Washington QBs on Roster: #5 Nick Montana-Freshman
#13 Mike King-Freshman
#16 Erik Wilson-Freshman
#17 Keith Price-Freshman

Nevada QBs on Roster: #12 Harrison Stewart-Freshman
#13 Mason Magelby-Freshman
#16 Tyler Lantrip-Junior
#17 Cody Fajardo-Freshman

If you pay attention to the quarterbacks, you will notice a resemblance: Every roster has a freshman, some are entirely made of freshmen. There are going to be a lot of teams next year with tons of work to do. It is the offseason, anyways. Which of these teams do you think will do best next year? Rank 'em.

Mississippi Sooner
5/3/2011, 04:19 PM
Bama has Phil Sims? :eek:

Mad Dog Madsen
5/3/2011, 04:20 PM
FSU will be fine. Bama will be ok. The rest of them are going to suck. :)

sooner59
5/3/2011, 04:21 PM
Bama has Phil Sims? :eek:

Does he smoke as much pot as Chrissy?

SoonerNomad
5/3/2011, 04:29 PM
Today on rivals radio on xm they were talking about former NC State QB Russell Wilson being a possible one year solution for teams like South Carolina, Auburn, Kansas State, Wisconsin and UCLA, among others.

Wilson was given his unconditional release despite a career 78 to 26 TD to int. ratio and a ton of talent and experience. He is also available this year so he won't have to sit out like most transfers.

badger
5/3/2011, 04:37 PM
Hope none of those teams plan to be successful this season :D

I keed. I know teams can still have winning records and possibly get a look at a potential conference... divisional... championship... upon replacing a veteran QB with a froshie or sophomore.

But national titles I think are out of the question. You either need a upperclassman as a QB or one that has experience as a starter.

Anyone care to refute that? I just kind of tossed that out there as an opinion, not fact :)

Mad Dog Madsen
5/3/2011, 04:39 PM
Today on rivals radio on xm they were talking about former NC State QB Russell Wilson being a possible one year solution for teams like South Carolina, Auburn, Kansas State, Wisconsin and UCLA, among others.

Wilson was given his unconditional release despite a career 78 to 26 TD to int. ratio and a ton of talent and experience. He is also available this year so he won't have to sit out like most transfers.

I thought they released him so he could play minor league baseball? Why would he come back this year?

EatLeadCommie
5/3/2011, 04:49 PM
I think they released him because he requested it. It was openly stated that he would not be the starter next season due to him not focusing solely on the sport of football. That's why he left.

Mad Dog Madsen
5/3/2011, 04:57 PM
Interesting... I think they're starter (Glennon?) was highly recruited outta HS anyways. May be the best bet for him if he has dreams of going pro.

Okie35
5/3/2011, 06:24 PM
FSU will be fine. Bama will be ok. The rest of them are going to suck. :)

Yea Bama can win w/ bad QBs, John Parker Wilson is a good example. Their run game is the bulk of their offense.

oudavid1
5/3/2011, 07:22 PM
Arkansas QBs on Roster: #8 Tyler Wilson-Sophomore
#9 Jacoby Walker-Freshman
#16 Brian Beuhner-Freshman
#17 Brandon Mitchell-Freshman

These kids have all the physical tools. They are gonna be just fine. Mitchell should transfer if he dosnt start.

oudavid1
5/3/2011, 07:39 PM
If you pay attention to the quarterbacks, you will notice a resemblance: Every roster has a freshman, some are entirely made of freshmen. There are going to be a lot of teams next year with tons of work to do. It is the offseason, anyways. Which of these teams do you think will do best next year? Rank 'em.

BTW, all of these classifications are a year off. These classifications are from last year.

SoonerofAlabama
5/3/2011, 09:18 PM
I know, I got them from ESPN. Some of these guys are recruits, though, and will be freshmen. I just didn't want to call some of the guys sophomores that were freshmen, so I kept them all as they were last year. They are still in school, too. So they are technically these classifications.

BigRed47
5/3/2011, 11:36 PM
Don't forget that OU won a NC in 1985 with a freshman QB who didn't even start the year.

ouwasp
5/3/2011, 11:48 PM
Hope none of those teams plan to be successful this season :D

I keed. I know teams can still have winning records and possibly get a look at a potential conference... divisional... championship... upon replacing a veteran QB with a froshie or sophomore.

But national titles I think are out of the question. You either need a upperclassman as a QB or one that has experience as a starter.

Anyone care to refute that? I just kind of tossed that out there as an opinion, not fact :)

Jamelle Holieway sez hi...

:)

badger
5/4/2011, 10:16 AM
Nothing against people born before the 80s, but allow me to make you feel older than you already do: that was a different era of college football. I'm talking about the BCS era :D

I loves me some wishbone highlights, but I don't think that type of offense would work in college anymore.

oudavid1
5/4/2011, 10:35 AM
I think (biased) that OU might have 3 D1 capable starters on their roster right now. 1 for sure (LJ)

KuppiKunta
5/4/2011, 10:41 AM

Since when does "unconditional release" mean not having to sit out a year?

badger
5/4/2011, 10:47 AM
He's been at NC State for four years (redshirt year and three years playing). It's possible that he's already got his degree, in which case you can transfer to a school without sitting out a year for a grad school program not offered at your first school (like Masoli did when moving from Oregano to Ole Missy)