PDA

View Full Version : When did it change from Osama to Usama?

Romulus
5/3/2011, 09:06 AM
Nfm

OUMallen
5/3/2011, 09:08 AM
Pretty sure it's just us trying to make the phonetics sound right. His birth certificate doesn't have "Osama" on it with English letters. The spellings differ, and not one is "right."

texaspokieokie
5/3/2011, 09:21 AM
to many folks get obama & osama confused.

Romulus
5/3/2011, 09:37 AM
You voting for Ubama?

thecynic
5/3/2011, 09:42 AM
You voting for Ubama?

he killed the usurper

JamesHale
5/3/2011, 09:52 AM
good to see mallen reppin' strong over here...

dynersooner
5/3/2011, 09:56 AM
good to see mallen reppin' strong over here...

did betamallen ever pay you the money he owed you for getting him all of your exclusive insight into the OU football program?

DIB
5/3/2011, 09:58 AM
Romroy, how many different recruiting sites have you subscribed to in your life time? I will take my answer off the air.

delhalew
5/3/2011, 10:01 AM
Prolly cause half of the heads on tv, at one point or another have reported Obama is dead.:D

Ah crap, is that a Secret Service helicopter?

Sooner11JK
5/3/2011, 10:07 AM
It changed somewhere around the first week of November, 2008.

That is all.

OklaPony
5/3/2011, 10:30 AM
Looks like "O" works well enough.

http://members.cox.net/oklapony/Sleep_Fish_01.jpg

3rdgensooner
5/3/2011, 10:33 AM
I think it changed around the same time that Rom became Roy.

delhalew
5/3/2011, 10:39 AM

Again, I have no idea Wtf that means, and even less interest.

3rdgensooner
5/3/2011, 10:40 AM
Again, I have no idea Wtf that means, and even less interest.Noted.

dynersooner
5/3/2011, 10:41 AM
Again, I have no idea Wtf that means, and even less interest.

agreed. 3g/cynic needs to start speaking english around here!!!

Romulus
5/3/2011, 10:43 AM

You can call me whatever you want

delhalew
5/3/2011, 10:44 AM
Noted.

Note it next time someone gets irritated about an un-funny, un-entertaining, totally pointless hijack.

If you plan on derailing things, entertain me...or at least try.

Romulus
5/3/2011, 10:45 AM
No need to be teste

3rdgensooner
5/3/2011, 10:45 AM
Note it next time someone gets irritated about an un-funny, un-entertaining, totally pointless hijack.

If you plan on derailing things, entertain me...or at least try.I didn't realize you were the OP (that's "original poster" to avoid irritation). I thought it was Romulus--thus my reply to him.

How exactly was it a hijack?

delhalew
5/3/2011, 10:47 AM
agreed. 3g/cynic needs to start speaking english around here!!!

You are the worst. Nobody gives a damn about your personal bs. I say **** like that in spek or pm in order to avoid boring the rest of you.

Romulus
5/3/2011, 10:47 AM
You can hijack me later, I'm in Tulsa today

Romulus
5/3/2011, 10:49 AM
You can hijack me later, I'm in Tulsa today

Mods please move this under 3G's post, I absolutely do not want delhew to highjack me

Adrian
5/3/2011, 10:50 AM
Mods please move this under 3G's post, I absolutely do not want delhew to highjack me

He is killing, nay strangling this thread with his inside jokes...

delhalew
5/3/2011, 10:51 AM
No need to be teste

None of these!!!! or THIS.

I am quite calm. I thought you might like to know why you get perceived as a pain in the arse.

Jammin'
5/3/2011, 10:51 AM
I didn't realize you were the OP (that's "original poster" to avoid irritation). I thought it was Romulus--thus my reply to him.

waste him baek.

OUMallen
5/3/2011, 10:55 AM
did betamallen ever pay you the money he owed you for getting him all of your exclusive insight into the OU football program?

Who's BetaMallen :confused:

delhalew
5/3/2011, 10:56 AM
I didn't realize you were the OP (that's "original poster" to avoid irritation). I thought it was Romulus--thus my reply to him.

Fair enough. I'm just going on record that this thread was good for some chuckles until ya'll turned another one into a colossal waste of my time.

3rdgensooner
5/3/2011, 11:00 AM
Fair enough. I'm just going on record that this thread was good for some chuckles until ya'll turned another one into a colossal waste of my time.I understand totally.

It's like the times I'm cruising along reading and enjoying a thread and some goofron starts talking about their dookie or some freakneck commences making guhey jokes about some poster taking it in their pooper. That's just such a colossal waste of time. So I usually get out of the thread and stop reading it.

BU BEAR
5/3/2011, 11:01 AM
أسامة بن محمد بن عوض بن لادن‎ = Osama bin Laden's full name (Arabic is read from right to left) The first letter = Alif = Silent = ا

The reason for the change is that the first letter in his name is "alif" which is a silent letter with an "implied" vowel attached to it. The Arabic alphabet, like other Semitic languages, is consonantal with no vowels. Because there are no vowels and no concrete rules of transliteration, either an O or U is appropriate to attach to the alif as the vowel sound.

OUMallen
5/3/2011, 11:02 AM
أسامة بن محمد بن عوض بن لادن‎

The reason for the change is that the first letter in his name is "alif" which is a silent letter with an "implied" vowel attached to it. The Arabic alphabet, like other Semitic languages, is consonantal with no vowels. Because there are no vowels and no concrete rules of transliteration, either an O or U is appropriate to attach to the alif as the vowel sound.

/thread

delhalew
5/3/2011, 11:05 AM
I understand totally.

It's like the times I'm cruising along reading and enjoying a thread and some goofron starts talking about their dookie or some freakneck commences making guhey jokes about some poster taking it in their pooper. That's just such a colossal waste of time. So I usually get out of the thread and stop reading it.

But all the other kids like eat their own boogers! Ok.

delhalew
5/3/2011, 11:06 AM
أسامة بن محمد بن عوض بن لادن‎

Dang! A real answer? That's no fun either.

Adrian
5/3/2011, 11:07 AM
I understand totally.

I thought you liked The...

Romulus
5/3/2011, 11:08 AM
None of these!!!! or THIS.

I am quite calm. I thought you might like to know why you get perceived as a pain in the arse.

Wait a sec!!
Who said I was a pain the arse?!.

dynersooner
5/3/2011, 11:08 AM
But all the other kids like eat their own boogers! Ok.

You are the worst. Nobody gives a damn about your personal bs. I say **** like that in spek or pm in order to avoid boring the rest of you.

3rdgensooner
5/3/2011, 11:16 AM
أسامة بن محمد بن عوض بن لادن‎ = Osama bin Laden's full name (Arabic is read from right to left) The first letter = Alif = Silent = ا

The reason for the change is that the first letter in his name is "alif" which is a silent letter with an "implied" vowel attached to it. The Arabic alphabet, like other Semitic languages, is consonantal with no vowels. Because there are no vowels and no concrete rules of transliteration, either an O or U is appropriate to attach to the alif as the vowel sound.Aaaand scene! *fade to black*

I thought you liked The...Supposably...

Adrian
5/3/2011, 11:23 AM
Supposably...

If you like The, you'll open one of his attachments...

3rdgensooner
5/3/2011, 12:31 PM
If you like The, you'll open one of his attachments...Actually, avoiding his attachments keeps him on the friendly side.

wait, that sounds wrong.

3rdgensooner
5/3/2011, 12:43 PM
GzKp43RC9Dk

Aldebaran
5/3/2011, 12:44 PM
And why did they decide to make his code name Geronimo? That's some bull****.

Romulus
5/3/2011, 12:45 PM
^^^
as part Sioux Indian, I'm offended

swardboy
5/3/2011, 12:53 PM

So it should be "Sam Bin Laden"?

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/3/2011, 12:53 PM
I think it was sarcasm, Geronimo equals big giant balls to stand up to the man, Osama equals little nut balls to stay in a multi-million dollar mansion while sending out 16 year old to blow themselves up. Plus Geronimo was Apache ;)

dynersooner
5/3/2011, 01:22 PM
I think it was sarcasm, Geronimo equals big giant balls to stand up to the man, Osama equals little nut balls to stay in a multi-million dollar mansion while sending out 16 year old to blow themselves up. Plus Geronimo was Apache ;)

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalf. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalf. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaandaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalf...

DIB
5/3/2011, 01:27 PM
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalf. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalf. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaandaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalf...

They're taking the hobbits to Isengard! They're taking the hobbits to Isengard! They're taking the hobbits to Isengard! They're taking the hobbits to Isengard! They're taking the hobbits to Isengard! They're taking the hobbits to Isengard! They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!

-Gard
-Gard
-Gard
-Gard

They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!

-Gard
-Gard
-Ga-gard
-Gard

They're taking the hobbits to Isengard! They're taking the hobbits to Isengard! They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!