PDA

View Full Version : Pokes still make me laugh!

SoonerofAlabama
5/3/2011, 07:28 PM
Went to orangepower.com (for the laughs, of course.)

They were talking about how Orie Lemon is a better prospect than Von Miller:

Oh I agree.

But still...#2 overall compared to undrafted?

I don't think there is THAT much difference.

I just feel that the NFL and other pro sports tend to overlook intangible things like "leadership", "character" etc. or even VERY tangible things like "results" and "actual performance".

It is just crazy knowing this guy outperformed Von Miller this year and he is may be going undrafted while Von Miller is the #2 overall....
There isn't that much of a difference...

Ha ha

oudavid1
5/3/2011, 07:41 PM
Im pretty sure most draft experts said Von was one of the most solid picks in the draft.

Sooner_Tuf
5/3/2011, 07:44 PM
Orie ran like a 5 second 40 or close to it at the combine. Maybe it was 4.93 or something. Gonna be pretty hard to be a LB in the NFL when most of the Big Boys are faster than you.

DarrellZero
5/3/2011, 07:52 PM
Being the best player on a bad defense isn't much of a credential.

Quik Sand
5/3/2011, 07:54 PM
Saw a lot of the combine coverage on the NFL network. Lemon fell down on nearly every passing drill while trying to backpedal and change direction quickly. The "QB" would fake a ball left or right to get Lemon to react..which he was off balance constantly. Good college player, but would be eaten alive at the next level.

tfoolry
5/3/2011, 09:57 PM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/tfoolry/0152.jpg

CowboyMRW
5/3/2011, 11:09 PM
You Gooners won't be laughing December 4th!!!!!!!! :D :D :P

ouwasp
5/3/2011, 11:11 PM
and Lemon will still be undrafted...

SoonerofAlabama
5/3/2011, 11:13 PM
Cowboys strike again. what a shot.

CrimsonRez
5/3/2011, 11:56 PM

nope we will be packing our bags for the BCS Championship game...while laughing :)

CrimsonRez
5/4/2011, 12:17 AM

whoops)

85sooners
5/4/2011, 03:11 AM
Pokes are dip$hits

stonecoldsoonerfan
5/4/2011, 05:42 AM

i've been watching OU fb for about 45 years. most of the time when OU beats aggroid, we just yawn....:stunned:

texaspokieokie
5/4/2011, 07:38 AM
Im pretty sure most draft experts said Von was one of the most solid picks in the draft.

same guys that said cam should be #1.

oudavid1
5/4/2011, 08:13 AM
same guys that said cam should be #1.

and he was.

Sooner11JK
5/4/2011, 08:44 AM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/tfoolry/0152.jpg

Saw Bikerfox at 7-11 in NW Norman last night. I thought he was like Bigfoot, but there he was.

Strange dude.

NMSooner'80
5/4/2011, 09:49 AM
If you want some additional laughs, check out the on-line Daily Oklahoman today. They're already whining about a lack of respect for the 2011 season, and it's barely May.

badger
5/4/2011, 10:22 AM
Not to detract from the giggles at OP.com, but I think the Pokes almost have a point... not about Orie deserving to get drafted or whatever, but Von going as high as he did.

NP had to convince me, and this was the argument he used: How many game-changing linebackers are in the league that would warrant that high of a pick?

Brian Urlacher... yes. Ray Lewis... definitely. Clay Matthews... I love you :D

Not many. Defenses in the Neffel are usually made by solid lines up front and corners covering deep.

Von is a great player. But the #2 overall pick is usually reserved for a franchise player, no?

SoonerofAlabama
5/4/2011, 10:31 AM
Not to detract from the giggles at OP.com, but I think the Pokes almost have a point... not about Orie deserving to get drafted or whatever, but Von going as high as he did.

NP had to convince me, and this was the argument he used: How many game-changing linebackers are in the league that would warrant that high of a pick?

Maybe a little biased?;)

oudavid1
5/4/2011, 10:33 AM

Not many. Defenses in the Neffel are usually made by solid lines up front and corners covering deep.

Von is a great player. But the #2 overall pick is usually reserved for a franchise player, no?

Yeah...BUT, when Blaine Gabbert says that Missouri slid protection to Von Miller "every play", that tells you something. He was the best, most athletic player on a very good defense. Besides, you cant always take a QB, WR, or RB with a #2 pick. I think it was a great move for that team. I just wish the Titans had a solid passing game :(

badger
5/4/2011, 10:42 AM
Maybe a little biased?;)

One of the moderators loves the Packers too. Since you're new here, I thought I'd give you fair warning before you say something anti-Green Bay :P

SoonerofAlabama
5/4/2011, 10:47 AM
I wouldn't. I love the packers. I was just kidding.:D

Seamus
5/4/2011, 12:10 PM
Clay Matthews... I love you :D

Ewwwww!

He was on a certain team from TGOWWDNS (redshirt).

Never forgive, never forget.

badger
5/4/2011, 12:26 PM
Ewwwww!

He was on a certain team from TGOWWDNS (redshirt).

Never forgive, never forget.

Pete Carroll didn't recruit him and he had to walk-on despite his eventual first-round pick status.

Have to love a guy that Pete Carroll didn't think was good enough for his group of 5-star recruits who get paid more to be at SC than they do in the NFL (ok, so we only assume that's true, not saying it definitely is)

Seamus
5/4/2011, 01:00 PM
OK (grudgingly) ...

:D

Cornfed
5/4/2011, 01:26 PM
Von Miller may have been the largest contributing factor to our Sooners loss this last year.

I mean twice we are inside the 10 and cant block the sucker!!!

Bourbon St Sooner
5/4/2011, 02:14 PM
Von Miller looked pretty damn good against us. I'm not sure why we weren't putting an extra blocker over there are using a back to chip him. KW doesn't seem to like to change his schemes to deal with one guy.

Oh, and Green Bay blows:D

picasso
5/4/2011, 02:36 PM
Von Miller may have been the largest contributing factor to our Sooners loss this last year.

I mean twice we are inside the 10 and cant block the sucker!!!

He could have started anywhere in the secondary for oSu.