PDA

View Full Version : TRRW commercial during the 2002 draft.

agoo758
4/29/2011, 10:33 PM
It was a madden 2003 commercial, I remember it well.

Mr Roy Williams: "In Madden 2003, you can throw at me....... I don't recommend it..... but you can throw at me."
:)

oumartin
4/29/2011, 11:17 PM
someones not enjoying being green

agoo758
4/30/2011, 01:53 AM

?

I figured this is one of my better ones sir. lol

agoo758
4/30/2011, 01:54 AM

You do realize, that Roy WIlliams of Oklahoma is a safety and not a WR, to not throw at him would be a compliment, not an insult. :P

StoopTroup
4/30/2011, 02:15 AM
?

I figured this is one of my better ones sir. lol

That made me lol....

agoo758
4/30/2011, 03:19 AM
Another thread gone wrong. Apparently everyone thought this was an insult to the real Roy Williams, which is obviously wasn't. And OUmartin, sorry for thinking you were a boy, I thought Badger and mama mia were the only girls who visited this site. :P

yermom
4/30/2011, 03:32 AM
someone could take this as a shot against TRRW and the heat he took about his performance in coverage in Dallas

oumartin
4/30/2011, 04:56 AM
Another thread gone wrong. Apparently everyone thought this was an insult to the real Roy Williams, which is obviously wasn't. And OUmartin, sorry for thinking you were a boy, I thought Badger and mama mia were the only girls who visited this site. :P

I for one took it as a jab against his pass coverage in the later years in Dallas.

47straight
4/30/2011, 09:39 PM
Yeah, his pass coverage really sucked that time he made an interception in overtime and ran it in for the touchdown to literally win the game. He really sucked that other time he led the team in interceptions and was 2nd in pass breakups as the strong freaking safety.

OK2U
4/30/2011, 09:49 PM
How many pro bowls has he been to?
He must suck in coverage.

agoo758
5/1/2011, 01:54 AM
I for one took it as a jab against his pass coverage in the later years in Dallas.

Well, then that would make you rather dense. The commercial was obviously shot before he played at Dallas, so how you would perceive this as jab against his pass skills at Dallas baffles me. Also, it amazes me that you would overanalyze a post to the point that you think I meant it in the most negative way possible. Quite the pessimist I say.

85sooners
5/3/2011, 09:56 AM
:gary:

texaspokieokie
5/3/2011, 10:15 AM
Yeah, his pass coverage really sucked that time he made an interception in overtime and ran it in for the touchdown to literally win the game. He really sucked that other time he led the team in interceptions and was 2nd in pass breakups as the strong freaking safety.
Later on, his pass coverage did him in, in dallas.

Parcells once said (to paraphrase) williams is about one bisquit away from being a linebacker.

BetterSoonerThanLater
5/4/2011, 02:17 PM
fro the record, Agoo, i took it that he was stating how good his defense was. and that if you throw it in his direction, it wouldn't be a smart move.

i'm pickin' up what you're throwin' down :)

don't take offense to those who take it negatively. it is the offseason and some of us get a little grouchy with no football to watch. it's nothin personal. i think i't sjust part of the withdrawl process in the offseason! :)

SoonerofAlabama
5/31/2011, 09:22 AM
vdyFiPNT1Gc

EatLeadCommie
5/31/2011, 11:26 AM
Roy had a rule named after him. Couldn't have been that bad.