PDA

View Full Version : Conference Semi-finals

Quik Sand
5/3/2011, 12:57 AM
Well after the first wave of games, three of the four teams who hosted lost. OKC, LA, and Chicago all lost to teams they were believed to win over.

LA was thought to own Dallas. Atlanta was not supposed to win and especially not win without having Hinrich who was going to be the main Rose defender. Both went on the road and won when unexpected. OKC came in as the talk of the league and getting good press as a team to dethrone LA. They promptly came out and played like they were entitled. I expect them to come out and play with intensity for the remainder of this series as they realize that Memphis is for real. None of us were happy losing Game 1, but just look around the league and see we arent the only ones to drop a game we were not expected to.

yankee
5/4/2011, 01:08 AM
Great win tonight. Harden and Maynor came up huge!

starclassic tama
5/5/2011, 02:34 PM
bump. go thunder, take 2 from memphis and close out at home!

AlboSooner
5/7/2011, 06:59 PM
Westbrook is a liability in games that are close. He was terrible in game 3. There was a stretch where he took five straight shots, made only one.

silverwheels
5/7/2011, 07:06 PM
Goddamn that was embarrassing. Up 13 after 3 and managed to lose. Do not like our chances to win Game 4, either.

FaninAma
5/7/2011, 07:06 PM
I like the Thunder but I think you can stick
a fork in them. The way they lost today's game
has to be mentally devastating to a young team.

Also, note to Durant. You are a superstar. You will
get the call on the last shot of the game if you draw
contact on Tony Allen flying through the air. Pump fake
him and draw the contact. Taking a fall away jump shot
from the 3 point line seems a bit weak.

yankee
5/7/2011, 07:11 PM
This loss was not just RW's fault (but a lot can be blamed on him). Durant got rattled by Allen and settled for jump shots. ONE FREAKING FREE THROW FROM DURANT. And it was on a technical foul. He averages 9 a game. Unacceptable, and I'm afraid this loss is going to haunt this team. Son of a *****.

AlboSooner
5/7/2011, 07:32 PM
This loss was not just RW's fault (but a lot can be blamed on him). Durant got rattled by Allen and settled for jump shots. ONE FREAKING FREE THROW FROM DURANT. And it was on a technical foul. He averages 9 a game. Unacceptable, and I'm afraid this loss is going to haunt this team. Son of a *****.

I agree. They had that game but let it slip away.

soonerloyal
5/7/2011, 07:48 PM
WTF, man. Blowing a 16-point lead and losing by 8. God, that 4th quarter sucked. Blecchh. Took the starch right outta my tablecloth, I'lltellyawhat.

EnragedOUfan
5/7/2011, 07:54 PM
We need to score more points in the paint, bottom line. Sure we have some shooters, but they're not super consistent (besides Durant). Perkins is a great defensive prescence.....Our momentum stretches to me is what has kept us alive against Memphis. I like how Memphis passes the ball around to eventually find the open man closest to the basket......We need to do this. Countless times would Westbrook bring the ball down the court, dribble around, and just throw up ugly shots with a defender in his face. Westbrook is no Kobe, Paul, or Wade......He needs to play smarter basketball. Sure we're athletic, super fast, and young, but when its crunch time and X's and O's time, we need to slow down and move the ball around better. Not to mention, the countless turnovers are killing us...I know I'm CPT obvious....

Mike Stoops
5/7/2011, 08:21 PM
Russ makes horrible decisions. I remember before the Perkins deal I said Presti should shop him and try to get a big man and sign Serge long term. Shoot first point guards don't win titles.

soonervegas
5/7/2011, 08:59 PM
Goddamn that was embarrassing. Up 13 after 3 and managed to lose. Do not like our chances to win Game 4, either.

Agreed. This team will throw in a clunker on Monday to go down 3-1.

SapulpaSooner
5/7/2011, 10:38 PM
Agreed. This team will throw in a clunker on Monday to go down 3-1.

This is not over the thunder will win game 4 and the series.

FaninAma
5/11/2011, 11:14 PM
This is not over the thunder will win game 4 and the series.

You look like a genius. I was way off on my
guess. The Thunder showed a lot if heart in
game 4 and I think Memphis may have left
everything on the court in the triple overtime
loss to OKC.

Right now the Thunder look younger and are
playing with a lit more energy. Brooks has done
a great job of making adjustments.

Now they need to bring it home.

Quik Sand
5/12/2011, 10:57 PM
If we can get off to a strong start I think we can take their heart (Hollins will have them ready). Building will go really quiet knowing the impending doom. We allow them to get off to a good start again and it will be a dogfight.

One thing I really want to see is if we have a decent size lead in the fourth, can we hold off their last charge to save their season. It will be even more furious than what we saw in Game 3.

Curly Bill
5/12/2011, 11:11 PM
Russ makes horrible decisions. I remember before the Perkins deal I said Presti should shop him and try to get a big man and sign Serge long term. Shoot first point guards don't win titles.

Isiah Thomas?

SapulpaSooner
5/15/2011, 08:19 PM
You look like a genius. I was way off on my
guess. The Thunder showed a lot if heart in
game 4 and I think Memphis may have left
everything on the court in the triple overtime
loss to OKC.

Right now the Thunder look younger and are
playing with a lit more energy. Brooks has done
a great job of making adjustments.

Now they need to bring it home.

Thank You :D

Eielson
5/15/2011, 11:36 PM
Isiah Thomas?

There's some truth to what he's saying, but there is quite a bit of flaw, too. Most of the teams that have won without a good point guard had somebody like Kobe who led the team in assists and effectively took over what many people consider the role of the point guard. Durant's 2.7 assists per game won't be able to do what Kobe did.