight, cut back on most everything but beer.

texaspokieokie
5/4/2011, 10:00 AM

i take the 1000 mg Met, twice/day. i still need to lose about 10 to 15 lbs,
& exercise more.

do you check (stick finger) blood sugar every day ???
i do.

JDMT
5/4/2011, 10:05 AM
& exercise more.

i do.

I check somtimes 4 times a day.

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 10:07 AM
& exercise more.

i do.

I did But the VA only wants me to do it every 3 days er so now. Seems the test strips are to expensive to send out.

So now I just do it when I aint feeling right, Ive learned the signs of High and low. so I just confirm it

texaspokieokie
5/4/2011, 10:08 AM
i started out doing it 3 times, but after a while my Doctor said twice is enough.
how high do you get ??

i have been a little over 200, but only very seldom.

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 10:09 AM
I check somtimes 4 times a day.

If I undersatnd em right, The Only reading that really matters is when ya 1st get up. cause yer reading is going to go up an down all day depending on what ya eat and how much exercise yer getting

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 10:11 AM
i started out doing it 3 times, but after a while my Doctor said twice is enough.
how high do you get ??

i have been a little over 200, but only very seldom.

Highest was over 300, But i had neglected to take my meds for 3 days and had just eating a Good brefast ;)

texaspokieokie
5/4/2011, 10:13 AM
I did But the VA only wants me to do it every 3 days er so now. Seems the test strips are to expensive to send out.

So now I just do it when I aint feeling right, Ive learned the signs of High and low. so I just confirm it

i can tell "high" & "low" also, but still check twice a day. Medicaid pays for
my strips & stuff. I'm quite old you know.

i was only diagnosed about 3 yrs ago. really scared me. had a friend that went blind. (now deceased). don't think i want to live like that. Wife had an (old) uncle that had a leg amputated. Bad **** !!!!

JDMT
5/4/2011, 10:14 AM
If I undersatnd em right, The Only reading that really matters is when ya 1st get up. cause yer reading is going to go up an down all day depending on what ya eat and how much exercise yer getting

That's the most accurate reading. I check first roll out of bed. If you wait a while you'll get a liver dump to get your body going, and it'll raise the BG level. I check before meal to help decide what i can eat. I also check at bed time. Call me paranoid??? hahaha I ain't losing my sight, or any of my limbs!!!!

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 10:16 AM
V.A. pays for mine but they stingy.
I do go in for Lab work every 3 months tho and they can do a daily average from that.
No clue how that works . But as long as they happy Im good with it

texaspokieokie
5/4/2011, 10:16 AM
That's the most accurate reading. I check first roll out of bed. If you wait a while you'll get a liver dump to get your body going, and it'll raise the BG level. I check before meal to help decide what i can eat. I also check at bed time. Call me paranoid??? hahaha I ain't losing my sight, or any of my limbs!!!!

Me too !!!! i check only @ first rise (about 5 am) & rite before bed .(10 to 10:30)

texaspokieokie
5/4/2011, 10:19 AM
V.A. pays for mine but they stingy.
I do go in for Lab work every 3 months tho and they can do a daily average from that.
No clue how that works . But as long as they happy Im good with it

Me too. I only go every 6 months, & like you, don't see how they get a daily average from that.

just got mine last week. looks like daily average = 143. that's a little too high. (i think)

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 10:25 AM
Me too. I only go every 6 months, & like you, don't see how they get a daily average from that.

just got mine last week. looks like daily average = 143. that's a little too high. (i think)

Yea seems a lil on the high side, But aint really BAD
I figure If I can keep mine under 150 Im doing good.

jkjsooner
5/4/2011, 10:31 AM
The way I look at it, exercise takes an hour or so a day. A diet is a 24 hour a day job. I tend to do a lot better on the exercise part...

I'm almost 40 and I know I'm reaching the stage where exercise just won't cut it. As it is I've reached a point where my body just can't handle as much as it could a few years ago.

Anyway, I'll probably be one of those 45 year olds who run a marathon one day and die of a heart attack the next because they masked their bad diet with exercise...

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 10:38 AM
The way I look at it, exercise takes an hour or so a day. A diet is a 24 hour a day job. I tend to do a lot better on the exercise part...

I'm almost 40 and I know I'm reaching the stage where exercise just won't cut it. As it is I've reached a point where my body just can't handle as much as it could a few years ago.

Anyway, I'll probably be one of those 45 year olds who run a marathon one day and die of a heart attack the next because they masked their bad diet with exercise...

The deal for me is the only 2 things wrong is My BS and BP
And both are related to my weight.

Cholesterol is Below average So i got that going for me. I just need to lose 40 lbs and I nbelieve those 2 Probs will pretty much correct themselves

soonerbrat
5/4/2011, 11:06 AM
Dr Oz said when you lose weight, the weenis grows....

1 inch per 35 pounds.

texaspokieokie
5/4/2011, 11:09 AM

Cholesterol is Below average So i got that going for me. I just need to lose 40 lbs and I nbelieve those 2 Probs will pretty much correct themselves

Probly so.

Mongo
5/4/2011, 11:18 AM
1 inch per 35 pounds.

pffft, not true

soonerbrat
5/4/2011, 11:36 AM
pffft, not true

well, it just looks longer...it isn't really longer

KuppiKunta
5/4/2011, 11:45 AM
1 inch per 35 pounds.

I bet there's some fatphucks around here that haven't even seen theirs in years!!!

NormanPride
5/4/2011, 11:53 AM
I can never use those calorie per day calculators. If I ate that much every day I'd weigh 400 pounds...

Caboose
5/4/2011, 01:06 PM
0 calories Mon, Wed, Fri
No calories after 6 PM every day.
Run at least 3 times a week.

Lost 37 pounds since March 14th.

C&CDean
5/4/2011, 01:20 PM
I bet there's some fatphucks around here that haven't even seen theirs in years!!!

Yeah, but they have you to do it for them.

NormanPride
5/4/2011, 01:26 PM
0 calories Mon, Wed, Fri
No calories after 6 PM every day.
Run at least 3 times a week.

Lost 37 pounds since March 14th.
By dying?

jkjsooner
5/4/2011, 01:28 PM

Yeah, I have BP problems - have been on medication since mid 20's. It's a hereditary thing.

I need to get my cholesterol checked. I haven't done so in years but my optomotrist said she say cholesterol deposits in my eyes and said it's not common for someone under 40 and suggested I get mine checked. I need to do it...

As for BS, I'm fine now and I figure with exercise and controlling my weight I should be good. My dad just lost his big toe due to adult onset diabetes but, to be frank, he hasn't taken care of himself.

3rdgensooner
5/4/2011, 01:28 PM
I have no problem maintaining a 1500 per day calorie limit. And then I pour that first glass of wine.....

The
5/4/2011, 01:37 PM
I have no problem maintaining a 1500 per day calorie limit. And then I pour that first shot of jager.....

Go on...

Mongo
5/4/2011, 01:38 PM
By dying?

Skeletor has some competition

3rdgensooner
5/4/2011, 01:41 PM
Go on...http://rookery.s3.amazonaws.com/976000/976376_9a53_625x1000.jpg

Romulus
5/4/2011, 01:43 PM
which VA do you go to? I'm pretty good friends with the main cardiologist at the VA in OKC.

KuppiKunta
5/4/2011, 01:45 PM
Yeah, but they have you to do it for them.

Stalker Alert!!!

C&CDean
5/4/2011, 02:00 PM
Dickhead alert.

KuppiKunta
5/4/2011, 02:07 PM
Point proven.

C&CDean
5/4/2011, 02:09 PM
Indeed.

The
5/4/2011, 02:10 PM
Indeed.

DeNed.

(get it?)

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 02:12 PM
which VA do you go to? I'm pretty good friends with the main cardiologist at the VA in OKC.

The Clinic in Ft Smith

C&CDean
5/4/2011, 02:16 PM
DeNed.

(get it?)

Of course.

I dropped some yellow blotter that was supposed to be a 4-way hit myself back in the day. Ended up pulling up crosses in an old indian graveyard while Gimme' Shelter was playing full volume and started throwing them boomerang-style at all the helecopters with search lights that were scanning the desert for me.

When I finally started to come down I was swimming across the English Channel in the sand in a dry riverbed.

soonerchk
5/4/2011, 02:24 PM
The Clinic in Ft Smith

I think there's a diabetes clinic in Poteau.

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 02:40 PM
I think there's a diabetes clinic in Poteau.

There may be,

Mongo
5/4/2011, 02:40 PM
where's your herpes clinic?

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 02:47 PM
where's your herpes clinic?

In my pants, Come on Ill treat ya.