Ball State W

@Texas W

@Kansas W

@Kansas State TRAP

Texas A&M W

Iowa State W

@Baylor W

@Oklahoma State TOSS UP

A lot is riding on how our defense is. If they are better than last season then all the games are very winnable. However, if they don't live up to their hype I can see us losing to FSU and one other

rekamrettuB
5/3/2011, 06:46 PM
3 road trips in a row? That sucks.

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/3/2011, 06:48 PM
3 road trips in a row? That sucks.

Dallas...kinda

Sooner_Tuf
5/3/2011, 07:41 PM
Florida State is the only game that I really have doubts about. Dallas is frequently closer than it should be. Texas is going to have a huge chip on their shoulders. Remains to be seen if they can do anything about it.

OSU is a game I guess we should focus on but I don't see them having a good enough D to beat OU. Their Offense should be really good. I smell Poke Choke #9 coming down the pike.

MichiganSooner
5/3/2011, 08:03 PM
It is what it is. A schedule. Need to play the games and win. If we do, good things happen...title #8.

rekamrettuB
5/3/2011, 08:22 PM
Dallas...kinda

It is a road game because the team travels from home. Even tho it's neutral it's a road game to both teams.

starclassic tama
5/3/2011, 08:26 PM
if we drop a game, i just don't see it being florida state. unless the defense isn't much improved over last year, i'm not seeing florida state being as much of a challenge as everyone seems to think.

rekamrettuB
5/3/2011, 08:30 PM
There's a game missing between those "3 road trips in a row". Texas Tech after Texas is at Norman. So that's good.

madillsoonerfan5353
5/4/2011, 07:47 AM
if we drop a game, i just don't see it being florida state. unless the defense isn't much improved over last year, i'm not seeing florida state being as much of a challenge as everyone seems to think.

This ^^^^^^ IDK how many starts Ponder had, but he got waxed in Norman. I don't see a first year starting QB beating us after a tuff game against SAMFORD to warm up on, home or not. Reid was gonna return punt all over us last year and he had a grand total of like 46 yards. OU wins this one BIG TIME! Mark it down. If Flemming comes back this d will be way better than last year, and if he doesn't I don't think we slip that much. Who ever is going to replace Flemming might be to young to know what kind of pressure is on them? Kind like when Landry came in for Sam against BYU?

:gary:

SoonerofAlabama
5/4/2011, 10:00 AM
EJ Manuel won't be a first-time starting quarterback, though. Ponder was hurt several times last season and Manuel stepped in. Manuel started in the Chik-fil-A Bowl for them and several other games.

The Maestro
5/4/2011, 10:08 AM
Just like any game, if we jump on teams early, we win. Our two losses last year were due to early turnovers and giving up early big plays. We dug ourselves holes we could not get out of. Now we finally found a way to come back from that against Nebraska so we should learn from it.

I hope we come out aggressive. If so, I see no reason this team can't score 40 on every team we play. If we do that, how good does our defense really need to be? Take away a teams ability to think they can hang with us and watch them roll over. If we fall down 14-0 to some team cause of a sloppy start, it could be nerves for four quarters.

Bottom line--I am interested to see the mentality of play calling from Josh Heupel in the early parts of every game. I believe he is going to be an assassin at preparation and exposing weaknesses that have defenses scrambling.

madillsoonerfan5353
5/4/2011, 10:14 AM
Just like any game, if we jump on teams early, we win. Our two losses last year were due to early turnovers and giving up early big plays. We dug ourselves holes we could not get out of. Now we finally found a way to come back from that against Nebraska so we should learn from it.

I hope we come out aggressive. If so, I see no reason this team can't score 40 on every team we play. If we do that, how good does our defense really need to be? Take away a teams ability to think they can hang with us and watch them roll over. If we fall down 14-0 to some team cause of a sloppy start, it could be nerves for four quarters.

Bottom line--I am interested to see the mentality of play calling from Josh Heupel in the early parts of every game. I believe he is going to be an assassin at preparation and exposing weaknesses that have defenses scrambling.

Word! I hope that he has that killer mentality that we have been missing the last few years!

nativesooner
5/4/2011, 11:53 AM
Some of the "experts" on ESPN are saying we can't play D on the road, using last years games at Cinci, A&M and Mizzou as examples. One guy said that we'll lose to FSU, OSU and Texas was a tossup. I personally think that if we beat FSU (which I believe we can) we'll run the table.

madillsoonerfan5353
5/4/2011, 12:00 PM
Some of the "experts" on ESPN are saying we can't play D on the road, using last years games at Cinci, A&M and Mizzou as examples. One guy said that we'll lose to FSU, OSU and Texas was a tossup. I personally think that if we beat FSU (which I believe we can) we'll run the table.

Word to your mother! If I'm not mistaking we were missing some key pieces in our D and trying to get young guys up to speed in other parts early on. Plus trying to force A-Train into playing before he was ready. We have some pieces missing, but we will field a more experience team this year IMO!

:gary:

Soonerfan88
5/4/2011, 04:16 PM
I have no real worries about any game on the schedule this year. If the team plays to their ability, OU should be favored for all of them. Issues with injury or mental breakdown, however, can derail any season for any team.

BTW, I don't support ESPN so here is a link to the schedule from Soonersports instead: http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/okla-m-footbl-sched.html

:D

nativesooner
5/4/2011, 04:30 PM
I have no real worries about any game on the schedule this year. If the team plays to their ability, OU should be favored for all of them. Issues with injury or mental breakdown, however, can derail any season for any team.

BTW, I don't support ESPN so here is a link to the schedule from Soonersports instead: http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/okla-m-footbl-sched.html

:D

Wait... you mean this one right?

http://www.soonersports.com/ot/future_football_schedules.html

Are we only playing 4 games!? :D

sendbaht
5/4/2011, 05:32 PM
We will breeze though this schedule. Trip up (almost) at Baylor, but win. Little brother gets all up for us trying to so what Baylor did only to walk away....yes......disappointed.....we play for the NC and win number 8...

Sabanball
5/4/2011, 06:11 PM
The conventional wisdom is that FSU will give you guys a game--sorry, I'm not buying it. Barring an unexpected injury I don't expect ANYONE on your schedule to finish within 10 pts of you, and you will not face anything near equal talent until January 2012 in New Orleans when you play an SEC team(I'm predicting Bama/LSU) for the NC.

SoonerofAlabama
5/4/2011, 06:21 PM
The conventional wisdom is that FSU will give you guys a game--sorry, I'm not buying it. Barring an unexpected injury I don't expect ANYONE on your schedule to finish within 10 pts of you, and you will not face anything near equal talent until January 2012 in New Orleans when you play an SEC team(I'm predicting Bama/LSU) for the NC.

It is possible, but one of our games will at least be within 10 for sure, near the end of the year. The experts will then talk about how we are losing it and we will come back even stronger the next week.

sooner59
5/4/2011, 06:26 PM
18-0 baby!

SoonerofAlabama
5/4/2011, 06:29 PM
18-0?

starclassic tama
5/4/2011, 07:50 PM
Word! I hope that he has that killer mentality that we have been missing the last few years!

haha what does this even mean?

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/4/2011, 07:56 PM
18-0?

Yes

OU will be THAT good

SoonerofAlabama
5/4/2011, 09:53 PM
Yes

OU will be THAT good

I would like to see that!

Soonerfan88
5/4/2011, 10:01 PM
Wait... you mean this one right?

http://www.soonersports.com/ot/future_football_schedules.html

Are we only playing 4 games!? :D

oops! :O

Maybe it means the conference has just conceded the games to OU so they don't get too embarrassed on television. ;)