PDA

View Full Version : The official Texas Meltdown Thread

bcolston15
4/29/2011, 02:23 PM
Let's hope by Sunday afternoon we're laughing at this thread after a series victory...

But, if things don't go our way let's combine all the moaning into one angry, can't see the big picture, only series I saw all year, masterpiece.

Soonerite
4/29/2011, 03:01 PM
Hell yeah, I can't wait to start bitching!!! I might start early. :D

IndySooner
4/29/2011, 03:15 PM
I approve of this thread. This will be the last positive post of the thread!

Soonerite
4/29/2011, 03:22 PM
Dammit Sooners!! Pull your heads out of your asses!!! ****!!!!!

Fugue
4/29/2011, 04:34 PM
not hosting now :mad:

bufsa
4/29/2011, 04:37 PM
I drove all the way from San Antonio to see this????

TumbleweedDoom
4/29/2011, 04:43 PM
I can't believe I wasted hours thinking about this series like I did. Can I get those added back to my life?

bcolston15
4/29/2011, 04:51 PM
I can't believe I wasted hours thinking about this series like I did. Can I get those added back to my life?

Absolutely not. They'll be subtracted double because you actually spent time thinking we had a chance.

IndySooner
4/29/2011, 05:25 PM
I seriously just checked to make sure I had the time right for the game. Thanks a lot, 'Weed.

Keller Sooner
4/29/2011, 05:54 PM
I can't believe Golloway made such a bone-headed move!! :D

IndySooner
4/29/2011, 05:55 PM
Seriously, now. Cody Reine starting? Wow.

C&CDean
4/29/2011, 05:56 PM
Fire Suonney!!!1!!

Soonerite
4/29/2011, 07:34 PM
^^^^
Damn Straight!! :mad: :D

C&CDean
4/29/2011, 07:40 PM
Fire Bushyhead, Buechele, and Ogle!!!1!

Soonerite
4/29/2011, 07:46 PM
Dean knows whats up!!! Fire the whole damn team!!!

StoopTroup
4/29/2011, 07:53 PM
Man up....act like Sooners for God's Sake!

C&CDean
4/29/2011, 08:09 PM
Fire Cochell!!1!

Wait, too late...

BlackwellSooner
4/29/2011, 08:13 PM
Somebody tell me wtf Golloway is thinking? The last 2 or 3 innings, we are trailing by 3+ runs against their ace Jungmann, and Sunny has our batters faking (maybe, maybe not) bunts w bases empty??? I guess that he figures if we can't hit our way on, maybe we can get lucky with a misplayed bunt.

OK, we lost the first game, let's hope for a win in the remaining two, salvage a little bit...

hvhurricane
4/29/2011, 08:14 PM
It amazes me to see our attitude in this series. We don't think we have any chance of winning these games. From the manager on down the lineup, we just don't have any confidence at all. I hope I am wrong, but I think we are going to see two more just like this one. I am tired of it, that is for damned sure.

C&CDean
4/29/2011, 08:17 PM
They must read this board. Nobody here gave them an ice cube's chance.

hvhurricane
4/29/2011, 08:20 PM
They must read this board. Nobody here gave them an ice cube's chance.

We play and manage like we don't belong on the same field with them. There is no reason anyone here should have thought we were going to win the series. At this point, I would be happy if we would just compete.

BlackwellSooner
4/29/2011, 08:20 PM
Was anyone else surprised to see us attempting (or faking) bunts in the late innings with bases empty?

hvhurricane
4/29/2011, 08:23 PM
Was anyone else surprised to see us attempting (or faking) bunts in the late innings with bases empty?

We always do this when we are down to a good pitcher late in the game. It was nothing new. Instead of taking until they get a strike, they do the fake bunt game.

Soonerite
4/29/2011, 08:25 PM
I thought there was a marginal chance we could pull off a close win with some clutch hitting. That's what makes it hurt so much more that we got shut out. But i'm not giving up on the series. We just need to pull our heads out and quit playing scared. Every year I go into this series thinking "this will be the year that we show those godforsaken whorns how good we are", and then...disappointment. We still have the rest of the weekend to turn this around. I just hope the players realize that they are playing mortals and not gods out on the field. I'm already pumped for tomorrow.

hvhurricane
4/29/2011, 08:26 PM
And BTW, this isn't one of Augie's better teams. They are decent. Jungeman is a good pitcher, no doubt, but they are far from being world beaters. They will not make it to Omaha.

FaninAma
4/29/2011, 08:34 PM
Augie owns Sunny.

SOONER STEAKER
4/29/2011, 10:05 PM
SG can always blame it on the bats. I'm getting frustrated with this team. Is SG in control of this team or what? I'm betting we don't score more than 7 runs in the next two games. Any takers?

bufsa
4/29/2011, 10:20 PM
Two coments from sitting watching the game. Rocha did not pitch as bad a game as it looks on paper. Ogle's flyball that was caught in the 9th was in the exact same place that two dropped in for texas. The exact same place the flyball dropped in for TCU. A ball drops in in front of you it is a single. Over your head it is extra bases. I don't think a player should hug the wall but when they are that high you should be able to get to it.

bufsa
4/29/2011, 10:27 PM
It amazes me to see our attitude in this series. We don't think we have any chance of winning these games. From the manager on down the lineup, we just don't have any confidence at all. I hope I am wrong, but I think we are going to see two more just like this one. I am tired of it, that is for damned sure.---Too many Texas boys on the team. They grew up idolizing UT. I mean you can by $4,000 leather coach with the Longhorn symbol on it. Now they have to play against the team their fathers told them are supermen. The teams that beat Texas propably have very few Texas boys.

Sooner95
4/30/2011, 03:44 PM
well **** again..............

SoonerLawyer
4/30/2011, 04:14 PM
Texas players are afraid to lose to OU, because they fear this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jICvEEqOtEg&feature=player_embeddedhttp://

bcolston15
4/30/2011, 04:42 PM
Anyone spelling Sunni's name correctly in this thread is automatically disqualified from participating in the thread any longer.

SOONER STEAKER
4/30/2011, 07:30 PM
---Too many Texas boys on the team. They grew up idolizing UT. I mean you can by $4,000 leather coach with the Longhorn symbol on it. Now they have to play against the team their fathers told them are supermen. The teams that beat Texas propably have very few Texas boys.

Stupid statement, Why doesn't your logic apply to football then. We lose to TX in baseball because they habe better pitchers than we have hitters and Augie is 5X the coach that Sunni is.

Sooner95
4/30/2011, 09:16 PM
At least our girls are taking care of business against them Whorns.. 5-0

bufsa
5/1/2011, 12:32 AM
Why doesn't your logic apply to football then----Uh, maybe because this isn't football? Football your not standing on deck staring at the crowd thinking about what you have to do. As far as the coaching part I don't know. I was behind home plate after the homerun saying pull him now his pitches are coming in flat, pull him before we give up more than one. But SG wasn't the one throwing the ball when our outfielders tried to make impossible throws instead of holding the batter to first.