PDA

View Full Version : Sooners 2011: Mission Impossible?

SoonerofAlabama
5/3/2011, 05:44 PM
Is there too much pressure on our Sooners? Not just the No. 1 ranking, but all of the problems we have had this offseason. With the arrests and the problems with certain players and the NCAA violation we had, although small, could end up costing us a shot. We have talent, no doubt, but is it just too much for them? Try to calm my nerves here. If possible.:rolleyes:

Mongo
5/3/2011, 06:08 PM
Try to calm my nerves here. If possible.:rolleyes:

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/133113_o.gif

BoulderSooner79
5/3/2011, 06:11 PM
Mission improbable - for all teams. But our improbable is at least as probable as any other team and more probable than most, probably. That probably helped.

SoonerofAlabama
5/3/2011, 06:39 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/133113_o.gif
I like the way you think Mongo.:)

Jacie
5/3/2011, 07:23 PM
At this point it is all relative. The Sooners will be the preseason #1 which gets you nothing but a lot of attention no team needs that wants to finish on top. It is an added headache for the coaching staff, hopefully, one it will have learned how to deal with from having already faced it.

I still think the one area of concern, the one that could cost OU a game they should win is the inability to replace DeMarco Murray. Unless someone steps up as the go-to guy, the one who can get a first down when opposing defenses have everything else covered on third-and-long, we will see more drives stall this season than last. Heupel needs to identify the player that will be there for Jones to make that dump off pass when Broyles et al aren't open or he has to get rid of the ball lest he take a sack. As impressive as 65 td's over DM's career meant, the team wins accumulated when he made those first downs to keep a drive alive.

JLEW1818
5/3/2011, 09:35 PM
the expectations are always high at Oklahoma.

A conference title is expected every season.

A National Title is a goal every season... a realistic goal.

tfoolry
5/3/2011, 09:46 PM
Did Auburn have any distractions last yr? I don't recall.

ouwasp
5/3/2011, 11:09 PM
Well, Sooner or later, OU will have to live up to preseason expectations when it comes to MNC hopes. Might as well be this yr. :cool:

Mad Dog Madsen
5/4/2011, 08:19 AM
What?

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 08:58 AM
Is there too much pressure on our Sooners? Not just the No. 1 ranking, but all of the problems we have had this offseason. With the arrests and the problems with certain players and the NCAA violation we had, although small, could end up costing us a shot. We have talent, no doubt, but is it just too much for them? Try to calm my nerves here. If possible.:rolleyes:

I musta missed a bunch cause I only heard about ONE kid gettin a DUI and his runnin partner gettin an Interference Call.

We will be fine.

bonkuba
5/4/2011, 09:01 AM
I musta missed a bunch cause I only heard about ONE kid gettin a DUI and his runnin partner gettin an Interference Call.

We will be fine.

I was thinking the same thing......I musta slept through all the arrests :D

Mad Dog Madsen
5/4/2011, 09:04 AM
SoonerofAlabama is actually an Auburn fan...

Widescreen
5/4/2011, 09:09 AM

We will be fine.

Frosh DT got arrested a couple of days ago for theft at Dillards.

bonkuba
5/4/2011, 09:11 AM

Yep.....you are right. I even commented in the thread to the idocy......after 40 your memory starts to fade :D

SoonerofAlabama
5/4/2011, 09:42 AM
SoonerofAlabama is actually an Auburn fan...

Very not true. I cannot stand living around here sometimes. The SEC fans like to talk about how extraordinary their defenses are, the Alabama and Auburn fans say Oklahoma is terrible and explain that they would kill us if they played us. It is stupid sometimes, especially in the fall.

olevetonahill
5/4/2011, 09:56 AM

I dint read about that, Im guessing theres a thread here about it?
In the Off season I usually just scan threw the Football forum.

Widescreen
5/4/2011, 12:27 PM
I dint read about that, Im guessing theres a thread here about it?
In the Off season I usually just scan threw the Football forum.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153865

It's actually still on page 1.

PalmBeachSooner
5/4/2011, 12:49 PM
Did Auburn have any distractions last yr? I don't recall.

I was wondering the same thing...then I got distracted.

Cornfed
5/4/2011, 01:04 PM
Auburn was not number 1 entering the season.

tcrb
5/4/2011, 08:32 PM
EVERY year that the University of Oklahoma fields a football team there is a very realistic possibility that they will win another national championship.

BoulderSooner79
5/5/2011, 12:42 AM
EVERY* year that the University of Oklahoma fields a football team there is a very realistic possibility that they will win another national championship.

*Blake years not included. Rebuilding years such as '99, '05, '09 not considered. Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited by law. Consult your physician immediately if you experience shortness of breath or anal bleeding.

85sooners
5/5/2011, 01:44 AM
Landry will guide this sooner squad to the promise land

meoveryouxinfinity
5/5/2011, 10:15 AM
Being #1 only means you fall harder when you do lose.
It doesn't mean you are more likely to lose or that you lost because you were #1.
ALSO
Being #1 doesn't mean your opponent played better/harder. It means they celebrate more when the beat you.