PDA

View Full Version : One of my fave quotes...

SunnySooner
5/2/2011, 09:49 AM
"We sleep peacefully in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

SEALs=rough men=a BIG ole' can of whoop *** violence visited on UBL.

Very happy those particular rough men will stand ready again tonight.

Mission ACCOMPLISHED!!!! GO NAVY!!!!!!!!

delhalew
5/2/2011, 10:06 AM
Good to hear from you, Sunny. Thank the hubby again for us.

Tin Cup
5/3/2011, 02:35 PM
“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”

KantoSooner
5/3/2011, 03:04 PM
When faced with these people, I would hope our leaders would ask themselves a simple question:

"What would Genghiz do?"

We will note that the Ur-Khan had no problems with Afghanistan OR Iraq when he was there. Folks in those countries were polite and law abiding.

Also had a rep for drinking like a Marine and left enough of himself behind that 20%+ of all Asian men share some of his blood.

Now THAT is what's needed in today's world.

delhalew
5/3/2011, 03:06 PM
When faced with these people, I would hope our leaders would ask themselves a simple question:

"What would Genghiz do?"

We will note that the Ur-Khan had no problems with Afghanistan OR Iraq when he was there. Folks in those countries were polite and law abiding.

Also had a rep for drinking like a Marine and left enough of himself behind that 20%+ of all Asian men share some of his blood.

Lmao.

3rdgensooner
5/3/2011, 03:08 PM
“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”never care for anything else?

cccasooner2
5/3/2011, 03:13 PM

"What would Genghiz do?"

More Asians?

Tin Cup
5/3/2011, 03:16 PM
never care for anything else?

Cold Beer, Chilled Tequila, Cognac neat, 60 ring Cigar, Blues music, and Punany. Not necessarily in that order.

KantoSooner
5/3/2011, 03:20 PM
Now see, that's why the Great Khan was remarkable. Sure, he killed people. People who were armed, people who weren't. Sometimes the innocent, just to make a point.

But then he could kick back with his homies, enjoy a little lamb-carcass-polo and a coupla mugs of fermented mare's milk and, well, get down. He was a real regular kind of guy. And the fact that he had an abiding fear of water and didn't bathe once in his life should not be held against him.

And he didn't get all obcessed about killin' his enemies. The man made time for his ladies. And when you have literally 10,000 concubines, that's saying something. (on the obcession issue, I will admit he got a bit...involved with the folks who killed his parents; but when you're left, at age 8, in the snow, by the murderers, with nothing to eat but your grandmother, well, you'd be pissed yourself.)

I've always regarded it a tragedy that he didn't make it in for the invasion of Paris. You know that both he, and the French, would have had a big day with that.

KantoSooner
5/3/2011, 03:22 PM
More Asians?

I invite you look over the beaches of Phuket and then invite you to join me in a gentile bellow of "HELL YEAH!"

3rdgensooner
5/3/2011, 03:33 PM
Cold Beer, Chilled Tequila, Cognac neat, 60 ring Cigar, Blues music, and Punany. Not necessarily in that order.Just making sure...

And the fact that he had an abiding fear of water and didn't bathe once in his life should not be held against him.
He would need 10,000 concubines since none would want to revisit that.

GDC
5/3/2011, 04:10 PM
Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

KantoSooner
5/3/2011, 04:25 PM
Just making sure...

He would need 10,000 concubines since none would want to revisit that.

One writer did comment that the Chinese princesses who were sent his way to buy favor regarded it with great horror. Keep in mind that these girls had grown up in a society that had toilet paper shortage riots before the birth of Christ.
To go live amongst people who never bathed and tenderized their steaks by placing them beneath their saddles to get pounded and soaked in horse sweat? Well, you might say that they well and truly regreted talking back to Daddy.

stoopified
5/3/2011, 05:06 PM
One writer did comment that the Chinese princesses who were sent his way to buy favor regarded it with great horror. Keep in mind that these girls had grown up in a society that had toilet paper shortage riots before the birth of Christ.
To go live amongst people who never bathed and tenderized their steaks by placing them beneath their saddles to get pounded and soaked in horse sweat? Well, you might say that they well and truly regreted talking back to Daddy. I'm sorry; isn't that the way everybody tenderizes and marinates their steak?

KantoSooner
5/3/2011, 05:08 PM
Well, I must break it to you: only those people living in Moore.

Lott's Bandana
5/3/2011, 06:23 PM
I invite you look over the beaches of Phuket and then invite you to join me in a gentile bellow of "HELL YEAH!"

Done that.

Often.

BTW, SEALs are about as average-looking as they come when they are assimilated.

Proves how important the mind is when it comes to qualifying at Coronado.