PDA

View Full Version : State Quarters Update...

sanantoniosooner
5/2/2011, 09:15 PM
Are we done with that yet?

Thaumaturge
5/2/2011, 09:17 PM
Are there ones for all the territories?

I came across a Puerto Rico quarter not long ago and I had no idea they existed.

Soonerson1975
5/2/2011, 09:48 PM

I came across a Puerto Rico quarter not long ago and I had no idea they existed.

What the hell did that have on back of it?

salth2o
5/2/2011, 09:52 PM

A bottle of rum.

Canyonero
5/2/2011, 09:59 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/canyonero/chupa2.jpg

soonercruiser
5/2/2011, 10:57 PM
Done with the states; but I still need a few Philadelphia mint states.
:(

oklaclarinet
5/2/2011, 11:54 PM
They have started a new "America the Beautiful" series, in which each state is honored with a depiction a territory of the National Park Service found in that state. They will be released in chronological order of when that area came under the National Park Service, so Oklahoma is pretty early (later this year with Chickasaw NRA, originally Platt National Park).

Soonerson1975
5/2/2011, 11:56 PM
They have started a new "America the Beautiful" series, in which each state is honored with a depiction a territory of the National Park Service found in that state. They will be released in chronological order of when that area came under the National Park Service, so Oklahoma is pretty early (later this year with Chickasaw NRA, originally Platt National Park).

I was hoping for Boggy Depot :(

oklaclarinet
5/2/2011, 11:58 PM
I was hoping for Boggy Depot :(

That's a state park, not part of the NPS.

Turd_Ferguson
5/3/2011, 12:48 AM
Should have been Beaver's Bend...

OrlandoSooner
5/3/2011, 08:40 AM
Here is the link to the America The Beautiful page (http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/atb/) at the US mint.

My family and I took a tour of the Philly mint last Summer when we were in Jersey. It was great to see the process of minting coins. It was nearly 100% automated with carts moving the coins around the floor of the mint w/o any people in sight. The only people on the floor when we were there were the people working on large medals. Probably 4 inches in diameter. Hard to stuff one of those in your pocket and walk out with it...

As a father of 4, it was also nice that the tour was free. However, like Disney, the tour drops you off in the gift shop. They exacted their payment there.

Jacie
5/3/2011, 12:07 PM
Done with the states; but I still need a few Philadelphia mint states.
:(

Which ones? P-mints make up 90% of what I see in change . . .

Aldebaran
5/3/2011, 12:14 PM

Stay out of my change jar!

dynersooner
5/3/2011, 03:25 PM
mods, where is the appropriate place to makes tags involving quarters, alde, and 3g as a punchcard machine???

TIA.