PDA

View Full Version : Tuscaloosa - before & after

Whet
4/30/2011, 10:48 PM
Interesting view of the destruction. This same process was applied to the Japanese tsunami.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-southern-tornadoes-slider,0,4336315.htmlstory

SoonerBread
4/30/2011, 10:59 PM
Just...wow.

sooner59
4/30/2011, 11:14 PM
Those two areas don't even look the same. Like they literally do not look like they could even be a before and after pic. Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong...

Blue
4/30/2011, 11:15 PM
Not good. It's been pretty crazy around here. I still don't have power. Im at a hotel after staying at a buddies for a couple days. On my way to the beach.

I wont complain about power though after seeing that. Damn shame.

Frozen Sooner
4/30/2011, 11:15 PM
I've taken a few pictures the last few days. I may share them at some point. Lots of friends had their homes destroyed, some of them no more than two weeks before they were supposed to graduate and start their new lives somewhere across the country.

It's been very uplifting, though, to see the people of this community come together the way they have. I know that there's been a constant stream of volunteers in and out of the law school going into neighborhoods and helping people get their possessions out, chainsawing trees off of homes, distributing food, water, and other staples. People are flooding in from all over the country to help, in fact. They've got power restored to something like 80% of the people who were out already. Just amazing how the recovery effort is going.

Anyhow, anyone who doesn't want to donate to Red Cross or Salvation Army (which I don't understand, but to each his own), the student bar association has set up a disaster relief fund. The money is being used to house law students who have been rendered homeless first, then will be distributed into the general UA relief fund. At least this is how I understand it.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7PMDWKD3SQYUE

ouwasp
4/30/2011, 11:33 PM
That's mind-numbing

picasso
5/1/2011, 12:27 AM
God bless you guys.

OUstud
5/1/2011, 01:13 AM
Those two areas don't even look the same. Like they literally do not look like they could even be a before and after pic. Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong...

I thought the same thing at first, but did you see the scroll feature? As in, you drag the bar across the photo to see full before/full after? Just awful. :(

sooner59
5/1/2011, 03:15 AM
I thought the same thing at first, but did you see the scroll feature? As in, you drag the bar across the photo to see full before/full after? Just awful. :(

Oh, ok. I see now. That is crazy. I wasn't denying it, just not understanding it. But that scroll feature is insane.

OU-HSV
5/1/2011, 10:43 AM
Oh, ok. I see now. That is crazy. I wasn't denying it, just not understanding it. But that scroll feature is insane.

I thought the same until I read OUStud's post.

TUSooner
5/1/2011, 11:35 AM
Oh dear.

AlboSooner
5/1/2011, 01:27 PM
thanks for the link

1890MilesToNorman
5/1/2011, 02:33 PM
Sum beetch, utter destruction. Like God took a swipe with an SOS pad. Prayers for Bama!

Sooner_Tuf
5/1/2011, 04:04 PM
That is terrible. I know I will do what I can to help.

yarddawg
5/1/2011, 05:14 PM
God Bless You folks down there.