PDA

View Full Version : Can we not just breath a sigh of relief?

olevetonahill
5/2/2011, 01:37 AM
UBL is dead, great. Do we have to act like the heathens that cut off ****in heads and dance around like idiots?
Personally Im gonna say a Thank God its over ,then a Prayer for the Young man who made the shot. Those who think hes a Happy Guy have never had to make that shot.

Sure Right now hes elated, years to come he will have live with it.
May God Help him.

AlbqSooner
5/2/2011, 05:58 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ The party in front of the White House conjured images of the Somalis dancing in the street after killing those American troops. Sad statement on our Nation IMO.

yermom
5/2/2011, 06:19 AM
UBL is dead, great. Do we have to act like the heathens that cut off ****in heads and dance around like idiots?

i don't know about the rest, but this. people want to take the high road until emotions are involved.

taking 10 years to do it doesn't really make us look that great, IMO

i doubt anyone is putting their AK down because of this either.

okie52
5/2/2011, 06:39 AM
Personally Im gonna say a Thank God its over ,then a Prayer for the Young man who made the shot. Those who think hes a Happy Guy have never had to make that shot.

May God Help him.

I'm sure people were elated when it was announced Hitler, Tojo and Mussolini were dead. There are a lot of people that wished they could have killed Hitler long before WWII. I doubt they would have lost any sleep over it any more than a cop that takes out a child murderer with a shot. This isn't like shooting some noble enemy in the field that was just some dude drafted to defend his country.

Not everybody is going to react like you do to taking that shot. Some of those speciall forces boys probably relished the idea. You think some of them will struggle with it? Not if their mind's right, Luke.

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 06:49 AM
i seriously doubt the SEAL that pulled the trigger is going to need counseling in the years ahead - he's been training a majority of his adult life to do something like this - has made incredible sacrifices of his body, his personal and family life

this isnt some drafted infantryman in the rice paddies killing anonymous vietnamese......he was/is a man who not only volunteered to join the Navy - but further volunteered for a grueling indoctrination program

jk3 sent me pictures last nite of the Corps of Cadets celebrating near midnight in the courtyard of the barracks - they're about as far removed from the SEAL action as any other soldier - but like most Americans - this is a great deal - and I think its perfectly ok to celebrate

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 06:51 AM

you're something else.....

yermom
5/2/2011, 06:59 AM
to be fair, it really seems like Pakistan has been undermining us on this deal the whole time

AlboSooner
5/2/2011, 07:03 AM
i seriously doubt the SEAL that pulled the trigger is going to need counseling in the years ahead I agree. Especially when considering how long they had been preparing for this.

I think experiences are different between people in the military, from the importance of the target (killing a Vietkong is not the same as killing the most lethal terrorist in the world) to the way they deal with it. Taking your experience and making it the norm is not right, and it may have an element of vanity to it.

okie52
5/2/2011, 07:06 AM
to be fair, it really seems like Pakistan has been undermining us on this deal the whole time

Absolutely.

texaspokieokie
5/2/2011, 08:21 AM

May God Help him.

Pretty much agree. How do you know how to spell it ??
I think BHO didn't like "osama" to close to obama. bad enough to be stuck with "hussein".

Looks to me like he died with the score in his favor,3000 to one.

wonder if he's celebrating with his 72 virginians. hope George Washington & Robert E Lee are kicking his *** !!!!

texaspokieokie
5/2/2011, 08:27 AM
Looked like the prez had to delay his speech for an hour or so while someone wrote it & got it on the telepromter.

he sure was happy to take credit about how it was OKed by him.

obl eluded the Greatest Nation for at least 10 years, i see no great victory here.
Don't get me wrong, i'm really glad they got him.

Now all the "ragheads" will really hate us. like they didn't already !!!!

sappstuf
5/2/2011, 08:35 AM
i don't know about the rest, but this. people want to take the high road until emotions are involved.

i doubt anyone is putting their AK down because of this either.

Osama did...

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 08:36 AM
Looked like the prez had to delay his speech for an hour or so while someone wrote it & got it on the telepromter.

he sure was happy to take credit about how it was OKed by him.

obl eluded the Greatest Nation for at least 10 years, i see no great victory here.
Don't get me wrong, i'm really glad they got him.

Now all the "ragheads" will really hate us. like they didn't already !!!!

well he did order the raid -and the more i read about it - the more complex and dangerous i realize it was - Obama could have said "no, this is too risky" - it could have been a complete failure......but lets give him credit where credit is due - i'm no fan of Obama whatsoever - but it is what it is - to the victor go the spoils

mgsooner
5/2/2011, 08:37 AM
Nah Obama should've never mentioned that he had any part in approving anything whatsoever. What a blowhard.

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 08:38 AM
Nah Obama should've never mentioned that he had any part in approving anything whatsoever. What a blowhard.

but had the raid failed - you'd have wanted to know right?

OutlandTrophy
5/2/2011, 08:40 AM

you do realize that he is the POTUS, right?

jkjsooner
5/2/2011, 08:40 AM

May God Help him.

I would have disagreed because Bin Laden is clearly a very bad guy but the fact that they had to kill a female human shield does complicate things greatly.

As for the people celebrating, keep in mind that GW and Georgetown aren't far from the White House so you have a case of college students looking for any reason to celebrate.

Edit: When I say "complicate things" I mean only from a personal emotional perspective and not in any way a criticism.

mgsooner
5/2/2011, 08:41 AM
Sorry, forgot to hit my "sarcasm" emoticon

OUDoc
5/2/2011, 08:41 AM

Why?
Edit: Saw the above post. NM.

OutlandTrophy
5/2/2011, 08:42 AM
I would have disagreed because Bin Laden is clearly a very bad guy but the fact that they had to kill a female human shield does complicate things greatly.

As for the people celebrating, keep in mind that GW and Georgetown aren't far from the White House so you have a case of college students looking for any reason to celebrate.

anyone in that compound was harboring him and thus was not innocent. sucks the maid had to die but it was worth it.

AlboSooner
5/2/2011, 08:46 AM
/
Looks to me like he died with the score in his favor,3000 to one.

Not that this is important or that it brings even one 9/11 victim back, but military guys have said on camera that even without Bin Laden the 9/11 victims were WELL vindicated.

texaspokieokie
5/2/2011, 08:51 AM
well he did order the raid -and the more i read about it - the more complex and dangerous i realize it was - Obama could have said "no, this is too risky" - it could have been a complete failure......but lets give him credit where credit is due - i'm no fan of Obama whatsoever - but it is what it is - to the victor go the spoils

You're right; look @ the torture Jimmah Carter received when his big raid failed. Actually, (JMHO) i never blamed Jimmah for the failure. It was caused by a lot of bad luck.

(do still blame Jimmah for a lot of his other failures !!)

thot it was funny that his speech was delayed by about an hour, bet he was pissed that the news guys got to announce it first. His teleprompter must've been on the "fritz".

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 08:53 AM
You're right; look @ the torture Jimmah Carter received when his big raid failed. Actually, (JMHO) i never blamed Jimmah for the failure. It was caused by a lot of bad luck.

(do still blame Jimmah for a lot of his other failures !!)

thot it was funny that his speech was delayed by about an hour, bet he was pissed that the news guys got to announce it first. His teleprompter must've been on the "fritz".

well - the major difference then and now is how our military trained - major changes were made to the way the 4 services communicated after that failed raid - our military was a hot mess during that era

they are a professional force today - and it clearly showed...Carter was as much to blame for the overall state of the military - more so than the actual operation itself....just my opinion

OutlandTrophy

do you think potiential employers will look at your degree the same way you look at the US finally getting OBL?

For your sake I hope they don't.

mgsooner
Yeah a speech of that magnitude really should be given off-the-cuff with a cocktail in hand, not in front of a teleprompter. The details aren't really that important so there's no reason to write anything down. Maybe scribble a few deets on a cocktail napkin, that's about it

okie52
5/2/2011, 08:55 AM

yep, Obama deserves credit for this raid. He could've bailed and he didn't so good for him.

It also took some guts to go into a sovereign ally's (LOL) territory without their permission to get the job done.

Obama will also get the credit.....for Libya.

texaspokieokie
5/2/2011, 08:55 AM
or a "beer summit".

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 08:57 AM
do you think potiential employers will look at your degree the same way you look at the US finally getting OBL?

For your sake I hope they don't.

http://www.forumspile.com/Misc-OhSnap.jpg

The
5/2/2011, 08:57 AM
So, armchair politicos, what do we do when India decides that Bin Laden was behind the Mumbai attacks and sends 500 million troops towards Islamabad?

sappstuf
5/2/2011, 08:59 AM
So, armchair politicos, what do we do when India decides that Bin Laden was behind the Mumbai attacks and sends 500 million troops towards Islamabad?

Stay out of it?

The Profit
5/2/2011, 09:00 AM

I know what we should do. Get the hell out of the way and let the Indians have at it.

mgsooner
5/2/2011, 09:02 AM

Threaten to move all the call centers back to the U.S.

okie52
5/2/2011, 09:04 AM

Applaud

okie52
5/2/2011, 09:05 AM

LOL

okie52
5/2/2011, 09:06 AM
At first I thought the crowds were chanting SEC SEC SEC

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 09:06 AM

they were trying to get Bama to claim another National Championship

mgsooner
5/2/2011, 09:07 AM

If it comes out that anyone involved in the raid attended a SEC member school, you can expect that to happen

okie52
5/2/2011, 09:16 AM
The Big 12 couldn't have had anyone involved since we don't have a CCG.

delhalew
5/2/2011, 09:21 AM
I give all the credit to seal team six and whoever did the interrogating and planning. Thank you Barack for giving the go ahead. I suppose he could have been a huge vag and blew it.

For vet, I know different circumstances bring different feelings on taking a life. I feel like if you go special forces, you are looking to kill some bad guys. The balls it took to drop into that compound, somebody earned their kill shot

DIB
5/2/2011, 09:28 AM
Now that UBL is dead, can we bring all the troops home? And by all, I mean ALL, not just the ones in Afghanistan.

Jammin'
5/2/2011, 09:29 AM
Vote Bill Richardson in Oh twelve.

DIB
5/2/2011, 09:33 AM

Vote Gary Johnson in '12!

cleller
5/2/2011, 09:34 AM
anyone in that compound was harboring him and thus was not innocent. sucks the maid had to die but it was worth it.

Lucky for the surrounding townspeople they did this at 1:00 am. I'm sure any visiting pizza delivery boys, cable guys, Fuller Brush men, etc would have been cut to pieces also.

Jammin'
5/2/2011, 09:36 AM

Vote Gary Johnson in '12!

That's waht I meant..maybe.

3rdgensooner
5/2/2011, 09:39 AM
Vote Gary Johnson in '12!Cheers for Johnson!

The
5/2/2011, 09:40 AM
Cheers for Johnson!
http://i.imgur.com/P5vD5.gif

homerSimpsonsBrain
5/2/2011, 09:40 AM
Lucky for the surrounding townspeople they did this at 1:00 am. I'm sure any visiting pizza delivery boys, cable guys, Fuller Brush men, etc would have been cut to pieces also.

Pizza is the food of the infidels. It would have been a falafel delivery guy.

DIB
5/2/2011, 09:41 AM
That's waht I meant..maybe.

He's the candidate that we Libertarian Republican Pro-Legalization crowd has been waiting for.

Too bad the Republican base of angry white people over 50 will never let him get out of the primaries. At least I will get to vote for him once in March of 2012.

C&CDean
5/2/2011, 09:44 AM
He's the candidate that we Libertarian Republican Pro-Legalization crowd has been waiting for.

Too bad the Republican base of angry white people over 50 will never let him get out of the primaries. At least I will get to vote for him once in March of 2012.

And by about 2020 you'll be one of those "angry white people" you abhor so much. If you're lucky. Meh.

DIB
5/2/2011, 09:48 AM
And by about 2020 you'll be one of those "angry white people" you abhor so much. If you're lucky. Meh.

Most definitely. I'm fiscally conservative, because that **** affects me, and I'm pretty liberal about personal issues (drugs, gay marriage, etc.) because they don't affect me too much. I'm sure if I had kids of my own to worry about, I'd be a little more curmudgeony.

Dio
5/2/2011, 09:49 AM
they were trying to get Bama to claim another National Championship

Well, Obama was in Tuscaloosa last week....

The
5/2/2011, 09:55 AM

D&Dean, why are you angry?

Jammin'
5/2/2011, 10:05 AM

Most definitely. I'm fiscally conservative, because that **** affects me, and I'm pretty liberal about personal issues (drugs, gay marriage, etc.) because they don't affect me too much. I'm sure if I had kids of my own to worry about, I'd be a little more curmudgeony.

Whoa, I agree with you. I've always considered myself a part of the conservative democrat pro-small gov't crowd. I wonder if that differs much from teh libertarian republican pro-legalization crowd?

Also, I have kids and don't fear any of my beliefs so far. Maybe in another decade though I'll get angrier.

delhalew
5/2/2011, 10:22 AM
Conservative Democrat small gov CROWD? It's not a crowd if you're the only one, Jammin.

The
5/2/2011, 10:22 AM
Conservative Democrat small gov CROWD? It's not a crowd if you're the only one, Jammin.

You're no Roy Hobbs.

Jammin'
5/2/2011, 10:26 AM

Hey! I bring my kids with me to the rallies. That makes 3 of us.

And what do they say about 3???

delhalew
5/2/2011, 10:28 AM
Hey! I bring my kids with me to the rallies. That makes 3 of us.

And what do they say about 3???

Fair enough.

soonerchk
5/2/2011, 10:33 AM
So does this mean Obama is a bad Muslim for getting rid of him, or did he only get the info because he's Muslim?

That was sarcasm in case you are impaired. The following is serious.

I will not shed a tear for the death of a man who was responsible for planning the murder of thousands, but neither will I celebrate it. This is far from over, assuming it will ever end.

Jammin'
5/2/2011, 10:35 AM
So does this mean Obama is a bad Muslim for getting rid of him, or did he only get the info because he's Muslim?

That was sarcasm in case you are impaired. The following is serious.

I will not shed a tear for the death of a man who was responsible for planning the murder of thousands, but neither will I celebrate it. This is far from over, assuming it will ever end.

sarcasm chk > serious chk

champions77
5/2/2011, 10:53 AM
I'm sure people were elated when it was announced Hitler, Tojo and Mussolini were dead. There are a lot of people that wished they could have killed Hitler long before WWII. I doubt they would have lost any sleep over it any more than a cop that takes out a child murderer with a shot. This isn't like shooting some noble enemy in the field that was just some dude drafted to defend his country.

Not everybody is going to react like you do to taking that shot. Some of those speciall forces boys probably relished the idea. You think some of them will struggle with it? Not if their mind's right, Luke.

As in the Marine who when asked how it felt when shooting and killing the enemy combatant, his reply, "recoil".

okie52
5/2/2011, 11:05 AM
As in the Marine who when asked how it felt when shooting and killing the enemy combatant, his reply, "recoil".

heh heh. I think my nightmare would be if I missed.

Curly Bill
5/2/2011, 11:07 AM
You know how they say how deer hunters can get "buck fever" when they get that monster in their sights? Wonder how the shooter felt when he had Osama in his? Little shaky, or steady as a rock?

Soonerson1975
5/2/2011, 11:09 AM
You know how they say how deer hunters can get "buck fever" when they get that monster in there sights? Wonder how the shooter felt when he had Osama in his? Little shaky, or steady as a rock?

I'm guessing he got erect.

okie52
5/2/2011, 11:12 AM
You know how they say how deer hunters can get "buck fever" when they get that monster in there sights? Wonder how the shooter felt when he had Osama in his? Little shaky, or steady as a rock?

well if he was hiding behind a woman then that changes things some. I doubt the woman was innocent but still she wasn't Bin Laden.

Too bad they don't have videos of Bin Laden hiding behind her. That would have made his followers proud.

MsProudSooner
5/2/2011, 11:14 AM

Hmmm, my company just announced they are hiring 140 new Help Desk employees on US soil.......;)

soonerchk
5/2/2011, 11:14 AM
well if he was hiding behind a woman then that changes things some. I doubt the woman was innocent but still she wasn't Bin Laden.

Too bad they don't have videos of Bin Laden hiding behind her. That would have made his followers proud.

The version in the Arab world is that it was his wife and she threw herself between them to try and save him because she loved him soooo much.

Didn't he have about a gazillion wives? I guess the other ones weren't so crazy about him.

Jammin'
5/2/2011, 11:16 AM
Didn't he have about a gazillion wives?

If so he probably is happy to be dead.

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 11:18 AM
the cadets at WP celebrating after the announcement last night

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5102/5679973317_a5975cc16c_z.jpg

okie52
5/2/2011, 11:20 AM
The version in the Arab world is that it was his wife and she threw herself between them to try and save him because she loved him soooo much.

Didn't he have about a gazillion wives? I guess the other ones weren't so crazy about him.

That's why the video would be nice....if he was holding her by the throat or hair it might tarnish that version.

On the other hand I don't think Bin Laden was afraid to die...his life seems to have had a complete disregard for his making it very long.

Could have had a wife at each of his hideouts I guess.

IB4OU2
5/2/2011, 11:43 AM
Relieved? Hell I'm overjoyed knowing that scum is dead now and hopefully burning in hell. Nice shooting soldier.

sappstuf
5/2/2011, 11:44 AM
Relieved? Hell I'm overjoyed knowing that scum is dead now and hopefully burning in hell. Nice shooting soldier.

SAILOR!!

Sooner Tri
5/2/2011, 01:02 PM
I'm not sure why I felt this, but last night watching the live video of the celebration outside the White House, it had the appearance of something that was set up for the cameras. When I heard the news of the death, I certainly didn't rush outside screaming and chanting USA-USA! And most of those college students were in grade school when OBL was in the news. It was midnight on a Sunday night for crying out loud! Did they have those full sized American flags in a drawer in their dorm? Were they really that overjoyed about his death?
I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 01:03 PM
I'm not sure why I felt this, but last night watching the live video of the celebration outside the White House, it had the appearance of something that was set up for the cameras. When I heard the news of the death, I certainly didn't rush outside screaming and chanting USA-USA! And most of those college students were in grade school when OBL was in the news. It was midnight on a Sunday night for crying out loud! Did they have those full sized American flags in a drawer in their dorm? Were they really that overjoyed about his death?

at West Point - American flags are readily available

delhalew
5/2/2011, 01:08 PM

I think there is an arm of the Dem party(the ones responsible for campaigning) that would use the moment to their advantage. It is to be expected. Many college students these days find waving a flag and chanting USA to be creepy in not downright disgusting. So yes, as far as some of those displays are concerned, it is not crazy to note that they were probably organized. Sad as that is.

soonerchk
5/2/2011, 01:10 PM
I think there is an arm of the Den party that would use the moment to their advantage. It is to be expected. Many college students these days find waving a flag and chanting YES to be creepy in not downright disgusting. So yes, as far as some of those displays are concerned, it is not crazy to note that they were probably organized. Sad as that is.

Yes, and the Pubs wouldn't dream of doing such a thing if one of theirs had been in office...

delhalew
5/2/2011, 01:15 PM
Yes, and the Pubs wouldn't dream of doing such a thing if one of theirs had been in office...

**** me! I didn't say that, did I!

C&CDean
5/2/2011, 01:17 PM
nice. way to pol it up. meh.

I'm damned proud of the military for sending this POS straight to hell. I'm proud of Obama for his role.

I think those that celebrated like muslims are no better than muslims. A simple "niiiiice" or a "suhweeeeeet" with a high five would have sufficed. Climbing the statue at WP or acting like dickwheels in front of the White House? Not so much. We're better than that. Or at least we should be.

Sooner Tri
5/2/2011, 01:20 PM
Climbing the statue at WP or acting like dickwheels in front of the White House? Not so much. We're better than that. Or at least we should be.

I save this level of revelry for National Championships! :D

Whet
5/2/2011, 01:21 PM
Donald Segretti would be considered a light weight, compared to the dirty tricks and antics of today's DNC, Soros-funded mud-slinging groups. So, no the GOP would not stoop to that level.

Romulus
5/2/2011, 01:23 PM
You're no Roy Hobbs.

I know Roy Hobbs and he's a F'ing stud. Amiryte Stevo?

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 01:23 PM

I'm damned proud of the military for sending this POS straight to hell. I'm proud of Obama for his role.

I think those that celebrated like muslims are no better than muslims. A simple "niiiiice" or a "suhweeeeeet" with a high five would have sufficed. Climbing the statue at WP or acting like dickwheels in front of the White House? Not so much. We're better than that. Or at least we should be.

I've seen muslim celebrations before - on television of course - and i dont think you can compare them to a bunch of 20 year olds showing some patriotism at WP....human emotion is what it is

i dont see anything wrong with some form of unified emotional response - just my opinion

The
5/2/2011, 01:26 PM
just my opinion

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lki5zz3tCz1qcp3wfo1_400.jpg

delhalew
5/2/2011, 01:27 PM

I agree.

C&CDean
5/2/2011, 01:49 PM
I've seen muslim celebrations before - on television of course - and i dont think you can compare them to a bunch of 20 year olds showing some patriotism at WP....human emotion is what it is

i dont see anything wrong with some form of unified emotional response - just my opinion

It's cool. If I was 20 and still in the military I'm sure I would have done the exact same thing.

TUSooner
5/2/2011, 02:52 PM
Didn't he have about a gazillion wives?

If so he probably is happy to be dead.

That's pretty lame. But I laughed. :D

CrimsonCream
5/2/2011, 03:16 PM
i seriously doubt the SEAL that pulled the trigger is going to need counseling in the years ahead

Reminds of the bleeding heart liberal who asked the marine sniper what he thought when he made the shot. He said, "The recoil."

soonerchk
5/2/2011, 03:21 PM

Reminds of the bleeding heart liberal who asked the marine sniper what he thought when he made the shot. He said, "The recoil."

You got pwned.

Jammin'
5/2/2011, 03:21 PM

Did you mean "felt" instead of "thought"?

The
5/2/2011, 03:22 PM
ECHOESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

3rdgensooner
5/2/2011, 03:24 PM
ECHOESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
No, RECOILSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

CrimsonCream
5/2/2011, 03:24 PM

My thoughts too. Several things here.

Seems undignified that a United States President gets on television and announces the assassination, murder or killing of anyone however despised. Seems like the Secretary of Defense would be more appropriate. Then again, Obama takes no blame for anything but credit for everything.

Isn't this the same guy that won the Nobel Peace Prize? That was a crock anyway.

Noticed how Obama cut into Celebrity Apprentice at the very same time that Trump was going to fire someone? And it wasn't a coincidence either. Such a small and petty little man.

The
5/2/2011, 03:34 PM

Seems undignified that a United States President gets on television and announces the assassination, murder or killing of anyone however despised. Seems like the Secretary of Defense would be more appropriate. Then again, Obama takes no blame for anything but credit for everything.

Isn't this the same guy that won the Nobel Peace Prize? That was a crock anyway.

Noticed how Obama cut into Celebrity Apprentice at the very same time that Trump was going to fire someone? And it wasn't a coincidence either. Such a small and petty little man.

Irony? I need a ruling from the peanut gallery.

soonerchk
5/2/2011, 03:36 PM

Sweetie, you must have skipped right over the sarcasm in the post you quoted.

LosAngelesSooner
5/2/2011, 03:41 PM

May God Help him.
I've made that shot.

From a thousand yards.

XingTheRubicon
5/2/2011, 03:44 PM
heh

soonerchk
5/2/2011, 03:46 PM
I've made that shot.

From a thousand yards.

Will you be on the next season of Top Shot? CAuse that would be super cool.:cool:

CrimsonCream
5/2/2011, 03:50 PM
I've made that shot.

From a thousand yards.

You familiar with Carlos Hancock?

LosAngelesSooner
5/2/2011, 03:53 PM
You familiar with Roberto Handjob?

lexsooner
5/2/2011, 03:53 PM

Must be, since he felt the recoil.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/2/2011, 03:59 PM
http://operachic.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/09/roberto_bolle.jpg

Let me introduce Roberto Handjob.

LosAngelesSooner
5/2/2011, 04:01 PM
He's so purrrty

CrimsonCream
5/2/2011, 04:11 PM
You familiar with Roberto Handjob?

Carlos Hancock was the premier sniper in Vietnam and set the standard as opposed to whoever you were being cute with.

The
5/2/2011, 04:12 PM
SERIOUSBUSINESS

Tulsa_Fireman
5/2/2011, 04:15 PM
http://pgstudios.org/misc/internet_serious_business2.jpg

3rdgensooner
5/2/2011, 04:17 PM
http://pgstudios.org/misc/internet_serious_business2.jpg

^^ Hector Handjob?

C&CDean
5/2/2011, 04:19 PM
Pint night at Abner's. Buy Bye.

The
5/2/2011, 04:20 PM
Pint night at Abner's. Buy Bye.

Abners?

sooner_born_1960
5/2/2011, 04:22 PM
Hathcock.

CrimsonCream
5/2/2011, 04:23 PM
Hathcock.

You are correct. My mistake.

LosAngelesSooner
5/2/2011, 04:31 PM
This guy?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_RnlFOOpc8ls/TF935AV1-oI/AAAAAAAAD90/1q4PaC322eQ/s1600/Alfred+Hitchcock34.jpg

pphilfran
5/2/2011, 04:47 PM
yep, Obama deserves credit for this raid. He could've bailed and he didn't so good for him.

It also took some guts to go into a sovereign ally's (LOL) territory without their permission to get the job done.

Obama will also get the credit.....for Libya.

I disagree...it was a no brainer...

LosAngelesSooner
5/2/2011, 05:01 PM
McCain, the guy I supported in the last election, was on record as saying that in the exact same situation he would not have gone in there.

Now, I think we both know Bush Jr. would have done exactly what Obama did.

Bill Clinton? Not so sure. Hillary Clinton? Definitely would have. Bush Sr.? Hmmm...also not so sure.

Condescending Sooner
5/2/2011, 05:13 PM
McCain, the guy I supported in the last election, was on record as saying that in the exact same situation he would not have gone in there.
Now, I think we both know Bush Jr. would have done exactly what Obama did.

Bill Clinton? Not so sure. Hillary Clinton? Definitely would have. Bush Sr.? Hmmm...also not so sure.

Edit, wrong person.

okie52
5/2/2011, 05:14 PM
I disagree...it was a no brainer...

Are you now speaking about Bin Laden's remains?

cleller
5/2/2011, 05:22 PM
Shouldn't be surprised, but a fair amount of comments I heard while out and about today were folks doubting we truly killed him.
Most unable to grasp the reasons for burying at sea so quickly.

I think the rush to appease the muslim sensibilities is going to call out the whacko conspiracy theorists, ala Elvis, the moon landing, etc.

Romulus
5/2/2011, 05:22 PM
Reminds of the bleeding heart liberal who was a gay lover, voted for Obama, wanted socialized medicine, who asked the marine sniper what he thought when he made the shot. He said, "The recoil

Blue
5/2/2011, 05:27 PM
Shouldn't be surprised, but a fair amount of comments I heard while out and about today were folks doubting we truly killed him.

I think the rush to appease the muslim sensibilities is going to call out the whacko conspiracy theorists, ala Elvis, the moon landing, etc.

Well seeing as he hasn't made a message in 5 years and the media saying he was dead or dying of kidney failure for the last 10 years, and the fact that they did dump him in the water, and the factthe govt lies about everything,...etc.

You get my drift. I think this is on the up and up, but i don't blame anyone for thinking they had this guy on ice and brought him out at a certain time.

TitoMorelli
5/2/2011, 05:56 PM
Well seeing as he hasn't made a message in 5 years and the media saying he was dead or dying of kidney failure for the last 10 years, and the fact that they did dump him in the water, and the factthe govt lies about everything,...etc.

You get my drift. I think this is on the up and up, but i don't blame anyone for thinking they had this guy on ice and brought him out at a certain time.

You see, Bush and Cheney had OBL on ice for years, waiting to spring a surprise in late October 2008 when Palin would "shoot" him with her deer rifle in a staged surprise terrorist attack, thus saving the 2008 election for the GOP. However, when they went to thaw out the body (which was being kept in a vault deep in the bowels of the National Archives), they discovered that Sandy Berger had smuggled out the only key inside his Depends, thereby frustrating the GOP plans and costing McCain/Palin the White House.

But hey, I'm at least no birther. As of last week anyway.

Jammin'
5/2/2011, 06:08 PM
Reminds of the bleeding heart liberal who was a gay lover, voted for Obama, wanted socialized medicine, who asked the marine sniper what he thought when he made the shot. He said, "The recoil

I'm trying to decide whether to love or hate you.
What are your thoughts?

cleller
5/2/2011, 06:08 PM
We are having ribs for dinner tonight in honor of Bin Laden's meeting with the hogs of hell.

Romulus
5/2/2011, 06:22 PM
I make an incredible rack of ribs

sappstuf
5/2/2011, 06:30 PM
Are you now speaking about Bin Laden's remains?

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/rimshot.jpg

I don't care what board you are from... That is funny right there.

Jammin'
5/2/2011, 06:49 PM

AGreed.

soonerchk
5/2/2011, 07:11 PM

It wasn't a rush to appease Muslim sensibilities, it was to make sure there was no place for anyone to go and worship him as a martyr.

cccasooner2
5/2/2011, 07:55 PM
It wasn't a rush to appease Muslim sensibilities, it was to make sure there was no place for anyone to go and worship him as a martyr.

That, and leaving it up to Allah for the direction his head was facing. If Allah was pleased with him, his head would point directly towards Mecca. Personally, I think his coffin nosed into the mud, but then again I'm no Allah.

okie52
5/2/2011, 07:59 PM

I'm thinking of "Bin Laden is dead" lunch. All are invited. Lets go for a week from Friday, May 13th, noon, at Momma Rojas.

A Sooner in Texas
5/2/2011, 08:57 PM

FINALLY I get to spek soonerchk again!

A Sooner in Texas
5/2/2011, 09:00 PM
Irony? I need a ruling from the peanut gallery.

Yes.

cccasooner2
5/2/2011, 09:01 PM
A little Rush satire on Obama and praise for the Special Forces.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/05/rush-limbaugh-on-bin-ladens-death-thank-god-for-president-obama.html

ouwasp
5/2/2011, 09:16 PM
Back to vet's OP, our troops already sacrifice so much... I'm willing to bet that SEAL was "happy" to take the shot, doing his duty... with the idea that even if it were to impact his peace of mind in the future, he would be providing many multiple thousands of his countymen solace, a sense of justice, and maybe even a good night's sleep.

As for the jubilant "Arab street" behavior... we're due to blow off a little stream. Were we restrained on VE Day? VJ Day? Yeah, I know the war's not over. Shoot, as PC as our media would have us believe our country is becoming, I'm just glad to see their are young people that at least pretend to care.

It's kinda fun to pop off on a message board about what we'd like to see done with OBL's body... so what? We know the gov't wouldn't acutally do the barbaric things we were joking about.

Maybe I was too harsh toward South Carolina Sooner. We can agree to disagree.

As for Osama? He deserved Death... and things worse than Death.

soonercruiser
5/2/2011, 10:56 PM

Crimson,
I might disappoint the LWers on this forum; but, I actually thought that the Pres. did a good job of not taking personal credit.
And, besides all the testimony on the news today says that the first two links to the OBL's "currier" came from waterboarding the 3 big guys.
I assuming that he will want the fine details to just go away; as it doesn't support his position against selective enhanced interrogation.

Got to agree with the Olevet's original post.
It's good news. But, the job will likely get into your head eventually - unless you are pretty close to GOD.

The big joke today is...
Instead of 72 virginns, OBL got 72 sturgeons!
:D

soonerchk
5/3/2011, 12:27 PM
That, and leaving it up to Allah for the direction his head was facing. If Allah was pleased with him, his head would point directly towards Mecca. Personally, I think his coffin nosed into the mud, but then again I'm no Allah.

Either way, he's fish poop now.