PDA

View Full Version : Poor AD

sperry
4/29/2011, 08:30 AM
His team spent their top 15 pick on a guy that is a) terrible, and b) they probably could have gotten in the 4th round. Seems like he is doomed to have had one season of good quarterback play for his entire career.

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/29/2011, 08:40 AM
His team spent their top 15 pick on a guy that is a) terrible, and b) they probably could have gotten in the 4th round. Seems like he is doomed to have had one season of good quarterback play for his entire career.

I think you are being a bit too harsh.

Ponder is a REALLY smart guy with a great head on his shoulders. And no....He wouldn't have lasted until the 4th round. I think he will be a very pleasant surprise. I think they could have waited to pick up Andy Dalton in the second round though...

oudavid1
4/29/2011, 09:23 AM
I think you are being a bit too harsh.

Ponder is a REALLY smart guy with a great head on his shoulders. And no....He wouldn't have lasted until the 4th round. I think he will be a very pleasant surprise. I think they could have waited to pick up Andy Dalton in the second round though...

he was 11/28 for 118 yards and 2 picks vs OU.

And our defense was not that good.

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/29/2011, 09:28 AM

Norman is also a death trap

oudavid1
4/29/2011, 09:31 AM
Norman is also a death trap

but so many QBs have preformed better than that and they didnt go 12. It was too much coin for a backup.

Sam Bradford is the only QB to consistently win in Norman.

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/29/2011, 09:35 AM
He won't be a backup, sorry.

This is speculation on everyone's part, but they are shelling out the money and Brett Favre is retired, T Jackson sucks big time, John David Booty is probably working for BP now...So it looks like Ponder will most likely start from day 1

sooner518
4/29/2011, 09:41 AM
seems like they kind panicked when 3 QBs got taken in the top 10. 12 seems like a bigtime reach for Ponder. but good for him. maybe hes better than what he showed in Norman last year

oudavid1
4/29/2011, 09:43 AM
He won't be a backup, sorry.

This is speculation on everyone's part, but they are shelling out the money and Brett Favre is retired, T Jackson sucks big time, John David Booty is probably working for BP now...So it looks like Ponder will most likely start from day 1

i meant he eventually will.

Matt Lienhart was superior to him and he is a backup now.

85sooners
4/29/2011, 09:44 AM
Ponder= rookie of the year

badger
4/29/2011, 09:49 AM
I could see them taking QB's in later rounds then opening up the competition in the camps to see who works out best with their roster. The Packers took Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn before they decided on Aaron Rodgers as their Favre successor to see who would work best, and:

1- Brohm, a one-time sure-fire first rounder, fell to the second by staying a year at Louisville under Kraggy, and then never panned out in the NFL
2- Flynn (seventh rounder!) showed extreme potential when replacing Rodgers against a road game vs. the Patriots late last season, and
3- Rodgers, who fell into the Packers' lap in the first round when everyone passed on him after the 49ers took Alex Smith and the Jags took Arky's head case, is now one of the greatest QB's in the NFL.

So, as much as I would love to watch Vikey suck, don't write off AD's chances for a good QB yet.

And to think, a few short years ago people thought that GB's quarterback situation was dysfunctional (view here (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallina/080815) for a trip down memory lane)

NormanPride
4/29/2011, 10:06 AM
No matter what, picking him at 12 was laughable. Vikes panicked.

04, where are you? You crying in your beer? :D

King Crimson
4/29/2011, 10:12 AM
Ponder didn't really impress me. he had a nice career in the ACC, I guess. he's got size. slow throwing motion. I never thought Gabbert was so great either....he beat us....but the kid from Cincy looked like a Heisman player too. and Cincy isn't even bowl eligible last year. i saw Gabbert in person in Boulder, and i was calling the plays mostly. they have matchups with big WR, CB is lined up outside, safeties are small, and you say out loud to yourself this is the "post" route here....and bing bang...that's a TD. i could make that throw.

to be honest, throwing the ball against us has always been too easy. there are some guys we can't defend....from Testaverde to Gabbert. part of our DNA i guess.

sperry
4/29/2011, 10:19 AM
I could see them taking QB's in later rounds then opening up the competition in the camps to see who works out best with their roster. The Packers took Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn before they decided on Aaron Rodgers as their Favre successor to see who would work best, and:

1- Brohm, a one-time sure-fire first rounder, fell to the second by staying a year at Louisville under Kraggy, and then never panned out in the NFL
2- Flynn (seventh rounder!) showed extreme potential when replacing Rodgers against a road game vs. the Patriots late last season, and
3- Rodgers, who fell into the Packers' lap in the first round when everyone passed on him after the 49ers took Alex Smith and the Jags took Arky's head case, is now one of the greatest QB's in the NFL.

So, as much as I would love to watch Vikey suck, don't write off AD's chances for a good QB yet.

And to think, a few short years ago people thought that GB's quarterback situation was dysfunctional (view here (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallina/080815) for a trip down memory lane)

They aren't drafting any more QBs, except maybe a throwaway in the 7th round. The Vikings administration is pot committed to Dalton now. You draft a guy at 12, you are saying he's the future. Having to admit you were wrong about the guy will result in the GM getting fired, and he obviously doesn't want that.

If they had just waited until the 2nd round to draft Ponder, which they could have done, they would have a) a legitimate 1st rounder, and b) they wouldn't be committing tens of millions of dollars to Christian Freaking Ponder.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/29/2011, 10:37 AM

Not sure what this has to do with anything...

badger
4/29/2011, 10:44 AM
They aren't drafting any more QBs, except maybe a throwaway in the 7th round.

You're probably right, but I could see them getting some free agent QB's or rookie undraftees.

What they really need to do is try to get the Packers to trade them Matt Flynn... but my asking price is Adrian Peterson. Hmmm.... quarterback that doesn't suck for the best running back in the league. Fair trade! :D

oudavid1
4/29/2011, 11:03 AM
Not sure what this has to do with anything...

Let me put it to ya this way, DeAndre Borel(Utah State) out played Ponder vs Oklahoma on a week earlier.

Taxman71
4/29/2011, 11:05 AM
The real battle in Vikings camp will be which West Dallas QB wins the starting spot, Ponder or Bomar?

badger
4/29/2011, 11:13 AM
The real battle in Vikings camp will be which West Dallas QB wins the starting spot, Ponder or Bomar?

Oh crap, I forgot that they just signed Bomar from the Giants practice squad late last season. :D

Any desire to boo Washington's Taj Bomar when they visit Norman has left me, so whatever. Not gonna hope that Clay Matthews sacks him 20 times repeatedly while the refs try to find more yellow flags to toss while Packer fans have devilish smiles over the whole affair.

But... I don't think Bomar is their quarterback answer. He panicked waaaaaay too much when the G-men backup job was up for grabs. Performed terribly, and was relegated to the practice squad again.

The clock is ticking on his NFL aspirations though. He only has one more year of practice squad eligibility if he doesn't make a team this year.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/29/2011, 11:14 AM
Let me put it to ya this way, DeAndre Borel(Utah State) out played Ponder vs Oklahoma on a week earlier.

Once again, these numbers don't mean anything to the NFL...I'm not a Ponder guy and it was a big reach, but that only stuff only matters to fans..

Plus, I would be willing to wager the OU D approached the Florida State game a little different than they did the Utah State game.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/29/2011, 11:16 AM

i can think of at least 1 all pro QB who had a similar stat line against a horrible OU defense.

oudavid1
4/29/2011, 11:23 AM
Once again, these numbers don't mean anything to the NFL...I'm not a Ponder guy and it was a big reach, but that only stuff only matters to fans..

Plus, I would be willing to wager the OU D approached the Florida State game a little different than they did the Utah State game.

i would agree, my point to was that it was a reach.

But to say stats dont matter, than why did Cam Newton get picked first.

Stats always matter. Its just how you use them.

Ponder is not Andrew Luck or Blaine Gabbert. He is not even Jake Locker or Andy Dalton.

And a lot of people agree with me on that. (except Dalton, but i think he is better)

stoops the eternal pimp
4/29/2011, 11:29 AM
i would agree, my point to was that it was a reach.

But to say stats dont matter, than why did Cam Newton get picked first.

Stats always matter. Its just how you use them.

Ponder is not Andrew Luck or Blaine Gabbert. He is not even Jake Locker or Andy Dalton.

And a lot of people agree with me on that. (except Dalton, but i think he is better)

If stats always matter, then why is there not a texas tech QB in the league?

stoops the eternal pimp
4/29/2011, 11:32 AM
I'll tell you why Cam Newton was drafted 1st..he's 6'6, 250lbs, has good feet, and from the Panthers view, a ton of upside

oudavid1
4/29/2011, 11:37 AM
If stats always matter, then why is there not a texas tech QB in the league?

I'll tell you why Cam Newton was drafted 1st..he's 6'6, 250lbs, has good feet, and from the Panthers view, a ton of upside

because when they played good teams they didnt preform that well. 65-21. And because I honestly believe Mike Leach made every QB he had better than any other coach could. Cam's size it what made him so wanted. And he will sell untell he fails unlike a guy like Gabbert who well only sell if he wins. Its great to win the Heisman and go undefeated even if you are mediocre. This whole process cant be explained. It usually dosnt make sense. And no one is right until a long way down the road.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/29/2011, 11:43 AM
because when they played good teams they didnt preform that well. 65-21. And because I honestly believe Mike Leach made every QB he had better than any other coach could. Cam's size it what made him so wanted. And he will sell untell he fails unlike a guy like Gabbert who well only sell if he wins. Its great to win the Heisman and go undefeated even if you are mediocre. This whole process cant be explained. It usually dosnt make sense. And no one is right until a long way down the road.

Mmm..Wow..This statement is hilarious...How about 474 yards passing and 2 TDs against Texas that same year?

Where would you draft a quarterback who threw 31 TDs and 19 INts in his last season, completed in the 50 percent range of his passes and finished 52nd in passing efficiency?

Caboose
4/29/2011, 12:05 PM

Um What? Pretty much every starting QB we have ever had has consistently won in Norman. Sometimes you say some pretty goofy things.

the-rover
4/29/2011, 12:08 PM

So is Vince Young

stoops the eternal pimp
4/29/2011, 12:09 PM
Not talking about how good he will be...Talking about why they drafted him high...same reason Young was drafted high

BoulderSooner79
4/29/2011, 12:18 PM
People seem to forget that VY was NFL rookie of the year in '06. His lack of long term success had many factors and not all due to Vince Young. I wouldn't be shocked if he made a comeback and had a couple of good years somewhere.

On the Ponder subject, I have to admire the Vikes GM for going with his gut and taking a player he believes in spite of what others think. But I have to agree with the "others" in this case. Ponder never impressed me and that has nothing to do with the one game in Norman.

badger
4/29/2011, 12:46 PM
People seem to forget that VY was NFL rookie of the year in '06. His lack of long term success had many factors and not all due to Vince Young. I wouldn't be shocked if he made a comeback and had a couple of good years somewhere.

I hope the same doesn't happen to our Sammie... but let's face it --- Sam's smarter and doesn't fumble mcscramble to get his yards.

Sooner74
4/29/2011, 01:01 PM
Seriously, the kid is going to be good in the league. A lot better than people think. Ponder had rotating wideouts every year at FSU and chemistry took a hit. FSU did have a young line for a couple of years too. I think Ponder is going to knock peoples socks off in the league.

badger
4/29/2011, 01:37 PM
Um What? Pretty much every starting QB we have ever had has consistently won in Norman. Sometimes you say some pretty goofy things.

Sammie never lost in Norman, unlike

Bomar and Paul Thompson (2005 to TCU)

Nate Hybl (2001 OSU)

That's why Sam won the Heisman, you know. "Never lost in Norman" is a prerequisite. Jason White says hi.

LJ just might pull this Heisman thing off. :D

soonercoop1
4/29/2011, 03:04 PM
They have a history of very bad QB drafts...

colinreturn
4/29/2011, 03:13 PM

that has nothing to do with anything. why don't you pull up one game stats of the best qb's in NFL history? im sure there are plenty terrible games.

oudavid1
4/29/2011, 03:16 PM
Mmm..Wow..This statement is hilarious...How about 474 yards passing and 2 TDs against Texas that same year?

Where would you draft a quarterback who threw 31 TDs and 19 INts in his last season, completed in the 50 percent range of his passes and finished 52nd in passing efficiency?

Now your acting like I said Borel was better. No, he played better. And did you really just refer to a 5-7 team as good? Lol that's actually hilarious

Anyway, Ponder is not a 12th pick. That's what my point is. Do you think I would call it a bad move in the 5th round?

Lol I was making a joke and I thought you guys would catch that I was comparing Bradford to a QB that was on the visiting team. Like when someone says to me "OU is so good, no one ever wins in Norman"
And then i reply, well the Sooners are pretty good there.

They have a history of very bad QB drafts...

My point exactly

stoops the eternal pimp
4/29/2011, 03:24 PM
Now your acting like I said Borel was better. No, he played better. And did you really just refer to a 5-7 team as good? Lol that's actually hilarious

2008 to 2008 comparison..you brought up 65-21 on the texas tech quarterback saying they didn't play well in big games..I used a 2008 reference..remember the texas team that beat oklahoma that year? thats the kind of comparisons I do..not 2008 to 2010

tfoolry
4/29/2011, 04:11 PM
Some are saying this '11 Aggy team is the best offense ever. They must have a helluva qb?

StoopTroup
4/29/2011, 05:27 PM
Ponder= rookie of the year

In Europe.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/29/2011, 06:00 PM
The truth is QB drafting is a crap shoot, with about the same odds. 50% of high QB drafts picks don't pan out. But predicting who pans out and who doesn't is almost a toss of the dice.

CrimsonRez
4/29/2011, 06:22 PM
Tom Brady would like to chime in to say "**** your first round draft picks"

EatLeadCommie
4/29/2011, 06:34 PM
Vikes picked up a TE in the 2nd round

Mjcpr
4/29/2011, 07:22 PM
Vikes picked up a TE in the 2nd round

Rams too.

StoopTroup
4/29/2011, 07:31 PM
"Sam Bradford and AD would chime in and say....**** you and your injury prone BS!".....

sperry
4/29/2011, 08:04 PM
The truth is QB drafting is a crap shoot, with about the same odds. 50% of high QB drafts picks don't pan out. But predicting who pans out and who doesn't is almost a toss of the dice.

Yeah, but when you miss on a third rounder, you don't have 8 figures in guaranteed money tied up in them.

oudavid1
4/29/2011, 08:50 PM
2008 to 2008 comparison..you brought up 65-21 on the texas tech quarterback saying they didn't play well in big games..I used a 2008 reference..remember the texas team that beat oklahoma that year? thats the kind of comparisons I do..not 2008 to 2010

How am i supposed to know what year you are talking about?

And yes, Graham had a better game (at home) against Texas, but if Ponder cant win on the road in College, how is he going to do it in the NFL?

My point is that it was a bad move to take him at 12.

stoopified
4/29/2011, 09:06 PM
Well Ponder has to be better than Tavaris.........doesn't he?

oudavid1
4/29/2011, 09:11 PM
Well Ponder has to be better than Tavaris.........doesn't he?

I never thought Travaris was that bad. I mean he is kinda young.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/29/2011, 09:39 PM
How am i supposed to know what year you are talking about?

And yes, Graham had a better game (at home) against Texas, but if Ponder cant win on the road in College, how is he going to do it in the NFL?

My point is that it was a bad move to take him at 12.

because you referenced a 2008 game and said texas tech quarterbacks didn't play well in big games..I showed you a game from the same year showing you are wrong...why would i pick a different year?

alright its time to move on..

oudavid1
4/29/2011, 09:43 PM
because you referenced a 2008 game and said texas tech quarterbacks didn't play well in big games..I showed you a game from the same year showing you are wrong...why would i pick a different year?

alright its time to move on..

fine. I did a really bad job arguing for my point.

Dang.

Boarder
4/29/2011, 09:43 PM
Good lord, I'd hate to see what you considered to be bad.

oudavid1
4/29/2011, 09:44 PM
Good lord, I'd hate to see what you considered to be bad.

alright maybe i should go back and look.

soonerinabilene
4/29/2011, 09:55 PM
but if Ponder cant win on the road in College, how is he going to do it in the nfl?

uh, sam wasnt stellar on the road, and ken dorsey was almost perfect on the road... dont think that means anything in the nfl.

StoopTroup
4/29/2011, 09:56 PM
It's OK David.

I'll still Twitter you baby....

StoopTroup
4/29/2011, 10:00 PM
Ponder is getting a really good shot at making it to the big time even though I think he'll blow it up.

I wish him luck though.

Maybe he learned something from all that pre-season hype he got before we destroyed him in Norman. Jimbo might have been able to bring him back to earth. I think a 2nd round might have been more in order just so he realizes he's not getting Superstar Treatment and expected to be the next Tom Brady.

If he makes it...I'll be glad to give him praise.

BoulderSooner79
4/30/2011, 12:32 AM
With a #12 contract and not a lot of experience at QB on the team, Ponder will get more than a fair shot to make it. He needs the Vikes to get Sidney Rice back on contract big time.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/30/2011, 12:48 AM
I could see Ponder as another Gus Frerotte

oudavid1
4/30/2011, 01:48 AM
uh, sam wasnt stellar on the road, and ken dorsey was almost perfect on the road... dont think that means anything in the nfl.

Sam lost 1 true road game in his entire career, by 3 to Colorado on the last play. Every other loss was a neutral site game or a game he got knocked out of in the first half.

It's OK David.

I'll still Twitter you baby....

:D

Eielson
4/30/2011, 11:26 AM

What? If I'm not mistaken, Jason White, Josh Heupel, Landry Jones, and even Rhett Bomar all were undefeated in Norman. Hybl and Thompson were the only to lose, and they only did so once...so I'd say they won pretty consistently.

Eielson
4/30/2011, 11:33 AM
What? If I'm not mistaken, Jason White, Josh Heupel, Landry Jones, and even Rhett Bomar all were undefeated in Norman. Hybl and Thompson were the only to lose, and they only did so once...so I'd say they won pretty consistently.

I see this has already been addressed. Whoops.

David vs. Step on the NFL draft is hilarious. Not quite as fun to read as Jlew/Collier vs. Skull in basketball, but the knowledge gap is even bigger. Please excuse me while I show Kruger what kind of offense to run.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/30/2011, 12:05 PM
Rams having a nice draft man

SanJoaquinSooner
4/30/2011, 12:48 PM
The Vikings could attempt to sign a veteran free agent to play in front of Ponder for a season, but there also is the chance he will step in as the team's starter. New Head Coach Frazier said Ponder will be competing with Joe Webb and Rhett Bomar for the job, but that's a bit hard to believe.

"I want it to still be an open competition with the guys that are on our roster," Frazier said. "It will be those three. What happens with free agency? Who knows? We'll eventually get to that point. But right now it's a competition between those three and we'll line up with the best guy when we get ready to line up against the Chargers [on Sept. 11 in the regular-season opener].".

okiewaker
4/30/2011, 01:51 PM

I think Tavaris is similiar to Quincy Carter. Just me. Not great but serviceable.

goingoneight
4/30/2011, 01:53 PM

Brandon Banks also out-performed Dez Bryant and Justin Blackmon in Norman, too.

Need I remind you that Landry jones looked horrbile against Utah State, and a week later was the National Player of the week.

As stated above, one game's stats are irrelevant. Ponder is a good pro prospect provided he can stay healthy.

Boarder
4/30/2011, 06:38 PM
I think Tavaris is similiar to Quincy Carter. Just me. Not great but serviceable.
He's exactly like Quincy Carter. That's spot on, except that QC was not serviceable, he made a couple of nice plays and the other 98% were insanely bad.

starclassic tama
4/30/2011, 07:02 PM
Rams having a nice draft man

i love the robert quinn pick, seems they are stockpiling pass rushers ala the 2007 giants. everyone will probably clamor that they need a receiver, but with julio and a.j. green gone by that point, i love their pick.

on a side note, how sick would UNC's defense had been if they had all their guys eligible/healthy? that team could have made a national championship run...

SanJoaquinSooner
4/30/2011, 08:13 PM
The four quarterbacks chosen among the first 12 picks—Newton(1), Jake Locker (8), Blaine Gabbert (10) and Christian Ponder (12)—were the most QBs taken in the top 12 since five went in 1999. Those five were Tim Couch (1), Donovan McNabb (2), Akili Smith (3), Daunte Culpepper (11) and Cade McNown (12).

So, I figure out of Newton, Locker, Gabbert, and Ponder - maybe two of them will have good NFL careers.

VA Sooner
4/30/2011, 08:56 PM
Vikes panicked...

stoops the eternal pimp
4/30/2011, 10:11 PM
i love the robert quinn pick, seems they are stockpiling pass rushers ala the 2007 giants. everyone will probably clamor that they need a receiver, but with julio and a.j. green gone by that point, i love their pick.

on a side note, how sick would UNC's defense had been if they had all their guys eligible/healthy? that team could have made a national championship run...

Agreed...Great move on the Quinn pick...It would have been silly to let him slide to take a WR after the big 2 were already gone

Dwight
4/30/2011, 10:27 PM
I don't think Ponder was a bad pick. They need a QB.

Eielson
5/1/2011, 06:44 PM
Agreed...Great move on the Quinn pick...It would have been silly to let him slide to take a WR after the big 2 were already gone

I loved the first two rounds. Do you think the other rounds were good? I'm not sure what to think about the WR's, and it would've been nice to have gotten an OLB before the 7th round.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/1/2011, 06:51 PM
I thought overall they did just OK...not bad, not great...I think another Dlinemen pick would have been good....Definitely should have picked an OLB before the 7th...

I would give them a C+ overall...Quinn has enough upside to be a great one

swardboy
5/1/2011, 07:43 PM
I've very excited to see how the Wisconsin TE pans out at St. Louis. It sounds like he can be put in multiple positions...almost a WR in TE clothing. Apparently he is very fast off the line. Sam should get some pass rush relief out of that kind of guy running down the middle.

TXBOOMER
5/1/2011, 07:48 PM
AD should demand a trade to the Colts, Pats, Pack or Steelers if he wants to win a Super Bowl. Their draft choices really don't matter (even though I agree Ponder went way too early).

OU-HSV
5/1/2011, 08:38 PM
alright maybe i should go back and look.

Yes, you really should. TJ is very inconsistent...he is not good.

I side with you all who don't think Ponder was a very good pick. To me, the only good thing the vikes did with that pick is drafted a QB which is something they need. But IMO they took the wrong QB. They did have me worried during their pick that they weren't even going to take a QB though. And at that point I figured they must have a veteran coming in via trade plans.
Anyway, I never have been impressed with Ponder. He always seemed inconsistent to me which is something the Vikes don't need to add to their young QB depth. I have a feeling Joe Webb will be the starter at the start of the season, with Rhett close behind him.
Guess we'll see what happens though.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/1/2011, 08:44 PM
Anyway, I never have been impressed with Ponder. He always seemed inconsistent to me which is something the Vikes don't need to add to their young QB depth.

But how many rookie starting quarterbacks can you say were NOT inconsistent? They're few and far between. The true test is in a QB's 2nd and 3rd years where there's more understanding of the system, a season's worth of adjustment to NFL speed, and at least an off-season of management drafting and free agent signing additional positions to supplement the young quarterback.

Point being, even if he does win the starting job, even if he does get roughed up a little and makes some bad decisions with the ball, you can't throw the kid under the bus on that season's work alone.

JRAM
5/1/2011, 08:50 PM
I personally think that the pick could turn out to be a very good one. Ponder has all the tools to be a good QB. His one trait that sits him apart from the others is that he is very intelligent. That alone will advance his chance tremendously. I hope that he pans out and is another Bret Favre. I really think that he will.

OU-HSV
5/1/2011, 08:52 PM
But how many rookie starting quarterbacks can you say were NOT inconsistent? They're few and far between. The true test is in a QB's 2nd and 3rd years where there's more understanding of the system, a season's worth of adjustment to NFL speed, and at least an off-season of management drafting and free agent signing additional positions to supplement the young quarterback.

Point being, even if he does win the starting job, even if he does get roughed up a little and makes some bad decisions with the ball, you can't throw the kid under the bus on that season's work alone.

Actually the point is that I'm saying he was inconsistent in COLLEGE, not in the NFL. So why pick that kind of QB that high?

OU-HSV
5/1/2011, 08:54 PM
I personally think that the pick could turn out to be a very good one. Ponder has all the tools to be a good QB. His one trait that sits him apart from the others is that he is very intelligent. That alone will advance his chance tremendously. I hope that he pans out and is another Bret Favre. I really think that he will.

So you think he is more intelligent than the other QBs who were available at that point in the draft? For example, Dalton is no slacker, the kid seems brilliant from everything I've seen.
Or are you saying you think he's more intelligent than Webb and Bomar?