PDA

View Full Version : R.W. McQuarters Shot In The Back

adoniijahsooner
5/1/2011, 12:53 PM
ULSA, Oklahoma -- Oklahoma football great R.W. McQuarters was shot in the back Saturday afternoon in Tulsa, according to the Tulsa Police Department.

The former New York Giants cornerback was leaving a friend's house in the 1200 block of North Boston. When he got to his car, a man was standing by the vehicle.

As McQuarters started to drive away, the unidentified man fired three rounds. Police say McQuarters was struck once in the upper back.

No arrests have been made, police say.

R.W. McQuarters is a graduate of Tulsa's Booker T. Washington and Oklahoma State University. He earned a Super Bowl ring in 2008 while playing for the Giants.

His condition is not known at this time.

http://www.newson6.com/story/14549539/oklahoma-football-great-rw-mcquarters-injured-in-shooting

FirstAndGoalOU
5/1/2011, 01:26 PM
I wish the best for R.W., and his family.
Just some high lights.
cu9JS-jkTFo

picasso
5/1/2011, 01:27 PM
Damn, terrible. Didn't you say you're a BTW grad? My wife is a '94 grad.

adoniijahsooner
5/1/2011, 01:42 PM
Damn, terrible. Didn't you say you're a BTW grad? My wife is a '94 grad.

Went there in 93 and 94.... graduated from Rogers though. I just heard from some friends on Facebook, that he will be fine. Just got hit in the shoulder they say.

adoniijahsooner
5/1/2011, 01:51 PM
One thing I never understood about people who achieve success...is why you hang out in an environment that is potentially dangerous? Have your friends come to you, do not go messing around in the hood, where hate and jealousy is as natural as breathing.

picasso
5/1/2011, 01:54 PM
So they think he was the intended target? Crazy world.

adoniijahsooner
5/1/2011, 01:59 PM
I'm not sure. The way the story reads, you would think so.

soonerchk
5/1/2011, 02:00 PM
Good Mod, I hope he's okay. I swear, Tulsa is turning into Detroit.

Memtig14
5/1/2011, 02:39 PM

At least everything north of 240.

Sad

olevetonahill
5/1/2011, 03:26 PM
Ill say a Prayer fer him

Thinblueline
5/1/2011, 04:34 PM
He was reportedly leaving the home of Demond Parker and had words with a guy leaning on his ride.

FirstAndGoalOU
5/1/2011, 04:54 PM
Thinblueline.. Where is link ? Back it up.
word on the street! come on', 1 post?

I miss De'mond,
oc_TAY44IWg

adoniijahsooner
5/1/2011, 04:59 PM
Thinblueline.. Where is link ?

I miss De'mond, If they were friends, I can see it.
oc_TAY44IWg

DeMond and R.W. were best of friends in high school. We all hung out a lot until I had to transfer to Rogers because of grades. I talked to DP when he was at Green Bay, and me and his brother correspond often on Facebook. We still hold the state meet record for the 4X100; ran a 41.21. Whatever the case, a hater decided to squeeze on him. Tulsa is infested with haters and ill wishers.

FirstAndGoalOU
5/1/2011, 05:13 PM
[Tulsa is infested with haters and ill wishers.]

If this is truly the case,Thank you for helping figure things out, Now I would recommend that you and thinblueline offer up any information you may know at this time....NOT TO US, but to Tulsa P.D., step up. Help Tulsa Clean up this ongoing mess,
It has to start with someone, Proud of you.
link..http://www.tulsapolice.org/

usaosooner
5/1/2011, 05:22 PM
Hope he recovers fully

VA Sooner
5/1/2011, 05:25 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

SoonerBread
5/1/2011, 05:27 PM
Ts & Ps

picasso
5/1/2011, 05:49 PM
I used to see Demond at the Siegfried Health Center. He's a good dude.

adoniijahsooner
5/1/2011, 08:22 PM
I used to see Demond at the Siegfried Health Center. He's a good dude.

Speak of the devil...I just friended Parker on Facebook thirty minutes ago. Demond and his brother use to give me rides to west tulsa after football practice. Never asked for anything in return. Good guys.

adoniijahsooner
5/1/2011, 08:25 PM
[Tulsa is infested with haters and ill wishers.]

If this is truly the case,Thank you for helping figure things out, Now I would recommend that you and thinblueline offer up any information you may know at this time....NOT TO US, but to Tulsa P.D., step up. Help Tulsa Clean up this ongoing mess,
It has to start with someone, Proud of you.
link..http://www.tulsapolice.org/

I dont know anything. Never stated I did. I live Texas now, but I see that Tulsa is one of the most dangerous cities in America, and most of this goes down in N. Tulsa.

Memtig14
5/1/2011, 08:33 PM
That is a lot of highlights, he must have been involved in every one we had.....

.....cause there weren't many.

Best wishes for RW.

Dio
5/1/2011, 09:28 PM

I blame the WNBA

Prayers for a speedy recovery for RW

FirstAndGoalOU
5/1/2011, 09:30 PM
I dont know anything. Never stated I did. I live Texas now, but I see that Tulsa is one of the most dangerous cities in America, and most of this goes down in N. Tulsa.
adoniijahsooner, My previous advise, is the same thing I would of told my son in any similar situation, No one is assuming or insinuating any thing.
North Tulsa, by all reports has become very dangerous. Thank you for your memories and updates.

Sooner_Tuf
5/1/2011, 10:11 PM
I heard USA Today has story that says RW drove himself to the hospital and wasn't injured badly. I haven't looked it up myself but I hope that is true.

Godspeed to RW.

Both Tulsa and OKC seem to be turning into shooting galleries from the news I see and hear. It's too bad they are both great places. Those of you that live there need to do something about it.

Mad Dog Madsen
5/2/2011, 09:09 AM
:(