PDA

View Full Version : Punk'd (OKC edition)

soonerbub
5/1/2011, 02:48 PM
Them: 21 ast / 7 TO

Us: 16 ast / 18 TO

Improve or get swept let's go **** **** ***

silverwheels
5/1/2011, 02:51 PM
Memphis is just a bad matchup for the Thunder.

soonerbub
5/1/2011, 02:54 PM
Abso****inglutely Gasol is a beast & Tony the aggie hassles KD enough to rattle him

that was our wake up call better answer it Tuesday night!!!

Sooner98
5/1/2011, 02:59 PM
Thunder had better come more ready to play Tuesday, or this will be a sweep.

oumartin
5/1/2011, 04:41 PM
I have yet to understand the local medias desire to play memphis for the home court advantage(which is gone after one game)

S.A would have tired legs and OKC coulda put them away in 5 games. Memphis is terrible matchup for OKC

yarddawg
5/1/2011, 04:54 PM
I'm new here but I'm looking forward to Tuesdays Game.

Kevin Durant, Serge Ibaka and Kendrick Perkins (Practicing Catholic) are wonderful players and great examples for our kids.

I sure hope they can beat Memphis and go on to win an NBA Title.

God Bless The Thunder !

SOONER44EVER
5/1/2011, 05:01 PM
I'm new here but I'm looking forward to Tuesdays Game.

Kevin Duncan, Serge Ibaka and Kendrick Perkins (Practicing Catholic) are wonderful players and great examples for our kids.

I sure hope they can beat Memphis and go on to win an NBA Title.

God Bless The Thunder !

Kendrick Perkins played today? Oh yeah.........he was the one getting owned in the paint all day. Oh well, at least he can shoot, pass rebound and hit free throws.........wait, nevermind.

sooner59
5/1/2011, 05:42 PM
WTF is Kevin Duncan?

Eielson
5/1/2011, 06:33 PM
WTF is Kevin Duncan?

The greatest power forward of all-time.

yarddawg
5/1/2011, 06:40 PM
I saw Kevin thank God for his abilities the other night when they were interviewing him. I like guys like that.

Durant. Sorry.

yarddawg
5/1/2011, 07:10 PM
Our Preacher today used all three of them as good examples of Oklahoma Sports Stars that kids could look up to. I didn't mean to get any of you upset. I am really looking forward to watching the next games with my kids.

GO THUNDER !

Partial Qualifier
5/1/2011, 09:45 PM
You're ****ing-a right, "Go Thunder". :D

Westbrook needs to pull his head out of his ***! He's been all goofed up since late in the 3rd game of the Denver series. And Perkins got abused left and right. Both those guys better come to play or the Thunder's toast. What silverwheels said.

jumperstop
5/2/2011, 10:46 AM
Terrible off the boards, need to be able to get that ball in when it's a foot away. Block out someone please! We got owned in the paint all night. Sloppy passing, lack of intensity on defense. Basically a total team failure. Even with Perk nothing changed from our regular season games with them, still getting owned in the paint. He really needs to step it up this series. We'll also need Harden to take and make more shots than he did. I expect him to have a much better Game 2 just like in the first series.

Before the game during warmups I had a feeling the game was going to be like it was, Memphis came out motivated hitting their warmups, while our guys weren't hitting their shots. We are now 7-10 on Sunday and I think 0-4 on Abc on Sunday....:(

If we focus and play to our capabilities as a team, with everyone fulfilling their role I think we can still win in six.

Soonerlife07
5/2/2011, 02:54 PM
Very disappointed with the way we played yesterday. Turnovers and 2nd chance points absolutley killed us! We have nobody to match up with Randolph so he is going to have a huge series. Perkins needs to do a better job on Gasol. We got him to bring intensity on D and help on the boards. He did nothing yesterday. Also somebody on the bench has to step up and give us a decent scoring night off the bench (Harden!!). KD and Ibaka had great games but thats it. Westbrook took too many shots again IMO and tried to do too much in other situations which led to his 7 TO. PASS THE BALL!!!!!!.......with that off my chest I say we bounce back with a W in game 2 and win in 7

jumperstop
5/2/2011, 04:00 PM
Very disappointed with the way we played yesterday. Turnovers and 2nd chance points absolutley killed us! We have nobody to match up with Randolph so he is going to have a huge series. Perkins needs to do a better job on Gasol. We got him to bring intensity on D and help on the boards. He did nothing yesterday. Also somebody on the bench has to step up and give us a decent scoring night off the bench (Harden!!). KD and Ibaka had great games but thats it. Westbrook took too many shots again IMO and tried to do too much in other situations which led to his 7 TO. PASS THE BALL!!!!!!.......with that off my chest I say we bounce back with a W in game 2 and win in 7

I wouldn't blame too much on Russ, he passed the ball but kept getting it passed back to him. Other players....Harden...need to step up and be able to score more. It's hard for Russ when he has the ball passed to him with little time, drive into the big guys or shoot a long jumper?

Quik Sand
5/2/2011, 04:09 PM
While I agree with a lot of what has been said, lets not forget that this team is in its second playoff run and the main contributors are 22, 22, 21, and 21. The fact that this team went from 23, 50, then 55 wins is amazing. Our team has already won a playoff round. Memphis is not your average 8 seed. Just look at them compared to Indiana. I think we win in 7 as some others have said. Our team is in uncharted territory. We have expectations nationally for the first time. I think this is what is going on with Westbrook, he is being scrutinized and watched closely for the first time. I think this will all pay off next year and moving forward.

I know Memphis is an 8 seed, but IF we lose then I think most before the year would say a second round exit was a good year as you need to take steps. The norm is not to go from making the playoffs the first year then NBA finals (or even WCF the next).

Quik Sand
5/2/2011, 04:17 PM
Ill add that priority one should be doubling Randolph and getting the ball out of his hands. We will not win this series with both inside guys going off, but we def can if only one has a big game.

Our team loves to get out on the break, but you cannot do that unless you get the board. I think for this series that we need all 5 guys committed to securing the board instead of 3 of them leaking out on the break. Get the board and secure the possession.

silverwheels
5/2/2011, 05:53 PM
The problem with doubling Randolph is that Gasol can hit mid-range jumpers.

Quik Sand
5/2/2011, 06:16 PM
You are right....but we cant have BOTH guys light us up.

silverwheels
5/2/2011, 06:22 PM
You are right....but we cant have BOTH guys light us up.

True, they're not going to always be hitting shots at the rate they were yesterday, but still, it's going to take a lot of improvement and a hell of an effort to beat them 4 times.

starclassic tama
5/3/2011, 04:04 PM
big game tonight. thunder up

silverwheels
5/3/2011, 09:51 PM
Excellent defensive turnaround from Game 1. Gotta keep it up, though. Hopefully foul trouble doesn't do us in.

StoopTroup
5/3/2011, 10:29 PM
I've had the game on but had to try and calm a noob down. I'm ready to start getting into it now hopefully.

silverwheels
5/3/2011, 10:58 PM
Eric Maynor is cold-blooded.

silverwheels
5/3/2011, 11:03 PM
Somehow KD got one of those blue Thunder shirts that Cox gave to the fans for the game. Fantastic.

StoopTroup
5/3/2011, 11:27 PM
Nice win.

1-1 series

silverwheels
5/3/2011, 11:29 PM
Yep. Really needed that one. The question is whether or not we can steal one in Memphis...

sooner59
5/3/2011, 11:33 PM
I think we can steal one out of three in Memphis. I think this will go 7 games.

CrimsonRez
5/4/2011, 12:23 AM
they need to stop bs'ing even if they're up 20...that is some kelvin sampson OU basketball right there.

soonerbub
5/4/2011, 08:11 AM
Nice job fellas!!! 3 1/2 qtrs of intensity was enough.

Get some rest and get em on Saturday!!!

oumartin
5/4/2011, 10:06 AM
To me that's a terrible way to win a game. Up huge midway through the quarter and then almost give it up. Not only did Memphis whip them at home in game one but that had to leave a bad taste in the players mouth. Wondering if they even deserved to win game two.

It felt like a loss after giving that lead up. Obviously it's not and hopefully they can go get one of the next two in memphis.

Way to step up Harden and Maynor!!!

Oh, and let Collison start and guard Randolph. He gave him the business all night.

Partial Qualifier
5/6/2011, 07:17 PM
'terrible', martin? Cmon it wasnt that bad! Most every team in the league goes on a run in a blowout situation like that. I didn't like it either but they *did* lock it back down fairly easily. they'll learn from it.

I was just so giddy about seeing that we really can adjust our defense to fit this Grizzlies team, I didn't even give it a second thought.

Oh, and let Collison start and guard Randolph. He gave him the business all night.

:D

Sooner_Tuf
5/10/2011, 07:07 AM
It's 2-2 after a huge triple OT win in Memphis. Way to go Thunder!