PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden

Pages : 1 [2]

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 07:00 AM
teh seals were involved

http://www.peachpundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/seal_insignia.jpg

i hope one of the seals put one of these on his forehead before they dropped his body into the ocean

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 07:01 AM
it will be interesting to see the Arab response to this

like it makes a difference at this point? who gives a ****

okie52
5/2/2011, 07:04 AM

I'm pizzed we gave him a burial at sea in 24 hours of his death...according to Muslim tradition. Who gives a sheet is right.

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 07:06 AM
I'm pizzed we gave him a burial at sea in 24 hours of his death...according to Muslim tradition. Who gives a sheet is right.

i think its genius - i was worried they'd give his body back to his family - his burial on land would have created a new mecca for terrorists and martyrs....dumping his body to be shark poop is the perfect place for him

yermom
5/2/2011, 07:06 AM

well, it was kind of a response to the gas price thing

more unrest, less unrest. does it actually do anything to Al Qaida's operations and influence

you know, nothing major

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 07:08 AM
so oil prices do matter to you? is that what you're saying?

okie52
5/2/2011, 07:10 AM
i think its genius - i was worried they'd give his body back to his family - his burial on land would have created a new mecca for terrorists and martyrs....dumping his body to be shark poop is the perfect place for him

Oh, I didn't particularly care what they did with his body...just could have given a crap if they adhered to some custom in honor of the dead POS.

BTW-alll Muslims are buried at sea? That's a load of crap right there.

sappstuf
5/2/2011, 07:12 AM

I'm hoping some of my Navy friends wrapped him in bacon first...

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 07:13 AM
BTW-alll Muslims are buried at sea?

where did you read that?

okie52
5/2/2011, 07:13 AM
I'm hoping some of my Navy friends wrapped him in bacon first...

Inside of that bacon planted with a Cleveland Steamer.

okie52
5/2/2011, 07:16 AM
where did you read that?

I didn't. The news said he was buried at sea within 24 hours of his death in accordance with Muslim tradition....whether they were referring to being buried within 24 hours or at sea or both I don't know. Point is I wanted him to not be honored in such a way.

sappstuf
5/2/2011, 07:20 AM
“Military source tells me #Seals built a full-scale mockup of #bin Ladin’s compound and spent weeks practicing the raid and learning layout.”

Awesome...

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 07:20 AM
I didn't. The news said he was buried at sea within 24 hours of his death in accordance with Muslim tradition....whether they were referring to being buried within 24 hours or at sea or both I don't know. Point is I wanted him to not be honored in such a way.

i think its "buried within 24 hours" - and i dont think we need to drag him thru the streets

REDREX
5/2/2011, 07:21 AM
I didn't. The news said he was buried at sea within 24 hours of his death in accordance with Muslim tradition....whether they were referring to being buried within 24 hours or at sea or both I don't know. Point is I wanted him to not be honored in such a way.---Osama sleeps with the fishes

yermom
buried at sea and in accordance with Muslim custom, not that they are related

it seems like a good idea to not incite more Muslims to hate us, you know

TitoMorelli
oops.

http://dc-cdn.virtacore.com/2011/05/Screen-shot-2011-05-02-at-1.12.22-AM-300x154.png

In an attempt to release the news of Osama bin Laden’s death quickly late Sunday night, MSNBC correspondent Norah O’Donnell accidentally reported on Twitter that “Obama” had been “killed” instead.

“Obama shot and killed,” Norah O’Donnell posted on Twitter, citing NBC Chief Pentagon Correspondent Jim Miklaszewski as her source.

It was announced Sunday that Osama Bin Laden, who orchestrated the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, was killed by American forces. President Obama addressed the nation to deliver the news around 11:30 PM EST.

O’Donnell later removed the post.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/02/typo-msnbc-correspondent-accidentally-reports-on-twitter-that-obama-killed/#ixzz1LCGdH2oH

AlboSooner
5/2/2011, 07:24 AM
buried at sea and in accordance with Muslim custom, not that they are related

it seems like a good idea to not incite more Muslims to hate us, you know

I agree. Moslem reaction has been positive so far. We should remember he killed Moslems too

okie52
5/2/2011, 07:25 AM
i think its "buried within 24 hours" - and i dont think we need to drag him thru the streets

No, we didn't need to do that but we sure didn't need to rush his "burial" just so we honor his religion, either.

okie52
5/2/2011, 07:26 AM
---Osama sleeps with the fishes

That he does....or so we are told.

lexsooner
5/2/2011, 07:27 AM
Oh, I didn't particularly care what they did with his body...just could have given a crap if they adhered to some custom in honor of the dead POS.

BTW-alll Muslims are buried at sea? That's a load of crap right there.

See JK's posts above. The disposal of OBL's body was clearly planned and carefully thought out - wisely. Why give anyone in the Muslim world any opportunity to make a martyr of OBL or make an issue of how respectful or disrespectful we were to their traditions? In other words, this is a complete victory for the U.S., so why do anything to cloud it? It was brilliantly carried out and closed out in a neat package with a bow tie on it. The burial at sea was totally the right call.

Hot Rod
5/2/2011, 07:29 AM
Glad our military finally got him. I also really believe it didn't matter who was the President at the time. When you have the green light and information to get him, it's just an obvious decision. Our intelligence and armed forces continued to their job in locating him, and when they did it sounds like they didn't just bust in there, but planned it out properly to avoid military loss of life.

I think this should be a concern to anyone who thinks they can mess with the U.S. We love our freedom, but when you mess with us, WE WILL FIND YOU!

God Bless America!

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 07:29 AM
See JK's posts above. The disposal of OBL's body was clearly planned and carefully thought out - wisely. Why give anyone in the Muslim world any opportunity to make a martyr of OBL or make an issue of how respectful or disrespectful we were to their traditions? In other words, this is a complete victory for the U.S., so why do anything to cloud it? It was brilliantly carried out and closed out in a neat package with a bow tie on it. The burial at sea was totally the right call.

bingo

we put a bullet thru his head and dumped his body over an undisclosed grid coordinate in an ocean "somewhere" - does it really matter if we say "we observed muslim customs?"

like i said - i hope the SEALS implanted one of their insignias in his forehead to help weight him down

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/2/2011, 07:30 AM
http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/screenshots/170323d1304307934-animated-gif-thread-tumblr_lkjsa0vvlq1qzu2tdo1_400.gif

lexsooner
5/2/2011, 08:02 AM
How much do you want to bet the SEALs were ordered to kill OBL and everyone with him? The official line is OBL and his associates fired at the SEALs and the SEALs then killed them. Maybe, maybe not. No matter though, because I figure Obama did not want OBL alive. Kill OBL and dispose of his body, and that is that. Can you imagine bringing him back alive and trying him? What a nightmare. Again, assuming that kill OBL was the order, it was another wise one.

Turd_Ferguson
5/2/2011, 08:04 AM
http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/screenshots/170323d1304307934-animated-gif-thread-tumblr_lkjsa0vvlq1qzu2tdo1_400.gif

I'm not getting this. Is this some attempt to make Obama look like a bad ***? Like he was the trigger man himself?

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 08:05 AM
i dont think you can order a raid with 40 SEALS and 3 or more helicopters and expect to bring him back alive....i'm pretty sure it was a "take no prisoners' kind of raid

Turd_Ferguson
5/2/2011, 08:12 AM
i dont think you can order a raid with 40 SEALS and 3 or more helicopters and expect to bring him back alive....i'm pretty sure it was a "take no prisoners' kind of raidI'm willing to bet there have been standing orders for years now on how to handle any contact with OBL. Who knows, he could have been captured last week, interrogated, then executed.

lexsooner
5/2/2011, 08:17 AM
I'm willing to bet there have been standing orders for years now on how to handle any contact with OBL. Who knows, he could have been captured last week, interrogated, then executed.

We will never know. Or it could have been done Peruvian style, ala the embassy raid back in the 90s: mow everyone down and keep peppering their bodies with bullets for several minutes and then go out and wave samurai swords in celebration. However, I tend to think the SEALs operated in a much more professional manner than the Peruvian special forces. Just one bullet each needed.

okie52
5/2/2011, 08:22 AM

He is already a martyr to his followers.

You didn't have to be disrespectful to his body but you sure didn't have to bury it in 24 hours, either. He11, his followers will probably make the compound a shrine.

If they got all of the verification and information they needed in 24 hours then so be it. Otherwise, no need to rush just to keep his followers happy.

Sooner in Tampa
5/2/2011, 08:26 AM
i dont think you can order a raid with 40 SEALS and 3 or more helicopters and expect to bring him back alive....i'm pretty sure it was a "take no prisoners' kind of raid

He was offered the chance to give up...he didn't, he used a woman as a shield...so they are both gone.One shot in his eye and he was GONE for good. Good riddance. They got a picture of him and took some DNA...that is all we need.

texaspokieokie
5/2/2011, 08:43 AM
if they'd captured him & brot him to gitmo, it would have dragged on for years !! try him in NYC or cuba. oh, what will we do !!! years of wringing our hands
???
millions down the tubes.
this was best !!!
still can't see all the jubilation. it took 10 yrs.

if Bush's guys had done this, they would've been tried (by ubama & holder)
as "war criminals".

mgsooner
5/2/2011, 08:46 AM
as "war criminals".

:gary:

lexsooner
5/2/2011, 09:02 AM
as "war criminals".

This has to be the most retarded statement in the history of the SO.

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 09:03 AM

agreed - at least in the last few days :)

texaspokieokie
5/2/2011, 09:03 AM

well, close anyway.

sanantoniosooner
5/2/2011, 09:36 AM
It's like the Storm of the Century of the week.

Midtowner
5/2/2011, 09:54 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm very satisfied he's done. But if we are going to act like a bunch of ****ing medieval fools about it, the cycle of violence and death will continue.

We're talking about war here. Despite our Western attempts at making war this civilized and decent thing, it just isn't and won't ever be. This fella is primarily responsible for the brutal killing of thousands of Americans, the worst attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor. He doesn't deserve respect, he doesn't deserve to benefit from our civilized custom of prosecuting a war. He got exactly what he deserved. A headshot, and a quick transformation into fish food.

This cycle of violence has been going on since Ancient times--Greeks vs. the Persians; Romans vs. everybody; Umayyid Caliphate vs. Spain and the Franks; the Crusades; Turks vs. the West. No one is under the illusion that knocking off Bin Laden is going to end all of that, but imagine if Richard I had managed to knock off Saladin. That'd have been kinda big, n'est pas?

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/2/2011, 10:14 AM
We're talking about war here. Despite our Western attempts at making war this civilized and decent thing, it just isn't and won't ever be. This fella is primarily responsible for the brutal killing of thousands of Americans, the worst attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor. He doesn't deserve respect, he doesn't deserve to benefit from our civilized custom of prosecuting a war. He got exactly what he deserved. A headshot, and a quick transformation into fish food.

This cycle of violence has been going on since Ancient times--Greeks vs. the Persians; Romans vs. everybody; Umayyid Caliphate vs. Spain and the Franks; the Crusades; Turks vs. the West. No one is under the illusion that knocking off Bin Laden is going to end all of that, but imagine if Richard I had managed to knock off Saladin. That'd have been kinda big, n'est pas?
I agree with this entire post, the medieval part I was talking about was calling for his body to be desecrated and such. Things that would further inflame the Muslim community and provoke future attacks.

texaspokieokie
5/2/2011, 10:23 AM
I agree with this entire post, the medieval part I was talking about was calling for his body to be desecrated and such. Things that would further inflame the Muslim community and provoke future attacks.

they already hate us as hard as they can !!!

Jammin'
5/2/2011, 10:24 AM

I agree with most of it. The only error is that "since Pearl Harbor" part. More died on Sept 11th than at Pearl.

Now you know and knowing is half the battle.

delhalew
5/2/2011, 10:26 AM
Does that idiot everything a person says on a message board is serious bidness?

Jammin'
5/2/2011, 10:27 AM
Does that idiot everything a person says on a message board is serious bidness?

Can you be more specific? And use all the words in your thought?

MR2-Sooner86
5/2/2011, 10:30 AM
US Naval Academy announcement to students that we got Bin Laden.

_104CFkUGzc

delhalew
5/2/2011, 10:31 AM
Can you be more specific? And use all the words in your thought?

I can't quote SCS due to him making it to the colossal tard list.

What are words, Jammin? Really.

Jammin'
5/2/2011, 10:34 AM
I can't quote SCS due to him making it to the colossal tard list.

What are words, Jammin? Really.

whao, your high too? coool.

Caboose
5/2/2011, 10:37 AM

Sounds like you have a pretty low opinion of the Muslim community.

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/2/2011, 10:39 AM
Sounds like you have a pretty low opinion of the Muslim community.
They've certainly earned a low opinion, even the "moderates". Would you disagree that desecrating Osama's body would cost American lives?

KantoSooner
5/2/2011, 10:42 AM
Soooooo happy today.
Living the last decade knowing that I was sharing air with that sub-human was a daily trial.
Oh well, one down. A long list to go.

Navy SEALS, one answer to global overpopulation.

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/2/2011, 10:44 AM
if they'd captured him & brot him to gitmo, it would have dragged on for years !! try him in NYC or cuba. oh, what will we do !!! years of wringing our hands
???
millions down the tubes.
this was best !!!
still can't see all the jubilation. it took 10 yrs.

as "war criminals".

http://gifnation.com/albums/funny/kobe_wtf.gif

The
5/2/2011, 10:48 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RDX90.jpg

Tupac's still making records, and he's been dead for 15 years.

KantoSooner
5/2/2011, 10:53 AM
They've certainly earned a low opinion, even the "moderates". Would you disagree that desecrating Osama's body would cost American lives?

I spent almost 15 years living in the Muslim world. Mostly happy years. But, after devoting a lot of time and energy to insisting on tolerance and understanding from the Western World, I came to understand that the Muslim world neither wanted it nor reciprocated.

At this stage, I merely hope for a nice Iran/Iraq war to break out and end only when there are no more fighters on either side.

Regarding the world Muslim community, Vlad Putin is right, they regard 'us' as dust and will attempt to kill us whenever and whereever they can. It is not the Western World that needs to change, it is the Islamic world. Until they do, we must be vigilant and respond to each and every of their atrocities against us with maximal force and viciousness.

MR2-Sooner86
5/2/2011, 11:00 AM
Would you disagree that desecrating Osama's body would cost American lives?

"They can say they buried him at sea, but they cannot say they did it according to Islam," said Mohammed al-Qubaisi, Dubai's grand mufti. "If the family does not want him, it's really simple in Islam: You dig up a grave anywhere, even on a remote island, you say the prayers and that's it. Sea burials are permissible for Muslims in extraordinary circumstances, [but] this is not one of them."

But Mohammed Qudah, a professor of Islamic law at the University of Jordan, said burying the Saudi-born Bin Laden at sea was not forbidden if there was nobody to receive the body and provide a Muslim burial. "The land and the sea belong to God, who is able to protect and raise the dead at the end of times for Judgment Day," he said. "It's neither true nor correct to claim that there was nobody in the Muslim world ready to receive Bin Laden's body."

"What was done by the Americans is forbidden by Islam and might provoke some Muslims," said another Islamic scholar from Iraq, Abdul-Sattar al-Janabi, who preaches at Baghdad's famous Abu Hanifa mosque. "It is not acceptable and it is almost a crime to throw the body of a Muslim man into the sea. The body of Bin Laden should have been handed over to his family to look for a country or land to bury him." (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/osama-bin-laden-death-live)

We're dealing with un-evolved sub-humans. We could do everything right and they'd still find something to get upset about.

KantoSooner
5/2/2011, 11:07 AM
I am sick and tired of tip-toeing around trying to not 'provoke' muslims. I won't intentionally stir them up out of concern for our citizens overseas. But, for the rest of it, they can STFU.

I'll let them know when they earn the right to be respected.

And it's going to be a looooooooooooooooong time.

The Maestro
5/2/2011, 11:12 AM
I am sick and tired of tip-toeing around trying to not 'provoke' muslims. I won't intentionally stir them up out of concern for our citizens overseas. But, for the rest of it, they can STFU.

Well said. It is like a scared family that tries to keep the drunk, abusive dad from getting too angry. They hate us regardless. F 'em. We don't cater to morons that believe the craziest **** of all time.

olevetonahill
5/2/2011, 11:27 AM
Well I think it was wrong to just dump his carcass at sea.
Shoulda buried him on land and set up a nice shrine so his followers could visit him .

Then when they were all gathered around and Mourning him. Detonate some ****ing IEDs;)

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/2/2011, 11:29 AM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8241119/capturing-bin-laden-would-unleash-hell

We should tread a little lightly, I think.

sappstuf
5/2/2011, 11:32 AM
Well I think it was wrong to just dump his carcass at sea.
Shoulda buried him on land and set up a nice shrine so his followers could visit him .

Then when they were all gathered around and Mourning him. Detonate some ****ing IEDs;)

http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/images/products/large_262_FTW-patch.jpg

okie52
5/2/2011, 11:34 AM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8241119/capturing-bin-laden-would-unleash-hell

We should tread a little lightly, I think.

Maybe we should have just let him go and apologized for any inconvenience.

delhalew
5/2/2011, 11:34 AM

If spek wasn't broken, I'd give you a wall of green.

Aldebaran
5/2/2011, 11:35 AM
Yeah... Sea burial was definitely the way to go. The idea of releasing his body to be treated with respect and buried ceremonially and enshrined (as a martre?) would be terrible to stomach.

Ike
5/2/2011, 11:36 AM
Yeah... Sea burial was definitely the way to go. The idea of releasing his body to be treated with respect and buried ceremonially and enshrined (as a martre?) would be terrible to stomach.

I'm actually kind of with OleVet on this one. Put a GPS chip in his body and hand it over. Then raid the funeral.

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/2/2011, 11:37 AM
I never suggested that (thanks for putting words in my mouth anyways) but I think any nuclear threat should be taken very seriously, especially when theres evidence that many warheads were unaccounted for in Central Asia after the fall of the USSR. Its not inconceivable that a terrorist organization has acquired either a loose warhead from the USSR or possibly even the Khan network.

And on provoking Muslims, I'm not saying they have any right to go killing after someone draws a cartoon of Muhammad, but going in heavy handed and not offering slight respect to their customs has gotten many Americans killed in the past.

OUMallen
5/2/2011, 11:38 AM

Apparently we did it in the Muslim tradition. So it was very much treated with respect.

But that respect still resulted in an eel eating his weenie this very second.

badger
5/2/2011, 11:43 AM
While I have been raised to not celebrate death and I know that there are some other there hurting over this death rather than celebrating... I just can't help but smile thinking about how many people are at peace today after the 9/11 attacks... it only took 10 years, but I hope everyone effected by 9/11 finds some form of peace today.

And if you find it by celebrating, then JUMP AROUND! :D
doIMMfb47s4

okie52
5/2/2011, 11:46 AM
I never suggested that (thanks for putting words in my mouth anyways) but I think any nuclear threat should be taken very seriously, especially when theres evidence that many warheads were unaccounted for in Central Asia after the fall of the USSR. Its not inconceivable that a terrorist organization has acquired either a loose warhead from the USSR or possibly even the Khan network.

And on provoking Muslims, I'm not saying they have any right to go killing after someone draws a cartoon of Muhammad, but going in heavy handed and not offering slight respect to their customs has gotten many Americans killed in the past.

If they have a nuke they sure don't need to wait for Bin Laden to be killed to use it. He11, 10 years is a long time for them to wait.

I am not saying to deliberately try to provoke Muslims or any other religion, belief, etc....

On the other hand when you are at war I wouldn't lose any sleep over not letting a custom stand in the way of what is necessary to complete a mission or obtain information, etc...

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/2/2011, 11:47 AM
If they have a nuke they sure don't need to wait for Bin Laden to be killed to use it. He11, 10 years is a long time for them to wait.

I am not saying to deliberately try to provoke Muslims or any other religion, belief, etc....

On the other hand when you are at war I wouldn't lose any sleep over not letting a custom stand in the way of what is necessary to complete a mission or obtain information, etc...
Fair enough, hopefully you're right :D

KantoSooner
5/2/2011, 11:52 AM

My only critique of your position is that responding to lies, contempt, violence and treachery with honesty and consideration works rarely and is more often a waste of time or, worse, an incitement to bullies.

I would say we've tried the honesty and consideration approach for most of the last century....with little of no success when it comes to the islamic world (lack of caps intentional). For the last decade or so, the use of overwhelming, brutal force has had arguable merit. But at least it's felt good.

They will stop killing ours when the cost becomes too high. Or when there are none of them left. We didn't start this shiite. It would be criminally negligent for us to fail to end it.

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/2/2011, 11:56 AM
My only critique of your position is that responding to lies, contempt, violence and treachery with honesty and consideration works rarely and is more often a waste of time or, worse, an incitement to bullies.

I would say we've tried the honesty and consideration approach for most of the last century....with little of no success when it comes to the islamic world (lack of caps intentional). For the last decade or so, the use of overwhelming, brutal force has had arguable merit. But at least it's felt good.

They will stop killing ours when the cost becomes too high. Or when there are none of them left. We didn't start this shiite. It would be criminally negligent for us to fail to end it.
I don't think we need to respond with anything, just leave them to themselves. Not justifying any of their actions again, but we did provoke them by meddling where we didn't belong. Now whether its too late to isolate ourselves...that may be true. Hopefully a heavy handed approach will not come with too much blowback.

SoCaliSooner
5/2/2011, 11:58 AM
Anybody notice that the info where he was staying was gleaned from the CIA interrogations Obama campaigned against?

Jammin'
5/2/2011, 12:12 PM
Anybody notice that the info where he was staying was gleaned from the CIA interrogations Obama campaigned against?

SoonerNate pm'ed me the exact same thing. Weird.

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 12:12 PM

at GITMO right?

oh the irony....

The Maestro
5/2/2011, 12:33 PM
Heh.

Dick Vitale tweet this morning.

https://twitter.com/#!/DickieV/status/65053096430153728

Heh.

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/2/2011, 12:35 PM
Don't kill me for saying this, but isn't the timing of this all in the least bit suspicious? I do think we killed him, as this would be an awful big lie, but the body was immediately disposed of before it could be verified, and images can always be manipulated. I just have Jessica Lynch and Pat Tillman incidents in my mind.

The
5/2/2011, 12:44 PM
Don't kill me for saying this, but isn't the timing of this all in the least bit suspicious? I do think we killed him, as this would be an awful big lie, but the body was immediately disposed of before it could be verified, and images can always be manipulated. I just have Jessica Lynch and Pat Tillman incidents in my mind.

If I were a betting man, and I am, I would put money that we didn't bury him at sea.

http://filmstripcomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/raiders_of_the_lost_ark_government_warehouse_new.j pg

Top men are on it. Top men.

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2011, 12:47 PM
they're taking him out to Roswell to store him with the aliens

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/2/2011, 12:48 PM
If I were a betting man, and I am, I would put money that we didn't bury him at sea.

http://filmstripcomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/raiders_of_the_lost_ark_government_warehouse_new.j pg

Top men are on it. Top men.
Indiana Jones: Turban of Abbottabad

The
5/2/2011, 12:48 PM
they're taking him out to Roswell to store him with the aliens

Just, a company man like you should know that the aliens are in Dulce, not Rowsell.

Have you forgotten 1979 already?

The Maestro
5/2/2011, 12:50 PM

May 1st...day the Russians confirmed Hitler was dead.

Same day as GWB's "Mission Accomplished".

Let the conspiracy begin!

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/2/2011, 12:51 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_baPSplXYBpk/S_Gfi7ig95I/AAAAAAAAA60/577Yniu0764/s1600/Signs_foil_hat-thumb-550x373-17996.jpg

Let's also not forget its May Day...international communist conspiracy. And this May is the first "Zombie Awareness Month"

homerSimpsonsBrain
5/2/2011, 01:05 PM

Thats ok with me as long as it was AFTER the double tap and not before.

The
5/2/2011, 01:05 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_baPSplXYBpk/S_Gfi7ig95I/AAAAAAAAA60/577Yniu0764/s1600/Signs_foil_hat-thumb-550x373-17996.jpg

Let's also not forget its May Day...international communist conspiracy. And this May is the first "Zombie Awareness Month"

It's also a pagan holiday: Walpurgisnacht and Beltane.

KantoSooner
5/2/2011, 01:24 PM
I don't think we need to respond with anything, just leave them to themselves. Not justifying any of their actions again, but we did provoke them by meddling where we didn't belong. Now whether its too late to isolate ourselves...that may be true. Hopefully a heavy handed approach will not come with too much blowback.

Really? My memory goes back beyond Black September and I don't recollect any particular 'provocation'. <The one I think you refer to is the stationing of troops in Saudi Arabia....an action that we took in response to the invastion of an ally and that was specifically requested by the Saudi government. Who would appear to be the right folks to talk with before entering Saudi Arabia. To say otherwise could be likened to getting a visa to visit Italy, but then feeling obligated to vet your upcoming travel plans past a committee made up of Gypsy mendicants to make sure it was 'OK' with them. Another potential one would be our annoying failure to authorize the annihiliation of world Jewry. Damn us; we're always in the way of a good time.>

There will always be some group, somewhere, who get their panties in a twist because 'Amerika' has done something they don't like. Or, in the alternative, because we didn't do something they view as our obligation. 99% of the time our sins are completely imaginary reflections of their own failure of wit or will to take care of issues in their own pathetic lives.

As to isolationism, we've touched on this before: prior to WWI and then, again, prior to WWII to name only the two most famous. It wasn't possible even as long ago as our Civil War. That should, in the age of air travel (appropos, non?), be pretty obvious.

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/2/2011, 01:30 PM
Really? My memory goes back beyond Black September and I don't recollect any particular 'provocation'. <The one I think you refer to is the stationing of troops in Saudi Arabia....an action that we took in response to the invastion of an ally and that was specifically requested by the Saudi government. Who would appear to be the right folks to talk with before entering Saudi Arabia. To say otherwise could be likened to getting a visa to visit Italy, but then feeling obligated to vet your upcoming travel plans past a committee made up of Gypsy mendicants to make sure it was 'OK' with them. Another potential one would be our annoying failure to authorize the annihiliation of world Jewry. Damn us; we're always in the way of a good time.>

That is what I'm talking about, and this time the Gypsy mendicants came back to cost us thousands of lives.

sooner59
5/2/2011, 01:34 PM
I have a hard time believing Americans "cleaned his body and wrapped him in a white sheet" before disposing his body in the ocean. Sure that is what the U.S. said. My bet is...they identified his body and kicked him off the aircraft carrier chained to a cinder block.

The
5/2/2011, 01:37 PM
I have a hard time believing Americans "cleaned his body and wrapped him in a white sheet" before disposing his body in the ocean. Sure that is what the U.S. said. My bet is...they identified his body and kicked him off the aircraft carrier chained to a cinder block.

$1000 dollars. I accept your wager, good sir.

JohnnyMack
5/2/2011, 01:40 PM

There will always be some group, somewhere, who get their panties in a twist because 'Amerika' has done something they don't like. Or, in the alternative, because we didn't do something they view as our obligation. 99% of the time our sins are completely imaginary reflections of their own failure of wit or will to take care of issues in their own pathetic lives.

As to isolationism, we've touched on this before: prior to WWI and then, again, prior to WWII to name only the two most famous. It wasn't possible even as long ago as our Civil War. That should, in the age of air travel (appropos, non?), be pretty obvious.

A lot of Bin Laden's anger came not from our boots on the ground in SA, but the fact that after Desert Storm was winding down it became clear we had no intention of abandoning the bases we had established there.

Sooner98
5/2/2011, 01:44 PM
US Naval Academy announcement to students that we got Bin Laden.

_104CFkUGzc

Goosebumps.

KantoSooner
5/2/2011, 02:17 PM
That is what I'm talking about, and this time the Gypsy mendicants came back to cost us thousands of lives.

Dandy, so let's extend ourselves to a conclusion. Here's the setup so far: The good ole USofA takes an action to resolve a problem. Some whack job, associated with other whack jobs (who, by the way are absolutist, it's their way or no way at all), takes umbrage. They threaten violence and then act on their threats, killing lots of our citizens (by the way, unassociated with the act that riled up the wj's in the first place).

Do we:

A) Do our best to placate every pressure group who chooses to exert themselves to oppose something or other? (and remember here: you can't pick and choose. You don't know in advance who will actually act out).
or
B) Ignore them and hope for the best.
or
C) Take the best considered action you can muster under the time and circumstances to address your national interests and monitor those groups who appear to pose the highest degree of threat...and, from time to time send very serious men to their homes late at night to kill them.

You're free to vote for option 'A', we live in a democracy. I am free to vote for option 'C'. We as a nation tend towards 'B'....until our people are killed and then we peg the needle over towards 'C' for a while....and generally the world is a better place for it.

TUSooner
5/2/2011, 02:38 PM
Well, it was a group of highly trained and talented Americans. They didn't use 5 dudes off a message board.

Spek.

Funny reading all the conclusions that were jumped to before the full facts came out. Not quite as funny seeing the same old lame, tired, political knee-jerks reactions despite the facts.

soonerbrat
5/2/2011, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the link. PCR takes about two hours to do at my work. I'm sure the best was available to those guys.

it took me about 6 hours when I used to do that stuff. but i'm sure technology is much better than at the small lab where I used to work.

The
5/2/2011, 03:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/c6zxU.png

SoonerBorn
5/2/2011, 04:03 PM

I won't believe it until I see a death certificate. Long form.

Midtowner
5/2/2011, 04:04 PM
I believe nothing until I see the long-form death certificate.

Beat you on that one.

KNEE BRACE
5/2/2011, 04:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/c6zxU.png

This is the best post

Turd_Ferguson
5/2/2011, 04:06 PM
This is the best postYou must be another **** gobbler...

KNEE BRACE
5/2/2011, 04:09 PM
awwwwkward

The
5/2/2011, 04:10 PM
You must be another **** gobbler...
http://i.imgur.com/tuNq4.jpg

DIB
5/2/2011, 04:14 PM
You must be another **** gobbler...

U jelly?

The
5/2/2011, 04:15 PM
U jelly?

He jelly.

SoonerBorn
5/2/2011, 04:49 PM
Beat you on that one.

Great minds think alike. And, so do ours!

BudSooner
5/2/2011, 05:23 PM
Sooooo, the muslims are pissed about his "burial" at sea, who gives a royal **** since some of the folks at the WTC site didn't get enough of them found to have a burial.

**** you, if I had my choice I would have buried him *** up towards mecca.

With dildo hanging out for good measure.

pphilfran
5/2/2011, 05:27 PM
I hope his "virgins" all have the clap...

okie52
5/2/2011, 08:08 PM

Hear, hear!!!

But, of course, wishing it in a way that is respectful to Muslims.

bigfatjerk
5/2/2011, 08:16 PM
I was going through the news networks last night and Geraldo was by far the most entertaining when news broke out. He was trying to keep from pissing his pants he was so happy.

As far as Osama getting killed hopefully this means mission accomplished and we can start getting the hell out of the middle east and fix our own problems. Having 2.5 wars go on. Having troops in Korea, Japan, Europe, and over 100 other countries just makes no sense with our current economic problems.

yermom
5/2/2011, 08:17 PM
good luck with all that

okie52
5/2/2011, 08:22 PM
I was going through the news networks last night and Geraldo was by far the most entertaining when news broke out. He was trying to keep from pissing his pants he was so happy.

As far as Obama getting killed hopefully this means mission accomplished and we can start getting the hell out of the middle east and fix our own problems. Having 2.5 wars go on. Having troops in Korea, Japan, Europe, and over 100 other countries just makes no sense with our current economic problems.

Hopefully you were meaning Osama.

bigfatjerk
5/2/2011, 08:25 PM
I changed it. I made the same mistake Geraldo made last night. How did we elect a guy with one letter away from being the biggest terrorist in US history? That should have been a good sign how bad a president Obama was gonna be.

bigfatjerk
5/2/2011, 08:27 PM

Where he's going there probably will be 72 virgins but they will all be males.

okie52
5/2/2011, 08:27 PM
I changed it. I made the same mistake Geraldo made last night. How did we elect a guy with one letter away from being the biggest terrorist in US history? That should have been a good sign how bad a president Obama was gonna be.

Well Hussein didn't help matters.

cccasooner2
5/2/2011, 08:33 PM
Hopefully you were meaning Osama.

LOL.

cccasooner2
5/2/2011, 08:36 PM

May baskets and the kisses too.

AlboSooner
5/2/2011, 09:18 PM
it took me about 6 hours when I used to do that stuff. but i'm sure technology is much better than at the small lab where I used to work.
I'm sure they had the best for this test. PCR takes about 2.5 hours now. I don't even know if they did PCR, but that would be about the quickest. Even if it took longer, they still had plenty of time.

I spent almost 15 years living in the Muslim world. Mostly happy years. But, after devoting a lot of time and energy to insisting on tolerance and understanding from the Western World, I came to understand that the Muslim world neither wanted it nor reciprocated. .

I agree. Islam is a political movement masqueraded as a religion, and regardless what the West does, Islamic politics is always contrary than secular politics.

BeetDigger
5/2/2011, 10:31 PM
Hmm.... I'm thinking that Osama is not exactly partying with 72 virgins right now.

Correct. Not 72 virgins, 72 sodomists. :texan: