PDA

View Full Version : Beal?

AZSOONER
4/30/2011, 11:29 AM
I'm suprised he hasn't been drafted yet. Is he projected to go anytime soon?

stoops the eternal pimp
4/30/2011, 12:00 PM
He could go anytime really...His horrible workouts, though not unexpected, and the fact he is a guy without a true NFL position count against him

pappy
4/30/2011, 12:20 PM
the pats have the 7th pick in the 5th and I'm hoping they take him.

okiewaker
4/30/2011, 01:43 PM
Im glad you started this thread because I thought I missed something. I thought he was already taken but could not find where, as I have not been watching this draft too intensely. Man, somebody is gonna get a good player on the cheap.

Soonerfan88
4/30/2011, 02:09 PM
the pats have the 7th pick in the 5th and I'm hoping they take him.

Thought he had a chance also but no go on either 5th round pick for the Pats.

goingoneight
4/30/2011, 02:21 PM
Sometimes these things happen. Great college players, never really have an injury problem, and for some reason the draft just doesn't take them.
I know one in particular that surprised me was Adarius Bowman from OSU. I know he had a little problem with the ganja, but that's no worse than some of sCam Newton's antics. And plenty of former whorns for that matter. Chris Brown surprised some of us, too that he didn't go onto the NFL.

Okie35
4/30/2011, 02:39 PM
Sometimes these things happen. Great college players, never really have an injury problem, and for some reason the draft just doesn't take them.
I know one in particular that surprised me was Adarius Bowman from OSU. I know he had a little problem with the ganja, but that's no worse than some of sCam Newton's antics. And plenty of former whorns for that matter. Chris Brown surprised some of us, too that he didn't go onto the NFL.

Yea Brown was surprising. I think Beal will be drafted to a good team. It'll work out for him.

mightysooner
4/30/2011, 02:48 PM
Wow he's really fallen.

Okie35
4/30/2011, 04:13 PM
Yea he has I thought he'd be gone by now. I guess since he's not technically a set position in the NFL and undersized teams are passing on him.

sooner94
4/30/2011, 04:24 PM
I think if a team gives him a shot as a DE in a 4-3, they will like what they see. I think he's "only" 6-2, which is a little on the short side for DE.

But I can see him having success if he gets a chance.

LRoss
4/30/2011, 04:29 PM
I understand the knocks against him and how teams wouldn't want to take him in the first couple rounds. But it seems to me that he was always really good at tackling the man with the ball, and I would think that somebody would find that worthwhile. Just watched "my" team pass him up at 207. I can't imagine that there are 207 players being taken that have better prospects, but of course maybe that's why I'm at home today and not in New York City.

Okie35
4/30/2011, 04:37 PM
I understand the knocks against him and how teams wouldn't want to take him in the first couple rounds. But it seems to me that he was always really good at tackling the man with the ball, and I would think that somebody would find that worthwhile. Just watched "my" team pass him up at 207. I can't imagine that there are 207 players being taken that have better prospects, but of course maybe that's why I'm at home today and not in New York City.

There are a lot of picks this round. I think he'll get drafted. He's an extremely hard worker so he'll make his way on a roster.

OK2U
4/30/2011, 04:42 PM
21 D-end selected so far...no sign of BEAL

Collier11
4/30/2011, 04:53 PM
at this point it is best that he go undrafted

Big D Sooner
4/30/2011, 05:02 PM
He may go to Dallas as an unrestricted free agent. They need OLB in that 3-4 scheme

OK2U
4/30/2011, 06:11 PM
Broncos!

OK2U
4/30/2011, 06:12 PM
7th rd, 247th player selected

OK2U
4/30/2011, 06:13 PM
24 D-ends taken before Beal..

Soonerfan88
4/30/2011, 06:15 PM
Congrats to Jeremy - long wait but hopefully he falls into a good situation.

However, even if he and Carter are playing this fall (or whenever they get back on the field) I still can't pull for that team.

Okie35
4/30/2011, 06:21 PM
Good pick up for the Broncos. Carter and Beal.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/30/2011, 06:33 PM
Good pick up for the Broncos. Carter and Beal.I could like the Bronchos if they have enough Sooners on their team. Hopefully both those guys can make the squad.

sooner KB
4/30/2011, 06:34 PM
Didn't Beal run something like a 5.13 at the combine? How is it shocking that someone that is 6'2 260, runs a 5.13, and had a horrible senior bowl/senior bowl workouts would go in the 7th round? It seems kind of surprising that he would be drafted at all to me.

StoopTroup
4/30/2011, 06:54 PM
Didn't Beal run something like a 5.13 at the combine? How is it shocking that someone that is 6'2 260, runs a 5.13, and had a horrible senior bowl/senior bowl workouts would go in the 7th round? It seems kind of surprising that he would be drafted at all to me.

Could be they see something in him that you don't?

Okie35
4/30/2011, 07:08 PM

yea they are seeing something he doesn't beal has a tremendous work ethic and great technique i believe he'll make the roster.. i'm glad they both went to a defensive coach, John Fox

BoulderSooner79
4/30/2011, 07:08 PM

I figured he'd go this late or even be a free agent pick-up. The guy doesn't have the prototypical build the NFL guys want, but he made plays for us for 4 years. Someone was bound to give him a chance.

OK2U
4/30/2011, 07:52 PM
John Elway on Twitter:

Excited to add Jeremy Beal to our team. He's a playmaker who was one of the most productive defensive ends in the draft.

---
Quinton Carter is a big, strong safety who we had rated very high on our draft board. Happy that he fell to us and is a Bronco.

sooner KB
4/30/2011, 08:29 PM

When did I ever say what I do or don't see in him? Thanks in advance.

VA Sooner
4/30/2011, 08:53 PM
Congrats to Jeremy but what a surprise to have fallen so much.

Congrats to Carter and Nelson as well... and of course our boy, DeMarco, in the third round.

Always_Sooner
4/30/2011, 10:01 PM
I remember Kiper had him with Von Miller at one time. I was watching the Senior Bowl workouts and he was not doing well in one on one drills. Hopefully he gets in and contributes. I remember Venables saying that he is just a pure football player.

pappy
4/30/2011, 10:33 PM
I'm surprised he fell to the 7th round I figured he would drop with the poor combine and senior bowl, but 5th or 6th is what I figured because I thought his production here would get him drafted higher than this...oh well the broncos got a steal in my opinion b/c some guys are gamers like jeremy beal and other guys are combine freaks who don't produce in the nfl like vernon gholston.

Curly Bill
4/30/2011, 11:12 PM
I remember Kiper had him with Von Miller at one time. I was watching the Senior Bowl workouts and he was not doing well in one on one drills. Hopefully he gets in and contributes. I remember Venables saying that he is just a pure football player.

I sure don't rememeber that.

picasso
5/1/2011, 12:25 AM
John Elway on Twitter:

He's no Brandon Weeden.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/1/2011, 01:59 AM
Brandon Weeden's got his tied for 1st Place in the South Division of the Big XII ring to prove it too!!

Always_Sooner
5/1/2011, 07:52 AM
This was at the end of his Junior year deciding if he was coming back or going to stay regarding his top OLB status...

Always_Sooner
5/1/2011, 07:55 AM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=61689

Take on Beal before all his knocks came out.

Okie35
5/1/2011, 08:00 AM
I sure don't rememeber that.

I don't either. He was never the ideal height and didn't have "elite" athletic ability (so scouts said). Before Beal's senior year I think the highest he was rated was late 2nd - 3rd round. I think he'll definitely make the Broncos roster. All players work hard its the NFL but he has what it takes.

ouleaf
5/1/2011, 09:01 AM
Yeah his Senior Bowl week was not great and his combine measurables might have been even worse.....I think that turned a lot of people off of him.

Broncos are switching back to a 4-3 defense this year, so I think that will be a good situation for him. He wasn't going to get drafted as an OLB in a 3-4 scheme with the 40 time he posted. He had a knack for getting to the ball at the college level, lets hope that carries over to the NFL.

OK2U
5/1/2011, 04:35 PM
http://broncotalk.net/2011/04/22338/broncos-blog/jeremy-beal-denver-broncos-draft-quotes/

Oklahoma DE Jeremy Beal addresses the media via conference call following his drafting by the Denver Broncos 247th overall (http://broncotalk.net/2011/04/22289/broncos-news/jeremy-beal-drafted-247th-overall-by-denver-broncos/) in the 2011 NFL Draft.
On his draft day
“Yeah, it was a long day. I just hoped for the opportunity to get drafted and then Denver called me and it was a happy feeling.”

On fitting into a 4-3 defense
“Going into the draft, I knew I could play a variety of positions, defensive end was one of them.”
On prior contact with Broncos
“Not very much contact at all. I knew they wanted me to take a visit and then cancelled at the last second.”
On if he has spoken with former and future teammate Quinton Carter
“I haven’t gotten to talk to Quinton yet. I will talk to him here in a little bit. It would be fun to reunite with him. ”

On where he went in the draft
“I didn’t know where I was going to go. I am just happy that I went. It doesn’t matter where I went I was just happy to get the opportunity.”

On his plans before a labor agreement is reached
I have been working out. I plan on keeping on doing that and then going to minicamp and being the best that I can be and compete for a job.”
On areas he needs to improve at the NFL
“First of all, I think pass rush. It is a step up from the college level and you can always work on your pass rush. Just my overall game and stuff like that.”