PDA

View Full Version : Reshard Mendenhall Tweets about Osama

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/3/2011, 03:17 PM
Moron

http://twitter.com/#!/R_Mendenhall

What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side...

sooner59
5/3/2011, 03:23 PM
What an unbelievable dip****.

SoonerofAlabama
5/3/2011, 03:26 PM
He is just a religious guy, but you can't defend Bin Laden. If you read some of his other tweets, some are spiritually deep, but some just make him sound dumb.

adoniijahsooner
5/3/2011, 03:29 PM
It's his opinion and he is allowed to it.

Dio
5/3/2011, 03:34 PM
It's his opinion and he is allowed to it.

...and we're allowed to point and laugh.

Mad Dog Madsen
5/3/2011, 03:35 PM
I've had about enough of this f*ckin Twitter... I guess I'm the only one who doesn't give a sh*t about it. I've seen alot worse then what he said. He's a pro athlete so I guess that's what makes this a big deal.

OULenexaman
5/3/2011, 03:38 PM
I've had about enough of this f*ckin Twitter... I guess I'm the only one who doesn't give a sh*t about it. I've seen alot worse then what he said. He's a pro athlete so I guess that's what makes this a big deal. your not alone....I'll have a beer with ya..:D

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/3/2011, 03:45 PM
For the record...I'm not on twitter

OULenexaman
5/3/2011, 03:52 PM
good....your buyin'..

adoniijahsooner
5/3/2011, 03:52 PM
...and we're allowed to point and laugh.

I don't agree with the two side part, but I do find some of the celebrations and comments a bit twisted. However, this is America, and as Americans we have the right to celebrate a terrorists death; and we also have the right to say whatever we choose to say on twitter. Blame the constitution of the United States:D .

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/3/2011, 03:54 PM
good....your buyin'..

Sure...

sooner_born_1960
5/3/2011, 03:54 PM
Rooney should cut his ***. When the lockout is over.

jumperstop
5/3/2011, 03:55 PM
No dumber than the guy who called SA and thinks we should make a national holiday on the day of his death. Although I think Osama is a pos and I'm glad we killed him, dudes right that there is no need for a celebration.

sooner59
5/3/2011, 03:57 PM
I don't get all of the people going crazy over this. I just say....its about time. However, even hinting that OBL was any less than what has been said or deserves any better just shows that he should keep his opinion to himself. He is a public figure, and not a political one. If he keeps on, it could affect his job and his fans. If he gets twisted into a OBL supporter, then he will be ran straight out of the league. Just keep it to yourself Mendenhall....for your own good.

humblesooner
5/3/2011, 04:07 PM
Glad it's over and he is gone.
Now we need to move on.
Making this guy a martyr and celebrating antyhing about him (even his death) will just encourage other loonies to follow in his footsteps.
Reminds me of the Kamakaze mentality.

rekamrettuB
5/3/2011, 04:46 PM
No dumber than the guy who called SA and thinks we should make a national holiday on the day of his death. Although I think Osama is a pos and I'm glad we killed him, dudes right that there is no need for a celebration.

I don't recall but I'm sure there were more than a few that celebrated McVeigh's conviction and ultimate execution. It's not a celebration that someone is dying, it's a celebration of justice for the victims and their families. If there were no celebrations or feelings of joy then everyone would be labeled soulless zombies.

LoveDemSooners
5/3/2011, 05:45 PM
9/11 was an inside job...just saying

Wishboned
5/3/2011, 06:08 PM
Ben Roethlisberger just sent Mendenhall a thank you card.

Okie35
5/3/2011, 06:25 PM
Opinions will be opinions. I don't agree but whatever.

bixby28
5/3/2011, 06:39 PM

Who did it ? You sound like a Mendenhall apologist. (If you can't quickly give a water-tight defense for accusing someone other than OBL for the 9/11 attacks and deaths, then please don't respond back.)

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/3/2011, 06:46 PM
Ah yes

9/11 the most elaborate deception OF ALL TIME

picasso
5/3/2011, 07:14 PM
Ah yes

Yes, by Bush, apparently the dumbest president of all time. He must be diabolical.

OK2U
5/3/2011, 08:00 PM
Jesus would totally hate Osama bin Laden.
Pure unadulterated hate
He's got no patience for sinners, from what I've read.

LoveDemSooners
5/3/2011, 08:31 PM
The New World Order is coming soon...by the time everybody finds out it will be too late. Just look around. Illuminati and Freemason symbolism is everywhere

sooner59
5/3/2011, 09:02 PM
The New World Order is coming soon...by the time everybody finds out it will be too late. Just look around. Illuminati and Freemason symbolism is everywhere

My dad has masonic imagery on his truck. Then again, he also has nuts hanging from the trailer hitch. I wouldn't look too far into that. ;)

SoonerLB
5/3/2011, 10:06 PM
OH NO! I was out drinking and celebrating the demise of that POS SOB this evening (and sat next to a freemason), and what's even worse is that I don't tweet! I feel so . . . . . so . . . . . , oh . . . . . woe is me! :(

JiuJitsuSooner
5/3/2011, 11:02 PM

unfortunately i agree

SoonerBacker
5/3/2011, 11:50 PM
Jesus would totally hate Osama bin Laden.
Pure unadulterated hate
He's got no patience for sinners, from what I've read.

Yeah, I guess that's why Jesus died on the cross to forgive sinners of their sins. He hates 'em!

Now, can we get back to football? :pop:

Prodigal
5/4/2011, 12:26 AM
I thought a lot of his tweets were really impressive, then I got to the one about seeing two sides of it. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't mean it in the way it came across and you don't get much chance to review your writings in a tweet I guess.

Regardless, God loved OBL just as much as he does me, as hard as it is to fathom. Can't argue with that part.

Eielson
5/4/2011, 01:03 AM
He would have been fine in my book if he only said certain parts. I don't know Bin Laden's story, but I'm sure it didn't justify some of the things he's done. When you remove emotion, though, there truly is something disgusting about celebrating a man's death and hoping he burns in Hell. Justice wasn't served, and this didn't bring back our 9/11 victims.

85sooners
5/4/2011, 03:07 AM
Stupid a$$

texaspokieokie
5/4/2011, 07:45 AM
Ah yes

involving thousands of people. all done in broad daylight. here's another
jesse ventura or rosie o donnell.

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/4/2011, 07:54 AM
unfortunately i agree

W

T

F

Widescreen
5/4/2011, 09:11 AM
unfortunately i agree

You're right. That is unfortunate.

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/4/2011, 09:23 AM
I thought a lot of his tweets were really impressive, then I got to the one about seeing two sides of it. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't mean it in the way it came across and you don't get much chance to review your writings in a tweet I guess.

Regardless, God loved OBL just as much as he does me, as hard as it is to fathom. Can't argue with that part.

I understand what you are saying and I grew up believing it...God said vengeance is mine

Well God, I guess we are just going to have to double dip on this one. Excuse the mess

SoonerNutt
5/4/2011, 09:40 AM
I'll say this first. I'm not real comfortable celebrating death, regardless of who it is. I am glad we got him for sure, for obvious reasons. I don't begrudge others the right to cheer. To each his own.

But to me, it isn't a celebration. It's more relief. The whole thing is a tragedy. That his assassination was necessary is just another part of that tragedy.

Now, RM transitioning from that to the "9-11 = inside job" meme is just pure insanity.

This is one of those things that I wouldn't even bother to argue. It doesn't deserve any response other than mockery. If someone is still willing to beleive such nonsense with nothing at all to back it up, I'm certainly not going to be able to convince them to stop being crazy, so why try?

PalmBeachSooner
5/4/2011, 01:05 PM
It's sad that there is so much hate in the world.

CrimsonCommando
5/4/2011, 02:42 PM
Who is Reshard Mendenhall and why should I care?

rainiersooner
5/4/2011, 05:52 PM
I like the Mark Twain quote about never wishing for another man's death, but being happy about reading certain obituaries. FWIW, I agree with Mendenhall in that celebrating death is just not a healthy mental, emotional, or spiritual space to exist...but I'm certainly not going to lament to demise of that Saudi f*cker and I don't mind spending 30 seconds or so celebrating it.

bixby28
5/4/2011, 06:40 PM
It's funny that Mendenhall claimed that no one has ever heard OBL speak. I remember OBL giving several statements and several interviews in which he took responsibility for the attacks. That's all the speaking he needs to do, IMO. I'm not sure if the time I spent serving my country keeps me a little defensive about comments like this, but these same statements horribly dishonor the thousands of lives that were lost. He makes OBL sound like he could be a good dude, honestly.

OBL's death may be the closest the victim's families come in finding closure, although it will unfortunately never replace their losses. I don't rejoice at the idea of Bin Laden in hell, but I'm glad that he doesn't have the luxury he suddenly denied almost 3000 innocent victims on 9/11. Life.

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/4/2011, 06:45 PM
WTF is going on here?

I quite enjoy thinking about him suffering. I didn't know anyone who died in the 9/11 attacks but I don't have to in order for me to think that way. I wish nothing but the worst on him and anyone who has any ties to him

A Sooner in Texas
5/4/2011, 07:44 PM
I thought the South Oval was the place for all the crazy talk.