PDA

View Full Version : Small Ball and our team

IndySooner
4/29/2011, 11:16 PM
I'm starting to think it's time for Sunny to put away the small ball. I know it's the way the game should be played with the new bats. I know it's the way that SHOULD work to score runs. Our team just doesn't seem to be built for it, though, and I don't think you can force a team to play a style that isn't fitting them.

Texas is a GREAT small ball team. Oklahoma needs big innings, which we kill with sac bunts, etc.

Not saying it would have made a difference tonight. Probably wouldn't have. We're #3 in the country in hitting, though. Let the boys swing the bats and see what happens.

Thoughts?

Gaius_Longinus
4/30/2011, 12:38 AM
we suck ... we cant get it out of our head that we can actually beat them ... until then Auggie is our daddy

bufsa
4/30/2011, 09:23 AM
Everytime we got a rally going SG gave the pictcher a reprieve by having a guy bunt and giving away an out. Then it is all on the next guy he HAS to come through. Why not show our guys you trust them and let them swing away.

Gaius_Longinus
4/30/2011, 09:56 AM
Let It Fly has turned into Let It Bunt

rysooner
4/30/2011, 11:28 AM
Let It Fly has turned into Let It Bunt

Wouldn't look very good on a t-shirt.

soonertravis
4/30/2011, 12:27 PM
I don't disagree. You always need some pop in the lineup, but in the future we need to work more with playing small ball, but there are not many guys who are great at it in this lineup.

IndySooner
4/30/2011, 12:29 PM
I don't disagree. You always need some pop in the lineup, but in the future we need to work more with playing small ball, but there are not many guys who are great at it in this lineup.

I like situational small ball. I HATE early inning small ball, even though it worked today.

Our team is not built for small ball at this time.

IndySooner
5/1/2011, 02:56 PM
How many lead-off hitters have we wasted today because we suck at small ball?

hvhurricane
5/4/2011, 07:42 PM
I really wasn't too concerned about the small ball issue until tonight. We are starting Bruce on the mound, so we are going to have to score some runs, and we start off with small ball. Very frustrating.