PDA

View Full Version : Sally Kern's at it again

SoonerLVZ
4/28/2011, 12:24 PM
Oh Sally..

Kern, R-Oklahoma City, said minorities earn less than white people and women earn less than men because they don't work as hard and have less initiative. She made the comments Wednesday night while debating for Senate Joint Resolution 15, a ballot measure that would allow the state to not abide by affirmative action guidelines.

Kern said, “Is this just because they're black that they're in prison or could it be because they didn't want to work hard in school?"
“I taught school for 20 years and I saw a lot of people of color who didn't want to work as hard,” she said, reading from notes. “They wanted it given to them.”

http://www.newsok.com/rep.-sally-kerns-comments-on-minorities-and-women-cause-stir/article/3562825

Soonerson1975
4/28/2011, 12:28 PM
Sally Kern wants the Panthers to draft Blaine Gabbart.

OhU1
4/28/2011, 12:32 PM
Sally Kern, because stupid people need representation too. Then there's Senator Ralph Shorty in the Senate.

badger
4/28/2011, 12:32 PM
I've heard another interesting argument on why women make less to do the same job -- because they're considered supplemental income in the family household, whereas a dude is usually the breadwinner in the family and must make enough to support a family (or a spouse, or aging parents, etc).

It is not necessarily a bad thing to make less money doing the same job during a recession. If you truly are doing the same job and doing it just as well as your male counterparts that make more money, guess who will be considered the expendable one?

Back on affirmative action... wtf, Sally. You want voters to vote to not abide by GUIDELINES?! Not actual laws, but GUIDELINES. Gahhhh. What a waste of a ballot.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/28/2011, 12:36 PM
It is amasing that she says what she does in public and gets re-elected...

sooner28
4/28/2011, 12:40 PM
It is amasing that she says what she does in public and gets re-elected...

Exactly. The fact that she gets re-elected is more incredible to me than what she says.....

Soonerson1975
4/28/2011, 12:42 PM
Exactly. The fact that she gets re-elected is more incredible to me than what she says.....

It's because she's white and has a legal birth certificate.

NormanPride
4/28/2011, 12:46 PM
Can we deport her?

Jammin'
4/28/2011, 12:49 PM
I almost wrote her a nasty letter but decided to make kool-aid instead.

I can promise you this: I will not vote next time.

usaosooner
4/28/2011, 12:49 PM
Can we deport her?

The Germans don't want her, we are stuck with her

badger
4/28/2011, 12:55 PM
She just apologized.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=336&articleid=20110428_336_0_OKLAHO523681)

Women are some of the hardest workers in the world. My husband is a pastor of a diverse inner-city church, and the way my words came out last night is certainly not my true spirit

Jammin'
4/28/2011, 12:57 PM
She just apologized.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=336&articleid=20110428_336_0_OKLAHO523681)

I see nothing in that apology directed towards us negros? But I'm not surprised, a man might have been able to put two apologies in one press release. For a woman that would be a lot of work.

Mississippi Sooner
4/28/2011, 12:58 PM
She just apologized.

Hmmm. Sounds like she was about to say some of her best friends are black.

badger
4/28/2011, 01:00 PM
Hmmm. Sounds like she was about to say some of her best friends are black.

she came close! instead of saying "friend" she referred to her husband pastor, and instead of "black" she said "inner-city"

Kern might as well have said IMPLYINGIMPLYINGIMPLYINGIMPLYINGIMPLYINGIMPLYINGIM PLYING

dynersooner
4/28/2011, 01:05 PM
Sally Kern wont go to Thunder games.

Sally Kern hates Ted's Escondito

Sally Kern once demanded reparations from Sally Hemmings

SoonerLVZ
4/28/2011, 01:07 PM
Sally Kern wont go to Thunder games.

Sally Kern hates Ted's Escondito

Sally Kern once demanded reparations from Sally Hemmings

Sally Kern thinks that Tulsa has the best football program in the state

mgsooner
4/28/2011, 01:11 PM
Little known fact: Sally Kern was responsible for New Coke.

badger
4/28/2011, 01:16 PM
Sally Kern told Bob Stoops to punt in the fourth quarter of the Mizzou game last year.

JDMT
4/28/2011, 01:21 PM
The Almighty would hit it.

dynersooner
4/28/2011, 01:23 PM
Sally Kern thinks that Tulsa has the best football program in the state

Socali faps to sally kern quotes.

(ok, that one might have hit a little too close to home...)

The
4/28/2011, 01:24 PM
The Almighty would hit it.

You EABOD and DIAF.

NormanPride
4/28/2011, 01:25 PM
How was that an apology?

jkjsooner
4/28/2011, 01:26 PM
Sally Kern told Bob Stoops to punt in the fourth quarter of the Mizzou game last year.

So I can thank her for the fact that we didn't drop too far in the polls after that loss which allowed us to win the tie breaker in the south?

JDMT
4/28/2011, 01:48 PM
You EABOD and DIAF.

EABOD = DOGGY STYLE, DIAF = REVERSE COWGIRL

yermom
4/28/2011, 01:58 PM
the sad thing is that i can't probably agree with part of her sentiment, she's just too stupid to articulate a real refutation of those statistics

the statements about a pay disparity requires more qualification

badger
4/28/2011, 01:58 PM
So I can thank her for the fact that we didn't drop too far in the polls after that loss which allowed us to win the tie breaker in the south?

Sally Kern accepts your apology for wanting to beat Mizzou

JDMT
4/28/2011, 02:01 PM
Who gives a chit what she said. If were said about a white man nothing would've ever been said about it. I've see a lot of lazy asss white men, and black men too! Women should stick to making the hard working men sandwiches.

The
4/28/2011, 02:04 PM
Who gives a chit what she said. If were said about a white man nothing would've ever been said about it. I've see a lot of lazy asss white men, and black men too! Women should stick to making the hard working men sandwiches.
http://i.imgur.com/LsaRa.jpg

The Profit
4/28/2011, 02:09 PM
Sally Kerns is a wrinkled old c.nt.

SoonerHoops
4/28/2011, 02:28 PM
Sally Kern made Brandon Weeden and Justin Blackmon return to OSU

TheHumanAlphabet
4/28/2011, 02:37 PM
It's because she's white and has a legal birth certificate.

That thar is dam funny... ;)

virginiasooner
4/28/2011, 02:40 PM
I thought that Robert Marshall here in Virginia (he represents Manassas) was batcrap crazy, but even he's not stupid enough to say something this blatantly bigoted. And I don't take what she says as an apology.

badger
4/28/2011, 03:27 PM
NAACP to the rescue!

Link (http://newsok.com/kern-apologizes-for-comments-on-minorities-and-women-naacp-says-its-not-enough/article/3562825?custom_click=lead_story_title)

Anthony Douglas, president of the Oklahoma chapter of the NAACP, said the apology is not enough. He said Kern should resign immediately.

“You cannot commit racism and then offer an apology for the racist statement that you make,” Douglas said. “The citizens of Oklahoma, the constituents can no longer stand by and allow this type of action to happen."

3rdgensooner
4/28/2011, 03:29 PM
Has this woman had any kind of positive impact for her constituents, because she seems like a blathering moron.

AlboSooner
4/28/2011, 03:32 PM
Douglas said. “The citizens of Oklahoma, the constituents can no longer stand by and allow this type of action to happen."

wishful thinking, imo.

Jammin'
4/28/2011, 04:13 PM
Anthony Douglas, president of the Oklahoma chapter of the NAACP, said the apology is not enough. He said Kern should resign immediately.

“You cannot commit racism and then offer an apology for the racist statement that you make,” Douglas said. “The citizens of Oklahoma, the constituents can no longer stand by and allow this type of action to happen."

Here's the trick Tony, she didn't apologize at all for the racist remarks. And only barely for the sexist ones.

The Profit
4/28/2011, 04:19 PM
Sally Kern is a stinky old cu.t.

badger
4/28/2011, 04:21 PM
Kernwatch update: The guy who tried to dethrone Jim Inhofe wants Kern disciplined:

You can watch a video of Kern's initial speech at that link, but it takes forever to load and spoiler alert --- she tries to ease into the remarks by quoting MLK. And I just heard her say this:

"I'm a woman, obviously, I hope it's obvious."

:rolleyes:

Anyway, if you're an iPhoney, here's the text:

State Senate Democratic Leader Andrew Rice challenged legislative Republicans on Thursday to reprimand Rep. Sally Kern, R-Oklahoma City, saying a failure to do so represented "tacit agreement with Kern."

badger
4/28/2011, 04:22 PM
Watching it now... oh no, they gave her 10 minutes to speak...

Kern said "In fact, I had a student who said 'I don't need to study, you know why? Because the government's going to take care of me.'"

It sounds like something I would have said as a kid as a joke. as a joke. as a joke. as a joke.

She raised her voice a little when there was a noticeable gasp when she suggested that women didn't work as hard as men... then immediately clarified that they didn't commit their lives to jobs but thought about family interests more.

"This bill is about trying to make a level playing field."

"Everybody should have the opportunity to advance so long as they're willing to work hard."

"We ought to be colorblind and ought to give people a chance to become everything they want to be, but it takes sweat, it takes effort."

She spoke for nearly 9 mins. Poor state senate.

soonercruiser
4/28/2011, 04:45 PM
I see nothing in that apology directed towards us negros? But I'm not surprised, a man might have been able to put two apologies in one press release. For a woman that would be a lot of work.

Come on Jammin'!
She's probably as apology-handicapped as the President.

okie52
4/28/2011, 05:17 PM
I don't which is funnier...Kern's speeches or the moral outrage in response.

Viking Kitten
4/28/2011, 05:20 PM
Sally is in the House. The Senate has 2 minute time limits.

usmc-sooner
4/28/2011, 06:22 PM
Oh my I'm so offended wait no I'm really not.

jumperstop
4/28/2011, 06:47 PM
Sally Kern, because stupid people need representation too. Then there's Senator Ralph Shorty in the Senate.

I know him personally and he's a great guy. Although I don't agree with his politics.

C&CDean
4/28/2011, 09:03 PM
So, SK kicked some A. Good.

OutlandTrophy
4/29/2011, 09:25 AM
is she wrong?

87sooner
4/29/2011, 09:30 AM
is she wrong?

that's not the point;)

OUMallen
4/29/2011, 09:36 AM

This thread just makes me sad, more than anything. If we can't all agree that SK is an idiot, I just have no hope for the voting populace. :(

homerSimpsonsBrain
4/29/2011, 09:44 AM
Is Sally Kerns the real Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs. You know, a crazy white guy in a woman suit?

DIB
4/29/2011, 10:09 AM
It is good to know that bigotry can still get you elected in Oklahoma.

The Profit
4/29/2011, 10:22 AM

Not really. She kicked out her own false teeth when she put her foot in her mouth.

hawaii 5-0
4/29/2011, 10:35 AM
I wish some dog would come up and pee on her leg.

5-0

Trump/ 3 D Danny 2012

dynersooner
4/29/2011, 10:56 AM
It is good to know that bigotry can still get you elected in Oklahoma.

it good to konw that those who are so morally outraged by her election, are still the most apathetic bunch of sore losers in Oklahoma.

stevo, amiryte?

DIB
4/29/2011, 11:24 AM
it good to konw that those who are so morally outraged by her election, are still the most apathetic bunch of sore losers in Oklahoma.

stevo, amiryte?

Blacks?
Women?
Gays?
People from Ada?
Horses from Ada?
Libertarians?

dynersooner
4/29/2011, 11:26 AM
Blacks?
Women?
Gays?
People from Ada?
Horses from Ada?
Libertarians?

Liberal WASP's...

DIB
4/29/2011, 11:30 AM
Liberal WASP's...

Those ARE the worst

Alde, amiright?!?!?!?

dynersooner
4/29/2011, 11:31 AM
Those ARE the worst

Alde, amiright?!?!?!?

would you thakn my repoly with cahs, if you could?

BE HONEST!!!

DIB
4/29/2011, 11:32 AM
would you thakn my repoly with cahs, if you could?

BE HONEST!!!

dynersooner has been thanked 18 Cash: they are the worst. alde, amiright!?!?!? [x]

dynersooner
4/29/2011, 12:31 PM
^^^thanks!

jdsooner
4/29/2011, 10:43 PM
I sent an e-mail and told her that she needs to resign because she represents the worst of Oklahoma. Of course, I am sure that this pistol packin', gay hating, minority bashing, denigrator of her own gender will remain in office and continue to make people in the Sooner state look like imbeciles for electing someone of her ilk.

delhalew
4/29/2011, 11:57 PM
If she didn't prattle on about sinking islands or her PHlawida Gawytors, then I'm not impressed.

XingTheRubicon
4/30/2011, 01:13 PM
is she wrong?

You can't utter a negative truth if it involves blacks or women.

You just can't do it.

Also, you have to pretend, or actually be offended, when someone utters a negative truth or you're a bigot/sexist.

delhalew
4/30/2011, 02:03 PM

You just can't do it.

Also, you have to pretend, or actually be offended, when someone utters a negative truth or you're a bigot/sexist.

That is very true.

JohnnyMack
4/30/2011, 02:13 PM
They should rename this place WASP Central.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/30/2011, 03:19 PM
This thread just makes me sad, more than anything. If we can't all agree that SK is an idiot, I just have no hope for the voting populace. :(As compared with what, a democrat? haha, how sad for you and America.

Sooner98
4/30/2011, 03:22 PM
http://tusb.stanford.edu/wp-content/uploads/mt/liberal_outrage_fox.jpg.

MsProudSooner2
4/30/2011, 03:47 PM

You just can't do it.

I guess I can say it, since I'm a woman. Sally Kern is an idiot and I wish she lived anywhere but in Oklahoma.

4/30/2011, 05:17 PM
I guess I can say it, since I'm a woman. Sally Kern is an idiot and I wish she lived anywhere but in Oklahoma.What do you think of Michelle Bachmann?

IOW, you might wanna move to CA, where they re-erected 2 of the biggest idjuts of all time, Barbara Boxer and Jerry(Moonbeam) Brown.

MsProudSooner2
4/30/2011, 06:30 PM
What do you think of Michelle Bachmann?

IOW, you might wanna move to CA, where they re-erected 2 of the biggest idjuts of all time, Barbara Boxer and Jerry(Moonbeam) Brown.

Bachman is an idiot, too. Seems to be some sort of pre-requisite these days.

I think I'll pass on moving. I'd rather stay in OK, annoy any conservatives I run into and drag OK kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

delhalew
4/30/2011, 06:41 PM

I think I'll pass on moving. I'd rather stay in OK, annoy any conservatives I run into and drag OK kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

What would we do without you?

StoopTroup
4/30/2011, 06:50 PM

I hope your Husband doesn't catch you on here.

olevetonahill
4/30/2011, 06:55 PM

http://freespeech.cubanology.com/index.2.jpg

4/30/2011, 06:56 PM
What would we do without you?No shiite! Please go to CA, lady! You will be able to understand those folks, I guess.

olevetonahill
4/30/2011, 07:01 PM
I hope your Husband doesn't catch you on here.

MsProudSooner2
Bro look at her name. Shes a Miss. Every one know a Miss is unmarried.:rolleyes:

StoopTroup
4/30/2011, 07:11 PM
Ms.

Miss is Single.

Ms. means she might mingle.

:D

StoopTroup
4/30/2011, 07:12 PM
No shiite! Please go to CA, lady! You will be able to understand those folks, I guess.

That's not very nice.

olevetonahill
4/30/2011, 07:13 PM
Ms.

Miss is Single.

Ms. means she might mingle.

Ms means she best have her *** in the ****ing kitchen LEARNING how to make good sammiches ;)

StoopTroup
4/30/2011, 07:17 PM
Ms means she best have her *** in the ****ing kitchen LEARNING how to make good sammiches ;)

Sammies?

I'm thinking she better be able to do better than sammies or it's always gonna be Ms. :D ;)

bigfatjerk
4/30/2011, 07:26 PM
This continues to show there's not really much of a difference between dems and reps anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CcNpoJsR84
David Boaz has them both nailed in this vid.

olevetonahill
4/30/2011, 07:27 PM
Sammies?

I'm thinking she better be able to do better than sammies or it's always gonna be Ms. :D ;)

Hell Ill cook as long as the Bitches do the dayum cleanin.;)

StoopTroup
4/30/2011, 09:45 PM
This continues to show there's not really much of a difference between dems and reps anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CcNpoJsR84
David Boaz has them both nailed in this vid.

The difference is that the Kern side has paid in advance for a seat next to Jesus come judgement day.

The thing they never count on is what they actually bought....

http://www.yourworldreport.com/casey/ElectricChairOPT2.jpg

SoonerBread
4/30/2011, 10:56 PM

Oh thank you so much! What would we ever do without you regressives to help conservatives see the error of their ways? Teach us, oh teacher. You are truly a saint. Thank you for having the wherewithall to even contemplate saving us dumb Okies, much less be willing to do something about it.

By the way, while you drag us kicking and screaming into the 21st century, do you think we could stop at the smoke shop so I can pick up a roll of Copenhagen Long Cut? I'm getting low and I figure it will be a long trip. kthx.

:dolemite:

5/1/2011, 03:20 AM
Oh thank you so much! What would we ever do without you regressives to help conservatives see the error of their ways? Teach us, oh teacher. You are truly a saint. Thank you for having the wherewithall to even contemplate saving us dumb Okies, much less be willing to do something about it.

By the way, while you drag us kicking and screaming into the 21st century, do you think we could stop at the smoke shop so I can pick up a roll of Copenhagen Long Cut? I'm getting low and I figure it will be a long trip. kthx.

:dolemite:

Pay 'Tention! She can show you how to apply for a govt. check, and learn to expect sugar-daddy treatment from the Taxpayers(Uncle Sam)

badger
5/2/2011, 02:48 PM
You all can stand down. She apologized again. Tearfully this time.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=336&articleid=20110502_336_0_OKLAHO995181)

It sounds like she might escape reprimand, not that it's a partisan thing because two Republicans have already been reprimanded this year, Mike Reynolds and Randy Terrill.

texaspokieokie
5/2/2011, 03:11 PM
who is sally kern ???

badger
5/2/2011, 03:21 PM
who is sally kern ???

Someone who is Republican and female and from Oklahoma BUT DOES NOT REPRESENT ME. :mad:

DIB
5/2/2011, 03:23 PM
who is sally kern ???

I think she is the grand wizard of the OKC KKK.

3rdgensooner
5/2/2011, 03:30 PM
Someone who is Republican and female and from Oklahoma BUT DOES NOT REPRESENT ME. She needs to take her working-less-lacking-initiative self into the kitchen and make me a sammich. No, I'm not really a sammich person. She needs to take her working-less-lacking-initiative self into the kitchen and make me a salad.

MsProudSooner
5/2/2011, 03:35 PM
She needs to take her working-less-lacking-initiative self into the kitchen and make me a sammich. No, I'm not really a sammich person. She needs to take her working-less-lacking-initiative self into the kitchen and make me a salad.

She'd probably be very glad to do that, 'cause she thinks that's "Woman's Work"! :rolleyes:

bigfatjerk
5/2/2011, 03:36 PM
I think she is the grand wizard of the OKC KKK.

Ironic since the KKK was a democrat party ran thing.

badger
5/2/2011, 03:46 PM
It sounds like she might escape reprimand, not that it's a partisan thing because two Republicans have already been reprimanded this year, Mike Reynolds and Randy Terrill.

I take that back - she got reprimanded. 76-16 vote.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=336&articleid=20110502_336_0_OKLAHO995181

The Profit
5/2/2011, 03:53 PM
Ironic since the KKK was a democrat party ran thing.

Yeah, but that was a long time ago. Those democrats became republicans after Kennedy and LBJ worked for Civil Rights.

5/2/2011, 05:52 PM
Ironic since the KKK was a democrat party ran thing.Yeah but they keep trying to associate the R's with it, and their deceit has partially worked. The dems will continue to do that, of course.

olevetonahill
5/2/2011, 06:40 PM
She'd probably be very glad to do that, 'cause she thinks that's "Woman's Work"! :rolleyes:

Dont roll yer dayum eyes woman, That IS womens werk, so get yer *** in the kitchen and make that salad, Mite well make me a sammich while yer at it

yermom
5/2/2011, 06:58 PM
Yeah, but that was a long time ago. Those democrats became republicans after Kennedy and LBJ worked for Civil Rights.

all the SicEms hated the "party of Lincoln"

SCOUT
5/2/2011, 07:19 PM

It sure has been a long time since The Exalted Cyclops Byrd served in the Senate.

5/2/2011, 07:40 PM
Yeah, but that was a long time ago. Those democrats became republicans after Kennedy and LBJ worked for Civil Rights.Make it stop! Stop wasting your time. Go learn some truths.

bigfatjerk
5/2/2011, 08:06 PM
Bob Byrd became a republican? Fact is that the democrat party hasn't changed in decades it was never about the CRA infact republicans voted for the CRA 90%, democrats were about 60/40 for it, they filibustered it for Christ's Sake. I hate the republican party but to say it's the KKK party is stupid. The KKK doesn't really exist anymore.

http://www.black-and-right.com/2010/03/19/the-dixiecrat-myth/

The idea that “the Dixiecrats joined the Republicans” is not quite true, as you note. But because of Strom Thurmond it is accepted as a fact. What happened is that the **next** generation (post 1965) of white southern politicians — Newt, Trent Lott, Ashcroft, Cochran, Alexander, etc — joined the GOP.

So it was really a passing of the torch as the old segregationists retired and were replaced by new young GOP guys. One particularly galling aspect to generalizations about “segregationists became GOP” is that the new GOP South was INTEGRATED for crying out loud, they accepted the Civil Rights revolution. Meanwhile, Jimmy Carter led a group of what would become “New” Democrats like Clinton and Al Gore.

Larry also suggested I contact Mike Allen, Professor of History at the University of Washington, Tacoma (who also appeared in the Reagan documentary) for input.

There weren’t many Republicans in the South prior to 1964, but that doesn’t mean the birth of the souther GOP was tied to “white racism.” That said, I am sure there were and are white racist southern GOP. No one would deny that. But it was the southern Democrats who were the party of slavery and, later, segregation. It was George Wallace, not John Tower, who stood in the southern schoolhouse door to block desegregation! The vast majority of Congressional GOP voted FOR the Civil Rights of 1964-65. The vast majority of those opposed to those acts were southern Democrats. Southern Democrats led to infamous filibuster of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

The confusion arises from GOP Barry Goldwater’s vote against the ’64 act. He had voted in favor or all earlier bills and had led the integration of the Arizona Air National Guard, but he didn’t like the “private property” aspects of the ’64 law. In other words, Goldwater believed people’s private businesses and private clubs were subject only to market forces, not government mandates (“We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.”) His vote against the Civil Rights Act was because of that one provision was, to my mind, a principled mistake.

This stance is what won Goldwater the South in 1964, and no doubt many racists voted for Goldwater in the mistaken belief that he opposed Negro Civil Rights. But Goldwater was not a racist; he was a libertarian who favored both civil rights and property rights.

Switch to 1968.

Richard Nixon was also a proponent of Civil Rights; it was a CA colleague who urged Ike to appoint Warren to the Supreme Court; he was a supporter of Brown v. Board, and favored sending troops to integrate Little Rock High). Nixon saw he could develop a “Southern strategy” based on Goldwater’s inroads. He did, but Independent Democrat George Wallace carried most of the deep south in 68. By 1972, however, Wallace was shot and paralyzed, and Nixon began to tilt the south to the GOP. The old guard Democrats began to fade away while a new generation of Southern politicians became Republicans. True, Strom Thurmond switched to GOP, but most of the old timers (Fulbright, Gore, Wallace, Byrd etc etc) retired as Dems.

Why did a new generation white Southerners join the GOP? Not because they thought Republicans were racists who would return the South to segregation, but because the GOP was a “local government, small government” party in the old Jeffersonian tradition. Southerners wanted less government and the GOP was their natural home.

Jimmy Carter, a Civil Rights Democrat, briefly returned some states to the Democrat fold, but in 1980, Goldwater’s heir, Ronald Reagan, sealed this deal for the GOP. The new ”Solid South” was solid GOP.

BUT, and we must stress this: the new southern Republicans were *integrationist* Republicans who accepted the Civil Rights revolution and full integration while retaining their love of Jeffersonian limited government principles.

I disagree with the last part of this because they obviously don't care about limited government principles. The republican party is practically the same as the democrat party. You just don't like to hear that because the republican party is evil in your mind.

soonercruiser
5/2/2011, 11:04 PM
I heard that there might be a "Support Sally Rally" somewhere.
Anybody got details?

Midtowner
5/2/2011, 11:10 PM
I take that back - she got reprimanded. 76-16 vote.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=336&articleid=20110502_336_0_OKLAHO995181

She voted to reprimand herself.

WTF were the other 16 folks thinking?

5/3/2011, 02:18 AM
Thread summary: Sally Kern's brain and speech don't necessarily work in-sync. Socialism is a POS, and needs to be stopped ASAP, or the entire country will be in BIG-AS* trouble. Actually, we are already in that kind of trouble, and more civil strife(ala Midison WI, or worse) is VERY possible.

CORNholio
5/3/2011, 04:02 AM
I like her. The truth, it's a rude biznatch.

soonercoop1
5/3/2011, 05:43 AM
Thread summary: Sally Kern's brain and speech don't necessarily work in-sync. Socialism is a POS, and needs to be stopped ASAP, or the entire country will be in BIG-AS* trouble. Actually, we are already in that kind of trouble, and more civil strife(ala Midison WI, or worse) is VERY possible.

More civil strife is a given if congress/states refuse to do the right thing....

The Profit
5/3/2011, 08:47 AM
Bob Byrd became a republican? Fact is that the democrat party hasn't changed in decades it was never about the CRA infact republicans voted for the CRA 90%, democrats were about 60/40 for it, they filibustered it for Christ's Sake. I hate the republican party but to say it's the KKK party is stupid. The KKK doesn't really exist anymore.

http://www.black-and-right.com/2010/03/19/the-dixiecrat-myth/

I disagree with the last part of this because they obviously don't care about limited government principles. The republican party is practically the same as the democrat party. You just don't like to hear that because the republican party is evil in your mind.

What I was inferring was that the south was once a dependable voting block for the democratic party. After the Civil Rights Bill was signed into law, that changed nearly overnight. Upon signing the 1964 Civil Rights legislation, legend has it that, as he put down his pen, Johnson told an aide, "We have lost the South for a generation", anticipating a coming backlash from Southern whites against Johnson's Democratic Party. As it turned out, his prediction was conservative. The Democrats may have lost the south forever.

Sure, there were some racist Democrats, who remained registered Democrats. Byrd, however, actually renounced his racist past, and apologized for ever being the radical bigot that he was. But, there were other southern Democrats (e.g. Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms), who changed their party affiliation.

badger
5/3/2011, 09:58 AM
I am watching the video clip now of the apology here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20110503_16_A1_CUTLIN720203) I'll watch it so none of you have to :)

badger
5/3/2011, 10:04 AM
She voted to reprimand herself.

WTF were the other 16 folks thinking?

Perhaps they didn't think that what she did warranted a reprimand, compared to what warranted a reprimand in the past... plus she apologized, so that might have made some rethink a reprimand, even if she asked for one.

Watching the apology now. She is quoting Proverbs and other biblical verses.

"While my words were not expressed well... they were not expressed with any intent of malice."

MLK quoting...

"I agree with Dr. King's words with all my heart."

Her voice is very shaky.

"My poor choice of words were hurtful and offensive to many, but I hope you remember they were just 8 minutes in part of a debate and 8 minutes do not a person make."

"I'm apologizing today because it's a biblical principle to do so."

"I want to be able to work for the Lord with a clear conscience and I know there are those who have something against me because of my words and so I am publicly apologizing..."

"I've asked the Lord to forgive me for my careless words."

I am probably missing a few words... I only wanted to watch it once. :P

DIB
5/3/2011, 10:06 AM
When you do it over and over and over again, can you still call it careless words?

TUSooner
5/3/2011, 10:11 AM
I am so sorry that I said exactly what I was thinking.

hmm.

JohnnyMack
5/3/2011, 10:13 AM
When you do it over and over and over again, can you still call it careless words?

It's more of a whisper.

MsProudSooner
5/3/2011, 10:43 AM
I read this morning that she mentioned being a teacher for 20 years. Has anyone made sure that her former students were offered free counseling?

OhU1
5/3/2011, 12:42 PM
Is Sally Kern a clone of Bobby Burbridge Lane? (The Sports Animal "morals commericals" lady)

Pricetag
5/3/2011, 01:19 PM
I read this morning that she mentioned being a teacher for 20 years. Has anyone made sure that her former students were offered free counseling?
Here's what we can do with all those ****ty teachers folks keep talking about. Send them to state congress!

Viking Kitten
5/3/2011, 01:48 PM
Sally is right. There are some some lazy women and minorities out there. But guess what... there are also quite a few lazy men. Some of them are neglecting your jobs and looking at the Internet right this moment. All of this has dick to do with affirmative action.

Fact is, her blanket statement is an insult to a lot of people who bust their asses every single day, especially the people she represents in her district. She deserved every bit of that reprimand.

Anyone trying to make her remarks into a First Amendment argument need to re-read the Constitution, and remind themselves that the First Amendment also gives people the freedom to react and respond to her remarks, as well as the freedom to call her the ignorant bigot she is.

That said, I've met Sally Kern and will say this for her: unlike a lot of politicians, I think she is totally sincere in what she says and believes. She may be an extremist nutjob, but I really believe for better or for worse, her heart is in the right place.

yermom
5/3/2011, 01:52 PM
It's more of a whisper.

are you saying she's never going to dance again?

3rdgensooner
5/3/2011, 01:54 PM
Sally is right. There are some some lazy women and minorities out there. But guess what... there are also quite a few lazy men. Some of them are neglecting your jobs and looking at the Internet right this moment. All of this has dick to do with affirmative action.

Fact is, her blanket statement is an insult to a lot of people who bust their asses every single day, especially the people she represents in her district. She deserved every bit of that reprimand.
:slowclap

badger
5/3/2011, 01:55 PM
Anyone trying to make her remarks into a First Amendment argument need to re-read the Constitution, and remind themselves that the First Amendment also gives people the freedom to react and respond to her remarks, as well as the freedom to call her the ignorant bigot she is.

Word. Every action has a consequence. When you choose an action, you cannot also choose the consequence. You take the consequence that goes with your action.

While I really rolled my eyes at Sally-being-Sally last week, it is admirable that she gave a heartfelt apology in front of her peers yesterday.

Mississippi Sooner
5/3/2011, 02:02 PM
When you choose an action, you cannot also choose the consequence. You take the consequence that goes with your action.

All this time I've been doing it wrong. :(

badger
5/3/2011, 02:03 PM
All this time I've been doing it wrong. :(

I stole that from this (http://www.uwgb.edu/dutchs/nosymp.htm) :D

A very good read for everyone here's who's been through college or had kids/grandkids who tell you how tough it is

JohnnyMack
5/3/2011, 02:06 PM

That said, I've met Sally Kern and will say this for her: unlike a lot of politicians, I think she is totally sincere in what she says and believes. She may be an extremist nutjob, but I really believe for better or for worse, her heart is in the right place.

Get yer *** back in the kitchen.

Viking Kitten
5/3/2011, 02:07 PM
Help! Help! I'm being oppressed!

The Profit
5/3/2011, 02:10 PM
Is Sally Kern a clone of Bobby Burbridge Lane? (The Sports Animal "morals commericals" lady)

Hmmmm. Great question. I have never seen the two of them at the same place at the same time. Come to think of it, I think I have heard "Climb Every Mountain," being played in the background each time I have heard either of these sanctimonious bitches speak.

soonercruiser
5/3/2011, 10:32 PM

Probably love Diane Feinstein, and Nanci Peeloski????

MsProudSooner
5/4/2011, 07:39 AM
Probably love Diane Feinstein, and Nanci Peeloski????

Not particularly. I'm going to take issue with the extreme right or the extreme left if they spout stupidity.

bigfatjerk
5/4/2011, 08:06 AM
Not particularly. I'm going to take issue with the extreme right or the extreme left if they spout stupidity.
I'm not sure there is a real difference between the 2 to say either is extreme from the other. They just want to pay for different things.

5/4/2011, 12:16 PM
I'm not sure there is a real difference between the 2 to say either is extreme from the other. They just want to pay for different things.The govt. is authorized to pay for national defense, and a few other things. social engineering is NOT authorized.

For example, this is a valid use of taxpayer's dollars: http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/dont-wo...inglepage=true

saucysoonergal
5/4/2011, 01:01 PM
don't click on pajamasmedia links unless you want 20 new windows to pop open, ywia.

5/4/2011, 01:15 PM
don't click on pajamasmedia links unless you want 20 new windows to pop open, ywia.didn't happen to me.

Aldebaran
5/4/2011, 01:46 PM
Did my post about getting cut off by Sally Kern get deleted?

5/4/2011, 01:55 PM
Did my post about getting cut off by Sally Kern get deleted?would you be surprised?

Aldebaran
5/4/2011, 02:00 PM
Not really. I'm not surprised by much.

bigfatjerk
5/4/2011, 07:39 PM
The govt. is authorized to pay for national defense, and a few other things. social engineering is NOT authorized.

For example, this is a valid use of taxpayer's dollars: http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/dont-wo...inglepage=true

Depends on what your term for national defense is. Iraq and Lybia have nothing to do with national defense.

soonercruiser
5/4/2011, 08:08 PM

We'll be waiting for criticism of them then.
(Holding our breath; NOT!)

soonercruiser
5/4/2011, 08:09 PM
didn't happen to me.

She's got all the filters off so she CAN see all the porn Rush.

soonercruiser
5/4/2011, 08:11 PM
Depends on what your term for national defense is. Iraq and Lybia have nothing to do with national defense.

"The One" is using the term "in the national interest".
That is much more broad than being a direct threat to the country.

5/5/2011, 12:23 AM
Depends on what your term for national defense is. Iraq and Lybia have nothing to do with national defense.Iraq did, but not so much any more. Libya, not at all, other than when the Moslem Brotherhood gains control, we will be that much closer to DEEP SHI*.